🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If God is all powerful...

Hey dude, if you don't have the sense to agree that a talking serpent in what you deride as a fairy tale represents a specific human archetype described in great detail you are just an idiot.

Thats not a fake deferral, thats the way the cookie crumbles.

and yes,

I have spoken.

yes you have-------not all that impressed. I do not see the serpent as a human archetype

Sheesh.

I guess not many people were paying attention in kindergarten.

my kindergarten teacher told us to leave our paper easter baskets on the
table-------so the easter bunny could get to them.

Thats too bad Rosie. There really is no substitute for a good education. You have my condolences. Its a very sad story.

Its a damn shame that you never got over it.

you are right------I never got over it-------I felt alienated from by school mates
at age five

I do understand Rosie, but you should probably let go of the hostility against your classmates that you have nurtured for decades. After all, at the time they were being victimized by ghouls who taught them that "the Jews" were responsible for killing Jesus.

The story wasn't written by a scientist numbskull. If it was an allegorical account it isn't science or history.

The "dust of the earth" from which Adam was taken and formed into a living being by God translates more accurately into what we would think of as the "scum of the earth".

You are speaking nonsense. The beginning of the universe has nothing whatever to do with the story..
The first five books were written by Moses, an adopted son of the king of Egypt (1400 B.C.). These five books focus on the beginning of the nation of Israel; but the first 11 chapters of the Bible records the history that all nations have in common.

Genesis 1 describes the beginning of creation in an allegorical fashion and is remarkably accurate. The universe did have a beginning and evolved in stages until beings that know and create arose.

We can use science today to confirm what ancient man knew 6000 years ago.

No. You are out of your mind.

The story is an allegorical account of the creation of heaven and earth when God spoke light into existence, light a known metaphor for the law which teaches people to differentiate clean from unclean, good from evil, light from darkness, heaven from hell, life from death.
No. It tells how creation was created in steps up to beings that know and create. It even starts with, "In the beginning."

Ancient man understood that man was different and that like our creator, we were different because we were conscious beings.
"In the beginning" amounts to "Once upon a time".

When the big bad talking serpent was introduced didn't you even have an inkling about what type of story you were reading?

It took me about a half a second to know what type of story it was when I was in the second grade.
No. They understood that Creation had a beginning. They may not have know about the concept of the universe or how space and time evolved, but they did correctly state that there was a beginning and that it evolved in stages. Something in which science has confirmed.

The first 11 chapters of the Bible are about the history of the world and starts with the creation of the universe.

You don't give ancient man enough credit.

You said yourself that the first five books were attributed to Moses who just led his people out of Egypt. Do you think that the talking serpent wasn't an allegorical account of the dispute between Moses and the pharaoh who happened to wear a serpent on his headdress used to teach their children about the dangers of losing your mind for life if taken in by someone who practiced sorcery, or in other words, mind control?

Do you think that the firmament of heaven being established isn't a metaphor for the law being established as the basis for the kingdom of Heaven, a sphere of higher intelligences, that has nothing to do with the big bang?

Do you really think that light being spoken into existence is about something other than the law being spoken into existence, its revealed purpose as "a light to the nations"?

But if god is all powerful, couldn't it defeat satan?

If mental masturbation were useful, then wouldn't this thread have some value?
Is that a yes or a no?

Isn't your god Karl Marx?
No, and thanks for asking.

Naturally you think "religion is the opiate of the masses."

But you have absolute faith in AGW Gaia worship....

I can't say that there is a god, or not. I've seen no evidence to support the idea that there is a god, I've seen no evidence to preclude the idea there is a god.

If there is a god, he ain't this Gaia shit you Communists worship.

The first five books were written by Moses, an adopted son of the king of Egypt (1400 B.C.). These five books focus on the beginning of the nation of Israel; but the first 11 chapters of the Bible records the history that all nations have in common.

Genesis 1 describes the beginning of creation in an allegorical fashion and is remarkably accurate. The universe did have a beginning and evolved in stages until beings that know and create arose.

We can use science today to confirm what ancient man knew 6000 years ago.

The story is an allegorical account of the creation of heaven and earth when God spoke light into existence, light a known metaphor for the law which teaches people to differentiate clean from unclean, good from evil, light from darkness, heaven from hell, life from death.
No. It tells how creation was created in steps up to beings that know and create. It even starts with, "In the beginning."

Ancient man understood that man was different and that like our creator, we were different because we were conscious beings.

When the big bad talking serpent was introduced didn't you even have an inkling about what type of story you were reading?

It took me about a half a second to know what type of story it was when I was in the second grade.
No. They understood that Creation had a beginning. They may not have know about the concept of the universe or how space and time evolved, but they did correctly state that there was a beginning and that it evolved in stages. Something in which science has confirmed.

The first 11 chapters of the Bible are about the history of the world and starts with the creation of the universe.

You said yourself that the first five books were attributed to Moses who just led his people out of Egypt. Do you think that the talking serpent wasn't an allegorical account of the dispute between Moses and the pharaoh who happened to wear a serpent on his headdress used to teach their children about the dangers of losing your mind for life if taken in by someone who practiced sorcery, or in other words, mind control?

Do you think that the firmament of heaven being established isn't a metaphor for the law being established asd the basis for the kingdom of Heaven, a sphere of higher intelligences, that has nothing to do with the big bang?

Do you really think that light being spoken into existence is about something other than the law being spoken into existence?
That's right, I don't believe that it was an allegorical account of the dispute between Moses and the pharaoh because the 1st 11 Chapters records the history that all nations have in common. The 1st 11 chapters were recorded as symbols in the Chinese written language 1500 years before Moses recorded it.

That's called checkmate.

Naturally you think "religion is the opiate of the masses."
Hmm,no, not accurate. Also, that is not an accurate Karl marx quote.

Believing scientific theories is not a faith based belief, nor are they taken with 100% certainty. This process is precisely the opposite of faith. It is a determination based on evidence. So this process is completely different from your faith on both counts.

Do you think that the firmament of heaven being established isn't a metaphor for the law being established asd the basis for the kingdom of Heaven, a sphere of higher intelligences, that has nothing to do with the big bang?

Do you really think that light being spoken into existence is about something other than the law being spoken into existence?
That's right, I don't believe that it was an allegorical account of the dispute between Moses and the pharaoh because the 1st 11 Chapters records the history that all nations have in common. The 1st 11 chapters were recorded as symbols in the Chinese written language 1500 years before Moses recorded it.

That's called checkmate.
Thats not checkmate.

That might just be evidence that Moses borrowed from more ancient stories of other cultures.

Its the story of the Jewish people and their struggle to remain sane in a world where they were surrounded more powerful nations filled with superstitious, irrational and violent knuckle dragging barbarians.

Last edited:
Last edited:

That's called checkmate.
Thats not checkmate.

That might just be evidence that Moses borrowed from more ancient stories of other cultures.

Its the story of the Jewish people and their struggle to remain sane in a world where they were surrounded more powerful nations filled with superstitious, irrational and violent knuckle dragging barbarians.
Good Lord, you are an idiot. They all shared a common language and faith before the migration from Mesopotamia. That's why the accounts are the same. The Bible literally provided the explanation for how the account of Genesis ended up as symbols in the written Chinese language 1500 years before Moses penned it. It's in the account of the Tower of Babel.

And yes, it is checkmate because the account of Genesis being recorded 1500 years before Moses recorded it means that it had nothing to do with the pharaoh.

Wrong. The 1st eleven chapters of the Bible records the history that all nations have in common.

/----/ God doesn't answer to you, Bozo.

What a convenient retort when you can't rationally explain away your fantasies.
Well, it's accurate. Which fantasies would that be exactly, DTMB?

That you returning to the religion that you rejected in your youth, like a dog returns to their vomit, is proof that God has transformed you into something better.

Thats one mighty big fantasy.
You sure don't have much faith in God.

That's called checkmate.

Utter nonsense.

God is demanding that we follow a book or burn forever.

No, that's not how this works.

You are going to burn for your own sins, yourself.

That's on you. Like a wife that chooses to cheat, chooses to destroy her marriage, like a man who chooses to not go to work chooses to be poor and impoverished...... you are sinful and evil, and will pay for your choices yourself.

That's 100%, on you. No one else. Not G-d, not your mother, not society.... just you.

G-d, and his book, are offering you forgiveness for your evil actions. If you accept that, and admit your evil and cruelty, he will forgive you, and offer you freedom from your evil, and salvation in Heaven after this life.

You are making the choice. Just you. You can choose to have G-d in your life, and reap the rewards.... or you choose to not have G-d in your life.... and... whatever you get is whatever you get.

Let me put it another way..... do you think a judges who puts a serial rapist and murderer in prison for life, is a tyrant? Or did the serial rapist and murderer, make their own choice in what happened to them, by choosing to engage in rape and murder?

You..... YOU... are the one making the choice. G-d will not force anything on you. You make the choice about what your eternity looks like.
Actually, there's more proof for re-incarnation than there is for a heaven or hell.

And you can choose to believe that if you wish. But don't say G-d is demanding anything, when you are making all your own choices as to what you believe.
But what god will do if it is real shouldn't depend on whether I believe or not. And even if i don't believe in gravity, it still has an effect on me. Your god doesn't have any effect on me if I don't believe?
What you do however, will.

Haven't you heard? Faith can move mountains.
Which mountain?

...Why does it makes babies with cancer, or retarded, or deformed, or in pain, or even with all of that together? Is god not capable of a perfect creation? Is it a punishment of some sort?
MLK responds...

We are never to think of God's power in terms of what he could conceivably do by the exercise of what we may call sheer omnipotence which crushes all obtacles in its path. We are always to think of God's power in terms of his purpose. If what he did by sheer omnipotence defeated his purpose, then, however startling and impressive, it would be an expression of weakness, not of power. Indeed, a good definition of power is "ability to achieve purpose. This applies to the power of a gun, or a drug, or an argument, or even a sermon! Does it achieve its end? Does it fulfill its purpose?

We must realize that God's power is not put forward to get certain things done, but to get them done in a certain way, and with certain results in the lives of those who do them. We can see this clearly in human illustrations. My purpose in doing a crossword puzzle is not to fill in certain words. I could fill them in easily by waiting for tomorrow morning's paper. Filling them in without the answers is harder but much more satisfying, for it calls out resourcefulness, ingenuity, and discipline which by the easier way would find no self expression.
Similarly, to borrow an illustration from William James, eleven men battle desperately on a field, risking falling and injury, using up a prodigious amount of energy, and when we ask why, we learn that it is to get an inflated, leather covered sphere called a football across a goal. But if that is all, why doesn't someone get up in the night and put it there? Football games are not played to get a ball across a goal, but to get it there under certain conditions, in a certain way, with certain results in the lives of those concerned. Power to get the ball across the goal is to be interpreted in terms of purposes and only makes sense in the light of those purposes. Action, then, which defeats purpose is weakness. Power is the ability to fulfill purpose. No one knows what it cost God to refrain from intervention when wicked men put his beloved Son to death. But the restraint was not weakness. The Cross became the power of God unto salvation.
MLK was a blow hard who beat up white women for kicks.
Maybe, maybe not. You don't have perfect knowledge of that either. But either way, it doesn't change the answer.

You lack perfect knowledge why God would create the world he did, so you attempt to fit God into your limited and flawed way of seeing things.

westwall nailed you.

westwall nails taz...
westwall is such an imbecile I don't even read what he posts, he's always off point, even more than you. You'd have to sum up his point for me to respond, and I'll show you that he missed the whole point of the OP.
There is no point of the OP other than to subordinate religion and belief in God.

It's what you do. It's what militant atheists do.
Apparently you missed the point as well.

Forum List

Back