If Ted Cruz Was Born in Canada, He Cannot Be President: PERIOD

If it's true that Cruz was born in Canada, then he can't be President.

• Yes, that's what the Constitution says.

• No, we can make yet another exception to US Law and it won't set a dangerous precedent.

Results are only viewable after voting.
None of those you quoted are in the Constitution.

As has been pointed out repeatedly, the Constitution doesn't define natural born citizenship. Which you'd know if you'd read it. With the Supreme Court recognizing these terms must be gleaned from English Common Law:

Wong Kim Ark v US said:
The Constitution nowhere defines the meaning of these words, either by way of inclusion or of exclusion, except insofar as this is done by the affirmative declaration that "all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States." In this as in other respects, it must be interpreted in the light of the common law, the principles and history of which were familiarly known to the framers of the Constitution.

United States v. Wong Kim Ark

To which you again reply 'uh-uh'. Yeah, I'm gonna go with the Supreme Court on how to glean the meaning of terms the constitution uses but doesn't define. Not you.

As would any rational person.

So, shall we try again for possible penetration of an apparently thick skull.

What is the applicable part of the Constitution of the United States that states Ted Cruz is not eligible to be President of the United States?

If we're using the originalist intepretation of the constitution, it would be the natural born citizen requirement. Which would be Article II, Section 1, Paragraph 5.

And since the constitution doesn't define the term 'natural born' (as has been explained to you slowly and repeatedly), we have to go elsewhere to find out the meaning.

To which your reply is still 'uh-uh'.

So, you admit making it up completely and that you have no constitutional reference as to why he is not eligible.?

Wow. You really haven't been paying attention. The constitution doesn't define natural born citizen. Which you didn't know until I told you. So we have to use other sources. The Supreme Court came to the exact same conclusion.

I've quoted the other sources. James Madison. The United States Supreme Court. English Common Law. The State Department. And you ignored every single one of them. Even though they affirmed that allegiance follows place of birth, not parentage...or that citizenship by blood is not embodied in the constitution.

Sorry....but the Supreme Court, James Madison, English Common law and the State Department are far better sources than you citing yourself. No matter how hard you ignore them.

You have read an seen (presumably) the US law that states Cruz was a citizen at birth. That is the applicable document to reference. Ignoring it just shows your inability to process information logically.

And where does US law indicate that Cruz is a natural born citizen? Here's the United States Code. All 52 Volumes of it. Show where it defines natural born citizen:

OLRC Home

You can't. The term doesn't appear in US law. Yet in defiance of all logic and reason, you insist that US law defines natural born citizenship.....despite the fact that it neither defines natural born citizenship nor even use the term.

That's not 'logical'. That's wildly irrational. And defines nothing legally. Nor have you offered any source, from any era, that backs anything you've said about natural born citizenship.

Its just you...citing this math teacher you know. And that math teacher knows jack shit. And is ignoring James Madison, the US Supreme Court, English Common law and the State Department while babbling ignorantly about a topic he clearly doesn't understand.

Am I suppose to surrender the discussion because you want to cut and past every distraction and not-applicable article you can find?

I have no idea what you are talking about. Have a good day and enjoy your delirium.
It's actually very simple and easy to understand.

There are only two types of citizens:

Natural born citizen

Naturalized citizen

If one realizes his citizenship absent the naturalization process, then he's a natural born citizen, eligible to be president – McCain, Obama, Cruz.

That is what I have been saying all thread.

After thoroughly debating it they determined he was indeed eligible. Just as Cruz is today.

Seems the left can't defend the their candidates so they must try and destroy the opposition.

I'm in the middle. Cruz has a Canadian birth certificate. The Constitution is clear. He can't be president.

your argument is flawed, Obama held dual citizenship, Kenya and U.S. He was elected, twice.

Kenya did not exist when Obama was born.

After thoroughly debating it they determined he was indeed eligible. Just as Cruz is today.

Seems the left can't defend the their candidates so they must try and destroy the opposition.

I'm in the middle. Cruz has a Canadian birth certificate. The Constitution is clear. He can't be president.

your argument is flawed, Obama held dual citizenship, Kenya and U.S. He was elected, twice.

Yet another "birther" idiot. Obama never even went to Kenya until after he was an adult. He DID however spend some time in Indonesia, traveling with his mother, but if you actually knew anything, you would know that Indonesia is a full continent away from Kenya.

Well Birthers are idiots- but there is no evidence LTC is a Birther- Obama was born a dual citizen, first of the British empire and then when Kenya became an independent country, a Kenyan citizen- but at 21 or 23, he lost Kenyan citizenship when he did not legally claim it.

Kenya did not exist when Obama was born.

You are correct Admiral, Obama was born in 1961, and Kenya gained it's independence from Britain in 1963.

Yet another "birther" idiot. Obama never even went to Kenya until after he was an adult. He DID however spend some time in Indonesia, traveling with his mother, but if you actually knew anything, you would know that Indonesia is a full continent away from Kenya.

Well Birthers are idiots- but there is no evidence LTC is a Birther- Obama was born a dual citizen, first of the British empire and then when Kenya became an independent country, a Kenyan citizen- but at 21 or 23, he lost Kenyan citizenship when he did not legally claim it.

How could he gain Kenyan citizenship when he was born in Hawaii, and didn't even set foot in the country until AFTER he was an adult? Incidentally, the country that he lived in overseas wasn't Kenya, it was Indonesia, a country a full continent away from Kenya.

How could he gain Kenyan citizenship when he was born in Hawaii, and didn't even set foot in the country until AFTER he was an adult? Incidentally, the country that he lived in overseas wasn't Kenya, it was Indonesia, a country a full continent away from Kenya.

Kenyan citizenship is defined by Kenyan law. Not ours. And in Kenya you're a citizen is your father was a citizen. However, if by 23 you don't formally affirm that citizenship, you lose it.

Which is the pattern that Obama followed.

Kenyan citizenship is defined by Kenyan law. Not ours. And in Kenya you're a citizen is your father was a citizen. However, if by 23 you don't formally affirm that citizenship, you lose it.

Got a legitimate link to back up your fatherhood citizenship claim?

What would you accept as backing up the claim? I can show you Kenyan law saying as much.

Never mind. Found it myself. It doesn't specify the father, it says that if at birth, EITHER of the parents is found to have Kenyan citizenship, they are considered Kenyan by birth. But, the US does the same thing, but I don't think it applies if Obama's mother was divorced from his father at the time he was born.

Skylar may have it- I am not interested enough to find a link- but he is right- which by the way is essentially the same way Cruz is a U.S. citizen- because his mother was a U.S. citizen.

There are probably lots more American citizens that are unwitting dual citizens due to the laws of their parents- or grandparents home country.

Never mind. Found it myself. It doesn't specify the father, it says that if at birth, EITHER of the parents is found to have Kenyan citizenship, they are considered Kenyan by birth. But, the US does the same thing, but I don't think it applies if Obama's mother was divorced from his father at the time he was born.

Why do you really care? Obama has acknowledged he was born a British subject- and it was- and is- irrelevant to his Presidency.

Here's a Factcheck.org outlining both the British Nationality Act of 1948 (which would cover Obama when he was born) and the Kenyan Constitution in 1963. The Kenyan Constitution explicitly forbids dual citizenship for adults, but allows it for children. If by 23 a person does not renounce their dual citizen and become a Kenyan citizen exclusively, Kenya strips them of Kenyan citizenship. Obama didn't renounce his US citizenship. So when he became 23, he lost Kenyan citizenship.

Obama’s Kenyan Citizenship?

It doesn't matter what you think. It matters what the Kenyans think. As this is all their law. It has nothing to do with us. Its essentially irrelevant to US law.

And you'll note there are no exceptions for divorce or never having visited the country until your 20s. There is only the prohibition against dual citizenship for adults.

That and only that is what caused Obama to lose his Kenyan citizenship.

His father was Kenyan, and YES, he held dual citizenship....look it up

Whatever the court says it is. But I'm pretty sure you can gauge what I think from my post.

Why do you think the phrase "natural born citizen" was intentionally used instead of citizen"?

Is a person born within the borders of the U.S. an natural born citizen?
Is a person born outside the borders of the U.S. because one or both of the parents are in the military (i.e. Germany, Japan, Korea) a natural born citizen?
Is a person born outside the borders of the U.S. but one or both parents are U.S. citizens and working overseas a natural born citizen?

You didn't answer the question, what is a "natural born citizen"?

Whatever the court says it is. But I'm pretty sure you can gauge what I think from my post.

Why do you think the phrase "natural born citizen" was intentionally used instead of citizen"?

I fully answered the question.

You failed to answer mine.-- which is why use the term "natural citizen" if they only cared about the president bring a citizen"? I know what I believe. But the court will address the issue.

As for being born out of the country on a military base- a military base is American territory. That is why John McCain was eligible for the presidency despite being born in Panama.

That issue is an old one.

which is why use the term "natural citizen" if they only cared about the president bring a citizen"

They didn't want one who was naturalized.

I've read certain sources saying Cruz was naturalized because his parents had lived in Canada for 8 years prior to his birth. You might want to check

I thought it was 4 years. Wiki says 3 years.

Ted Cruz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thanks. i saw another earlier that said 8. sometimes the internets are lacking in accurate, verifiable information....

His father was Kenyan, and YES, he held dual citizenship....look it up

he was never a kenyan citizen. he obtained indonesian citizenship when his mother married his stepfather, iirc.

different circumstance since this president was born in hawaii. (for the uninitiated, hawaii is part of the united states)

it is well established law that kids born outside of the USA

of American citizens they in fact are American citizens as well

Only if one of the parents had lived in the u.s. Got a period of time prior to the birth. Offhand I don't recall how long.

the retention requirement was eliminated in 1978

i don't believe that's the case. at least not based on what i read today. and if it was, would cruz have been grandfathered in?

like i said.... the court will define the term natural born citizen.

it is well established law that kids born outside of the USA

of American citizens they in fact are American citizens as well

Only if one of the parents had lived in the u.s. Got a period of time prior to the birth. Offhand I don't recall how long.

the retention requirement was eliminated in 1978

i don't believe that's the case. at least not based on what i read today. and if it was, would cruz have been grandfathered in?

like i said.... the court will define the term natural born citizen.

it looks more like he was born in or out of wedlock

Rafael Eduardo Cruz was a Canadian citizen until he decided he could usurp the Presidency and renounced a couple years ago. He spent the majority of his life as a Canadian citizen. And his father was a close ally of Fidel Castro.

Where's the birth certificate Mr. Cruz? What are you hiding?
If an American man had sired him to a Canadian woman and he was raised there...renouncing doesn't help. All would agree he is Canadian by birth and imprinting. He cannot run. And it makes me sick. He would've been great. But the left will challenge him in Court and they will win. This country can't afford to change leadership mid-stride. Or maybe the Vice President hopeful was wishing for that lawsuit? Who knows. Jesus, can't we get anything legal or straight these days? Are we that far gone into Idiocracy? This man should have been told at the outset, "if an American man sires you on foreign soil and you were born there, and worse, raised there, you cannot be president of the US. Period. No exceptions."

You can't violate the Constitution. Nobody! No exceptions! Ever! There are real compelling reasons of pure wisdom why these foundational edicts were put into place! If you don't like the Constitution, your only remedy to changing it is 2/3 majority in Congress. They thought that one through too...so that minority interests couldn't come along and radically alter basic precepts of the Sublime Document of Democracy. If Ted Cruz can be born to an American mother in Canada and raised Canadian...then by precedent of Law, Omar Abdullah born to an American man in Iran, raised in Iran can also be President of the US.

People, USE YOUR BRAINS!
You used the word imprint and I take it you mean brainwashed. People speak funny in Canada and I for sure would not want to be born there.

Forum List

Back