Idaho toddler shoots mother dead in Walmart store.

That pistol packing mama was protected against rape, protected against robbery able to jump in and save someone in need

She just wasn't protected from a 2 year old

That pistol packing mama was protected against rape, protected against robbery able to jump in and save someone in need

Why are you talking like an idiot? Leaving a loaded gun laying around for children to play with does not protect you from rape or robbery.

The victim’s father-in-law, Terry Rutledge, told Associated Press that she “was a beautiful, young, loving mother.”

“She was not the least bit irresponsible,” he said. “She was taken much too soon.”

What would this guy call irresponsible? If I had a gun in my purse I sure as hell wouldn't have that purse in arms reach of my kids. Actually I refused to get a gun until my kids were grown. I'm just glad the child wasn't hurt.

Why are you talking like an idiot? Leaving a loaded gun laying around for children to play with does not protect you from rape or robbery.

Somehow, kids in this country have a way of finding those guns

But who cares if we have an occassional mishap? It is the price we pay for a second amendment

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/us/children-and-guns-the-hidden-toll.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Hey...we have 300 million guns in this country

Occaisionally, these weapons will fall into the hands of children. It is the price we pay for a second amendment

Those happen when someone does something stupid. Figure out a way to fix stupid and we will be fine.

There are around 700 to 800 accidental shooting deaths a year in the US. There are 65 million legal gun owners. In other words, 0.0012% of legal gun owners are involved in any sort of accidental shooting death. 99.998% have no accidental shooting deaths at all.

Somehow, kids in this country have a way of finding those guns

But who cares if we have an occassional mishap? It is the price we pay for a second amendment
Nonsense. The second amendment has nothing to do with child safety regulations. The price we pay for being allowed to have pools is kids drown? Bullshit. The price we pay for being allowed to have cars is drunks run people over? Bullshit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/us/children-and-guns-the-hidden-toll.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Hey...we have 300 million guns in this country

Occaisionally, these weapons will fall into the hands of children. It is the price we pay for a second amendment

Those happen when someone does something stupid. Figure out a way to fix stupid and we will be fine.

There are around 700 to 800 accidental shooting deaths a year in the US. There are 65 million legal gun owners. In other words, 0.0012% of legal gun owners are involved in any sort of accidental shooting death. 99.998% have no accidental shooting deaths at all.

And yet we tolerate hundreds more of these "accidents" than countries that do not have such open access to guns

It is a side effect of a second amendment

pathetic to use this tragedy to try to make a political point.

The point being that we are a gun loving society and we are willing to put up with an occaisional child shooting

No big deal
Bullshit you effing liar. No one is putting up with "occasional" child shootings. WTF is wrong you? Are you mentally unstable or something?

The point being that we are a gun loving society and we are willing to put up with an occaisional child shooting

No big deal
Bullshit you effing liar. No one is putting up with "occasional" child shootings. WTF is wrong you? Are you mentally unstable or something?

Sure we put up with it....just like we put up with Sandy Hook

We say "thats too bad" and then we shrug our shoulders and say....nothing we can do about it

No big deal

We say "thats too bad" and then we shrug our shoulders and say....nothing we can do about it
Bullshit there is something we can do. You are the only one shrugging with your smug tired ass cliches. What drugs are you on this morning?

No big deal

No, that is not what we say. We do not say "Because of the 0.01% we are taking the guns away from everyone!", but we don't say there is nothing we can do.

We can have better security at schools, better mental health options available and we can put violent offenders away and keep them away.

Apparently accidents happen... even when the shooting is on purpose.

I think the take away is owners should recognize just how dangerous their guns are in the hands of someone that is not equipped mentally and/or physically to handle said guns. And if they don't... someone might get killed.

That's part of concealed carry training. Apparently this woman shouldn't have passed the class and issued the permit.

It's one thing to know how to do things right, how to keep your kids safe... it's another to do it.

Then basically the permit is useless.

Forum List

Back