🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If I were an adviser to President Obama

I would encourage him to make the following statement:

"We are convinced that the Syrian military under the authority of their leader, President Assad, have used chemical weapons to kill thousands of their citizens, including children, women and men. We had hoped that the nations of the Middle East would be as appalled by his actions as have been the citizens of the United States.

"While some of the nations of the Middle East and Asia condemn him for his murderous actions, they remain unwilling to prevent further murders by using force to engage President Assad and his Military.

"The United States of America holds the power to prevent further reprehensible actions by President Assad and his Generals, but we will not do so alone. Unless the nations of the Middle East, Russian and Iran step forward to assist us in the prevention of the slaughter of the civilian population of Syria, we will stand aside. Should they choose not to prevent further carnage I will recommend to the Congress that future aid to the Military of members of the Arab League be canceled." I will not send American troops into the region to settle sectarian violence nor spend our nations resources in a region where lose, lose is the only alternative for the American people"

The April use is confirmed rebel use. While the investigation continues from August. Did you have a point?

Proof?

Jeebus, do you turds ever read anything besides white house sponsored news?

BBC News - UN's Del Ponte says evidence Syria rebels 'used sarin'

6 May 2013 Last updated at 11:06 ET

UN's Del Ponte says evidence Syria rebels 'used sarin'

Testimony from victims of the conflict in Syria suggests rebels have used the nerve agent, sarin, a leading member of a UN commission of inquiry has said.

The April use is confirmed rebel use. While the investigation continues from August. Did you have a point?

Proof?

Jeebus, do you turds ever read anything besides white house sponsored news?

BBC News - UN's Del Ponte says evidence Syria rebels 'used sarin'

6 May 2013 Last updated at 11:06 ET

UN's Del Ponte says evidence Syria rebels 'used sarin'

Testimony from victims of the conflict in Syria suggests rebels have used the nerve agent, sarin, a leading member of a UN commission of inquiry has said.

LOL, did you read the next three paragraphs? If so you're a liar by omission. Anyone who doubts my assessment please look at the link he provided, and read the first four paragraphs.

"We are convinced that the Syrian military under the authority of their leader, President Assad, have used chemical weapons to kill thousands of their citizens, including children, women and men. We had hoped that the nations of the Middle East would be as appalled by his actions as have been the citizens of the United States.

"While some of the nations of the Middle East and Asia condemn him for his murderous actions, they remain unwilling to prevent further murders by using force to engage President Assad and his Military.

"The United States of America holds the power to prevent further reprehensible actions by President Assad and his Generals, but we will not do so alone. Unless the nations of the Middle East, Russian and Iran step forward to assist us in the prevention of the slaughter of the civilian population of Syria, we will stand aside. Should they choose not to prevent further carnage I will recommend to the Congress that future aid to the Military of members of the Arab League be canceled." I will not send American troops into the region to settle sectarian violence nor spend our nations resources in a region where lose, lose is the only alternative for the American people"

A statement such as this would have been much more effective if Obama had not already thrown down a ultimatum to Assad over the use of chemical weapons.

A statement such as this would have been much more effective if Obama had not already thrown down a ultimatum to Assad over the use of chemical weapons.

Yep. But we all misspeak. I've found trying to justify a poorly made comment is worse than simply admitting the error. Past Presidents aren't very good at that and when they lie that becomes the greater problem for them.

Obama can spin his remarks rather easily; of course his distractors will continue to attack his every word and deed. But better to be criticized (by now he should be immune) then to make an error that costs our nation blood and treasure.

Yep. But we all misspeak. I've found trying to justify a poorly made comment is worse than simply admitting the error. Past Presidents aren't very good at that and when they lie that becomes the greater problem for them.

Obama can spin his remarks rather easily; of course his distractors will continue to attack his every word and deed. But better to be criticized (by now he should be immune) then to make an error that costs our nation blood and treasure.

Are you saying Obama giving an ultimatum via the 'red line' was nothing more than 'he misspoke'?

Yes they will, as they should ... because he is (nearly) always spinning his remarks and people are tired of that shit.

You misspeak when you say 57 states or corpsman when you say more than once Assad must go and the use of chemical weapons will be a game changer you have gone past misspeaking.

I would advise The President to hit hard.

and not to pussyfoot in Syria......

I would tell him to redeem himself.... if he can ....and show the world USA is still the number one power in the world.

Then that's just me.

I would advise The President to hit hard.

and not to pussyfoot in Syria......

I would tell him to redeem himself.... if he can ....and show the world USA is still the number one power in the world.

Then that's just me.

Obama doesn't want us to be the number one anything. He does not see us as exceptional and he embraces an 'equally global' stance. He has found himself in quite a conundrum ... do nothing and re-enforce that his words are meaningless or strike Syria and possibly start WWIII.

Forum List

Back