Idf Shoots Down Syrian Warplane Over Golan

Pretty obvious I would think. America's money weapons and lives. Why are we there and where is our ally Israel ?

Pretty obvious I would think. America's money weapons and lives. Why are we there and where is our ally Israel ?
Yes.

America's money, weapons and lives.

Why are we there?

For a collage of both valid and invalid reasons.

Where is our ally, Israel?

Sitting it out, as we no doubt have asked them to do behind the scenes.

Much as we did in 1990-1991.

It's about time we consider what being Israel's ally has cost us in terms of lives and money. 9/11 was a direct result of our unflinching support for Israel.

Are you insinuating that Israel is hooked up with any of these three groups?
It is obvious that the three groups enjoy the more or less direct support and protection from the west and its allies. Though the Israelis (and westerners) dislike the terror of these groups and fear their barbarism, the western agenda is to arm, train and finance them. They single out the IS a bit nowadays, bomb here and there a bit. But the support for the other terrorist groups continue. Furthermore, it is also obvious that the Syrian aircraft was not a threat to Israel.
10367552_558134157621107_5913639331930365384_n.jpg

Even though you say you were born in Germany, it is obvious that your roots are in Syria. However, I don't think you realize that this isn't the first time Syrian planes have flown into Israeli airspace. I believe I mentioned it berfore, but I will repeat myself. In the early 60's when Israel was purchasing some equipment from the U.S., Naval personnel were there to teach the Israeli pilots how to use this equipment. My husband said at one session four or five Syrian jets flew overhead so the Israeli pilots scrambled to their planes to chase these planes back to Syria. Meawnhile, two of the Syrian planes were shot down. Hopefully the pilots were able to eject just like the pilot did recently.
Speculations about my roots have no place here. They are wrong anyway. I am just there, where the good guys are.

Yopu
It is obvious that the three groups enjoy the more or less direct support and protection from the west and its allies. Though the Israelis (and westerners) dislike the terror of these groups and fear their barbarism, the western agenda is to arm, train and finance them. They single out the IS a bit nowadays, bomb here and there a bit. But the support for the other terrorist groups continue. Furthermore, it is also obvious that the Syrian aircraft was not a threat to Israel.

Even though you say you were born in Germany, it is obvious that your roots are in Syria. However, I don't think you realize that this isn't the first time Syrian planes have flown into Israeli airspace. I believe I mentioned it berfore, but I will repeat myself. In the early 60's when Israel was purchasing some equipment from the U.S., Naval personnel were there to teach the Israeli pilots how to use this equipment. My husband said at one session four or five Syrian jets flew overhead so the Israeli pilots scrambled to their planes to chase these planes back to Syria. Meawnhile, two of the Syrian planes were shot down. Hopefully the pilots were able to eject just like the pilot did recently.[/QUOTE
]
Speculations about my roots have no place here. They are wrong anyway. I am just there, where the good guys are.

You can insinuate all you want, but your insinuations don't make anything true. As for your roots, it is quite obvious that the readers are smart enough to figure this out for themselves.

The article that I had read this morning admitted that the incursion of airspace was most likely a mistake on the part of the pilot.

Pilot ejected safely. It was only the loss of a heavily armed plane. Might even have saved lives of syrians that were about to bombed, preventing yet another war crime. Israel saving civilian lives.

After syrian air force was totally decimated by Israel 25 yrs ago, they should know to avoid a repeat by getting too close to Israeli airspace.

The article that I had read this morning admitted that the incursion of airspace was most likely a mistake on the part of the pilot.

Pilot ejected safely. It was only the loss of a heavily armed plane. Might even have saved lives of syrians that were about to bombed, preventing yet another war crime. Israel saving civilian lives.

After syrian air force was totally decimated by Israel 25 yrs ago, they should know to avoid a repeat by getting too close to Israeli airspace.
Horseshit. Syrian planes are bombing the same enemy as the US. Israel just knocked out some assistance yet I don't see any Israeli jets hitting ISIS.

It's about time we consider what being Israel's ally has cost us in terms of lives and money. 9/11 was a direct result of our unflinching support for Israel.
Disagree.

9-11 was largely about our military presence upon Saudi soil at the time.

9-11 was connected to our support for Israel as an afterthought - secondary, or tertiary at best.

The United States should not allow foreign powers or factions to dictate to it, whom we may befriend and ally with, and whom we may not.

Millions for defense... not one cent for tribute... no caving-in to such demands... phukk 'em... when we get hit, we hit back harder... this is no time to lose our nerve.

Lets reread ,they didn't give a hoot if they died, they had no intention of saving anyone. They didn't give a shit.

Video footage of the first such downing by Israel of a Syrian jet since 1982 showed two burning sections of the plane falling to the ground and then the parachutes of the pilot and navigator who ejected moments before impact.
Syria immediately condemned the downing of the jet, with state television describing it as an “act of aggression” and linking it to US-led air strikes against Islamic State (Isis) forces in Syria that had occurred earlier.
The jet entered Israeli-controlled airspace a few minutes before 9am and was flying at between 10,000 and 14,000 feet when it was engaged.
An Israeli military source said a “Syrian aircraft infiltrated into Israeli airspace [and was] intercepted in mid-flight, using the Patriot air defence system”.
Military sources and experts described the plane as a Sukhoi 24, which they say had flown from Saikal air base in eastern Syria. They said they believed it had strayed into Israeli-controlled airspace while fully armed on a mission to bomb anti-government groups on the other side of the border.

Lets reread ,they didn't give a hoot if they died, they had no intention of saving anyone. They didn't give a shit.

Video footage of the first such downing by Israel of a Syrian jet since 1982 showed two burning sections of the plane falling to the ground and then the parachutes of the pilot and navigator who ejected moments before impact.
Syria immediately condemned the downing of the jet, with state television describing it as an “act of aggression” and linking it to US-led air strikes against Islamic State (Isis) forces in Syria that had occurred earlier.
The jet entered Israeli-controlled airspace a few minutes before 9am and was flying at between 10,000 and 14,000 feet when it was engaged.
An Israeli military source said a “Syrian aircraft infiltrated into Israeli airspace [and was] intercepted in mid-flight, using the Patriot air defence system”.
Military sources and experts described the plane as a Sukhoi 24, which they say had flown from Saikal air base in eastern Syria. They said they believed it had strayed into Israeli-controlled airspace while fully armed on a mission to bomb anti-government groups on the other side of the border.

Evidently it is not a mistake if the Jews happen to do it. Meanwhile, that passenger plane was shot down over the Ukraine, killing all the people aboard, and Fatima probably didn't even notice.

Disagree.

9-11 was connected to our support for Israel as an afterthought - secondary, or tertiary at best.

The United States should not allow foreign powers or factions to dictate to it, whom we may befriend and ally with, and whom we may not.

Millions for defense... not one cent for tribute... no caving-in to such demands... phukk 'em... when we get hit, we hit back harder... this is no time to lose our nerve.

Obviously you have never read Bin Laden's declaration of war which was written prior to 9/11. It doesn't justify the attack--it merely provides a motive.

Disagree.

Obviously you have never read Bin Laden's declaration of war which was written prior to 9/11. It doesn't justify the attack--it merely provides a motive.
No, I have never read it.

But, even if I was wrong about the prioritization of motives for 9-11, the observation still stands.

The US should not allow foreign nations or factions to dictate to us whom we may befriend and whom we may not.

If there was no other reason in the world for remaining allied with Israel, I would advocate for us to maintain that alliance, just so that we are not perceived by the outside world as so weak that we will cave-in to demands about our choice of friends.

That is the main issue to be dealt with in this context... whether we will allow others to bully us into conforming to their view on whom we should befriend.

Not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

Thank God.

Disagree.

But, even if I was wrong about the prioritization of motives for 9-11, the observation still stands.

The US should not allow foreign nations or factions to dictate to us whom we may befriend and whom we may not.

If there was no other reason in the world for remaining allied with Israel, I would advocate for us to maintain that alliance, just so that we are not perceived by the outside world as so weak that we will cave-in to demands about our choice of friends.

That is the main issue to be dealt with in this context... whether we will allow others to bully us into conforming to their view on whom we should befriend.

Thank God.

Cut off our noses to spite our face ? Surely there is a way that the US could moderate it stance towards Israel without selling it down the river.

Even though you say you were born in Germany, it is obvious that your roots are in Syria. However, I don't think you realize that this isn't the first time Syrian planes have flown into Israeli airspace. I believe I mentioned it berfore, but I will repeat myself. In the early 60's when Israel was purchasing some equipment from the U.S., Naval personnel were there to teach the Israeli pilots how to use this equipment. My husband said at one session four or five Syrian jets flew overhead so the Israeli pilots scrambled to their planes to chase these planes back to Syria. Meawnhile, two of the Syrian planes were shot down. Hopefully the pilots were able to eject just like the pilot did recently.

Yopu

Even though you say you were born in Germany, it is obvious that your roots are in Syria. However, I don't think you realize that this isn't the first time Syrian planes have flown into Israeli airspace. I believe I mentioned it berfore, but I will repeat myself. In the early 60's when Israel was purchasing some equipment from the U.S., Naval personnel were there to teach the Israeli pilots how to use this equipment. My husband said at one session four or five Syrian jets flew overhead so the Israeli pilots scrambled to their planes to chase these planes back to Syria. Meawnhile, two of the Syrian planes were shot down. Hopefully the pilots were able to eject just like the pilot did recently.[/QUOTE
]

You can insinuate all you want, but your insinuations don't make anything true. As for your roots, it is quite obvious that the readers are smart enough to figure this out for themselves.

:smile:
He does not understand that FSA was the one receiving aid. Congress has recently approved supplying limited weapons
al-Bashir, al-Aqidi, Idriss are secular moderates not muslims with some corrupt idea of jihad.

Yopu

]

He does not understand that FSA was the one receiving aid. Congress has recently approved supplying limited weapons
al-Bashir, al-Aqidi, Idriss are secular moderates not muslims with some corrupt idea of jihad.
You have no clue. If the FSA receives all the aid, why are the other groups so strong? There is one group, it consists of FSA, Al Nusra, Islamic Front and others. And they are all about to join Isis.

[QUOTE="Bleipriester, post: 9854170, member:
[/QUOTE]

You can insinuate all you want, but your insinuations don't make anything true. As for your roots, it is quite obvious that the readers are smart enough to figure this out for themselves.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

al-Bashir, al-Aqidi, Idriss are secular moderates not muslims with some corrupt idea of jihad.[/QUOTE]
You have no clue. If the FSA receives all the aid, why are the other groups so strong? There is one group, it consists of FSA, Al Nusra, Islamic Front and others. And they are all about to join Isis.[/QUOTE]

who said the FSA receives ALL the aid.? the amount of ZAKAT dedicated to the Islamic cause of blowing the brains out of millions for allah---is staggering. uhm... priester----of course you need not answer-------I am a jew---born of two jewish parents-------in the USA----
of course you do not have to answer-----
uhm,,,,,,,,is you a Baathist ?----you seem to like
pig assad (of course you need not answer)

Disagree.

Thank God.

Cut off our noses to spite our face ? Surely there is a way that the US could moderate it stance towards Israel without selling it down the river.
I do not consider it cutting off our noses, to spit our face, if we refuse to allow foreign factions to dictate to the United States, whom it may befriend, and whom it may not. Right there is one key philosophical difference worth noting.

Consequently, I do not see us modifying our stance towards Israel - at least no solution that will survive past January 20, 2017.

It is never wise to show weakness in the face of the enemy.

Forum List

Back