Ideas for fixing minimum wage.

I bet you just can't wait to make minimum wage, huh?

i bet you can't wait to have more than fallacy.

^ you dying to make the $15 dollar minimum wage , $7.25 an hour burger flipper boi..

I'll take 15 I only make 10.
Labor needs to be able to afford our First World economy.

Back when I was in the disaster response game, we would have these conventions from time to time where you’d go and share ideas and techniques blah blah blah. The group from the Bay Area had an advertising slogan about their official response posture; “The First 72 Are On You” meaning that you needed to have a 3 day supply of food, water, medicine, clothing… The reason given was that the Bay Area is so expensive that few first responders can afford to live there, the land is so expensive that storing enough supplies for 200,000 people is not cost effective (and would probably be over-run well before by homeless), and that if they did pre-position them, nobody would be there to effectively dispense the goodies.
Would we have this problem if Persons could simply apply for unemployment compensation for merely being unemployed in our at-will employment States?

Every time the federal minimum wage is brought up, we’re told that business would lay off their workforce!!! It never happens.

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story.

Any raise should be in announced increments well in advance.

^ you dying to make the $15 dollar minimum wage , $7.25 an hour burger flipper boi..

Exactly, you want 30 million plus more workers to suffer like you..

more people will be able to afford more options for housing.

Back when I was in the disaster response game, we would have these conventions from time to time where you’d go and share ideas and techniques blah blah blah. The group from the Bay Area had an advertising slogan about their official response posture; “The First 72 Are On You” meaning that you needed to have a 3 day supply of food, water, medicine, clothing… The reason given was that the Bay Area is so expensive that few first responders can afford to live there, the land is so expensive that storing enough supplies for 200,000 people is not cost effective (and would probably be over-run well before by homeless), and that if they did pre-position them, nobody would be there to effectively dispense the goodies.
Would we have this problem if Persons could simply apply for unemployment compensation for merely being unemployed in our at-will employment States?
d30c71ab557258ed5c231b30fcd9e6ea.gif

Exactly, you want 30 million plus more workers to suffer like you..

more people will be able to afford more options for housing.

How ? What do you think the maintenance guys wages won't go up also?

Every time the federal minimum wage is brought up, we’re told that business would lay off their workforce!!! It never happens.

I thought minimum wage (adjusted for inflation) has been going down for decades. Do you have any clear data supporting your claim?

Also, do you think minimum wage increases could ever cause layoffs, or inflation? If so, at what point would you say that minimum wage is too high? If not, why not raise it to the point where we all rich?

I thought minimum wage (adjusted for inflation) has been going down for decades. Do you have any clear data supporting your claim?

Also, do you think minimum wage increases could ever cause layoffs, or inflation? If so, at what point would you say that minimum wage is too high? If not, why not raise it to the point where we all rich?

Spending power of what you bring home has been going down for decades. Meaning a dollar worth of income brought X in 1990 and buys less today.

Layoffs? Yes. Inflation? Not likely. Inflation is caused by supply and demand differences. Increased costs to producers can cause inflation but usually price increases solve the issue. Since all companies suffer/benefit from the FMW increases…price adjustments are not crippling to any one business. In fact what it does do is increase opportunities for new businesses since they are usually more lean and have less legacy costs due to out dated equipment that needs refurbishment, retirement costs, have flatter management structures, etc…

Raise it to the point where “we all rich”? Don’t be stupid.

Raise it to the point where “we all rich”? Don’t be stupid.

What's stupid about that?

First thing “we all rich”. Second thing, common sense.
Yeah? Where does the common sense kick in? At what point would minimum wage be too high? How would you know?

Probably well before a minimum wage earner becomes rich.

Why?
Why not?

What's stupid about that?

Yeah? Where does the common sense kick in? At what point would minimum wage be too high? How would you know?

Why?
Why not?
Because, if I thought passing a law could make everyone rich, I'd sure as hell support it. Why wouldn't you?

Translation: you want to be paid for not working. That's your bottom line and what your otherwise meaningless phrases really mean.

Why?
Why not?
Because, if I thought passing a law could make everyone rich, I'd sure as hell support it. Why wouldn't you?

Everyone having a million dollars is no different from no one having a million dollars. Just as in thermodynamics, it is imbalance that makes money flow.

Why?
Why not?

Well, you thought wrong.

For the life of me I can't figure out why we don't just tie minimum wage to the Consumer Price Index or something. Have it adjust yearly and leave it alone.

Sure , I'm in as soon as we tie the CPI and GND towards a sliding fee scale disparity

~S~

Why?
Why not?

Well, you thought wrong.

How so? If you believe that raising minimum wage doesn't cause inflation or layoffs, why dick around with petty increases? Why not raise it meaningfully?

Is the reason, perhaps, that you know damned well that raising the minimum wage will increase unemployment and drive inflation, but you think it's worth it? Well, how much is it worth? That's what I'm asking. What would be the right balance in your view?

Why?
Why not?

Well, you thought wrong.

How so? If you believe that raising minimum wage doesn't cause inflation or layoffs, why dick around with petty increases? Why not raise it meaningfully?

Is the reason, perhaps, that you know damned well that raising the minimum wage will increase unemployment and drive inflation, but you think it's worth it? Well, how much is it worth? That's what I'm asking. What would be the right balance in your view?

Raising it to $10 an hour would be nearly a 33% increase. Hardly Petty.
Your questions have improper foundations.

Forum List

Back