If Blacks started voting Republican, would the Dems finally focus on their actual problems?

There is a mind-set in poor neighborhoods with many students that schools, and education are a waste. No one in the neighborhood has a good job they are all
poor just like me. The mind-set of many students is not education, but when can I quit school.
At least that seemed to be the attitude at my high school Not one of my friends graduated and I left in the 11th. grade.
High school seems like a waste when there’s no chance you could ever afford college.

Pathetic bullshit.
I have two children attending renowned universities. None, I repeat NONE of their friends from poverty stricken homes are paying to attend. Your assertion it simply not true, it does nothing but provide yet another excuse to quit for quitters.
Well someone’s paying for it. Academic scholarship, athletic scholarship, what about kids that don’t receive those?? All rich kids can have college but just a few poor kids and then -geez all these poor people that can’t get a job with their hs diploma/GED. Why don’t they work somewhere better than Walmart? Gee I wonder.

There is a mind-set in poor neighborhoods with many students that schools, and education are a waste. No one in the neighborhood has a good job they are all
poor just like me. The mind-set of many students is not education, but when can I quit school.
At least that seemed to be the attitude at my high school Not one of my friends graduated and I left in the 11th. grade.
High school seems like a waste when there’s no chance you could ever afford college.

That is absolute bullshit.
The school had 75% drop out rate. you might try to find the name for the anti-school attitude.

It wouldn't be a waste if they taught things for non-college people. I believe that our public schools need to put more effort into teaching investments and costs related to having children; compound interest, real estate, stock market and commodities.
College isn’t right for everyone, another path is great. If college was more accessible and high school was career/even trade oriented everyone would be covered. I’m so sick of those standardized tests I think they’re ridiculous.

Trade school is available to anybody at a much reasonable cost than college. In fact, Republicans are supporting that now. In my field of work, we need over 30,000 drivers we can't find, and that depletion is expected to grow as we baby boomers retire. Now industry is bringing in foreigners to do these jobs because Americans won't do them. They have their Obama phone, their HUD house in the suburbs, their Obama care, and enough food stamps to make an elephant fatter. Why work???

The school had 75% drop out rate. you might try to find the name for the anti-school attitude.

And?

And?
Don't know much about schools and their problems, eh?

And?
Oh oh.

And?

More than you do, almost certainly.

And?

Ok --- that was disappointing. I had popcorn cooking, and everything!

And?

And?

The path of the righteous man is strewn with petals, not nails, brother.

don't have to grow up with ghetto mentality
Oppression Mentality - instilled in them from an early age by the Left.

"The central belief of every moron is that he is the victim of a mysterious conspiracy against his common rights and true deserts. He ascribes all his failure to get on in the world, all of his congenital incapacity and damfoolishness, to the machinations of werewolves assembled in Wall Street, or some other such den of infamy." ..H.L. Mencken Oppression Mentality

Just wondering what your opinions are on this hypothetical that wont happen.
Honestly, blacks need to get over the past and stop thinking every white is racist. We all wish we could say we had a black friend or friends. Our companies love finding a good black person to make a more diverse work environment. We are hiring and looking for good workers. Here's my point. Many of the current black population may not be what we are looking for. But this can be corrected in one or two generations. Let me explain. My grandfather came to America a foreigner. He could never get hired in white collar corporate America either. He didn't have the educations or skills either. But he moved here and washed dishes and eventually became a cook. His son my dad got a good job at ford and today my brother is a vp at a Fortune 500.

Black people can do the exact same thing. Blacks born today don't have to grow up with ghetto mentality
Then we have to stop supporting policies that keep them stuck in the ghettos. We need to slow mass incarceration, make higher education more accessible financially, raise the minimum wage. Personally, I think school- on all levels- use to prepare students for adulthood better. I think job trainings should be pushed; how to find a job to match your skill set, how to write a resume, how to conduct an interview, how to follow up with an employer etc.

Kids born in the ghetto need to know there’s a way out. Now a days it is so hard to overcome poverty, I think a lot of people just try and survive it. In my experience education and a secure job are the only way out. Unless you are an athlete/singer/have some special talent. Anyways, we can’t have higher education costing a small fortune and then being mad poor kids don’t go:2up:

I'm liberal but what a conservative would say or ask is, who's responsible for teaching these skills? It's the parents not the government.

Don't tell us tell ghetto parents

Just wondering what your opinions are on this hypothetical that wont happen.
Honestly, blacks need to get over the past and stop thinking every white is racist. We all wish we could say we had a black friend or friends. Our companies love finding a good black person to make a more diverse work environment. We are hiring and looking for good workers. Here's my point. Many of the current black population may not be what we are looking for. But this can be corrected in one or two generations. Let me explain. My grandfather came to America a foreigner. He could never get hired in white collar corporate America either. He didn't have the educations or skills either. But he moved here and washed dishes and eventually became a cook. His son my dad got a good job at ford and today my brother is a vp at a Fortune 500.

Black people can do the exact same thing. Blacks born today don't have to grow up with ghetto mentality

THIS is racism if anything is.
No it's not. What I'm saying is no matter how poor and stupid you are right now, your child isn't doomed to repeat your life. My point has nothing to do with race. But it doesn't surprise me you miss the point.

My father didn't finish highschool. My brother got his masters at msu and is a vp of a Fortune 500.

What I'm telling poor blacks they can do that too. In one generation, just like that.

Or more likely they'll raise someone like me. Someone who has a bachelor at emu and makes less than $100k but hey I do alright.

How is that racist to tell them they can do it too? Are you saying they face additional challenges? What are they?

don't have to grow up with ghetto mentality
Oppression Mentality - instilled in them from an early age by the Left.

"The central belief of every moron is that he is the victim of a mysterious conspiracy against his common rights and true deserts. He ascribes all his failure to get on in the world, all of his congenital incapacity and damfoolishness, to the machinations of werewolves assembled in Wall Street, or some other such den of infamy." ..H.L. Mencken Oppression Mentality
Vs the poor in the south who vote republican and are happy with poverty? How many of them are insured because of us but they vote for you?

I saw the liberal dream. My dad didn't graduate highschool yet has almost $1 mill net worth. He was paid well at ford. Up north Michigan was a dream till the rich started breaking unions under Reagan. Anyways, the American people don't deserve the liberal dream. So you'll get the GOP way. That never works out for the middle class.

Exactly, not that different.

What percentage of blacks live in the SOuth, were they votes would not effect the state going red, or in California or New York where they votes were not needed to turn the states blue?
Huge drop off from when Obama ran
Enough to tip the election to Trump. Especially in Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin

But I blame Hispanics more. Trump was openly hostile to them and still is. They should have gotten out 100 percent of the vote

They deserve what they got...so do women

Obama was a black candidate. THe First Black President. They were excited by the color of his skin.

Do you have a problem with that?

Hispanics? Their low turnout is interesting, as is Asians.

Trump hostile to them?

Hispanic Americans won't benefit from more Third World immigration in any way. They are Americans now, and problems that weaken America are bad for them too.
All contributed to Trumps slim margin of victory
I don't blame Trump
Trump made it clear how he felt about women, Hispanics, minorities, the poor and non Christians

If they failed to turn out to protect their interests ....they deserve what they got

1. Do you have a problem with blacks being excited about Obama's skin color?

2. Hispanic Americans do not have any self interest in additional Third World Immigration. It is completely reasonable for them to not be motivated to fight Trump.

Your perspectives of their interests may not be their perspective.
LOL

Ask the Dreamers

The Dreamers are by definition, illegal aliens, not Americans.

Thus, my point about HIspanic Americans not having any interest in additional Third World immigration designed to make America a shittier place and thus it is reasonable for them to not be motivated to fight Trump,

stands.

You should try to refute it again. Perhaps if you fail often enough, you will learn something from that.

And I asked a serious question. Do you have a problem with how excited blacks were about Obama's skin color?

Up north Michigan was a dream till the rich started breaking unions under Reagan.
The UAW reigned supreme in Michigan. They had / have most of the Democratic politicians in their pockets. Detroit was broken by their inability to compete with inexpensive foreign imports not by 'union busting' keep dreaming / spinning little fella

We can debate who's to blame historically but who's to blame for the guy who has a kid he can't afford with a girl he won't stay with.

We have to remember black people say most people in Detroit do alright. They are honest good intelligent people. And they defend these part time immature parents, rather than admit they are responsible. And they can get out. In fact that's my advice. We did. I lived in Detroit till I was 8. My dad got us the hell out

Forum List

Back