If I was Harris, this would be my opening statement tonight at the Debate

Mr. Trump, let me begin by stating a few FACTS about you.

In 2016, you made the following 2 statements:

1) "I alone can fix it"
2) "I will hire only the best people for the job"

And yet, 1) you made 104 campaign promises and you were only able to fulfill 24 of them, in spite of the fact that for the first two years of your presidency, the Republicans had the majority in the Senate. As such, your statement about "I alone can fix it" has proven to be untrue.

and 2) you had the biggest turnover in the history of U.S. presidents, with 85% of the people you picked either getting fired or leaving you. Firing them, meant they did not turn out to be the best and them leaving meaning those "best people" did not think you were doing a good job or not following your oath of office to defend the laws and the Constitution of the United States. This means that your statement about hiring the best was also untrue and the fact so many left you, means that your statement about "I alone can fix it" was also false.

In 2020, you made the accusation that the election was stolen and even though this contention was taken to court on over 60 occasions, it was never proven that any election fraud occurred. Your own Attorney General (Barr) said it wasn't true and even the Supreme Court refused to even look at the accusation saying "there are insufficient facts to have us even consider it". In spite of all that, you stimulated and supported a protest at the Capitol that turned into a potential insurrection. You even asked VP Pence to do something illegal of not confirming the election results. He refused and you said "I made a mistake in choosing Pence to be my VP", in addition you publicly defended those rioters that wanted to "hang Pence".

It has been proven that you did not handle the Covid pandemic well. You delayed the response to it and defunded the entities that handle pandemics and took their power away from them. It has been shown that your handling of the pandemic caused the unnecessary deaths of over 200,000 Americans.

All of the above, show you to be incompetent to be president again.

The above is what I think that Harris should start the debate tonight. All of the above are facts. No accusations or insults, just facts.
Harris will start, I said I wanted salt on the margarita!!

Your OWN words mess you up. finding "diplomatic solutions" does not mean being in charge of implementing them.

and regarding minimizing the insurgency, here is a FACT CHECK
Biden appointed her in 2021 .. to the two responsibilities I listed .. that's a fact.

The claim: Kamala Harris was 'put in charge of the border'

A July 21 Instagram post (direct link, archive link) by Donald Trump Jr. blames Vice President Kamala Harris for the country's immigration problems.

"She was put in charge of the border and we saw the worst invasion of illegals in our history!!!" reads part of the post, which is a screenshot of a post from X, formerly Twitter.

Similar posts on Threads have described Harris as the Biden administration's "border czar."

False​

The post exaggerates the vice president's role in addressing migration at the southern border. Harris was never put in charge of the border or made "border czar," immigration experts said. President Joe Biden tasked Harris with leading the administration's diplomatic efforts addressing the "root causes" of migration in El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.
How'd that go for her?

we don't want to talk about trump. if we do that he wins.

the ploay is to sound reasonable and be prepared to deliver the zinger ("say it to my face!")
Seriously? He’ll tell her to her face that she’s the worst VP and threw the border open to an actual Invasion

Trump won’t say it, but he will need to declare a National Emergency on Day One to deal with the Invasion

Are you advocating that all the millions of Christians in the US publicly declare that they will only vote for the Godliest of all candidates? It would be amazing to watch all those pretending piety and trying to tell Christians who not to vote for suddenly discover that they don't want a theocracy.
i think the majority of christians know "my kingdom is not of this world." christ

i wonder how recruitment is going for "proud boys" and "boogaloo boys" and such .

Harris can't win tonight. She will present rational arguments against Trump and the imaginary world he's created in America.

But the rational appeals to their better senses from Kamala will be rejected.

Nobody needs to look very far to find the truth in that. This forum's members are completely sold on the nonsense.

I can only see it being a question on whether the military will allow Trump to reign long enough to destroy democracy?

Just my Canadian opinion. Ya'all should just ignore it.

Your OWN words mess you up. finding "diplomatic solutions" does not mean being in charge of implementing them.

and regarding minimizing the insurgency, here is a FACT CHECK

The claim: Kamala Harris was 'put in charge of the border'

A July 21 Instagram post (direct link, archive link) by Donald Trump Jr. blames Vice President Kamala Harris for the country's immigration problems.

"She was put in charge of the border and we saw the worst invasion of illegals in our history!!!" reads part of the post, which is a screenshot of a post from X, formerly Twitter.

Similar posts on Threads have described Harris as the Biden administration's "border czar."

False​

The post exaggerates the vice president's role in addressing migration at the southern border. Harris was never put in charge of the border or made "border czar," immigration experts said. President Joe Biden tasked Harris with leading the administration's diplomatic efforts addressing the "root causes" of migration in El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.
Oh, USAToday said so

1) "I alone can fix it"

And yet, 1) you made 104 campaign promises and you were only able to fulfill 24 of them, in spite of the fact that for the first two years of your presidency, the Republicans had the majority in the Senate. As such, your statement about "I alone can fix it" has proven to be untrue.

and 2) you had the biggest turnover in the history of U.S. presidents, with 85% of the people you picked either getting fired or leaving you. Firing them, meant they did not turn out to be the best and them leaving meaning those "best people" did not think you were doing a good job or not following your oath of office to defend the laws and the Constitution of the United States. This means that your statement about hiring the best was also untrue and the fact so many left you, means that your statement about "I alone can fix it" was also false.

In 2020, you made the accusation that the election was stolen and even though this contention was taken to court on over 60 occasions, it was never proven that any election fraud occurred. Your own Attorney General (Barr) said it wasn't true and even the Supreme Court refused to even look at the accusation saying "there are insufficient facts to have us even consider it". In spite of all that, you stimulated and supported a protest at the Capitol that turned into a potential insurrection. You even asked VP Pence to do something illegal of not confirming the election results. He refused and you said "I made a mistake in choosing Pence to be my VP", in addition you publicly defended those rioters that wanted to "hang Pence".

It has been proven that you did not handle the Covid pandemic well. You delayed the response to it and defunded the entities that handle pandemics and took their power away from them. It has been shown that your handling of the pandemic caused the unnecessary deaths of over 200,000 Americans.

The above is what I think that Harris should start the debate tonight. All of the above are facts. No accusations or insults, just facts.
And this is a losing strategy.

No president has ever been elected on the sole basis of "the other guy is bad".

They have to bring forward a vision that everyone can relate and understand and most especially want.

Where negative campaigns are effective at bunting your opponents proposals ....they cannot erase them. And you have to sell your vision of the future. If you want to win.
It's not about partisans....this is about an indecisive middle.

Harris can't win tonight. She will present rational arguments against Trump and the imaginary world he's created in America.

But the rational appeals to their better senses from Kamala will be rejected.

Nobody needs to look very far to find the truth in that. This forum's members are completely sold on the nonsense.

I can only see it being a question on whether the military will allow Trump to reign long enough to destroy democracy?

Just my Canadian opinion. Ya'all should just ignore it.

We will

Biden appointed her in 2021 .. to the two responsibilities I listed .. that's a fact.

How'd that go for her?
That's the very valid question that needs to be posed to her and that she needs to answer. At the time, Quid Pro Joe made a big deal out of the appointment and the slavish media dutifully followed suit, clapping their flippers and honking their horns in unison. So, she needs to be asked and needs to answer.

Cackling = f(blood alcohol)

I hope she show up sober and Trump still beats her
I hear that.

They will deny that she is a raging alcoholic. The claim will get denigrated endlessly as “conspiracy theory” shit from Trump and his supporters.

But down the road, if Kamalalala were to win, they’d suddenly be willing to use her disease against her to replace her.

And that’s another horrifying thought: “President Tampon Timmy?”

1) "I alone can fix it"

That would be a great opening because Trump would hammer her on her lack of solutions to problems today.

However, the candidates will not be questioning one another but answering questions from the moderator.

What is more likely is that the question will be asked along the lines of "what is your plan for bringing down inflation?" Commiela will answer along the lines you just stated. Trump will lay out a viable plan with details.

1) "I alone can fix it"

This would be an awful way to start the debate, because it's not even true. Trump will then attack with the same line of thinking.

Instead, I want them both to lay out their policies and why they think they are better. I don't want this to run into "how much my opponent sucks" or each of them looking for the one-liner they rehearsed to go viral.

Forum List

Back