🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If someone slashes your face with a knife, do you have the Right to shoot them?

if the threat of harm is imminent then yes. if the threat has passed and you are just pissed and want vengeance then no but do it anyway. if you want to protect the public from this type of threat shoot them at least three times to make sure the job is done right!
In the topic example the attacker has plainly demonstrated that he is an armed menace to society, so shooting him while he's running away is perfectly justifiable. It can in no way be considered vengeance.

shooting him while he's running away

You took what I said seriously so I will respond seriously: The shooter will be prosecuted as the original perpetrator was retreating based on the example. Defense of another will not stand to exculpate the shooter. This is as perfect example of "two wrongs do not make a right".

To me if that is what it takes to make sure that nothing else can be done to you, then yes.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Your defense attorney will have an easier time defending you IF you dont shoot them in the back. Something about shooting someone when they are running away from you might cause the shooter a problem.
Not if he/she is justified in shooting him.

In the topic example, shooting this slasher in the back as he's escaping would be perfectly justifiable because of the imminent threat he represents. But if there are a lot of witnesses around it is advisable to verbally command him to stop before pulling the trigger.

Yeah....you can't shoot someone running away.....if you do you are going to jail.

if the threat of harm is imminent then yes. if the threat has passed and you are just pissed and want vengeance then no but do it anyway. if you want to protect the public from this type of threat shoot them at least three times to make sure the job is done right!
In the topic example the attacker has plainly demonstrated that he is an armed menace to society, so shooting him while he's running away is perfectly justifiable. It can in no way be considered vengeance.

You took what I said seriously so I will respond seriously: The shooter will be prosecuted as the original perpetrator was retreating based on the example. Defense of another will not stand to exculpate the shooter. This is as perfect example of "two wrongs do not make a right".

But the second "wrong" may very well save a future life.......

But the second "wrong" may very well save a future life.......
Maybe, maybe not who knows why the cutter did the cutting could be an old boyfriend who wanted his own brand of vengeance for a perceived wrong who did this or another copycat type. We are not in thew position to judge but to contact law enforcement or other authorized personnel and let them do their jobs.

Right after having your face slashed it's difficult to know the threat is passed.....dumbass.

Right after having your face slashed it's difficult to know the threat is passed.....dumbass.
When was the last time you had your face slashed asshole? If you have and you had no presence of mind that is clearly your problem.

When was the last time you had your face slashed asshole? If you have and you had no presence of mind that is clearly your problem.
Why don't you sit on a pitchfork and rotate.

I have been seriously wounded in boxing matches. Had a broken nose. Was hit by rocks and various other objects. A serious wound to the face or head area is very disorienting. Being sliced open is no cakewalk either. I have the scars to prove it...

I have been seriously wounded in boxing matches. Had a broken nose. Was hit by rocks and various other objects. A serious wound to the face or head area is very disorienting. Being sliced open is no cakewalk either. I have the scars to prove it...
Yep and so have I several times in real life not a controlled environment like a boxing ring.. I had the presence of mind to go to the cops and not shoot the guy who did the cutting. Each person is different and that is why we have laws to fit society as a whole.

Yep and so have I several times in real life not a controlled environment like a boxing ring.. I had the presence of mind to go to the cops and not shoot the guy who did the cutting. Each person is different and that is why we have laws to fit society as a whole.
So have I. I served in the Army and have been in combat.

So blow it out your fucking ass dirtbag.

Hey whatever your problem is is entirely yours.

I served as well big deal.

However, I did not ask to be brought up in the neighborhood I was raised. Tough place who knows maybe you were the guy who did the cutting with all the aggression you are showing here.:dunno:

However, I did not ask to be brought up in the neighborhood I was raised. Tough place who knows maybe you were the guy who did the cutting with all the aggression you are showing here.:dunno:
Where did you serve......in the Navy?

Were you a paper-pusher? A grease-monkey? A cook?

I was a Green Beret. So don't talk to me about having it rough. You have no fucking clue how rough it can get.

Yes.....they are having an epidemic of face slashings in New York, the city that makes it almost impossible for it's citizens to exercise their Constitutional Right to carry a gun for self defense. The democrats there are following the democrats of the past and using taxes, fines and fees, and paperwork delays to do this. The old democrats used these same tactics to keep blacks from exercising their right to vote.

so.......with an epidemic of face slashings....do you have the Right to shoot someone who slashes you in the face?

Another New York Woman Has Face Slashed in Sneak Attack - Breitbart

Another woman has had her face viciously slashed in a sneak attack on a New York street, making the attack the 471st such slashing this year.

20-year-old Paula Delos Santos told the media she has departed the No. 2 train in the Bronx when a Hispanic man walked up behind her, slashed her in the face, knocked her to the ground, kicked her, then stole her purse and ran off.

“It all happened very quickly. I was terrified, very frantic, hysterical. I had blood all over me. I thought it was because he kicked me in the face,” the young student told the New York Post.

“All of a sudden, I feel a presence behind me, so I turn to look and he grabbed my phone, and my first instinct was to grasp on tighter to the phone,” Santos said. “I think he took that as me trying to fight back. I didn’t really see what he cut me with, he just slashed my cheek.”

Santo described her attacker as a Hispanic man, standing five-foot-five, in his thirties, and wearing a beanie. He is suspected of using a box cutter razor blade on the victim. The vicious criminal got away with the young woman’s identification, cash, and cell phone.
In New York City, the answer is NO for most because it is so difficult to have a CWP.

I was a Green Beret. So don't talk to me about having it rough. You have no fucking clue how rough it can get.
Is that a threat or just a blow hard remark. Each instance you cited : boxing ring, Green beret was voluntary you knew the risks there were no surprise face slicers lurking about. The pissing contest you initiated is meritless compared to what a person who was jumped and cut, without their consent had to endure. Most people, would be in shock unable to actually carry out the act of aiming , taking a shot and making that shot effective enough to cause death, unless like you they were trained for the situation and then that is taken into account when they are on trial for killing another.

Is that a threat or just a blow hard remark. Each instance you cited : boxing ring, Green beret was voluntary you knew the risks there were no surprise face slicers lurking about. The pissing contest you initiated is meritless compared to what a person who was jumped and cut, without their consent had to endure. Most people, would be in shock unable to actually carry out the act of aiming , taking a shot and making that shot effective enough to cause death, unless like you they were trained for the situation and then that is taken into account when they are on trial for killing another.
Basically......I'm trying to convey to you that I think you have your head up your ass.....and that you basically haven't a clue what it's like to be under attack, if you think that everybody has all of their faculties when they have just been assaulted. Being trained for it is one thing. Having to live through it is another.

Now you're claiming that they would be in shock.......which is exactly my point. So what you just did was change your position.....because you knew you couldn't win.

So quit talking out of your ass and spare me the lecture.

Forum List

Back