🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If I lived in Ca I would be pissed

No they don't. I have solar so electricity is basically free and food is not that expensive if you know how to cook and are frugal. You just can't see how a person can live with very little money. I did it all my life when I had a business I gave away lots of service to people who couldn't afford the work.

Once again, bullshit. You are a terrible liar because you don't know shit about what you are talking about. That's the problem with morons like you, you think everyone is as stupid as you.

We're not.
Taxes, healthcare insurance, vehicle insurance, licensing his damn car and fueling his car with the price of gas in Cali.
He is sooo laughable. He really does need to come out of his mom's basement

They're one of the world's largest economies.

They must be doing something right.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

First, they are part of the worlds largest economy. Without the world's largest economy, they would struggle. Secondly, they are the four best economy in the US. And finally, if their economy is as great as the left is claiming, then why don't they just pay for the rail themselves and leave the federal government out of it all together?

Why, we send more cash to DC, than any other state.

People who believe the crap you've posted can't think out of the box that was locked after your brainwash.

Some things to consider:
  • The air corridor between Northern and Southern California has reached its limit.
  • Building Transit Villages create jobs, and reduces traffic on already overcrowded freeways.
  • High speed rail in Europe and Asia is proof the CA Project is not a train to nowhere; it connects major metro areas, from Sacramento to San Diego with a spur into San Jose, Silicon Valley and San Francisco.

Delays, more delays, the the cost has risen from $10 billion to $77 billion and by the time it is finished could see it rise to over $100, scheduled to open in 2023, now, 2034 and more delays are expected. It's sucking money and no end in sight. Sad what California is going through. But not your money, right?

I wonder what the Transcontinental Railroad would have cost in 2019 dollars?

Fiscal Conservatism is not always, and is mostly not, fiscally responsible. Delays cost money, and you didn't mention the cause of the delays in your post.

How much did the invasion and occupation of Iraq cost the taxpayer? How about the over budget cost of the F-35? Why did
Ryan and Trump cut taxes, when every year we add to the national debt?

How much does President Trump's security cost each time he flies to Florida, and his agents who rent golf carts from which he profits?

I dislike Trump's fiscal policies, I didn't vote for him for that reason, that and he and Hillary couldn't tell the truth to save their lives. I am all for bring all the troops home and letting the world police itself.

Now, back to the subject. The cost of the rail went from $10 billion in the 90's to $33 billion in 2008, with their shovel ready project to $66 billion under Obama, now we are up to $77 billion. So to recap, we added $33 billion with Obama and $11 billion with Trump and it will continue to grow whether this country elects a Democrat or a Republican President in 2020. Not sure why the President matters, however you brought it up.

There is mismanagement from acquiring land to planning, then you have California's bureaucracy and environmentalism. add to it the government printing money. It all adds up to higher and higher costs and higher and higher expenses.

In most projects mismanagement is to be expected, the Bay Bridge was over the initial budget, and when completed there were problems which needed additional costs.

We can't blame government exclusively since the bid was made by the Private Sector in every major gov't project it seems the bid never meets expectations in costs, time or outcome.

Then we can expect NIMBY's, and fiscal conservatives to put up road blocks, special interests to lobby against heavy and light rail (i.e. the Oil, Battery and Tire Industry in this case).

There are cost-deficits and cost benefits in all major efforts to complete or even begin to build public transportation; not because they are not needed, but because other industries object to competition. They then lobby the public to vote against their own best interests.

Actually, one of the biggest roadblocks was the leftwing environmentalist, they launched a bunch of lawsuits to stop the rail. So again you prove you are just a partisan hack who just blames the other side because that is what uneducated political hacks do.

Thanks for proving you are no better than the rightwing nuts.

True, law suits to protect frogs and native plants continue to road block many developments, mostly they fail but it takes up time, and time is money.

Stop with the ad hominems, they make you one of the right wing nuts.

Delays, more delays, the the cost has risen from $10 billion to $77 billion and by the time it is finished could see it rise to over $100, scheduled to open in 2023, now, 2034 and more delays are expected. It's sucking money and no end in sight. Sad what California is going through. But not your money, right?

Fiscal Conservatism is not always, and is mostly not, fiscally responsible. Delays cost money, and you didn't mention the cause of the delays in your post.

How much did the invasion and occupation of Iraq cost the taxpayer? How about the over budget cost of the F-35? Why did

How much does President Trump's security cost each time he flies to Florida, and his agents who rent golf carts from which he profits?

I dislike Trump's fiscal policies, I didn't vote for him for that reason, that and he and Hillary couldn't tell the truth to save their lives. I am all for bring all the troops home and letting the world police itself.

Now, back to the subject. The cost of the rail went from $10 billion in the 90's to $33 billion in 2008, with their shovel ready project to $66 billion under Obama, now we are up to $77 billion. So to recap, we added $33 billion with Obama and $11 billion with Trump and it will continue to grow whether this country elects a Democrat or a Republican President in 2020. Not sure why the President matters, however you brought it up.

There is mismanagement from acquiring land to planning, then you have California's bureaucracy and environmentalism. add to it the government printing money. It all adds up to higher and higher costs and higher and higher expenses.

In most projects mismanagement is to be expected, the Bay Bridge was over the initial budget, and when completed there were problems which needed additional costs.

We can't blame government exclusively since the bid was made by the Private Sector in every major gov't project it seems the bid never meets expectations in costs, time or outcome.

Then we can expect NIMBY's, and fiscal conservatives to put up road blocks, special interests to lobby against heavy and light rail (i.e. the Oil, Battery and Tire Industry in this case).

There are cost-deficits and cost benefits in all major efforts to complete or even begin to build public transportation; not because they are not needed, but because other industries object to competition. They then lobby the public to vote against their own best interests.

Actually, one of the biggest roadblocks was the leftwing environmentalist, they launched a bunch of lawsuits to stop the rail. So again you prove you are just a partisan hack who just blames the other side because that is what uneducated political hacks do.

True, law suits to protect frogs and native plants continue to road block many developments, mostly they fail but it takes up time, and time is money.

Thanks for conceding.

Trains move without needing energy. Everyone in California knows that.

Tax people who ride on Amtrak then. Tax people who ride on CalTrans, or Bart or various other rail systems, but dont take gas taxes to pay for it.

The California High Speed rail, doesn't even move at all and had cost us Billions ...and is an admitted failure... all those billions thrown away by Newsom and people just like him. But , sure... I'm sure he knows what he's doing this time. California legislators need to donate their entire salary, and sell their second homes to pay back the citizens of California for their absolute failure and misappropriation of taxpayer funds.

People who believe the crap you've posted can't think out of the box that was locked after your brainwash.

Some things to consider:
  • The air corridor between Northern and Southern California has reached its limit.
  • Building Transit Villages create jobs, and reduces traffic on already overcrowded freeways.
  • High speed rail in Europe and Asia is proof the CA Project is not a train to nowhere; it connects major metro areas, from Sacramento to San Diego with a spur into San Jose, Silicon Valley and San Francisco.

You guys are pathetic and ridiculous when you post this.

1. Trump is a free man and can go anywhere on vacation, the US has no choice but to protect the President.

2. HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO USE HIS OWN PLANES AND VEHICLES, WHAT PART OF THAT CANT YOU COMPREHEND?

3. And profits off of golf cart and hotel fees?

That tells us right there you are a broke ass moron, if you think that's a significant amount, its chump change to a billionaire

God damn .

Yep, and Obama was attacked for going to Hawaii with his family, and playing less golf in 8 years than Trump has in one year.

Hypocrisy is the

Thanks for conceding.

You can't stop being a smart ass. I haven't conceded, and you haven't won anything.

Tax people who ride on Amtrak then. Tax people who ride on CalTrans, or Bart or various other rail systems, but dont take gas taxes to pay for it.

The California High Speed rail, doesn't even move at all and had cost us Billions ...and is an admitted failure... all those billions thrown away by Newsom and people just like him. But , sure... I'm sure he knows what he's doing this time. California legislators need to donate their entire salary, and sell their second homes to pay back the citizens of California for their absolute failure and misappropriation of taxpayer funds.

Some things to consider:

1. Trump is a free man and can go anywhere on vacation, the US has no choice but to protect the President.

2. HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO USE HIS OWN PLANES AND VEHICLES, WHAT PART OF THAT CANT YOU COMPREHEND?

That tells us right there you are a broke ass moron, if you think that's a significant amount, its chump change to a billionaire

God damn .

Yep, and Obama was attacked for going to Hawaii with his family, and playing less golf in 8 years than Trump has in one year.

Hypocrisy is the

Thanks for conceding.

You can't stop being a smart ass. I haven't conceded, and you haven't won anything.

You claimed it was right wingers that have caused the project to soar, so prove it.

Some things to consider:

God damn .

Hypocrisy is the

Thanks for conceding.

You claimed it was right wingers that have caused the project to soar, so prove it.

All Republicans are right wingers, IMO. They don't have the balls to toss Trump under the bus, they pretend to be fiscally conservative, but are in fact fiscally irresponsible, and they lie and lie and lie.

I didn't make a claim that one variable is the be all end all of anything; yet you make that claim and that is proof you are a damn liar.

I wrote this:

There are cost-deficits and cost benefits in all major efforts to complete or even begin to build public transportation; not because they are not needed, but because other industries object to competition. They then lobby the public to vote against their own best interests.[/QUOTE]

With a stroke of his pen, California Governor Gavin Newsom has redirected part of the money you pay at the pump with the state’s gas tax to the railway system and other projects.
Assemblyman Patterson says, “One of the very first things Governor Newsom decides to do, is put forward an executive order and his people at Caltrans have decided they are going to terminate addition north and south freeway lanes on Highway 99 in Tulare and Madera County. I’m almost speechless with response to this.”
Assemblyman Patterson says, “When you pay for gas and you pay a gas tax, a railroad is not a highway. This is bait and switch. This is saying one thing and doing something else. I just think all who represent California both Democrats and Republicans have better step up and stand up and say Mr. Governor you can’t do this.”
CBS47 Investigation: Gov. Newsom redirects gas tax money. It won’t fund highways, railway system

It really is the ol' bait and switch....and the Ca. taxpayer once again is getting screwed.
This is liberalism on display
Move to West Virginia.

I will interject. He said he owned his home. His moniker is "Tax Man" which I bet he can fall on for work, if need be. You seem to think his SS isn't enough to live on. Maybe not for you, but I know people that do. They also can borrow against their homes. An actual homeowner knows what he or she has. Equity. You can't stand the fact he's not like you, or your opinion on who can do what.

Some things to consider:

You forgot about the land-owners.

I will interject. He said he owned his home. His moniker is "Tax Man" which I bet he can fall on for work, if need be. You seem to think his SS isn't enough to live on. Maybe not for you, but I know people that do. They also can borrow against their homes. An actual homeowner knows what he or she has. Equity. You can't stand the fact he's not like you, or your opinion on who can do what.

No, I don't like liars. He is one. I have plenty of friends, real friends, who live very frugal lives. I choose not to live a frugal life, but I would never denigrate those who.

I do however denigrate liars. And he is one.

No, I don't like liars. He is one. I have plenty of friends, real friends, who live very frugal lives. I choose not to live a frugal life, but I would never denigrate those who.

You must be a mind reader...digitally.

California is ranked 2 on state tax per gallon of gas at 55.5 cents. Thats mind boggling expensive. They should have the best highways in the universe with that type of tax.
I don't know if they have the best but they sure have a bunch of them. The highway network in and around LA never ceases to amaze me. That and the fact that traffic is backed up on ALL of them! :confused-84:

For the Record:

http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/california-population/

Look over the demographics, and compare to your state.
Wry were i moved to the first very noticeable thing was .....A LOT LESS PEOPLE....back in Anaheim no matter the time of day or day of week....freeways crowded,some days it took a half hour by freeway to go 10 miles....out here if there is fucking 15 cars on it.... its crowded....i can at least say i lived in California during the time when it may have been the greatest place on the planet to live....the way it has got over the last 20-25 years,i dont regret leaving at all....
40 million Californians dont care if you left or not. Millions did life goes on. It is still the best state, best economy, home to best of everything nothing changed.
thats because you refuse to look at the not so great part of the state....and maybe 30 years ago it was the best of everything,now its like i said....you refuse to acknowledge the negative things going on today which was nothing 30 years ago,but are major problems today....take the California flag out of your ass issa and take a look around,you might see many struggling to make ends meet,still many inland without jobs.....roads that need at least repair...homelessness increasing daily..... the list goes on...

Homelessness is a problem throughout the United States; I've not seen a study to prove CA has more per capita than other states.

The issue is not local politics, or of the State of CA's governance. It is the fault of The Congress which has not engaged in honest debates to reduce the numbers of this nationwide malady.

The War on Drugs is a failure, Mental health is not funded at a level necessary; thus the serious mentally ill end up in jails and prisons or left on the streets.

Drug addicts and alcoholics spend more time in jail than in treatment, they too add to the problem which cries for a solution, yet The Congress walks down the sidewalk and steps over those sleeping in doorways (metaphorically).
no but there are many here who think most of the homeless are from other states.....approx 75% of the homeless in and around LA are Californians.....
Pohahaha bullshit...if most Californians are not even from Here how can 75% the homeless be from here?
I live on the west side of LA around 75% white, anyone older than 30 I'll be shocked if they tell me they are from here most are feom different states....my wife was born here and she is 50 and she is like a treasure hardly anyone her age is from here.
Throughout the years I spoke to many homeless and we get tons of them due to the help they get....I can safely say 90% are white and 90% are from outside of California.
I always say the homeless problem in the west in general and specifically the US is a cultural problem, where family values are lost, selfishness is the main motor of society.

Wry were i moved to the first very noticeable thing was .....A LOT LESS PEOPLE....back in Anaheim no matter the time of day or day of week....freeways crowded,some days it took a half hour by freeway to go 10 miles....out here if there is fucking 15 cars on it.... its crowded....i can at least say i lived in California during the time when it may have been the greatest place on the planet to live....the way it has got over the last 20-25 years,i dont regret leaving at all....
40 million Californians dont care if you left or not. Millions did life goes on. It is still the best state, best economy, home to best of everything nothing changed.
thats because you refuse to look at the not so great part of the state....and maybe 30 years ago it was the best of everything,now its like i said....you refuse to acknowledge the negative things going on today which was nothing 30 years ago,but are major problems today....take the California flag out of your ass issa and take a look around,you might see many struggling to make ends meet,still many inland without jobs.....roads that need at least repair...homelessness increasing daily..... the list goes on...

Homelessness is a problem throughout the United States; I've not seen a study to prove CA has more per capita than other states.

The issue is not local politics, or of the State of CA's governance. It is the fault of The Congress which has not engaged in honest debates to reduce the numbers of this nationwide malady.

The War on Drugs is a failure, Mental health is not funded at a level necessary; thus the serious mentally ill end up in jails and prisons or left on the streets.

Drug addicts and alcoholics spend more time in jail than in treatment, they too add to the problem which cries for a solution, yet The Congress walks down the sidewalk and steps over those sleeping in doorways (metaphorically).
no but there are many here who think most of the homeless are from other states.....approx 75% of the homeless in and around LA are Californians.....
Pohahaha bullshit...if most Californians are not even from Here how can 75% the homeless be from here?
I live on the west side of LA around 75% white, anyone older than 30 I'll be shocked if they tell me they are from here most are feom different states....my wife was born here and she is 50 and she is like a treasure hardly anyone her age is from here.
Throughout the years I spoke to many homeless and we get tons of them due to the help they get....I can safely say 90% are white and 90% are from outside of California.
I always say the homeless problem in the west in general and specifically the US is a cultural problem, where family values are lost, selfishness is the main motor of society.
Its the weather. If it sucked, they would be somewhere else.

You must be a mind reader...digitally.

I'm old. Old people figure out liars really quick. We don't need to be mind readers, we just use our experience and the dozens of life lessons to separate the wheat from the chaff

With a stroke of his pen, California Governor Gavin Newsom has redirected part of the money you pay at the pump with the state’s gas tax to the railway system and other projects.
Assemblyman Patterson says, “One of the very first things Governor Newsom decides to do, is put forward an executive order and his people at Caltrans have decided they are going to terminate addition north and south freeway lanes on Highway 99 in Tulare and Madera County. I’m almost speechless with response to this.”
Assemblyman Patterson says, “When you pay for gas and you pay a gas tax, a railroad is not a highway. This is bait and switch. This is saying one thing and doing something else. I just think all who represent California both Democrats and Republicans have better step up and stand up and say Mr. Governor you can’t do this.”
CBS47 Investigation: Gov. Newsom redirects gas tax money. It won’t fund highways, railway system

It really is the ol' bait and switch....and the Ca. taxpayer once again is getting screwed.
This is liberalism on display
Move to West Virginia.
I'm happy where I now live, but, thanks for the advice.

God damn .

Hypocrisy is the

Thanks for conceding.

All Republicans are right wingers, IMO. They don't have the balls to toss Trump under the bus, they pretend to be fiscally conservative, but are in fact fiscally irresponsible, and they lie and lie and lie.

I didn't make a claim that one variable is the be all end all of anything; yet you make that claim and that is proof you are a damn liar.

I wrote this:

[/QUOTE]

So it is just an opinion with no proof?

You forgot about the land-owners.

That was included in the previous post.

Forum List

Back