Idaho toddler shoots mother dead in Walmart store.

“She was not the least bit irresponsible,” he said.

Hmm, let's see. Putting a loaded gun with the safety off where a two year old could causally reach for it and shoot you? And they call that an "accident". Well, Republicans have said they want every one to have a gun. Imagine how it will be once all the teachers are armed. Guess they will have to keep the guns loaded and sitting on the desk to be really effective.
Accident is the wrong word. More like wrongful death due to negligence. If the child had shot someone other than the guilty party, I'm pretty sure we'd be looking at homicide charges against the mother.

no, this was an accidental death , that's how it will be ruled, and I doubt the mother would have faced charges if someone else had been shot and killed either. It would be VERY difficult to prove that she committed any reckless actions which led to the shooting.
If true, IMO, that's wrong. I'd be good with a law covering child safety regulations regarding guns. For example, either the purse or the gun in the purse should have had a child proof safety device. Thus the absence would make it obvious that she was being reckless in not having said regulated device.

Hmm, let's see. Putting a loaded gun with the safety off where a two year old could causally reach for it and shoot you? And they call that an "accident". Well, Republicans have said they want every one to have a gun. Imagine how it will be once all the teachers are armed. Guess they will have to keep the guns loaded and sitting on the desk to be really effective.
Accident is the wrong word. More like wrongful death due to negligence. If the child had shot someone other than the guilty party, I'm pretty sure we'd be looking at homicide charges against the mother.

no, this was an accidental death , that's how it will be ruled, and I doubt the mother would have faced charges if someone else had been shot and killed either. It would be VERY difficult to prove that she committed any reckless actions which led to the shooting.
If true, IMO, that's wrong. I'd be good with a law covering child safety regulations regarding guns. For example, either the purse or the gun in the purse should have had a child proof safety device. Thus the absence would make it obvious that she was being reckless in not having said regulated device.

I'd be good with such laws as well. And I wholeheartedly agree with those who state that there are people carrying guns who have no business carrying guns.

I wish you were right. In real life, this almost never happens. It is simply passed off as an unfortunate accident.

Yeah ok, that's wrong.

Just as we have child safety locks for electrical plugs, pill bottles, doors, drawers, etc... You should always have some child safety in place to prevent access to guns, knives, pools, hot pans on a stove, etc. This is not rocket science.

See Post 119.

The bag below is advertised as a concealed carry bag for women, but doesn't say anything about child-proof. I think the press has contacted the manufacturer already and it's bullshit, obviously, called damage control.

This kind of stuff doesn't happen in other developed, first world countries. Only America!

Eeee-haaaaaaaa! Don't try to tell us 'Muricans what's good for our families and children! We know best! Protect your families! Carry a gun to Walmart!

71YTLC0z8qL._UX395_.jpg

And you are an idiot. Yes, I have read NRA publications. And they do constantly endorse more people packing guns. Without any statements of the importance of training in how to handle this dangerous tool.
Like I said, you're a liar. They spend a lot of real estate discussing firearm safety. You don't know what you're talking about. Nowhere have they ever said everyone should be armed and blaming her negligence on the NRA is like blaming the keyboard manufacturer for your comments.

The bag below is advertised as a concealed carry bag for women, but doesn't say anything about child-proof. I think the press has contacted the manufacturer already and it's bullshit.

71YTLC0z8qL._UX395_.jpg
She could keep the bag on her. Making it child proof would make it difficult to get to in time of need. The gun and purse operated as designed.

I'd be good with such laws as well. And I wholeheartedly agree with those who state that there are people carrying guns who have no business carrying guns.
I suppose just like there are people driving who have no business driving, some regulations for who can drive in public and carry guns in public are necessary.

The bag below is advertised as a concealed carry bag for women, but doesn't say anything about child-proof. I think the press has contacted the manufacturer already and it's bullshit.

71YTLC0z8qL._UX395_.jpg
She could keep the bag on her. Making it child proof would make it difficult to get to in time of need. The gun and purse operated as designed.

You have no idea what the manufacturer's instructions were about child-safety. You are going by what I posted. Try doing some research on your own instead of pilot-fishing off mine.

I suppose just like there are people driving who have no business driving, some regulations for who can drive in public and carry guns in public are necessary.

One would think that is obvious.

I think we sometimes take the idea that our rights are absolute, for everyone ,at all times a little too far.

We regulate EVERYTHING in this country , but somehow gun ownership is sacrosanct?

71YTLC0z8qL._UX395_.jpg
Child proofing does not require making it hard to open for an adult.

I think we sometimes take the idea that our rights are absolute, for everyone ,at all times a little too far.

We regulate EVERYTHING in this country , but somehow gun ownership is sacrosanct?
We have plenty of gun regulations. Hardly sacrosanct.

The mother had an advanced degree and was a chemical engineer. And still stupid as a rock, evidently. I am familiar with Coeur d' Alene area of Idaho. It's FULL of retired cops from California. One of my brothers has been in the area since 1984. No reason for anyone to carry a damn gun with a bunch of kids to the store.

We have plenty of gun regulations. Hardly sacrosanct.

Many Americans believe it should be however. And you know this to be true.

Personally, I think gun manufacturers need to be made responsible for safety equipment. No different than cars.

Beginning in 2016 all new vehicles sold in the US must include a back up camera. If we can mandate that,we can likewise mandate trigger locks on all new weapons sold in the US.

Something like this would have saved this woman

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

Beginning in 2016 all new vehicles sold in the US must include a back up camera. If we can mandate that,we can likewise mandate trigger locks on all new weapons sold in the US

There are only two things that would do.....

1. For us intelligent gun owners, that would put another $150 in our gunsmith's hands to disable the feature.

2. For those who choose to leave it in place, it would turn the gun into a worthless rock when it was needed the most.

Beginning in 2016 all new vehicles sold in the US must include a back up camera. If we can mandate that,we can likewise mandate trigger locks on all new weapons sold in the US

There are only two things that would do.....

1. For us intelligent gun owners, that would put another $150 in our gunsmith's hands to disable the feature.

2. For those who choose to leave it in place, it would turn the gun into a worthless rock when it was needed the most.

1. I'd support jail time for anyone who disabled it
2. 99% of people who carry a gun will NEVER need to use it. and even if you did how long does it take to unlock the damnthing?

Those are excuses made by people who need not carry guns.

you libtards don't give a shit about anybody or anything except your anti-American leftist marxist agenda. As long as you hurt traditional family, traditional marriage and traditional common sense policies, you love it.

Its almost like you have a death wish. A monopoly on abortion isn't enough for you traitors.
I can see that this has upset you. I hope this dead mom isn't someone you knew.

2. 99% of people who carry a gun will NEVER need to use it. and even if you did how long does it take to unlock the damnthing?

1. You'd be putting pretty much every gunsmith in MA, NY, CA, and more than a few other states in jail.

2. 100% of people don't NEED a gun 99% of the time. However, if you've found that 1% of the time that you do need one and you don't have one, more than likely you're not going to live to make that mistake again.

We don't carry firearms because we hope or think we're going to need them. We carry them just in case that one moment in life comes along when we do.

Sure we put up with it....just like we put up with Sandy Hook

We say "thats too bad" and then we shrug our shoulders and say....nothing we can do about it

No, that is not what we say. We do not say "Because of the 0.01% we are taking the guns away from everyone!", but we don't say there is nothing we can do.

We can have better security at schools, better mental health options available and we can put violent offenders away and keep them away.
There are 300 million guns out there....nobody is going to take them away

Guns are part of our culture, we have to live with the consequences
Those consequences are:
Massacres
Assasinations
High murder rate
Suicides
Accidents
Bullshit. Guns are just a dangerous tool. No different than any other dangerous tool.

Guns are a tool that can fire a projectile at over 1000 ft/sec at a range of over a mile. Its primary function is for killing. Other nations have seen fit to limit access to this tool and experience lower murder, suicide, massacres and accidental shooting rates.

But our nation has embraced this tool and celebrate it as part of our culture. As a result, we have to tolerate 2 year olds accidentally shooting their mothers
Well, clearly everyone knows you are lying, cause (1) you are against unfettered access, you have stated so numerous times, (2) guns are not the only tools used in murders, suicides, massacres, or even accidental projectile deaths.

Additionally, this statement of yours that anyone tolerates the stupidity of gun owners is utter nonsense. If YOU want to tolerate 2 year olds accidentally shooting their mothers with unattended guns, that's your business. But YOU don't speak for me. Do you or do you not understand that you don't speak for me?

I'm glad to hear that

What legislation are you proposing as a result of that 2 year old killing his mother? If your answer is nothing then you are proving my point

1. You'd be putting pretty much every gunsmith in MA, NY, CA, and more than a few other states in jail.

2. 100% of people don't NEED a gun 99% of the time. However, if you've found that 1% of the time that you do need one and you don't have one, more than likely you're not going to live to make that mistake again.

We don't carry firearms because we hope or think we're going to need them. We carry them just in case that one moment in life comes along when we do.

1. If they're committing a crime, tough shit.

2. You carry a gun because it makes YOU feel tough. PERIOD.

I was a MP for 20 + years, I arrested hundreds of people. Many of them armed when I arrested them. Do you know how many times I pulled my weapon?

ZERO

Take the woman in the OP. Do you know what the chances are that she would have used her gun even if she had come to a situation whee she may have could have needed it? Probably somewhere between zero and zero

I'm sorry you need to carry a gun to compensate for a tiny penis, but the reality is that the odds are so infinitesimal that you will ever need it in such a hurry that you can't unlock a trigger lock fast enough, that I really don't care.

The mother had an advanced degree and was a chemical engineer. And still stupid as a rock, evidently. I am familiar with Coeur d' Alene area of Idaho. It's FULL of retired cops from California. One of my brothers has been in the area since 1984. No reason for anyone to carry a damn gun with a bunch of kids to the store.
So no mother has ever been mugged heading out to her car in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho?

Forum List

Back