If Dan Rather, why not Trump?

RealDave

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2016
Dan Rather was an anchor at a major network. He rushed a story on George W Bush being AWOL from the Guard based on a letter received that was not true. The networked fired him.

I guess because the news anchor needs to be honest & trustworthy. The public last that & Rather was fired.

I guess we do not expect or demand that our President be truthful, honest & trustworthy because Trump has told far more lies, bigger lies, & does it every day.

Brian Williams lost his job for embellishing things that happened to him.

Trump still has his job/ Hell, morons hired him after he claimed Cruz's father helped kill Kennedy.

In less that two weeks, we need to vote out the chickenshit Republicans in Congrsss who sit idlly bay & let Trump lie & slander & rile up his base to violence.

We have a device for this. It is called impeachment. IOt is called checks & balances.

Vote for candidates that are willing to stand up for proper behavior from a President of the United States.

Certainly,we should expect as much truth & honesty from a Present as a news anchor.

Dan Rather was an anchor at a major network. He rushed a story on George W Bush being AWOL from the Guard based on a letter received that was not true. The networked fired him.

I guess because the news anchor needs to be honest & trustworthy. The public last that & Rather was fired.

I guess we do not expect or demand that our President be truthful, honest & trustworthy because Trump has told far more lies, bigger lies, & does it every day.

Trump still has his job/ Hell, morons hired him after he claimed Cruz's father helped kill Kennedy.

In less that two weeks, we need to vote out the chickenshit Republicans in Congrsss who sit idlly bay & let Trump lie & slander & rile up his base to violence.

We have a device for this. It is called impeachment. IOt is called checks & balances.

Vote for candidates that are willing to stand up for proper behavior from a President of the United States.

Certainly,we should expect as much truth & honesty from a Present as a news anchor.
Go for it, asshole.

This is not new:

"Read my lips. No new taxes."

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinski."

"If you like your plan, you can keep it."

Go for it, asshole.

I am a Republican & will vote for zero Republicans.

"If you like your plan..." cost the democrat Party over 1,000 seats

Elections have consequences

This is not new:

HW Bush meant it when he said it but when we needed a tax hike, he did was was right by breaking a promise for rhe good of he country.

Bill Clinton did not have sex with Monica,

There was a clause in the ACA that said any plan in existence when the bill passed could remain in effect. So if you lost your plan., blame the insurance companies.

Trump lies every day. Not even a comparision to what you stated.

You can hype that all you want. Those who did not like the ACA were Republicans anyhow.

Of course, you ignore the grandfather cause in the ACA that said you could keep it if the insurance companies wanted to offer it.

Republicans had plenty of opportunity to do something about healthcare between 1995 & 2007. They did nothing & now they bitch because Democrats did. SWrll boo hoo crybabies. Trump said he would end it but it is still here.

Go for it, asshole.

Then you are not a republican

You can hype that all you want. Those who did not like the ACA were Republicans anyhow.

Of course, you ignore the grandfather cause in the ACA that said you could keep it if the insurance companies wanted to offer it.

Republicans had plenty of opportunity to do something about healthcare between 1995 & 2007. They did nothing & now they bitch because Democrats did. SWrll boo hoo crybabies. Trump said he would end it but it is still here.
Obama told us to win some elections- so we did

Yes we can!

People might take your pleas for honesty more sincerely if you hadn’t just tried To elect Hillary, one of the biggest liars in modern politics, as President.

Americans were given the choice between two liars for President. The nation chose the one who wouldn’t destroy us

O was voted in twice and he lied continuously. You were down. Now you shriek like a petulant kid. Lol.

Go for it, asshole.

I’m British Royalty

See, I can make things up too

This is not new:

HW Bush meant it when he said it but when we needed a tax hike, he did was was right by breaking a promise for rhe good of he country.

Bill Clinton did not have sex with Monica,

There was a clause in the ACA that said any plan in existence when the bill passed could remain in effect. So if you lost your plan., blame the insurance companies.

Trump lies every day. Not even a comparision to what you stated.

Taxes did not need to be raised.

Bill did have sexual relations with that woman. Not to mention countless other lies.

Obama lies. Period

Go for it, asshole.

Then you are not a republican

You expect him to be honest? What do you think this is? A thread about honesty?

One could write a book.

The Left has re-defined "lie" to mean, "anything the Lefties are uncomfortable with."

There is a cottage industry of "journalists" compiling lists of Trump's "lies" and distortions, as though each one of them was an impeachable offense. And in discussion, they want to provide copies of these lists, rather than looking at each one closely to see exactly what was said, its intention and its impact.

Trump tends to exaggerate and to see reality in the light most favorable to him and his administration. While it gets Leftists excited it is all harmless fluff. Who cares if the number of people who witnessed his inauguration was the most in recorded history or just a lot of happy people? What difference does it make? None.

But many of the lies of the Left are insidious - seemingly harmless but actually harmful. Slanderous, misleading, and factually deceptive. They LIE about climate change; they LIE about candidates and nominees they don't like and their records; they lie about healthcare and Republican positions; they lie about immigration and conflate legal immigration with the invasion of hordes from the South; they lie about Obama's record and "legacy." And on and on.

When Obama assured Americans that after ACA they would be able to "keep their doctors" and "keep their insurance plans" he knew when he spoke those words that they were false, and he used those lies to sell a program that was designed to fail - and induce people to back Single Payer.

Now that's a lie we can talk about. Don't bother me with Trump's "lies" about his golf score.

I think there's a disconnect at another level. Truth and honesty are incompatible with the Trump agenda.

To bring back coal, you need to lie about the environmental benefits of coal.
To deregulate markets, you need to hide the fact that regulations are there to protect markets.
To destroy the ACA you have to lie about its benefits.
To get out of the Paris accord you have to create a Chinese conspiracy.
.... etc ... etc...

That form of insanity is driven by a putrid pot of crap that boiled over the rim. A Halloween mixture made up of racist white supremacists (nationalists), hypocritical sexist homophobic evangelicals, disenfranchised former manufacturing/rust belt workers, farmers.... and quite a few victims of robotic plants. Not to mention corrupted lobbies (NRA...).

With their help, there's an orange coal-loving populist slime ball in the oval office in dire need of a potent correction.

Mueller's got one single shot at this and he knows it (basically why the investigation is taking so long).

Go for it, asshole.

I'm an Independent. I've already voted.

I voted straight blue this time.

The republicans have sent me and millions of Independents running from the republicans in horror.

Rather: The father of fake news.

Go for it, asshole.

You're about as Republican as Pol Pot.

Go for it, asshole.

I'm an Independent. I've already voted.

I voted straight blue this time.

The republicans have sent me and millions of Independents running from the republicans in horror.
You have never voted Republican in your entire life.

Forum List

Back