🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If I were an adviser to President Obama

In fairness, I do believe the Russians have a naval base in Syria... So the fact that they are moving ships into the area may very well be incidental.

At this point the only way to resolve this with some measure of decency would be for the senate to announce the commencement of impeachment proceedings. Obama would have an excuse to abandon his nonsense, keep some measure of dignity and go on. Then the impeachment can be quietly dropped. obama could say what he always does, he woulda, coulda, shoulda but someone wouldn't let him.

I would encourage him to make the following statement:

"We are convinced that the Syrian military under the authority of their leader, President Assad, have used chemical weapons to kill thousands of their citizens, including children, women and men. We had hoped that the nations of the Middle East would be as appalled by his actions as have been the citizens of the United States.

"While some of the nations of the Middle East and Asia condemn him for his murderous actions, they remain unwilling to prevent further murders by using force to engage President Assad and his Military.

"The United States of America holds the power to prevent further reprehensible actions by President Assad and his Generals, but we will not do so alone. Unless the nations of the Middle East, Russian and Iran step forward to assist us in the prevention of the slaughter of the civilian population of Syria, we will stand aside. Should they choose not to prevent further carnage I will recommend to the Congress that future aid to the Military of members of the Arab League be canceled." I will not send American troops into the region to settle sectarian violence nor spend our nations resources in a region where lose, lose is the only alternative for the American people"

Wouldn't it have taken less time to say you would have just been pulling a Lewinsky? :lol:

Oh hell the dang If statements.

Well first off I'd ask him to resign as I think he's a complete and utter idiot.

But................Now I'm stuck with the Idiot.

Prove the data to Congress and Senate with Credible Sources.
Prove the data to the UN.
Confer with world leaders with evidence, and ask them to add evidence to see if all agree.

If evidence is confirmed DEMAND CONDEMNATION FROM THE UN and supporting members. Force the World to Pick a side on this issue.

Stop shooting his dang mouth off half cocked. And seem presidential for a change.

Arrange a direct meeting with Putin. Tell him straight forward to PUT HIS DOG ON A LEASH. Make it clear that if he uses Chemical Weapons again we are going to pound his arse. And then wait for their response. Sigh.................Show strength in the meeting.

Directly to Syria........................You use them again and your toast.

First off Syria IS NOT in the CWC
Second THERE IS NO PROOF
You goddamn war mongers!

"I was only fooling about that 'line crossing' stuff" -- Obama on advice from Freddo

Last edited:
In fairness, I do believe the Russians have a naval base in Syria... So the fact that they are moving ships into the area may very well be incidental.
Maybe. But a strong leader will always have a 'reasonable' excuse for a show of strength like that. Putin is putting Obama on notice.

I too have a navy and assets in the area.

If the world asks, well....we have a base in Syria. Plausible and effective. What a real leader does on the world stage.

Perhaps the US can throw insults at the Russians via a light coded message to show how we're not looking weak and ineffectual..

This is what happens when you announce your intentions to the whole world.

I call it, "leading with the chin."

"We are convinced that the Syrian military under the authority of their leader, President Assad, have used chemical weapons to kill thousands of their citizens, including children, women and men. We had hoped that the nations of the Middle East would be as appalled by his actions as have been the citizens of the United States.

"While some of the nations of the Middle East and Asia condemn him for his murderous actions, they remain unwilling to prevent further murders by using force to engage President Assad and his Military.

"The United States of America holds the power to prevent further reprehensible actions by President Assad and his Generals, but we will not do so alone. Unless the nations of the Middle East, Russian and Iran step forward to assist us in the prevention of the slaughter of the civilian population of Syria, we will stand aside. Should they choose not to prevent further carnage I will recommend to the Congress that future aid to the Military of members of the Arab League be canceled." I will not send American troops into the region to settle sectarian violence nor spend our nations resources in a region where lose, lose is the only alternative for the American people"

Well.......we're all real proud of ya s0n!!!:2up:

Well.......we're all real proud of ya s0n!!!:2up:

Gee Pop, thanks. I notice you're real good at offering nothing, how about for once offering a solution to the Syrian situation.

And the political definition of "red line" might be a point at which we engage in further blather? My guess is that the president might get a sudden urge to campaign somewhere and take in a little golf.

I would remove the blackmail...the Arab countries should make the decision of their own free will, not coercion.

I would also quietly re-instate the missile shield program in eastern Europe...that 'flexibility' bends both ways.

Otherwise, I agree 100%.

Last edited:
It is far too late for that.

Any way it is sliced, the US now comes out looking weak and ineffectual.

Only in your biased little mind.
Wow, really? That is all you have?

He lets this go on for over two years, and your little statement will make us look all powerful and wise?

Seriously?

BTW....It appears that the Russians are moving military assets into the Mediterranean to counter our build up.

What will Obama do now?

Maybe he'll telegraph his next move too!

the admin certainly deployed the "reset button" with Russia

reset it all the way back to the cold war

good going team obama

Good advice. It gets him off the hook for putting his foot in his mouth, and makes it impossible for him to attack Syria.

This is a joke right? Syria is land locked....

Ah, I have been shown the error of my ways and Syria actually does border the Med. My apologies....

Last edited:
Seeing as he doesn't have definitive evidence making a definitive statement would be stupid. And look up the word definitive before you comment eight balls.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back