If Congress votes No on Syria and Obama orders bombings anyway, Consitutional Crisis?

If Obama bombs after Congress says NO, Constitutional Crisis to follow?

• Yes, the Constitution hasn't changed.

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • No, Obama, "The Constitutional Professor" was wrong when he said that

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • No, The Democrats will never say Obama violated the Constitution. So no Crisis to follow.

Votes: 13 48.1%

• Total voters
Lobbing missiles from aircraft carriers is not a deceleration of war, and requires no congressional action or approval.

Exactly.

That's what I read here

books

The Ministry of Truth, Ministry of Peace and Ministry of Love all agree with this interpretation.

The doublethink initiative could not possibly be more successful.

One country bombing another country is of course not an act of war.

It is an act of peace...and a humanitarian mission as well.

Lobbing missiles from aircraft carriers is not a deceleration of war, and requires no congressional action or approval.

Exactly.

That's what I read here

books

The Ministry of Truth, Ministry of Peace and Ministry of Love all agree with this interpretation.

The doublethink initiative could not possibly be more successful.

One country bombing another country is of course not an act of war.

It is an act of peace...and a humanitarian mission as well.

And worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize.

So what happened to all the hoopla Republicans were demanding not too long ago that Obama must take some action in Syria? Is that when they were for something before they were against it? Seems like it.

Either you want him to take action or you don't - but quit flip-flopping, already.

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—A growing chorus of Republican lawmakers are demanding that President Obama take some action in Syria so that they can attack whatever action he took in Syria.

Appearing on CBS’s “Face the Nation” on Sunday, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) laid out the situation in stark terms: “The time for President Obama to do something in Syria that we can eviscerate him for is long overdue.”

Arguing that there are a variety of options available to Mr. Obama for dealing with Syria, Sen. Graham said, “The President needs to choose one of those options so that we can immediately identify it as a catastrophic choice and demand that he be impeached.”

Republicans: Obama Must Take Action in Syria So We Can Criticize Action He Took in Syria : The New Yorker

Hmmmm Using a satire article as a basis for your position?

Interesting..

Do you relay on Jon Stewart and Colbert also?

How about "The Onion"?

I thought it got the point across, as well as the intent from the right, in a jovial manner. But, please don't tell me that you were not aware of the GOP pushing Obama to do something since way back, because I would have a hard time believing that.

You want more serious sources?

Senators John McCain, Joe Lieberman, and Lindsey Graham issued a joint statement today urging the Obama administration to act on Syria. “f requested by the Syrian National Council and the Free Syrian Army, the United States should help organize an international effort to protect civilian population centers in Syria through airstrikes on Assad’s forces," they write. "To be clear: This will first require the United States and our partners to suppress the Syrian regime’s air defenses in at least part of the country."
Senators Urge Obama to Strike Assad's Forces | The Weekly Standard

House Speaker John Boehner’s office got advanced warning Thursday of the announcement from the White House, but his office didn’t pass judgement on his strategy. It only said it’s “long past time to bring the Assad regime’s bloodshed in Syria to an end.”
GOP to Obama on Syria: Where you been? - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

Your attempt to deflect by making it seem like I was fabricating BS is even more interesting.

If I remember my history correctly Clinton put bombing Kosovo to Congress and got agreement from the Senate, but not the House. He bombed them anyway.

Next question...

President Obama opened his mouth and drew a line in the sand...

Now they have crossed it and slapped him in the face....

He now has no Idea what to do so he will lay it on congress and hope to blame the Republicans for anything that goes wrong....

Weren't they the ones that were pleading Obama to do something? Are they flip-flopping now?

Oh, we get it, as soon as Obama is for something, it's time for the GOP to be against it.

Gotcha!

So what happened to all the hoopla Republicans were demanding not too long ago that Obama must take some action in Syria? Is that when they were for something before they were against it? Seems like it.

Either you want him to take action or you don't - but quit flip-flopping, already.

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—A growing chorus of Republican lawmakers are demanding that President Obama take some action in Syria so that they can attack whatever action he took in Syria.

Appearing on CBS’s “Face the Nation” on Sunday, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) laid out the situation in stark terms: “The time for President Obama to do something in Syria that we can eviscerate him for is long overdue.”

Arguing that there are a variety of options available to Mr. Obama for dealing with Syria, Sen. Graham said, “The President needs to choose one of those options so that we can immediately identify it as a catastrophic choice and demand that he be impeached.”

Republicans: Obama Must Take Action in Syria So We Can Criticize Action He Took in Syria : The New Yorker

Hmmmm Using a satire article as a basis for your position?

Interesting..

Do you relay on Jon Stewart and Colbert also?

How about "The Onion"?

I thought it got the point across, as well as the intent from the right, in a jovial manner. But, please don't tell me that you were not aware of the GOP pushing Obama to do something since way back, because I would have a hard time believing that.

You want more serious sources?

Senators John McCain, Joe Lieberman, and Lindsey Graham issued a joint statement today urging the Obama administration to act on Syria. “f requested by the Syrian National Council and the Free Syrian Army, the United States should help organize an international effort to protect civilian population centers in Syria through airstrikes on Assad’s forces," they write. "To be clear: This will first require the United States and our partners to suppress the Syrian regime’s air defenses in at least part of the country."

House Speaker John Boehner’s office got advanced warning Thursday of the announcement from the White House, but his office didn’t pass judgement on his strategy. It only said it’s “long past time to bring the Assad regime’s bloodshed in Syria to an end.”
GOP to Obama on Syria: Where you been? - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

Your attempt to deflect by making it seem like I was fabricating BS is even more interesting.

You're claiming Lieberman is a right winger ?

President Obama opened his mouth and drew a line in the sand...

Now they have crossed it and slapped him in the face....

He now has no Idea what to do so he will lay it on congress and hope to blame the Republicans for anything that goes wrong....

Weren't they the ones that were pleading Obama to do something? Are they flip-flopping now?

Oh, we get it, as soon as Obama is for something, it's time for the GOP to be against it.

Gotcha!

Senators with alzheimer's don't count.

Thousands of people have already died in Syria. Apparently, this never had anything meaning until everyone discovers that chemical weapon was going to be used.

That begs the question....

Where did the Chemical Weapons come from?

Perhaps Saddam's stash?

Probably Russia. Syria was a Soviet client state for decades. Either way, why should we care? They weren't used against us or our allies.

Just apply the conservative view of Reagan's 1986 bombing of Libya, unauthorized,

and then turn it upside down, because a Democrat is president,

and there you have the conservative opinion of an Obama bombing of Syria without authorization from Congress.

Libya was behind an attack on the US, and he retaliated.

Syria attacked the US when ...

That's the cue for your answer, BTW.

Really? lol

Just apply the conservative view of Reagan's 1986 bombing of Libya, unauthorized,

and there you have the conservative opinion of an Obama bombing of Syria without authorization from Congress.

he didn't need authorization just as obama didn't in libya...

Libya was behind an attack on the US, and he retaliated.

Syria attacked the US when ...

That's the cue for your answer, BTW.

Really? lol

yes they were berlin disco, hello.....

So, would you be perfectly happy with some country lobbing a few bombs in the middle of your town? With impunity and no accountability?

Its been our policy since 1945....we haven't declared war on anyone and we have bombed . probably hundreds of cities...can't change the rules because you dont like the players.

John Kerry was on Fox News Sunday today.

I Googled "Fox News Sunday" and "John Kerry" with a custom range of Saturday 8/31/13 back to 8/31/08, and I couldn't find a single appearance. :shocked:

So why would Kerry grace Fox News with an interview?

The Obama Administration is courting US!

They want you to call your congressmen and senators and tell them "Vote for war."

I say no way, call your congressmen and senators and tell them "We've learned from past mistakes...look what happened last time we tried to clean up a WMD problem. We need to avoid intervention in any conflicts that don't DIRECTLY jeopardize the safety and security of the United States and it's interests. Period."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back