If I Shake my Fist at the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still breathing. :party:

Turns out that the hype was more exciting than the storms... at least for S. Florida. Condolences to the folks further north who did lose someone or something in the storms.
god hasn't seen fit to make it rain here in California.

Wrong prayers maybe? :)

"SHEMA

Hear, Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is One.

Blessed be the Name of His glorious kingdom for ever and ever.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

And these words that I command you today shall be in your heart.

And you shall teach them diligently to your children, and you shall speak of them

when you sit at home, and when you walk along the way, and when you lie down and when you rise up.

And you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be for frontlets between your eyes.

And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

And it shall come to pass if you surely listen to the commandments

that I command you today

to love the Lord your God and to serve him with all your heart and all your soul,

That I will give rain to your land, the early and the late rains,
that you may gather in your grain, your wine and your oil.

And I will give grass in your fields for your cattle and you will eat and you will be satisfied.

Beware, lest your heart be deceived
and you turn and serve other gods and worship them.

And anger of the Lord will blaze against you, and he will close the heavens and there will not be rain,
and the earth will not give you its fullness,

and you will perish quickly from the good land that the Lord gives you.

So you shall put these, my words, on your heart and on your soul;
and you shall bind them for signs on your hands, and they shall be for frontlets between your eyes.

And you shall teach them to your children, and you shall speak of them

when you sit at home, and when you walk along the way, and when you lie down and when you rise up.

And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

In order to prolong your days and the days of your children on the land
that the Lord promised your fathers that he would give them, as long as the days that the heavens are over the earth.

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying...

Speak to the children of Israel and say to them

they should make themselves tzitzit (fringes) on the corners of their clothing throughout their generations,
and give the tzitzit of each corner a thread of blue.

In order to remember and do all My commandments, and be holy for your God.

I am the Lord, your God
who lead you from the land of Egypt to be a God to you.
I am the Lord, your God."

Actually the Word of God doesn't change because of perspective or attitudes of monkeys. God would tell you to accept the propitation offered By His Son, Jesus, the Christ if you want to sit at His table.
You're barking up the wrong tree boys:

John 20:28 - Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

Romans 9:5 - ...Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

Titus 2:13-15 - ...our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,

Hebrews 1:8 - But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever…

2 Peter 1:1 - ...the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ…

WWGD? He'd tell you to seek out WJWD. :)

Not if I'm still here these many years after.

Maybe He hasn't decided to kill you yet ... And doesn't care that you don't believe in Him.
Perhaps He still believes in you ... And needed you to make that original post to speak to someone else ... I guess that would make you a tool.

Last edited:
the Everlasting has someone or group in charge whomever it may be ... but the effort first is finding the way to get there - and hopefully those in charge can either be avoided or embraced whichever to then skedaddle to the far reaches where one will not be noticed.

Maybe there isn't a God but there is Mother Nature.
Maybe Mother Nature invented humans to make a hard plastic shell to cover and protect the Earth from space objects ... And will get rid of us when we are done.

Maybe He hasn't decided to kill you yet ... And doesn't care that you don't believe in Him.
Perhaps He still believes in you ... And needed you to make that original post to speak to someone else ... I guess that would make you a tool.

Perhaps.

Perhaps the ancient stories are simply stories inspired by nothing more impressive than human imagination.

What's a Monkey to do but try to live each day with a self-made attitude and an open mind?

Or it might be simpler then that

Maybe he keeps Joe around for the occasional giggle?

If I shake my fist at the sky and declare to God that I am impressed with neither his presence nor his proofs to date, and I challenge the aforementioned God to kill me now or forever be regarded and described by me as fictitious, does that prove anything?

:eusa_think:

Joe, here's the problem, as much as this pains me to tell you this. Maybe God did as you asked? A lightning bolt came out of the heavens and fried you to a crisp, just as crispy as a tater chip.

It was on the news, everyone saw it. Twitter blew up and you were number one on YouTube.

This is simply your afterlife. Let's face it, maybe this is His way of showing he actually does exist AND has a awesome sense of humor.

Life in USMB. Some would definitely call that .............

Last edited:
If I shake my fist at the sky and declare to God that I am impressed with neither his presence nor his proofs to date, and I challenge the aforementioned God to kill me now or forever be regarded and described by me as fictitious, does that prove anything?

:eusa_think:

Joe, here's the problem, as much as this pains me to tell you this. Maybe God did as you asked? A lightning bolt came out of the heavens and fried you to a crisp, just as crispy as a tater chip.

It was on the news, everyone saw it. Twitter blew up and you were number one on YouTube.

This is simply your afterlife. Let's face it, maybe this is His way of showing he actually does exist AND has a awesome sense of humor.

Hell? :dunno:

Okay Pop ... Now we know what Joe did to get here ... Tell us what you did to end up at this place?

Okay Pop ... Now we know what Joe did to get here ... Tell us what you did to end up at this place?

How do you know I'm even here????

Spooky ain't it?

Spooky ain't it?

Well you answered ... And that is more than what God may have done for Joe.
All I can say is that if USMB is Hell ... I would consider the fact I got off easy.

Last edited:

Spooky ain't it?

:eusa_eh: I know that you were here because there's evidence that you were here. In example, the post above that you created and signed.

Extraordinary claims require evidence. The claim that Pop23, BlackSand and AVG-JOE existed in this moment is evidenced by the time-date stamped posts we take credit for.

Spooky ain't it?

:eusa_eh: I know that you were here because there's evidence that you were here. In example, the post above that you created and signed.

Extraordinary claims require evidence. The claim that Pop23, BlackSand and AVG-JOE existed in this moment is evidenced by the time-date stamped posts we take credit for.

Uh ... So if God logged in and responded to your post ...Thus receiving a time/date-stamp ... Would that be sufficient proof He was here?

Spooky ain't it?

Unless you only think this is real

Nothing more real than getting chased inside from a long list of chores by yet another round of Florida's world famous SummerTime afternoon pop-up thundershowers!

Wow! The show today is a good one!

Definitely had the right tune Timed by luck.... ;)

---------------

Dear God...
If you're there,
If you're in control,
and If you give a shit...
Your random acts of weather can be a little frighting.

Jus' sayin'...

If you're angry, just say so!
You're kinda being a big ol' pussy, Brah

:dunno:

Spooky ain't it?

Uh ... So if God logged in and responded to your post ...Thus receiving a time/date-stamp ... Would that be sufficient proof He was here?

Only if I believed with all of my heart, soul, mind and body that the train of thought driving those posts was indeed God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back