If 25% of a commodity is removed, will the consumers' cost go up?

The pause for review on new leases did not cause a drop in production on federal lands.

Saudi Arabia accounts for less than 10 % of our petroleum imports.

You and the girls in the Democrat locker room are just poking each other away and giggling like crazy.

The point is that when they suspend new leases, that means the 25% is frozen and as Heath said will "eventually" be eliminated. I'm not like you, I actually read his OP.

And we both know Biden would never have approved the end of the "pause" in leases. Stop lying
The freeze has no impact upon how much natl gas is being produced. In fact we produce MORE natl gas now than in Nov of 2020.
Whether we return to pre-pandemic production .... we'll see.

Personally I'd rather not see any pause. I agree that there may be future cost increases, but there aren't now. And the best guess is that the increase in 21 will still leave elec prices lower than pre-pandemic.

The thread is a case of premature ejaculation.
Leases do not last forever. They slowly produce less and eventually stop producing. So yes, if you freeze leases, then as Health correctly said EVENTUALLY they will run dry. Biden would never end the "temporary" pause.
Doesn't really matter since it's not like oil under potential new federal land leases is just going away because the federal lease wasn't granted, the oil will still be there, and the leases will still be available for development if the market demand is there for it, in other words new leases *could* replace old ones that are taped out on a proven reserves vs. proven reserves basis (barrel for barrel) so as to maintain a constant volume of proven reserves that are actively being extracted.

My concern is allowing the Federal Government to directly manipulate potential production by withholding new leases solely for political purposes without regards to the needs of the economy THAT is dangerous since central planners invariably end up disconnecting supply and demand causing either shortages or over-supply.
Yeah. Elections have consequences, and Biden had to give the progressives something, and this issue WILL cost the dems in the 20 Senate and House elections. Progressives have short memories.

And yes, it's at least theoretically possible that potus would increase leasing in an effort to gain a short term energy price reduction.

Yes, Biden had to give the progressives something. So we are sending money to despotic dictators to drill oil there and put it in boats and sail it across the ocean for the environment because we aren't on the same earth as despotic dictators or the oceans they have to sail it across so it's good for the environment!

And to lunatic leftists, sending money out of the country is so much better than keeping it here because racism somehow

Most of the oil we import comes from Canada, Mexico and Venezeula.. And, most of that is heavy, sour crude. You are not well informed.. What the hell does the oil supply hve to do with racism?

Question... If 25% of a commodity is reduced and eventually eliminated, will that increase the costs to the consumers of that commodity?

FACT:
About a quarter (25%) of U.S. oil and an eighth of the nation's natural gas is produced on federal lands.
Supporting link: U.S. oil and natural gas production to fall in 2021, then rise in 2022 - Today in Energy - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

FACT:
If 25% of oil and gas on Federal lands is eliminated from the supply will the cost go up to gasoline consumers?

PROOF!!!

As gas prices soar, Americans can blame Joe Biden​

Biden's attack on U.S. energy producers, starting with his freeze on federal oil and gas leases, will assuredly take a toll on output down the road and cause prices at the pump to rise.
But today, Biden has pushed those prices, which were already rising because of severe weather, even higher by gratuitously alienating Saudi Arabia. The Gulf kingdom just surprised energy markets by announcing it would not raise oil output, despite developing supply constraints and rising prices.
Oil prices jumped on the news, popping 4 percent to pre-pandemic levels for the first time in a year; the surge rattled markets alread
Doesn't mean much with the left's push toward electric vehicles. Demand could be decreased by twenty-five percent as well.
Right... so where does the lubricant for your electric cars come from?
I use to think ah the answer is "synthetic oil"... Right?
But then.. a little research...
"The base material, however, is still overwhelmingly crude oil that is distilled and then modified physically and chemically."

So.... all the electric cars will still need increasingly more expensive "crude oil" to make synthetic lubricants... PLUS
hmmm... where will the power come from to charge those EVs?
Hmmm... Nuclear for sure but...
There are 53 nuclear reactors currently under construction around the world.
Only two are in the United States, once the world’s leader in nuclear energy development
So it seems we'll still need more costly crude oil which will either be imported and GROSSLY expensive...just to lubricate EVs
not even mentioning all those wind turbines that use oil.
Tsk..tsk.tsk... leaking oil polluting the environment!

Dirty Secret Behind Wind Turbines, They Need Lots Of Oil​

View attachment 502441
So what? It is the burning of the fuel that is releasing the sequestered carbon not using oil as a lubricant.

Actually, much carbon is released during the manufacturing process. Even in the Netherlands, it takes 10 years for a carbon footprint from a windmill to get to zero. The Netherlands is the BEST place for wind energy.

The carbon footprint for electric car batteries rarely exceeds the life of the batteries.

The whole global warming business is a scam

"More specifically, they figure that wind turbines average just 11 grams of CO2 emission per kilowatthour of electricity generated. That compares with 44 g/kwh for solar, 450 g for natural gas, and a whopping 1,000 g for coal.

But beating them all is the original large-scale zero-carbon power source, nuclear power, at 9 g/kwh.

Thanks to technology, these stats aren’t static. Offshore wind turbines are becoming enormous, with General Electric’s GE -2.9% Haliade X featuring blades 360 feet long and generating 14 megawatts. The carbon footprint of such monsters could get as low as 6 g/kwh. "

I wasn't talking about the cost of operating the windmill after it's built, I was talking about the carbon footprint of building it.

You didn't know it takes carbon to build a windmill? Seriously?

And I said "during the manufacturing process," moron. READ what you are responding to

The problem with your thinking is that the carbon footprint for the windmill is a one time thing and once it’s in operation it has an almost negligible carbon footprint whereis oil is the gift that keeps on giving. It’s adding CO2 to the atmosphere at every step in its production, refining and use.

Question... If 25% of a commodity is reduced and eventually eliminated, will that increase the costs to the consumers of that commodity?

FACT:
About a quarter (25%) of U.S. oil and an eighth of the nation's natural gas is produced on federal lands.
Supporting link: U.S. oil and natural gas production to fall in 2021, then rise in 2022 - Today in Energy - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

FACT:
If 25% of oil and gas on Federal lands is eliminated from the supply will the cost go up to gasoline consumers?

PROOF!!!

Biden's attack on U.S. energy producers, starting with his freeze on federal oil and gas leases, will assuredly take a toll on output down the road and cause prices at the pump to rise.
But today, Biden has pushed those prices, which were already rising because of severe weather, even higher by gratuitously alienating Saudi Arabia. The Gulf kingdom just surprised energy markets by announcing it would not raise oil output, despite developing supply constraints and rising prices.
Oil prices jumped on the news, popping 4 percent to pre-pandemic levels for the first time in a year; the surge rattled markets alread

What a bunch of hooey. Freezing oil and gas leases is on public lands has no effect on production whatsoever. They did the same thing under the Obama administration in production went up.

They’re not giving out new leases because there’s nothing left to lease. Any lands had any possibility of production have already been tapped.

Your article seems to be claiming that Biden intends to shut down the existing production on federal lands and there’s no indication that he does. The question of what happens if the 25% of oil and gas that is produced on federal lands is shut down is moot.

Joe Biden is one of the people who is responsible for the United States of America reach achieving energy independence. It is ridiculous for the right wing media to now clean that Joe is out to destroy that energy independence.

Hi George, the site's Chinese disinformation officer.

Just so you know, wells don't last forever. So yes, freezing leases may take time to cut production, but since reserve aren't infinite, yes, they will reduce and eventually end production.

You really are qualified to spread Chinese disinformation, you know nothing about everything!

Every time you get your ass handed to you on a plate, you come up with the Chinese bullshit line. One would think since it’s been an absolute failure since you started calling me Mrs. Mao, that you would’ve given up on it by now but you’re not that smart.

Since the USA is reducing its dependence on oil and moving to green energy why would you need to drill new wells? Demand is decreasing.

Trump just spent billions trying to bring back coal, only to have coal mines continue to go bankrupt and close.

Evolve or die. These are your options. Take a good look what is happening out west this week. You’ve ignored climate change for the past 40 years and people are dying. It’s all fun and games until hundreds of people start losing their lives.

So keep promoting carbon fuels, low gas prices and continue along the path of idiocy that you’ve been on under successive Republican administrations. Maybe when enough people stop dying you people smarten your ass is up.
You have if any substantiation for your statements and I'd like to see ANY for this one "when enough people stop dying"...
Let me understand something:
A) what is causing "enough people dying"?
B) How many is "enough"?
C) Is 42,679,032 people dying a year "enough"?

Attachments

• 1623954133290.png
    1623954133290.png
    627 bytes · Views: 12
The pause for review on new leases did not cause a drop in production on federal lands.

You and the girls in the Democrat locker room are just poking each other away and giggling like crazy.

The point is that when they suspend new leases, that means the 25% is frozen and as Heath said will "eventually" be eliminated. I'm not like you, I actually read his OP.

And we both know Biden would never have approved the end of the "pause" in leases. Stop lying
The freeze has no impact upon how much natl gas is being produced. In fact we produce MORE natl gas now than in Nov of 2020.
Whether we return to pre-pandemic production .... we'll see.

Personally I'd rather not see any pause. I agree that there may be future cost increases, but there aren't now. And the best guess is that the increase in 21 will still leave elec prices lower than pre-pandemic.

The thread is a case of premature ejaculation.
Leases do not last forever. They slowly produce less and eventually stop producing. So yes, if you freeze leases, then as Health correctly said EVENTUALLY they will run dry. Biden would never end the "temporary" pause.
Doesn't really matter since it's not like oil under potential new federal land leases is just going away because the federal lease wasn't granted, the oil will still be there, and the leases will still be available for development if the market demand is there for it, in other words new leases *could* replace old ones that are taped out on a proven reserves vs. proven reserves basis (barrel for barrel) so as to maintain a constant volume of proven reserves that are actively being extracted.

My concern is allowing the Federal Government to directly manipulate potential production by withholding new leases solely for political purposes without regards to the needs of the economy THAT is dangerous since central planners invariably end up disconnecting supply and demand causing either shortages or over-supply.
Yeah. Elections have consequences, and Biden had to give the progressives something, and this issue WILL cost the dems in the 20 Senate and House elections. Progressives have short memories.

And yes, it's at least theoretically possible that potus would increase leasing in an effort to gain a short term energy price reduction.

Yes, Biden had to give the progressives something. So we are sending money to despotic dictators to drill oil there and put it in boats and sail it across the ocean for the environment because we aren't on the same earth as despotic dictators or the oceans they have to sail it across so it's good for the environment!

And to lunatic leftists, sending money out of the country is so much better than keeping it here because racism somehow

Most of the oil we import comes from Canada, Mexico and Venezeula.. And, most of that is heavy, sour crude. You are not well informed.. What the hell does the oil supply hve to do with racism?

Actually you're stupid. This doesn't contradict anything I said. All you did was say what I already know and insulted me without ever specifying anything I said that was wrong

The premise of this stupid thread is faulty.

Suspending new oil leases doesn’t make existing leases disappear
Of course it doesn't and that's not the point DUMMY!
The point is without 25% of production in the future coming from Federal lands, this simply increases the
1) Costs of oil domestically and
2) Increases dependence on foreign oil...

That's the point! When you remove future oil exploration, it is simple economics but I guess that's too complicated for you!

The premise of this stupid thread is faulty.

Suspending new oil leases doesn’t make existing leases disappear
Of course it doesn't and that's not the point DUMMY!
The point is without 25% of production in the future coming from Federal lands, this simply increases the
1) Costs of oil domestically and
2) Increases dependence on foreign oil...

That's the point! When you remove future oil exploration, it is simple economics but I guess that's too complicated for you!

When Dubya was president there were 4,000 unused oil leases on Federal lands.

FACT:

FACT:

PROOF!!!

Doesn't mean much with the left's push toward electric vehicles. Demand could be decreased by twenty-five percent as well.
"The base material, however, is still overwhelmingly crude oil that is distilled and then modified physically and chemically."

So.... all the electric cars will still need increasingly more expensive "crude oil" to make synthetic lubricants... PLUS
Only two are in the United States, once the world’s leader in nuclear energy development
So it seems we'll still need more costly crude oil which will either be imported and GROSSLY expensive...just to lubricate EVs

View attachment 502441
So what? It is the burning of the fuel that is releasing the sequestered carbon not using oil as a lubricant.

Actually, much carbon is released during the manufacturing process. Even in the Netherlands, it takes 10 years for a carbon footprint from a windmill to get to zero. The Netherlands is the BEST place for wind energy.

The carbon footprint for electric car batteries rarely exceeds the life of the batteries.

"More specifically, they figure that wind turbines average just 11 grams of CO2 emission per kilowatthour of electricity generated. That compares with 44 g/kwh for solar, 450 g for natural gas, and a whopping 1,000 g for coal.

But beating them all is the original large-scale zero-carbon power source, nuclear power, at 9 g/kwh.

Thanks to technology, these stats aren’t static. Offshore wind turbines are becoming enormous, with General Electric’s GE -2.9% Haliade X featuring blades 360 feet long and generating 14 megawatts. The carbon footprint of such monsters could get as low as 6 g/kwh. "

I wasn't talking about the cost of operating the windmill after it's built, I was talking about the carbon footprint of building it.

And I said "during the manufacturing process," moron. READ what you are responding to

You didn't think to READ the link where those figures came from, here you go:

"Of course the wind blows without carbon emissions, but catching it isn’t easy. Building and erecting wind turbines requires hundreds of tons of materials — steel, concrete, fiberglass, copper, and more exotic stuff like neodymium and dysprosium used in permanent magnets.

All of it has a carbon footprint. Making steel requires the combustion of metallurgical coal in blast furnaces. Mining metals and rare earths is energy intensive. And the manufacture of concrete emits lots of carbon dioxide.

In the case of wind and solar power, those emissions are nearly all front-loaded. That contrasts with fossil-fueled electric power plants, where emissions occur continuouisly as coal and natural gas are combusted."

But then again you hardly ever provide links to the numbers you throw out there.

FACT:

FACT:

PROOF!!!

View attachment 502441

The problem with your thinking is that the carbon footprint for the windmill is a one time thing and once it’s in operation it has an almost negligible carbon footprint whereis oil is the gift that keeps on giving. It’s adding CO2 to the atmosphere at every step in its production, refining and use.

10 years to get to break even is a hell of a "one time thing."

Note you also whiffed on that is BEST CASE. Nowhere in the world is as windy as the Netherlands.

The problem is that windmills just produce so much less energy than comparable fissile fuels, including low emissions natural gas, which is the best solution for our level of technology.

Keep the Chinese disinformation coming, George! I'll keep correcting it for you!

FACT:

FACT:

PROOF!!!

View attachment 502441

FACTS not guesses. So easy to find you know...using this new invention called the INTERNET!!!

New research from Stanford University finds that in 2015, nearly 9,000 oilfields in 90 countries produced greenhouse gases equivalent to 1.7 gigatons of carbon dioxide – roughly 5 percent of all emissions from fuel combustion that year.
On average, oil production emitted of 10.3 grams of emissions for every megajoule of crude, but nations with the most carbon-intensive practices cranked out emissions at nearly twice that rate.

FACT:

FACT:

PROOF!!!

View attachment 502441

"Of course the wind blows without carbon emissions, but catching it isn’t easy. Building and erecting wind turbines requires hundreds of tons of materials — steel, concrete, fiberglass, copper, and more exotic stuff like neodymium and dysprosium used in permanent magnets.

All of it has a carbon footprint. Making steel requires the combustion of metallurgical coal in blast furnaces. Mining metals and rare earths is energy intensive. And the manufacture of concrete emits lots of carbon dioxide.

In the case of wind and solar power, those emissions are nearly all front-loaded. That contrasts with fossil-fueled electric power plants, where emissions occur continuouisly as coal and natural gas are combusted."

But then again you hardly ever provide links to the numbers you throw out there.

Windmills generate tiny energy compared to natural gas and nuclear. It doesn't take one windmill to replace a power plant, it takes thousands of them. They can't do it, it's not feasible. You're just playing games on the fringes, not solving anything

FACT:

FACT:

PROOF!!!

View attachment 502441

10 years to get to break even is a hell of a "one time thing."

Note you also whiffed on that is BEST CASE. Nowhere in the world is as windy as the Netherlands.

The problem is that windmills just produce so much less energy than comparable fissile fuels, including low emissions natural gas, which is the best solution for our level of technology.

Keep the Chinese disinformation coming, George! I'll keep correcting it for you!

There is no break even point.

FACT:

FACT:

PROOF!!!

View attachment 502441

Windmills generate tiny energy compared to natural gas and nuclear. It doesn't take one windmill to replace a power plant, it takes thousands of them. They can't do it, it's not feasible. You're just playing games on the fringes, not solving anything
Success is found in a can.

FACT:

FACT:

PROOF!!!

View attachment 502441

Windmills have a higher energy conversion efficiency potential than both natural gas and nuclear (up to 45% on wind versus around 38% max for NG and Nuke).

The problem with windmills isn't energy production, it's reliability (dependent on wind speed), IF you have reliable sustained wind speeds then windmills are a more efficient choice than the alternatives, of course given the dynamics of electrical grids it's not an either-or proposition, you can utilize both. ;)

FACT:

FACT:

PROOF!!!

What does that mean for Texas????

raining-money-5.gif

raining-money-2.gif

giphy.gif

Texas-Flag-Small.gif

FACT:

FACT:

PROOF!!!

View attachment 502441

Windmills have a higher energy conversion efficiency potential than both natural gas and nuclear (up to 45% on wind versus around 38% max for NG and Nuke).

The problem with windmills isn't energy production, it's reliability (dependent on wind speed), IF you have reliable sustained wind speeds then windmills are a more efficient choice than the alternatives, of course given the dynamics of electrical grids it's not an either-or proposition, you can utilize both. ;)
You just can't have any capacity reliant on wind. It can only supplement existing capacity.

I believe the point was that it *could* result in contraction of the domestic production possibilities curve in the future for those commodities, which is true, however given that the market isn't as simple as some apparently believe it doesn't necessarily entail corresponding price increases, for example we import crude oil, refine it and then turn around and export the refined products, contraction of the domestic crude oil PPC might involve reducing such exports to meet domestic demand.
7% in 2020 (on a downward sloping trend line).;)

BlindBoob want's to keep funding terrorist supporting and oppressive governments and not develop energy domestically. He's a dick that way.

But in his defense, BlindBoob realizes that terrorist supporting and oppressive government's aren't on the earth as we are and drilling oil there and shipping it across oceans doesn't affect our environment.

Arguing with leftists is always an experience in stupid

You want cheap gasoline at any price? Then nationalize the US oil industry. We have the highest lift costs in the world. Our domestic producers have to make a profit or go out of business.
Well said, too bad those naysayers won't respond to this logical post.

Another of the girls in the Democrat locker room poking and giggling each other.

So it makes sense to buy energy from despots and ship it across oceans rather than keeping the money and jobs here. That made sense to you. Rock on, girlfriend! Poke, poke, giggle, giggle ...
Do you have anything intelligent to offer?

It was the drilling permits that would have endangered production much sooner. But that ended months ago. It's was always doubtful that Joe would be able to abolish oil production on federal lands through his pause on lease sales.

So Joe's not responsible because he should have knows the courts would stop them. So you only support Joe TRYING to fund despotic governments and drill and drill and ship oil from overseas because you think that doesn't affect our environment.

A standard you applied to Trump ... never ...

Or in your native language, slap, slap, giggle, giggle.

Joe is responsible for both pauses and neither one cause a big spike in prices at the pump. Speaking of Trumpybear, he proudly protected the oil in Syria after stabbing our allies against ISIS in the back.

You and the girls in the Democrat locker room are just poking and giggling away, you're just ranting. You hate Trump to the point of total irrationality. I got it
You brought up the old Trumpyberra.

You still lack credibility.

Right, I pointed out that your standard's totally changed when the President switched from Trump to Biden. It's called hypocrisy.

But then you are just one of the girls in the Democrat locker room poking each other and giggling. You're not even intellectually engaged in any of this. Just Trump is bad, Biden is good. Justify whatever Biden does.

But it is a fact that you're supporting funding despotic governments and actually believe that drilling overseas and shipping oil in little boats across big oceans is better than drilling domestically. That's just wrong for a lot of reasons. But you aren't going to process them. It contradicts Trump bad, Biden good, as deep as you get

Our lift and extraction costs are just about double what they are in the ME.. Further, you have to look at quality.. Are you looking at heavy sour crude or Texas sweet. Most US wells produce less than 50 barrels a day so there are no economies of scale.

Has NOTHING to do with Trump. He's always looking to take credit, but the President has little to do with the ppb.
You wrote" but the President has little to do with the ppb."

Revenues from energy development on federal land and in offshore waters are a major source of federal income, second only to tax revenue. Each year, the money is distributed to states, Native American tribes, and the U.S. Treasury and is the primary funding source for popular federal and state programs devoted to everything from education and conservation to health care and public safety. More than $8 billion of energy revenues were disbursed last year for these purposes, primarily from royalty payments and lease sales associated with fossil-fuel development. Prior to the pandemic, disbursements were nearly $12 billion.

For instance, the landmark conservation bill that Congress passed last year, the Great American Outdoors Act, is funded entirely by federal energy revenues. The act created $900 million in mandatory spending each year for the Land and Water Conservation Fund, which supports federal land-acquisition and state-recreation programs and is funded by offshore oil and gas development.

A major challenge for Biden and other reformers is that so many federal and state programs rely on oil and gas money. The Cost of Biden’s Ban on Oil and Gas Leasing

According to recent data from the American Automobile Association (AAA), gasoline prices are up seven percent from a month ago and 62 percent compared to this time last year.
Energy demand will continue to rise – especially as the economy recovers – and we can choose to produce that energy here in the United States or rely on foreign countries hostile to American interests."

Cool. That's normally where you can be found, leaning over one

Cool. That's normally where you can be found, leaning over one

Nope, dope. Because you will always find failure in can't!

Forum List

Back