🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If MLK were alive today the rightwingers would call his a race hustler

I agree with you that laws have changed but attitude changes are the true indicator of change, if there is no attitude change more and more laws are going to be createdcombat the same problem.

Changing a law on paper is easy however changing the way people feel is a much harder thing to change, that is a battle we are fighting to this very day.

And its the racist attitudes that necessitates changes in laws, so while I agree that laws have come a long way racism itself hasn't really changed, people have a habit of thinking that changes in laws=progress in *RACE RELATIONS*, they're separate things.

Laws are easy to change, people's lifetime mindset's on the other hand...not so easy.

Changing a law on paper is easy however changing the way people feel is a much harder thing to change, that is a battle we are fighting to this very day.

And its the racist attitudes that necessitates changes in laws, so while I agree that laws have come a long way racism itself hasn't really changed, people have a habit of thinking that changes in laws=progress in *RACE RELATIONS*, they're separate things.

Laws are easy to change, people's lifetime mindset's on the other hand...not so easy.

For sure. That's why it took hard federal force to make civil rights finally stick in the sixties.

"Get out of Afghanistan." "Get out of Iraq." "44th in the world for infant mortality: WTF?"

If you cared about Dr. King's dream you wouldn't be a race hustling bastard.

Translation: I had no real come back worthy of relevance now I will just attack and act like a spoiled, bratty teenager that says "Dad I hate you" when proven wrong.
You'd have a point if you'd actually proven me wrong.

You judge people by the color of their skin. Try to justify it all you want, but Dr. King didn't want that.

Further, no one is keeping you down. Any problems in your life are your own fault.

...says the guy that screams the govt is preventing Americans / Business / Economy from doing great. That is a hoot!

Jackson and Sharpton do a lot of things that King did in the civil rights movement, maybe not 100% but nevertheless they did some very similar things. Today, any African Americans who stands up against racism against minorities and doesn't fall within the rightwing spectrum politically is called a race hustler. When Larry Elder makes a book called "Stupid Black Men and how to play the race card" the rightwingers don't see that as "race hustling" since Elder is a black rightwinger, if Jackson or Sharpton criticizes racism they're race hustlers. King, with his record of fighting against racism would be called a race hustler by today's rightwingers.

Just as they did when he was alive.

If King did today what he did in the 60's, he would be a race hustler.

How so?:confused:

Well, it's kind of a logical paradox, because it assumes that the progress Dr. King achieved in the 60's happened even if he didn't exist until today. But if you accept that, then most of the injustice he protested has been righted so protesting it now would make him Al Sharpton.

Quick:

If The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King were alive today, what would HE be saying?

"Would you all stop judging each otherbased off of color of skin instead of content of character. Also, can we stop these laws that are based off race and go based off of people's actions instead"

I guess you never read:

A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Testament-Hope-Essential-Writings-Speeches/dp/0060646918]Amazon.com: A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr. (9780060646912): Martin Luther King, James M. Washington: Books[/ame]

Said one reviewer from June 2001-

This is a thought-provoking collection. I was fascinated by King's strong critique of that part of the white Christian establishment which opposed his movement. It is also intriguing to read that, apart from the Bible, King would choose Plato's "Republic" if he were to be marooned on the proverbial desert island with only one book. Also noteworthy is the emergence of King's multi-faith, global vision of humanity.

And lets stop pretending that MLK would be against Affirmative Action. He also recognized that the playing field between whites and blacks were not the same field. He also said "It’s all right to tell a man to lift himself by his own bootstraps, but it is cruel jest to say to a bootless man that he ought to lift himself by his own bootstraps."

He was talking about the lack of opportunity that blacks have in the free market. So stop pretending

And lets stop pretending that MLK would be against Affirmative Action. He also recognized that the playing field between whites and blacks were not the same field. He also said "It’s all right to tell a man to lift himself by his own bootstraps, but it is cruel jest to say to a bootless man that he ought to lift himself by his own bootstraps."

He was talking about the lack of opportunity that blacks have in the free market. So stop pretending

At the time there was an overwhelming need for affirmative action...that was 50 years ago.
Today...he would most certainly not support it. He understood that dependence only removes one shackle while placing on another.
I am sure he would be spending his time preaching about amorality and immorality, the twin problems of black culture today.

Quick:

If The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King were alive today, what would HE be saying?

"Would you all stop judging each otherbased off of color of skin instead of content of character. Also, can we stop these laws that are based off race and go based off of people's actions instead"
Then the "blame Whitey" crowd would have to take responsibility for themselves. Never happen.

Translation: I had no real come back worthy of relevance now I will just attack and act like a spoiled, bratty teenager that says "Dad I hate you" when proven wrong.

You judge people by the color of their skin. Try to justify it all you want, but Dr. King didn't want that.

Further, no one is keeping you down. Any problems in your life are your own fault.

...says the guy that screams the govt is preventing Americans / Business / Economy from doing great. That is a hoot!
Since Bass has refused to answer the question, maybe you can:

Who's keeping him down?

Wrong. He was talking about the lack of opportunity that blacks had in the free market. So stop pretending.

Since Bass has refused to answer the question, maybe you can:

Who's keeping him down?

Keeping who down?

Wrong. He was talking about the lack of opportunity that blacks had in the free market. So stop pretending.

If you think I meant MLK was alive today I could understand your confusion. But the point is the same.

Forum List

Back