If Republicans Cared About Families, They’d Stop Blocking Paid Leave

Cost of doing business. Same as all labor laws

The same labor laws that helped chase jobs out of our country?

Oh yes, we definitely need more of them.

Our workers are the most productive on earth. Work more hours, receive less benefits, less vacation time, retire later than anywhere else in the industrialized world

Conservative outrage over a woman wanting to spend time with an infant is just another indicator

Why should a woman who chose to have a baby be paid for taking time off when a woman who chooses not to have a baby still has to work for their paycheck?

Does that seem "fair" to you?

It's time our corporations learn a valuable fact

Employees have lives. They are entitled to have families, they are entitled to a reasonable work day, they are entitled to weekends and holidays. They are entitled to retiring at a reasonable age.

Other nations realize this basic fact and do not threaten or lay a guilt trip on employees who want to have a life outside of work

You on the left sure love your entitlements. Where are these entitlements written anyway? Certainly not the US Constitution.

The only entitlement that a potential worker has is to accept the job and terms or decline. That's it.
Everyone loves their entitlements

I love mine, you love yours
And god knows the wealthy love theirs

Our workers are the most productive on earth. Work more hours, receive less benefits, less vacation time, retire later than anywhere else in the industrialized world

Conservative outrage over a woman wanting to spend time with an infant is just another indicator

Why should a woman who chose to have a baby be paid for taking time off when a woman who chooses not to have a baby still has to work for their paycheck?

Employees have lives. They are entitled to have families, they are entitled to a reasonable work day, they are entitled to weekends and holidays. They are entitled to retiring at a reasonable age.

Other nations realize this basic fact and do not threaten or lay a guilt trip on employees who want to have a life outside of work

You on the left sure love your entitlements. Where are these entitlements written anyway? Certainly not the US Constitution.

The only entitlement that a potential worker has is to accept the job and terms or decline. That's it.

What entitlements do I have?

Cost of doing business. Same as all labor laws

You are NOT entitled to other people's money.

You are NOT entitled to acquire and maintain any job/career that you wish.

Who is disagreeing?

What entitlement do I have? I don't have any entitlements. I'm on the working side of society where entitlement funding comes from.

Who is disagreeing?

If you feel that you're entitled to higher wages, then you feel like you're entitled to somebody else's money.

Hard to say without knowing you

Did you or your kids go to public school? Do you take a tax deduction for your kids? Do you deduct your mortgage? How did you pay for college?

Who is disagreeing?

If you feel that you're entitled to higher wages, then you feel like you're entitled to somebody else's money.

If I work for wages, I am performing a task my employer is making profit off of.

Who is disagreeing?

If I work for wages, I am performing a task my employer is making profit off of.

Yep. He keeps most of the profit and gives you some of it.

Hard to say without knowing you

Did you or your kids go to public school? Do you take a tax deduction for your kids? Do you deduct your mortgage? How did you pay for college?

I have no children.
I paid my own way through college/university (I ran my own online business).
I didn't receive a penny in scholarships.
I did go to public school during high school, which isn't an "entitlement" since I pay taxes for it.
I have zero deductions in my mortgage.

Who is disagreeing?

Working isn't a charity though--you do receive money for your work. So while it's true that your employer SHOULD be making profit now and/or in the future based on your work, that's not always the case (especially in smaller companies).

The amount you make depends on many factors: your education, your experience, your skills, your performance, etc.

Everybody is replaceable at their job. If you're important enough to the company they're do what they need to do to keep you on board.

You don't actually know what "entitlements" are, do you comrade big guy?

Why of course I do

What I get I deserve
What you get is an entitlement

Why of course I do

What I get I deserve

What entitlement do I get? Admit it, you don't even know what that means

Unless it benefits you greedy white Republican dudes. ;)

What does "white" have to do with it?

And your sentence was inane, you just said greedy white Republican dudes can do charity with other people's money. You are an idiot, Polly

Ha, greedy white Republican dudes are all for that Corporate Welfare stuff. They have no problem helping their greedy white brethren with someone else's money. But God forbid they help out a poor struggling fellow American.

Why don't you just post that you're a fucking retard who parrots politicians, polly, and let it go at that?

You guys never met a Corporate Welfare Tax Break you didn't like. But God forbid you help fellow Americans who actually need the help.

Statistically, Republicans are way more generous to charity than Democrats. Do you know how much Al Gore or even Joe Biden gave to charity before they got busted?

Really??? And yet you've not posted the statistics; or links providing proof of your allegations or any data on Gore or VP Biden.

Of course that'a a genre perfected by members of the crazy right wing, and they do it well 'cause they actually believe BIG LIES.

Why of course I do

What I get I deserve

It's meaning is simple: "the condition of having a right to have, do, or get something" You've the right to:
  • criticize our government
  • own a gun
  • worship a deity (in your case the dollar)
  • be an asshole
Each of which you seem to do without penalty.

Maybe in your world workers don't look for every angle to increase their wage, especially when the boss burdens them with additional work.

Not in mine.

Only the dumbest progressive in the world would advocate employees not get paid for being forced to work harder

Happens all the time in the workplace with temporary leave

Employees have to cover when someone is on vacation or someone is sick

This is no different

Mandated 6 weeks?

You are looney

You think 6 weeks is alot?
Not enough for a mother to bond with her child.

Conservative mothers do not bond with their children

Kind of explains why they are so callous

Liberal mothers abort their children....

Why of course I do

What I get I deserve

Do you own a home?
Have kids?
Ever use public schools?

My guess is you live off the public tit but will never admit it....typical libertarian

Happens all the time in the workplace with temporary leave

Employees have to cover when someone is on vacation or someone is sick

This is no different

Mandated 6 weeks?

You are looney

You think 6 weeks is alot?
Not enough for a mother to bond with her child.

Conservative mothers do not bond with their children

Kind of explains why they are so callous

Liberal mothers abort their children....
So do conservative mothers

What does "white" have to do with it?

And your sentence was inane, you just said greedy white Republican dudes can do charity with other people's money. You are an idiot, Polly

Ha, greedy white Republican dudes are all for that Corporate Welfare stuff. They have no problem helping their greedy white brethren with someone else's money. But God forbid they help out a poor struggling fellow American.

Why don't you just post that you're a fucking retard who parrots politicians, polly, and let it go at that?

You guys never met a Corporate Welfare Tax Break you didn't like. But God forbid you help fellow Americans who actually need the help.

Statistically, Republicans are way more generous to charity than Democrats. Do you know how much Al Gore or even Joe Biden gave to charity before they got busted?

Really??? And yet you've not posted the statistics; or links providing proof of your allegations or any data on Gore or VP Biden.

Of course that'a a genre perfected by members of the crazy right wing, and they do it well 'cause they actually believe BIG LIES.

Biden gave average of $369 to charity a year
By USA TODAY

Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden and his wife gave an average of $369 a year to charity during the past decade, his tax records show.

Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama's campaign today released 10 years' worth of tax returns for Biden, a senator from Delaware, and his wife Jill, a community college instructor. The Bidens reported earning $319,853 last year, including $71,000 in royalties for his memoir, Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics.

The Bidens reported giving $995 in charitable donations last year — about 0.3% of their income and the highest amount in the past decade. The low was $120 in 1999, about 0.1% of yearly income.

Other vice presidents have been criticized over their charitable contributions.

Then-Vice President Al Gore came under fire when his 1997 tax return showed only $353 in donations to charity; he and his wife, Tipper, gave $15,000 to charity, or nearly 7% of their income, in each of the following two years.

When Vice President Dick Cheney was campaigning in 2000, he defended his family's charitable donations of $209,832, or about 1%, of the $20.6 million he earned from 1989 to 1999. "It's a private matter … a matter of private choice," Cheney said in 2000. Last year, Cheney and his wife, Lynne Cheney, donated more than $166,000 to charity, or about 5.5% of their income, according to the Chronicle of Philanthropy.

Biden gave average of $369 to charity a year

William Baldwin

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
My sister is a doctor and she once had a patient who had her tubes tied. Her husband had a vasectomy. She ended up pregnant.

Your sister should be the first one to tell you that tubals and vasectomies are horribly unreliable forms of contraception. They always grow back. Not sure what your point is here. Two people used unreliable forms of birth control and it didn't work. By George!

It doesn't always grow back. It does in some cases.

Nothing is perfect. Nothing is 100%. A couple could use birth control and still get pregnant.

Which is my point.

Even though nothing is perfect something is much better than nothing. Birth control should be free and available to everyone who wants it.

Employers should support pregnant women not fire them when they become pregnant.

Cool story. Seeing as it's already illegal to fire someone who gets pregnant, I still don't know what your point is supposed to be.

Even though it's illegal to do it, it happens every day. The employer just doesn't say they're firing the person because of pregnancy. They make up a different excuse.

My point is that if employers and our society supported pregnant women and mothers more women wouldn't have to give up a career because they became a mom or will become a mom. More kids would spend more time with their mom instead of being in a day care facility.

Paid family leave should be mandatory by law.

Forum List

Back