If a few cells on MARS would be considered “Life on MARS”, why isn’t a human zygote “Life”?

The zygote grew into YOU.

I started out as a sperm. Is every guy who masturbates committing mass murder?

You’re STILL continuing with that outrageously ignorant foolishness?

A fetus is radically different than a sperm or an egg. Do you not understand that? Did you not take biology? Once again, I’m truly amazed at the ignorance when it comes to this topic.

I'm sorry you were so badly failed by your 6th grade health class.

Not even close. It's such a stupid argument it's not worth my time. It's that stupid. It's the abortion argument of every teenage Leftist who has never given the argument one serious thought.

You give it one serious thought.

And then come back.

It is always hard to make sense of the Liberal's zeal to kill children.

By the way stupid immoral Moon Bats, by the time any woman discovers that she is pregnant the child has advanced beyond the zygote stage. By the time the child is murdered it is well along in human development.

To compare that child to poop is a moral morass I don't even want to wade into

Maranatha

Not even close. It's such a stupid argument it's not worth my time. It's that stupid. It's the abortion argument of every teenage Leftist who has never given the argument one serious thought.

And then come back.
Sadly that is now a college level argument.

If you're against abortion, it's simple, don't have one. See how choice works?

Exactly.

I said I am pro choice. The point is disingenuous to say it’s not life that is being killed from an abortion.

The pussyhat crowd wants to say it’s not life.

They use stupid terms like "potential" life.

You all are equivocating on different usages of the word life. We're discussing biological life - (life on mars, or living cells or bacteria). The question of abortion isn't whether a zygote is living tissue, of course it is. The question is whether it's a person with rights that the government should protect.

Like slaves weren't fully recognized "persons" either, amirite?

A baby in the womb is either a human being or not. It’s not a matter of personal taste or whatever we want it to be. From a scientific standpoint, there is absolutely no question that the baby in the womb is a human being.

Of course there's a "question". It's the same question we ask when someone is brain dead. We even call them "vegetables" to emphasize the point. The key being that a human being is more than a lump of living flesh. The thing that makes a human being is a mind. Without that, a human body isn't complete - not a human being. It's just a lump of cells.

So you're one trip and fall away from being a lump of human flesh, after which your family can pull the plug. There it is, then.

And then come back.
I’m starting to wonder about the people who put forth that embarrassingly ignorant reply. They are either very, very young, and do not have a grasp on basic biology… or, I don’t know... maybe they never learned biology and don’t care to, because it goes against their position on this topic. Either way, I’m embarrassed for them. Lol

Of course there's a "question". It's the same question we ask when someone is brain dead. We even call them "vegetables" to emphasize the point. The key being that a human being is more than a lump of living flesh. The thing that makes a human being is a mind. Without that, a human body isn't complete - not a human being. It's just a lump of cells.

No, from a scientific standpoint that is not what makes us human beings. That is simply your opinion, and it’s completely arbitrary. Genetically, in our DNA, we are human beings from the very beginning. Everything that makes us a unique, individual human being is there, in our DNA, it simply needs to grow and develop.

I guess you never trim your toenails, eh?

Are you really that ignorant? Do you really not understand the difference between a fetus and a skin cell?

Do you understand the difference between a zygote and a living person? I'm gonna guess not.

Yes I do. Both are human beings, simply in a different stage of life. A zygote is not supposed to be able to do algebra, or have the same abilities that we do. Just as a newborn is not supposed to be able to do the same things that you and I do. But that doesn’t make the zygote or the newborn any less human than you and I, because you can’t be more or less human, you are either a human being, or not.

Trying to explain biology to these stupid Moon Bats is as much a waste of time as to try to explain simple economics.

And then come back.
I’m starting to wonder about the people who put forth that embarrassingly ignorant reply. They are either very, very young, and do not have a grasp on basic biology… or, I don’t know... maybe they never learned biology and don’t care to, because it goes against their position on this topic. Either way, I’m embarrassed for them. Lol
Biology has sadly become a “political” issue.

It is not just about evolution or even ridiculous stuff like claiming 57 genders, it is the entire scientific field completely under attack.

Last edited:

And then come back.

It is not just about evolution or even ridiculous stuff like claiming 57 genders, it is the entire scientific field completely under attack.

Yeah, science has become politicized overall, for sure. However, human biology / embryology is already so well-established, so as far as I’ve seen, nobody is denying that a zygote/embryo/fetus is a member of the human species.

I think these guys are just really young and weren’t paying attention in Biology 101, ha ha.

And then come back.

Yeah, science has become politicized overall, for sure. However, human biology / embryology is already so well-established, so as far as I’ve seen, nobody is denying that a zygote /embryo/fetus is a member of the human species.

I think these guys are just really young and weren’t paying attention in Biology 101, ha ha.
I know they are older than I am.

And then come back.

Yeah, science has become politicized overall, for sure. However, human biology / embryology is already so well-established, so as far as I’ve seen, nobody is denying that a zygote /embryo/fetus is a member of the human species.

How old are you, if you don’t mind me asking?

And then come back.

How old are you, if you don’t mind me asking?

Exactly.

I said I am pro choice. The point is disingenuous to say it’s not life that is being killed from an abortion.

You all are equivocating on different usages of the word life. We're discussing biological life - (life on mars, or living cells or bacteria). The question of abortion isn't whether a zygote is living tissue, of course it is. The question is whether it's a person with rights that the government should protect.

Then stop calling it potential life, because it's not.

Exactly.

Then stop calling it potential life, because it's not.

I never called it that. Stop telling me to stop doing something I'm not doing.

No, from a scientific standpoint that is not what makes us human beings. That is simply your opinion, and it’s completely arbitrary. Genetically, in our DNA, we are human beings from the very beginning. Everything that makes us a unique, individual human being is there, in our DNA, it simply needs to grow and develop.

I guess you never trim your toenails, eh?

Are you really that ignorant? Do you really not understand the difference between a fetus and a skin cell?

Do you understand the difference between a zygote and a living person? I'm gonna guess not.

Yes I do. Both are human beings, simply in a different stage of life. A zygote is not supposed to be able to do algebra, or have the same abilities that we do. Just as a newborn is not supposed to be able to do the same things that you and I do. But that doesn’t make the zygote or the newborn any less human than you and I, because you can’t be more or less human, you are either a human being, or not.

Trying to explain biology to these stupid Moon Bats is as much a waste of time as to try to explain simple economics.

Tell me about it.

Forum List

Back