If 1 out of every 5 households is on foodstamps, what is causing it?

nitroz

INDEPENDENTly ruthless
May 18, 2011
I'll give +rep to the first who can answer this question correctly.

hint: assume the employment rate of all households is 92.3% since national unemployment is at 7.7%.

The entitlement mentality hit this country with a vengeance on Jan 20, 2009.

lotta immigrants .... and more coming ..... that's why we might have a radical liberal government for generations to come!

free phones anybody? :eusa_whistle:

I'm on food stamps. I worked all my life and never asked for a dime. On my 60th birthday, I relented and asked for help. They asked if I needed money too..I said no. Just food and not much of it and I didn't want to be there. I got the foodstamps. It helps. A lot.

This mentality of people being poor and getting foodstamps means they are all lowlifes gets old.

Absentee baby daddy's, illegal immigrants, lack of ambition, a system which would rather give out handouts than make people self sufficient, and a precedent which dictates more kids, more freebies. There are many more, but those are the big ones.

I'm on food stamps. I worked all my life and never asked for a dime. On my 60th birthday, I relented and asked for help. They asked if I needed money too..I said no. Just food and not much of it and I didn't want to be there. I got the foodstamps. It helps. A lot.

This mentality of people being poor and getting foodstamps means they are all lowlifes gets old.

But why the exponential increase over recent years?

No idea. I just know things are not getting better. They are getting worse. Especially for boomers.

there's always anecdotes...but were talking about people able to work and that dont.....lets not get caught up in a case hear or one there.......if you cant get it you should get some help, especially if you put the time in......in the corporate world, thats called being vested.....but when you're not......get a life...or a job!

I believe it has to do with huge numbers of illegal aliens and the young entitlement generation.

Let's face it! everybody loves Santa-Claus ....that's the long and short of it!

so.... they will vote for the most Santa-Claus President on sight.

Let's face it! everybody loves Santa-Claus ....that's the long and short of it!

so.... they will vote for the most Santa-Claus President on sight.

black.png

I'll give +rep to the first who can answer this question correctly.

hint: assume the employment rate of all households is 92.3% since national unemployment is at 7.7%.

Perhaps before you post assumption statistics, you should look at the labor participation rate

"You Didn't Build That" :rolleyes:

it doesn't stop with this President.

Forum List

Back