If God's Flood was only a regional flood...

I have plenty of proof that a massive worldwide event occurred at the end of the last ice age.
An "event", eh...haha....holy hedging,Batman....

th

Oh look!!! Another one in denial.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

And I'm sure that you think you know. But you don't, nobody does.

In regards to Noah's Flood, the evidence is overwhelming that there was a global flood. Not local. What you believe was one hypothesis in the news.

We find that monoliths came up from the seafloor. We find fossils of sea creatures high above sea level around the world. We find rapid burial of plants and animals. There are rapidly deposited sediment layers spread across vast areas and transported long distances. Creation scientists have experiments to demonstrate what happened and it fits what we observe. Rapid or no erosion between strata. Much strata laid down in rapid succession so that rocks ended up folded and not broken.

The worldview of atheists and evolutionary thinkers is that the present is the key to the past or what I call the "religion" of uniformitarianism. To the contrary, the earth was much different from today than in the past and it was formed rapidly by catastrophism.

Of course it has. Maybe you just don't understand the implications of a beginning which science has proven.
Then you'll be able to post a link to a credible science site that explains what was before the BB and why? I'd be interested to read that.
You need a site that says that before something began there was nothing before it?

What existed before space and time were the laws of nature.

I've provided the links to you dozens of times. You haven't read or watched them yet.
You don’t know what was before the B.B. post a link, if you dare.
Nothing. A vacuum. A curious void.
It’s a guess, nothing more.
No. You implying that something material existed before space and time existed is a guess, Taz.

Me saying that before space and time existed there was a vacuum, a curious void which held potential is science. It's called inflation theory, Taz. Look it up.

And I'm sure that you think you know. But you don't, nobody does.

In regards to Noah's Flood, the evidence is overwhelming that there was a global flood. Not local. What you believe was one hypothesis in the news.

We find that monoliths came up from the seafloor. We find fossils of sea creatures high above sea level around the world. We find rapid burial of plants and animals. There are rapidly deposited sediment layers spread across vast areas and transported long distances. Creation scientists have experiments to demonstrate what happened and it fits what we observe. Rapid or no erosion between strata. Much strata laid down in rapid succession so that rocks ended up folded and not broken.

The worldview of atheists and evolutionary thinkers is that the present is the key to the past or what I call the "religion" of uniformitarianism. To the contrary, the earth was much different from today than in the past and it was formed rapidly by catastrophism.
"Creation scientists" is an oxymoron. Got a link anyways? I could use a laugh.

Then you'll be able to post a link to a credible science site that explains what was before the BB and why? I'd be interested to read that.
You need a site that says that before something began there was nothing before it?

I've provided the links to you dozens of times. You haven't read or watched them yet.
No. You implying that something material existed before space and time existed is a guess, Taz.

Me saying that before space and time existed there was a vacuum, a curious void which held potential is science. It's called inflation theory, Taz. Look it up.
Inflation theory is for when the BB happened. Look it up.

"You implying that something material existed before space and time existed is a guess, Taz. " No, I'm stating for the record that we don't know what was before the BB. Theories yes, facts, no.

"You implying that something material existed before space and time existed is a guess, Taz. " No, I'm stating for the record that we don't know what was before the BB. Theories yes, facts, no.
Yes, and before inflation there was a vacuum; a curious void which held potential.

What existed before inflation were the laws of nature.

Yes, and before inflation there was a vacuum; a curious void which held potential.

It's a theory among others. None are proven as of today. But why do you insist on saying that things are fact when you know that they aren't? Aren't you supposed to be an engineer?

It's a theory among others. None are proven as of today. But why do you insist on saying that things are fact when you know that they aren't? Aren't you supposed to be an engineer?
You believe the theory of evolution is fact, right?

The paradox that I find with that answer is, before space and time, what existed? You say a vacuum, but where did that vacuum come from?

Before there was a universe, there was nothing, but can you imagine nothing? It's hard to comprehend. If there was nothing, then how could there now be something. You cant create something out of absolute nothing.

You say there was a vacuum, if there was a vacuum, that means there had to be some sort of material or void to create that vacuum. Where did that material or void come from?

It's something that I have a hard time understanding because, I simply cannot imagine nothingness. My brain cannot imagine the absence of anything, because my brain comprehends that as empty space....but if there was empty space. Then there obviously was something there, and my question is, where did that something come from.

Lol, my philosophy, if you cant beat 'em, confuse 'em! :D

As I stated before, it seems like much more of a leap of faith to believe that all of this sprang from nothing, than to believe that all of this was created by God who has always been here. Yes, I know, the next response to that would be, "who created God", to which, I have no answer. There can only be two answers, one is that there has always been a void that just mysteriously has always existed, and from that void, an explosion happened, and from that explosion, life was created, or that God has always existed, and He created life and everything else.

You believe the theory of evolution is fact, right?
I think that evolution is a natural process and that that has been proven. The steps in man's evolution are somewhat there but aren't completely worked out. it's not just a theory, some parts still are rather theoretical, sure, but some aren't.

The paradox that I find with that answer is, before space and time, what existed? You say a vacuum, but where did that vacuum come from?

Before there was a universe, there was nothing, but can you imagine nothing? It's hard to comprehend. If there was nothing, then how could there now be something. You cant create something out of absolute nothing.

You say there was a vacuum, if there was a vacuum, that means there had to be some sort of material or void to create that vacuum. Where did that material or void come from?

It's something that I have a hard time understanding because, I simply cannot imagine nothingness. My brain cannot imagine the absence of anything, because my brain comprehends that as empty space....but if there was empty space. Then there obviously was something there, and my question is, where did that something come from.

As I stated before, it seems like much more of a leap of faith to believe that all of this sprang from nothing, than to believe that all of this was created by God who has always been here. Yes, I know, the next response to that would be, "who created God", to which, I have no answer. There can only be two answers, one is that there has always been a void that just mysteriously has always existed, and from that void, an explosion happened, and from that explosion, life was created, or that God has always existed, and He created life and everything else.
Or a third answer: we simply don't know what was before the BB and are still searching.

when all matter is converted to energy to create the moment of singularity there is nothingness in a vacuum.

Is the theory of relativity a fact?

We are still building and working on equipment that can actually detect parts of the theory, while the rest of the theory is mathematically provable.

So, because it can be proven by math, I'd say that it was a fact.

Or a third answer: we simply don't know what was before the BB and are still searching.
Correct, but it is a paradox because it is a question that nobody will ever be able to answer. Nobody can ever know what existed before the universe.

So, we have 2 options, one being a theory that science cannot explain, or a history recorded in the Bible. The question is, you have to have faith to believe either one. Which one do you think is more plausible, and require a less leap of faitg?

when all matter is converted to energy to create the moment of singularity there is nothingness in a vacuum.
Ok, but where did that matter needed to convert to energy come from?

There had to be something there for the singularity to happen, to create the vacuum. My question is, where did that matter originate?

Correct, but it is a paradox because it is a question that nobody will ever be able to answer. Nobody can ever know what existed before the universe.

So, we have 2 options, one being a theory that science cannot explain, or a history recorded in the Bible. The question is, you have to have faith to believe either one. Which one do you think is more plausible, and require a less leap of faitg?

The one that would require less faith to believe in would be the one that is mathematically proven.

The theory of relativity and the theories about the Big Bang can be proven mathematically. The Bible can't.

As far as what do I personally believe? I think that science will eventually prove that a Creator exists, but that is not going to come for a long time. Why do I say that? While I don't believe the Universe was created in just 7 Earth days (24 hours each), I do think that there is something out there watching over us. There are too many things in various histories that point to beings not from this planet coming down and helping us out. I mean, how could mankind in the early stages of development know what was and wasn't good to eat? They said no pork or shellfish, but they never said exactly why. Today? We know why, pork can contain parasites called trichinosis and shellfish are filter feeders and dangerous to eat in the warm months because of bacteria and algae. In the Bible, there are various laws about what you can and can't eat, but why did they come up with them? They couldn't detect bacteria and parasites back then.

As far as the Big Bang? I think that is the first verse of "Let there be Light".

And...........remember..............as Arthur C. Clarke once said, "a sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".

Forum List

Back