If Christians are allowed to discriminate against gays ...

Should gays be allowed to discriminate against Christians?

• Seems fair to me.

• No, only religious people should be protected.

Results are only viewable after voting.
A gay person has no control over which sexual orientation he or she will be. Ok?
My cousin is gay. I honestly believe he tried to be straight, because his family and everyone around him POUNDED it in his head that he had to be straight. He even dated girls, but the most common complain on breakup was that he lacked passion (wonder why?). That guy had NO CONTROL over his orientation. NONE.

Good thing he didn't just settle and marry some poor girl, only to completely ruin her life later when he discovered that he can't continue lying to himself.

Pedophiles say the exact same thing. "This is just the way I am, I can't change who I am attracted to" etc. etc. Now, to make this crystal clear, I am not equating the two. I'm just saying that merely claiming that one can't change their sexual orientation doesn't automatically make that orientation natural, or healthy.

We can't force them not to be bigots. But we can force them not to discriminate.
The consequence of that distinction is exactly the same.

It's forcing someone to serve another against their will, but only if they want to refuse service for some reason SOME PEOPLE find offensive and mean.

It's the same bullshit.

Example:
I can refuse service to someone because I don't like their ugly hair. But, if I refuse service because I don't like their sexual orientation, I must be punished.

What about discrimination against people with bad hair?

Some want to force others to be nice. That ALL this shit is about.
Some want to force others to serve them and do their bidding, including and especially when they are told to do something that they believe puts their soul in jeopardy.

THAT'S what this is about.
The bakers do not believe it would put their soul in jeopardy to bake a cake for a homo. That's total horseshit, and I have demonstrated the reasons why that is total horseshit several times in this topic.

Of course it's bullshit. A lot of them are clinging to that, because they don't understand the First Amendment. The irony is that, while it's not a freedom of religion issue, it is a freedom of speech issue. They're not stoically maintaining their faith - they're protesting gay marriage.

We can't force them not to be bigots. But we can force them not to discriminate.

It's forcing someone to serve another against their will, but only if they want to refuse service for some reason SOME PEOPLE find offensive and mean.

It's the same bullshit.

Example:
I can refuse service to someone because I don't like their ugly hair. But, if I refuse service because I don't like their sexual orientation, I must be punished.

Some want to force others to serve them and do their bidding, including and especially when they are told to do something that they believe puts their soul in jeopardy.

The bakers do not believe it would put their soul in jeopardy to bake a cake for a homo. That's total horseshit, and I have demonstrated the reasons why that is total horseshit several times in this topic.

Of course it's bullshit. A lot of them are clinging to that, because they don't understand the First Amendment. The irony is that, while it's not a freedom of religion issue, it is a freedom of speech issue. They're not stoically maintaining their faith - they're protesting gay marriage.

Who are you to tell them what they believe?

You don't dictate matters of conscience to people, you swine. We have the right to believe as we will..and you don't have a window into anybody's soul. You don't get to tell people "I don't think you really believe that..so you will either endorse faggotry, or we will slap you in jail."

This is why we hate the left, this is why we hate the fag lobby. You're nothing but nazi freaks..only not as smart or as well dressed.

It's the same bullshit.

Example:

Well, they're stupidity and intransigence is going to get the same result as happened 50 years ago.

If these hypocritical bakers stopped baking cakes for people who have divorced and are therefore adulterers, their business model would immediately implode. They'd be out of business.

So their arguments are horseshit. This is about hate. It has nothing to do with loving Jesus or the bible or the First Amendment.
Agreed.

But, we shouldn't use government force to stop hate or force labor/business contracts.

Public Accommodation laws are laws. Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc have to abide by them. We've been down this road before.

Newman v. Piggie Park Enterprises, Inc., 256 F. Supp. 941 (D.S.C. 1966)

Defendant Bessinger further contends that the Act violates his freedom of religion under the First Amendment "since his religious beliefs compel him to oppose any integration of the races whatever."[...]

Neither is the court impressed by defendant Bessinger's contention that the judicial enforcement of the public accommodations provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 upon which this suit is predicated violates the free exercise of his religious beliefs in contravention of the First Amendment to the Constitution. It is unquestioned that the First Amendment prohibits compulsion by law of any creed or the practice of any form of religion, but it also safeguards the free exercise of one's chosen religion. Engel v. Vitale, 370 U.S. 421, 82 S. Ct. 1261, 8 L. Ed. 2d 601 (1962). The free exercise of one's beliefs, however, as distinguished from the absolute right to a belief, is subject to regulation when religious acts require accommodation to society. United States v. Ballard, 322 U.S. 78, 64 S. Ct. 882, 88 L. Ed. 1148 (1944) (Mails to defraud); Reynolds v. United States, 98 U.S. 145, 25 L. Ed. 244 (1878) (polygamy conviction); Prince v. Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 321 U.S. 158, 64 S. Ct. 438, 88 L. Ed. 645 (1943) (minor in company of ward distributing religious literature in violation of statute). Undoubtedly defendant Bessinger has a constitutional right to espouse the religious beliefs of his own choosing, however, he does not have the absolute right to exercise and practice such beliefs in utter disregard of the clear constitutional rights of other citizens. This court refuses to lend credence or support to his position that he has a constitutional right to refuse to serve members of the Negro race in his business establishments upon the ground that to do so would violate his sacred religious beliefs.

Bastardizing religion will often lead to these decisions. I object to the use of religion, when it's use is stupidly applied as well.

Sorry, but those were their sincerely held religious beliefs. They believed the Bible instructed them not to serve blacks just as deeply as today’s bigots believe it does for gays. (But not formerly divorced couples)

And in that case the courts saw through that charade.

And they may well see through the anti gay bigots charade as well. The recent SCOTUS case didn’t test it.

We will have to see. However, in the racial case, I'm not sure that it would be that hard to, through discovery and investigation, to simply determine that his bias was simply based on something other than religious belief.

Why? Racist bigots have the same bible behind them? We already know about the hypocrisy of so called Christian bakers.
https://www.advocate.com/latest-ne...an-cloning-and-divorce-cakes-not-gay-weddings

It's the same bullshit.

Example:

Well, the ugly hair people can always band together and demand their rights, too.

Donald Trump can be their leader.

It's not a joke. It's pointing out how inconsistent and silly your conception of 'equality' is. If these laws are really about ensuring everyone be treated equally, why do we need protect classes? Why not just write a law that says businesses must treat everyone equally?

Privileges are bestowed by government. Rights exist solely by nature of the individual's existence (God given for the religious).

Privileges require application and permission. Rights already exist.
marriage to government is about property.

It's a bit more than that.

1. It also gives rights to access in cases of Hospitalization
2. It gives one partner the right to make medical decisions should the other partner be unable to decide on their own

and for some reason

3. Restricts closely related individual from entering the contract. However, it is not clear how this would apply, or if it is even enforceable with same sex couples.
well your option 1 and 2 can be easily resolved using the court to give permission in a contract to include someone in your health choices.

Separate but equal was ruled unconstitutional. Civil marriage vs civil unions was separate and unequal.

https://family.findlaw.com/domestic-partnerships/civil-unions-v-marriage.html
well they aren't equal. why would they be? you're attempting to tell everyone that a circle and a square are equal. they aren't bubba.

Your personal opinion means nothing. Legally they are the same.

DEe7_ISXVYAAf_Hv_U.jpg
View attachment 198631

Gotta be fair.

But God forbid you make sense.

You didn’t answer the question. Did you only marry in a church or did you get the state issued marriage license? Gays had been marrying for decades without the goodies you straight folks got.

What in the holy fuck are you babbling about, or trying to get at? "Only marry in a church"? What the hell does that mean, or have to do with anything?

And the only "goody" heterosexuals have that homosexuals don't is the general opinion that our relationships are normal. Personally, I don't give a shit.

The goodies are what you straight people decided went along with civil marriage. Hundreds of rights, benefits and privileges that are associated with civil marriage and gays have equal access to them, so you're right, we get the goodies too. Oh, and the general opinion nowadays is that our relationships are normal. Welcome to the 21st Century.

fkc_50bke0cqrqq9tegkcw.png
along with the goodies was the loss of rights. you should at least know the whole position if you wish to discuss. It was posted in this thread already. personal individuality is lost.

I haven’t lost any rights by legally marrying my wife. I gained many. Thank you Windsor and Obergefell.
well try to purchase a home with her not getting any of the say in it. any property you purchase while married is automatically 50% hers. Same with any money made, earned and or saved.

That’s not a right. I’ve not given up any rights and, in fact gained the right to marry.

marriage to government is about property.

2. It gives one partner the right to make medical decisions should the other partner be unable to decide on their own

and for some reason

3. Restricts closely related individual from entering the contract. However, it is not clear how this would apply, or if it is even enforceable with same sex couples.
well your option 1 and 2 can be easily resolved using the court to give permission in a contract to include someone in your health choices.

Separate but equal was ruled unconstitutional. Civil marriage vs civil unions was separate and unequal.

well they aren't equal. why would they be? you're attempting to tell everyone that a circle and a square are equal. they aren't bubba.

no it isn't. sorry bubba. that's just your opinion. I don't share it.

What in the holy fuck are you babbling about, or trying to get at? "Only marry in a church"? What the hell does that mean, or have to do with anything?

And the only "goody" heterosexuals have that homosexuals don't is the general opinion that our relationships are normal. Personally, I don't give a shit.

The goodies are what you straight people decided went along with civil marriage. Hundreds of rights, benefits and privileges that are associated with civil marriage and gays have equal access to them, so you're right, we get the goodies too. Oh, and the general opinion nowadays is that our relationships are normal. Welcome to the 21st Century.

along with the goodies was the loss of rights. you should at least know the whole position if you wish to discuss. It was posted in this thread already. personal individuality is lost.

I haven’t lost any rights by legally marrying my wife. I gained many. Thank you Windsor and Obergefell.
well try to purchase a home with her not getting any of the say in it. any property you purchase while married is automatically 50% hers. Same with any money made, earned and or saved.

That’s not a right. I’ve not given up any rights and, in fact gained the right to marry.
sure it is to spend your money. sure it is. just like getting rid of anything she may have purchased. property in marriage is equal. you lose your right to do what you would want to do with property no matter how you feel.

I'll tell you who has no control. Guys like Donald Trump who can't stop committing adultery. Yet I don't hear any of these alleged biblically compliant bigots complaining about it. Ever.
Oh, but, see. It was hetero adultery, so it's forgivable. Homo sex? Jesus is not powerful enough to overcome such an egregious abomination.
:lol:

Jesus is weak.
:lol:

That's why I am not Christian. Complete and total hypocrisy.

You are misunderstanding. From a Christian perspective, all sins are forgivable. But when you're forgiven of something, you're supposed to understand in the first place that it was a sin, and choose to turn away from that and take a new path. So, there is an important difference between someone who commits adultery, then feels sorrow and remorse for it, seeks forgiveness, and does not return it to that… And on the other hand, someone who is gay who not only continues with that life style but takes pride in it and celebrates it. There is no hypocrisy, from a Christian perspective both people can be forgiven, but as I said, you can't be forgiven if you don't seek forgiveness in the first place.

Well, the ugly hair people can always band together and demand their rights, too.

Donald Trump can be their leader.
But, it's not a right. No one has the right to the services of another.

Otherwise, The Don should team up with Rumor Willis and start demanding more government force.
I had to google Rumor Willis.

I found a Rumer Willis and I still don't get the reference.

Anyway, I am not happy about the government telling businesses who they must serve. However, the sense of fairness and rightness in me can't help but be sympathetic to the gay customers.

Both ends of this particular stick are shitty.

Otherwise, The Don should team up with Rumor Willis and start demanding more government force.
I had to google Rumor Willis.

I found a Rumer Willis and I still don't get the reference.

I got nuthin'. :dunno:

Anyway, I am not happy about the government telling businesses who they must serve. However, the sense of fairness and rightness in me can't help but be sympathetic to the gay customers.

Likewise. As much as it might sound like "some of my best friends are ...", I honestly do have two close friends, who I dearly love, who are gay. They're married. I was in their wedding, not just 'at'. And the thought of them being humiliated in public by a bigot makes me furious.

I still stand with Dr. Thomas Sowell on this subject, and say that marriage is not some goody box of gifts and bennies from the government, and anyone who thinks it is either is terminally stupid, or is REALLY not doing marriage correctly.
So you only got married in a church? You don't file joint taxes or get those insurance discounts? Not going to take his SS if he goes first?

Like I said, if you really think, "Gosh, married people have so many advantages over single people 'cause of joint income tax filing and Social Security survivor benefits", you're a moron, and/or you are seriously ignorant about what marriage ACTUALLY is and what it's for. I've been saying this pretty much from the beginning of homosexuals saying, "We have to have legal marital sanction so that we're getting in on the goodies!"

Dr. Sowell wrote this back in 2005, but leaving aside the dated current event references, the underlying principles are still correct:

Gay Marriage 'Rights' Are Nonsensical | Human Events

Marriage is not a right extended to individuals by the government. It is a restriction on the rights they already have.

People who are simply living together can make whatever arrangements they want, whether they are heterosexual or homosexual. They can divide up their worldly belongings 50-50 or 90-10 or whatever other way they want. They can make their union temporary or permanent or subject to cancellation at any time.

Marriage is a restriction. If my wife buys an automobile with her own money, under California marriage laws I automatically own half of it, whether or not my name is on the title. Whether that law is good, bad, or indifferent, it is a limitation of our freedom to arrange such things as we ourselves might choose. This is just one of many decisions that marriage laws take out of our hands.

He wrote this in 2006:

Thomas Sowell - Gay "marriage"

Why is marriage considered to be any of the law's business in the first place? Because the state asserts an interest in the outcomes of certain unions, separate from and independent of the interests of the parties themselves.

In the absence of the institution of marriage, the individuals could arrange their relationship whatever way they wanted to, making it temporary or permanent, and sharing their worldly belongings in whatever way they chose.

Marriage means that the government steps in, limiting or even prescribing various aspects of their relations with each other -- and still more their relationship with whatever children may result from their union.

In other words, marriage imposes legal restrictions, taking away rights that individuals might otherwise have. Yet "gay marriage" advocates depict marriage as an expansion of rights to which they are entitled.

This is the standpoint with which I was agreeing earlier: from a legal standpoint, marriage is not an expansion of rights, a smorgasbord of extra goodies to which only married people are entitled; it is a restriction, legally speaking, and all those "benefits" people keep yammering on about are really just a legal recognition of that.

You didn’t answer the question. Did you only marry in a church or did you get the state issued marriage license? Gays had been marrying for decades without the goodies you straight folks got.

No, honey, they aren't "goodies", nor are they prizes for you to claim as proof that you have rewritten millennia of human society and experience according to your vastly-superior-to-everyone-else-who-ever-existed wisdom. You seriously need to stop being so self-absorbed and realize that humanity existed for millennia before you did, and consider the possibility that just MAYBE society has other motivations besides rewarding or punishing you based on where you bestow the "privilege" of your sexual favors. :puke: If I wasn't already pitying that person, I would do so on the basis of you thinking the major operative purpose of "marriage" is joint tax filing.

Oh, FYI, I have never in my life had to wave around a public opinion poll to "prove" that my marriage is a good thing. That is quite possibly the saddest thing I have seen all week.

and for some reason

no it isn't. sorry bubba. that's just your opinion. I don't share it.

In your bigoted opinion they aren’t the same. Legally they are whether you believe it or not.

Pedophiles say the exact same thing. "This is just the way I am, I can't change who I am attracted to" etc. etc. Now, to make this crystal clear, I am not equating the two. I'm just saying that merely claiming that one can't change their sexual orientation doesn't automatically make that orientation natural, or healthy.
Who cares if it's unnatural or unhealthy? That desire still not a choice.

The desire to be a pedophile is not a choice either.

If that's true, the your desire to fuck women is a choice. You could decide right now that you want a huge, throbbing dong to slam your guts. Is that what you are telling me?

Forum List

Back