Ideas for fixing minimum wage.

The CPI doesn't just increase, so what happens when the CPI decreases? Minimum wage decreases proportionally because goods and services are now costing less?
It isn't adjusted every day.
That's not the point
when has deflation been a problem?
I don't think it is at all, as a saver. But deflation of wages is never going to go over well even if prices in the market are decreasing
We could eliminate a Statutory minimum wage with unemployment compensation at fourteen dollar an hour equivalent. Labor should self-select.

Are you still going on about that, pretending you're not demanding welfare so you don't have to work?

It isn't adjusted every day.
That's not the point
I don't think it is at all, as a saver. But deflation of wages is never going to go over well even if prices in the market are decreasing
We could eliminate a Statutory minimum wage with unemployment compensation at fourteen dollar an hour equivalent. Labor should self-select.

Are you still going on about that, pretending you're not demanding welfare so you don't have to work?
not for freedom or liberty?

That's not the point

You do know, don't you, that incessantly beating the same arythmic beats on the same drum doesn't make your case any stronger?

You do know, don't you, that incessantly beating the same arythmic beats on the same drum doesn't make your case any stronger?
we are Men. Practice makes Perfect is practically a religion, with us.

How many people are on the street who should not be?

Unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed means that many more consumers for those goods and services. It results in More rather than Less economic activity; and, that means more potential for a positive multiplier effect.

Unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed means that many more consumers for those goods and services. It results in More rather than Less economic activity; and, that means more potential for a positive multiplier effect.

Taxing someone productive to give money to the unproductive results in less production, not more.

Taxing someone productive to give money to the unproductive results in less production, not more.
Capitalism has a natural rate of unemployment.

Every time the federal minimum wage is brought up, we’re told that business would lay off their workforce!!! It never happens.

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good story.

Any raise should be in announced increments well in advance.

Every time the federal minimum wage is brought up, we’re told that business would lay off their workforce!!! It never happens.

I bet you just can't wait to make minimum wage, huh?

i bet you can't wait to have more than fallacy.

^ you dying to make the $15 dollar minimum wage , $7.25 an hour burger flipper boi..

^ you dying to make the $15 dollar minimum wage , $7.25 an hour burger flipper boi..

i prefer a job that comes with a laptop.

i prefer a job that comes with a laptop.

I prefer a job that comes with a lapdance as a benefit..

I'll take 15 I only make 10.

Labor needs to be able to afford our First World economy.

giphy (18).gif

Back when I was in the disaster response game, we would have these conventions from time to time where you’d go and share ideas and techniques blah blah blah. The group from the Bay Area had an advertising slogan about their official response posture; “The First 72 Are On You” meaning that you needed to have a 3 day supply of food, water, medicine, clothing… The reason given was that the Bay Area is so expensive that few first responders can afford to live there, the land is so expensive that storing enough supplies for 200,000 people is not cost effective (and would probably be over-run well before by homeless), and that if they did pre-position them, nobody would be there to effectively dispense the goodies.

Exactly, you want 30 million plus more workers to suffer like you..

Forum List

Back