If Congress votes No on Syria and Obama orders bombings anyway, Consitutional Crisis?

If Obama bombs after Congress says NO, Constitutional Crisis to follow?

• Yes, the Constitution hasn't changed.

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • No, Obama, "The Constitutional Professor" was wrong when he said that

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • No, The Democrats will never say Obama violated the Constitution. So no Crisis to follow.

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
Just apply the conservative view of Reagan's 1986 bombing of Libya, unauthorized,

and then turn it upside down, because a Democrat is president,

and there you have the conservative opinion of an Obama bombing of Syria without authorization from Congress.

Libya was behind an attack on the US, and he retaliated.

Syria attacked the US when ...

That's the cue for your answer, BTW.

Look, make no mistake about it, there is a reason turned 180 degrees and became a pussy yesterday after having never relied on congress for ANY approval and making himself look like a complete incompetent fool.

Barry is a little conniver. He's like that scene in "Animal House" where Dean Wormer said "Put Neidemayer on it - he's a sneaky little shit" - That "sneaky little shit" is Barry.

I have no doubt whatsoever that all he is concerned about is his legacy and the way HE is perceived. If he can throw this off on congress - he will. In a heartbeat. Congress has what? a 9% approval rating? Looks like scapegoat city to me.

Neidemayer - the new Obama:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tfK_3XK4CI]Animal House (1/10) Movie CLIP - Double Secret Probation (1978) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Crisis?

Much consternation, loud noises, and consternation, but little effective action.
A chit will be set aside so that in some future date some GOPer will be able to lay it down over some act he thinks up.

#41- Assad has been on the terrorist list since he got in, and his father before that. Read something. Ignorance is not your friend.

Last edited:
#41- Assad has been on the terrorist list since he got in, and his father before that. Read something. Ignorance is not your friend.

I asked when he attacked the US. That he attacked someone doesn't make it our problem. I know ignorance isn't my friend, it's yours.

Little Barry Sambo iis no more than a whiny assed man child.

TY, racist idiot, for disgusting 70-80% of the country. You da man!! LOL:cuckoo:

Barry is doing that for you, he is a piece of shit, not black, not white...stuck somewhere in between....trying to see which color will get him the best numbers.

Keep swallowing his cock.

I asked when he attacked the US. That he attacked someone doesn't make it our problem. I know ignorance isn't my friend, it's yours.

Doesn't really matter, because this is about flouting the world community, the USA, and the Geneva Convention.

But: (Wiki) How ignorant are you?

The United States, European Union, the March 14 Alliance, Israel, and France accuse Assad of providing practical support to militant groups active against Israel and against opposition political groups. The latter category would include most political parties other than Hezbollah, Hamas, and Islamic Jihad.[42] According to the Middle East Media Research Institute, Assad claimed the United States could benefit from the Syrian experience in fighting organizations like the Muslim Brotherhood at the Hama Massacre.[43]

Assad opposed the 2003 invasion of Iraq despite a long-standing animosity between the Syrian and Iraqi governments. Assad used Syria's seat in one of rotating positions on the United Nations Security Council to try to prevent the invasion of Iraq.[44] Following the Iraq invasion by US and allied forces, Assad was accused of supporting the Shia insurgency in Iraq. A US general accused him of providing funding, logistics, and training to Iraqi and foreign Shia fundamentalists to launch attacks against U.S. and allied forces occupying Iraq.[45]

The accusation of Syrian involvement in the February 2005 assassination of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri and support for anti-Israeli groups precipitated a crisis in relations with the United States.[citation needed] Assad was criticised for Syria's presence in Lebanon which ended in 2005, and the U.S. placed sanctions upon Syria partly because of this.[citation needed] At Pope John Paul II's funeral in 2005, Assad shook hands with the Israeli president Moshe Katsav.[citation needed]

In the Arab world, Assad mended relations with the Palestine Liberation Organization but relations with many Arab states, in particular Saudi Arabia, have been deteriorating.[citation needed] This is in part due to Assad's continued intervention in Lebanon and his alliance with Iran. Around the time of the 2008 South Ossetia war, Assad made an official visit to Russia. In an interview with the Russian TV channel Vesti, he asserted that one cannot separate the events in the Caucasus from the US presence in Iraq, which he condemned as a direct threat to [Syria's] security."[citation needed]

After the 2005 assassination of Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri, many media outlets accused Syria of being involved[citation needed] as Hariri was anti-Syrian. However, Assad argued that Syria's gradual withdrawal of troops from Lebanon, beginning in 2000, was precipitated as a result of the event and ended in May 2005.[46]

So he screws with everybody we like, AND our troops. But now I guess you're functionally KGB lol...

Indiscriminate bombing a country that has not attacked us, poses no threat to us and does not have any international authority is an act of war that would entitle the country attacked and its allies to retaliate with any level of force it deems necessary.

If Congress votes No on Syria and Obama orders bombings anyway, Consitutional Crisis?

No.

The president is still authorized to initiate military action per the WPA.

Those who disagree with this should direct their anger at Congress, who foolishly abdicated their authority to declare war.

Attacking Syria is not covered under the WPA. Read the damned thing.

If the Congress votes NO on intervention of any kind in Syria, yet Obama orders the military to act any way, has Obama viollated the Constitution, especially since Obama said

“The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation,”

When he was a Senator and there was a question as to President Bush ordering the bombing of Iran?

for Christs sake, LIBYA, hello....:rolleyes: we already know hes a hypocrite.

Forum List

Back