Ideas for fixing minimum wage.

Yup. Loncoln and I, me and Lincoln. We're Americans, not Georgians or Mainans or whatever.

If I ever hid that my apologies.

Any progress yet concerning if minimum wage increases raise inflation by raising wages or if minimum wage increases lower wages?

BTW, if incomes rise also reasonable inflation helps hide fixed long term borrowing costs. That type of thing fixes or hides our real estate demand problems. So I'm not concerned if wages and inflation rise together.

No you're against freedom..you want everything to be the same across America.. (as Long as you get to decide)

Exactly! Political diversity scares them. And he admitted in a previous post that since they find it more difficult to impose their wills on states they prefer to do it it federally.

That's why they want to get rid of the EC is to bully smaller states isn't that right
Pogo

Wanna be tyrants always favor centralization. Since when did authoritarians ever allow local government accountable to the people rather than themselves? Its is a sign of freedom where people are trusted to govern themselves.

Can you imagine Stalin or Hitler saying "its ok..this particular area of power doesn't belong to me"?
what is your point? we have a federal form of Government, regardless.

Hmmm...I wonder....do you even know what "a federal form of government" is?

No you're against freedom..you want everything to be the same across America.. (as Long as you get to decide)

Exactly! Political diversity scares them. And he admitted in a previous post that since they find it more difficult to impose their wills on states they prefer to do it it federally.

That's why they want to get rid of the EC is to bully smaller states isn't that right
Pogo

Wanna be tyrants always favor centralization. Since when did authoritarians ever allow local government accountable to the people rather than themselves? Its is a sign of freedom where people are trusted to govern themselves.

Can you imagine Stalin or Hitler saying "its ok..this particular area of power doesn't belong to me"?
what is your point? we have a federal form of Government, regardless.

Hmmm...I wonder....do you even know what "a federal form of government" is?
i know right wing rhetoric when i hear it.

But you are too uneducated to know what you mean by "federal form of government". Just to be brief..by using the term you made the opposite point you thought you were making :)

Prime democrat voter here folks. Too ignorant to know what form his government takes...but always on the lookout for those "rightwingers". Should he even be allowed to vote?

But you are too uneducated to know what you mean by "federal form of government". Just to be brief..by using the term you made the opposite point you thought you were making :)

Prime democrat voter here folks. Too ignorant to know what form his government takes...but always on the lookout for those "rightwingers". Should he even be allowed to vote?

Wow. Voting and non voting classes of citizens.

only the clueless and the Causeless, say that.

For the life of me I can't figure out why we don't just tie minimum wage to the Consumer Price Index or something. Have it adjust yearly and leave it alone.

We COULD attach it to Gross Domestic Product, give everyone "skin in the game" so to say.

We COULD attach it to some measurement of Board of Directors pay/reimbursement packages for humorous effect.

Where would my first idea about the Consumer Price Index go wrong or is there a better measure?
A minimum wage would for the most part only effect low skilled workers, and in the age of AI, a large number of these jobs could be eliminated by smart machines. The only reason these jobs exist at all now is that they cost less than the machines. A minimum wage of any significance would cost low skilled workers their jobs and create new jobs for higher skilled workers that design and build smart machines. The lesson here is forget about these political slogans about a minimum wage and encourage each worker to create his own minimum wage by acquiring higher paying skills.

Eliminate the economic advantage of smart machines by eliminating tax incentives.
There is no tax incentive to replace low skilled workers with smart machines.

Tax incentives for business topped $80B this year mostly for capital investment.
Are you trying to sound stupid?

Then post the number.

A minimum wage would for the most part only effect low skilled workers, and in the age of AI, a large number of these jobs could be eliminated by smart machines. The only reason these jobs exist at all now is that they cost less than the machines. A minimum wage of any significance would cost low skilled workers their jobs and create new jobs for higher skilled workers that design and build smart machines. The lesson here is forget about these political slogans about a minimum wage and encourage each worker to create his own minimum wage by acquiring higher paying skills.

Eliminate the economic advantage of smart machines by eliminating tax incentives.

Tax incentives for business topped $80B this year mostly for capital investment.

Then post the number.

We need to ban the use of tax incentives. The Constitution grants the taxation power to government to raise revenue for its legitimate functions. It was never meant to be a tool for manipulating society.

Then post the number.
There is no clear relationship between the alleged $80 billion and replacing low skilled workers with smart machines, however, there is a clear relationship between a too high minimum wage and replacing workers with smart machines.

Then post the number.

We need to ban the use of tax incentives. The Constitution grants the taxation power to government to raise revenue for its legitimate functions. It was never meant to be a tool for manipulating society.
Then presumably you would be opposed to the government trying to manipulate society by imposing a minimum wage, since it is clear the framers of the Constitution had nothing of this sort in mind.

Then post the number.

Then presumably you would be opposed to the government trying to manipulate society by imposing a minimum wage, since it is clear the framers of the Constitution had nothing of this sort in mind.
Yep.

Then post the number.

Yep.
So you're opposed to the minimum wage?

Then post the number.

Yep.
Yes. What are you getting at?

Then post the number.

Yep.
I'm not getting at anything. I was just surprised to learn you are opposed to the minimum wage.

Yep.
I'm not getting at anything. I was just surprised to learn you are opposed to the minimum wage.
Hmm... Ok. Why's that?

Yep.
Hmm... Ok. Why's that?
Because you seemed to be critical of my explanations of why a minimum wage would have either no effect or a negative effect on the welfare of the very people it is supposed to help.

Hmm... Ok. Why's that?
Because you seemed to be critical of my explanations of why a minimum wage would have either no effect or a negative effect on the welfare of the very people it is supposed to help.
Maybe you mixed me up with someone else. Minimum wage laws are populist nonsense in my book.

Hmm... Ok. Why's that?
Maybe you mixed me up with someone else. Minimum wage laws are populist nonsense in my book.
I suppose I must have confused your posts with some one else's. Apologies.

I have cracked it!

This is the optimum solution.

Raise the minimum wage to $200 an hour and give all people on minimum wage a free BMW.

This will be an incredible boost to the economy.

Please don't thank me.

I have cracked it!

Raise the minimum wage to $200 an hour and give all people on minimum wage a free BMW.

Please don't thank me.

It's funny because this is really the logic behind minimum wage laws.

I have cracked it!

Please don't thank me.

It's funny because this is really the logic behind minimum wage laws.
No. The Logic is that the minimum someone should earn who work a job is enough to pay the rent and buy some food ie a living wage. Not a living wage for a family of 5 but a living wage for one. Anything less is slave wages. And we don't do Slavery in America. Personally I believe that wage would be $10 an hour for 40 hours in the State of Florida. More elsewhere where the rents are higher.

Having a job and still making so little you qualify for Government handouts defeats the purpose of having a job.

If all you can get is a minimum wage job then you shouldn't have kids. If you can't feed yourself you shouldn't get pregnant. If you can't afford birth control you shouldn't have sex.

Forum List

Back