Ideas for fixing minimum wage.

Are you trying to sound stupid?

Then post the number.
There is no clear relationship between the alleged $80 billion and replacing low skilled workers with smart machines, however, there is a clear relationship between a too high minimum wage and replacing workers with smart machines.

Which is why you eliminate all business deductions except employee expenses.

Right, because deducting "cost-of-goods-sold" is a loophole. LOL!

It is. Why should a business be able to deduct the cost of doing business when an employee can't?

It is. Why should a business be able to deduct the cost of doing business

Because businesses are taxed on profit, not revenue.

Hmm... Ok. Why's that?
Because you seemed to be critical of my explanations of why a minimum wage would have either no effect or a negative effect on the welfare of the very people it is supposed to help.
Maybe you mixed me up with someone else. Minimum wage laws are populist nonsense in my book.

Since 60% of the US economy is based on middle class (now poor with credit) spending, don't minimum wage laws promote the economy?

Since 60% of the US economy is based on middle class (now poor with credit) spending

How much of the Greek economy is based on consumer spending?

Focus! This isn't Greece!

Is it a higher percentage than the US? Focus!

I'm not getting at anything. I was just surprised to learn you are opposed to the minimum wage.
Hmm... Ok. Why's that?
Because you seemed to be critical of my explanations of why a minimum wage would have either no effect or a negative effect on the welfare of the very people it is supposed to help.
Maybe you mixed me up with someone else. Minimum wage laws are populist nonsense in my book.

Since 60% of the US economy is based on middle class (now poor with credit) spending, don't minimum wage laws promote the economy?

I don't see how. But I don't think it's government's job to "promote the economy", so the argument is moot in my book.

One sided government regulation made me a multi-millionaire, and has made a record number of Americans millionaires in 2017-2018. The middle class (now poor with credit), not so much. Raising the minimum wage would make a more level field.

I have cracked it!

This is the optimum solution.

Raise the minimum wage to $200 an hour and give all people on minimum wage a free BMW.

This will be an incredible boost to the economy.

Please don't thank me.

It's funny because this is really the logic behind minimum wage laws.

Or is it an effort to protect employees from predator employers.

What do you mean by "predator employers"? If they're deceiving employees, or coercing them - sure, lock 'em up. But if their only "crime" is paying someone less that what you think is appropriate, that's not preying on anyone. It's just not abiding by your druthers. Too bad.

A company that ruthlessly exploits their employees by not paying a living wage.

Then post the number.
There is no clear relationship between the alleged $80 billion and replacing low skilled workers with smart machines, however, there is a clear relationship between a too high minimum wage and replacing workers with smart machines.

Right, because deducting "cost-of-goods-sold" is a loophole. LOL!

It is. Why should a business be able to deduct the cost of doing business when an employee can't?

It is. Why should a business be able to deduct the cost of doing business

Because businesses are taxed on profit, not revenue.

Employees aren't allowed to deduct the cost of being employed.

Since 60% of the US economy is based on middle class (now poor with credit) spending

It doesn't matter. This isn't Greece.

You hate the American Worker.

If the percentage matters for the US, it matters for Greece.

Hmm... Ok. Why's that?

I don't see how. But I don't think it's government's job to "promote the economy", so the argument is moot in my book.

One sided government regulation made me a multi-millionaire, and has made a record number of Americans millionaires in 2017-2018. The middle class (now poor with credit), not so much. Raising the minimum wage would make a more level field.

LOL - you flat out admit the corruption the regulatory state and then propose more of it. Good call.

Hmm... Ok. Why's that?

Yea from 3% making minimum wage to 40% plus making minimum wage..

Those 38% are going to be thrilled they went backwards .

No you hate competition.

we want an institutional upward pressure on wages.

Hat head I can't take you serious till you comb your hair
ThinkstockPhotos-177100804.jpg

View attachment 230761
Thank you for Your support of this left wing policy by having nothing but fallacy instead of a valid argument for rebuttal.

View attachment 230761
Thank you for Your support of this left wing policy by having nothing but fallacy instead of a valid argument for rebuttal.

Dude I can't take you serious bro comb your hair take a shower..

Then post

Please?

images (8).jpeg

View attachment 230761

Dude I can't take you serious bro comb your hair take a shower..

Then post

Please?

View attachment 230764
You have to Be sincere to establish Confidence in your Sincerity.

The CPI doesn't just increase, so what happens when the CPI decreases? Minimum wage decreases proportionally because goods and services are now costing less?
It isn't adjusted every day.
That's not the point
when has deflation been a problem?
I don't think it is at all, as a saver. But deflation of wages is never going to go over well even if prices in the market are decreasing

The CPI doesn't just increase, so what happens when the CPI decreases? Minimum wage decreases proportionally because goods and services are now costing less?
It isn't adjusted every day.
That's not the point
when has deflation been a problem?
I don't think it is at all, as a saver. But deflation of wages is never going to go over well even if prices in the market are decreasing
We could eliminate a Statutory minimum wage with unemployment compensation at fourteen dollar an hour equivalent. Labor should self-select.

Forum List

Back