If Ted Cruz Was Born in Canada, He Cannot Be President: PERIOD

If it's true that Cruz was born in Canada, then he can't be President.

• Yes, that's what the Constitution says.

• No, we can make yet another exception to US Law and it won't set a dangerous precedent.

Results are only viewable after voting.
breitbart-obama-booklet.jpg.cf.jpg

SSDD. Miriam Goderich. Hawaii, birth certificate. Registar, two confirmations. No official police report from Maricopa.

So.....now that we've done that dance again, what's your source about statutory citizens, natural born, etc?

Its not the constitution. Its not US law. What is it?

His father was Kenyan, and YES, he held dual citizenship....look it up

he was never a kenyan citizen. he obtained indonesian citizenship when his mother married his stepfather, iirc.

different circumstance since this president was born in hawaii. (for the uninitiated, hawaii is part of the united states)

Uhhhhh, yes he did have a Kenyan citizenship, in fact, until he was 23 years old.

that's false... but it is one of the conspiracy theories passed around by the right

Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No- it is true- Barack Obama was born a dual citizen of the United States and the British empire- and his British citizenship became Kenyan citizenship when Kenya became an independent country.

Of course that has no legal relevance.

Meanwhile- Cruz is eligible.

no. read the link.

but it's amusing how many delusions the right spreads about the president's citizenship.

whether cruz is eligible will be determined by the court. but i doubt at this point it's going to be an issue.

I have been at the Birther rodeo since the beginning- I don't need a wikipedia link
Obama’s Kenyan Citizenship?

of course this is totally irrelevant legally- just as Cruz's dual canadian/u.s. citizenship at birth is irrelevant.

His father was Kenyan, and YES, he held dual citizenship....look it up

he was never a kenyan citizen. he obtained indonesian citizenship when his mother married his stepfather, iirc.

different circumstance since this president was born in hawaii. (for the uninitiated, hawaii is part of the united states)

Uhhhhh, yes he did have a Kenyan citizenship, in fact, until he was 23 years old.

that's false... but it is one of the conspiracy theories passed around by the right

No- it is true- Barack Obama was born a dual citizen of the United States and the British empire- and his British citizenship became Kenyan citizenship when Kenya became an independent country.

no. read the link.

but it's amusing how many delusions the right spreads about the president's citizenship.

whether cruz is eligible will be determined by the court. but i doubt at this point it's going to be an issue.

Did....did you read your own source. As this is what Wikipedia has to say on the matter:

This turned out to be incorrect according to FactCheck.org, which noted that Obama was indeed born a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies (CUKC) under British law, by virtue of his descent from a Kenyan father at a time when Kenya was a British colony, but lost CUKC citizenship and became a Kenyan citizen when that country gained independence in 1963. However, Kenya's constitution prohibits dual citizenship in adulthood. Obama therefore automatically lost his Kenyan citizenship on his 23rd birthday, in 1984, by failing to formally renounce any non-Kenyan citizenship and swear an oath of allegiance to Kenya

Exactly what we've said. He was a dual citizen. But lost it on his 23rd birthday.

Obama like Cruz is not a natural born Citizen. The picture below explains everything. They wanted a president born with sole allegiance to America.

img1A5.jpg

Cruz is not eligible. He is a statutory Citizen. A statutory Citizen (bestowed by man's pen/positive law) can never be made into a natural born Citizen (bestowed by God/nature/natural law).

There is no such thing as a statutory citizen.
Yes there is.

Feel free to show us the reference in the Constitution.

The Constitution mentions two kinds of citizens- and two kinds only- naturalized and natural born.

no. read the link.

Did....did you read your own source. As this is what Wikipedia has to say on the matter:

This turned out to be incorrect according to FactCheck.org, which noted that Obama was indeed born a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies (CUKC) under British law, by virtue of his descent from a Kenyan father at a time when Kenya was a British colony, but lost CUKC citizenship and became a Kenyan citizen when that country gained independence in 1963. However, Kenya's constitution prohibits dual citizenship in adulthood. Obama therefore automatically lost his Kenyan citizenship on his 23rd birthday, in 1984, by failing to formally renounce any non-Kenyan citizenship and swear an oath of allegiance to Kenya

Exactly what we've said. He was a dual citizen. But lost it on his 23rd birthday.

no. read the link.

under british law. as near as i can tell, he neither did anything to claim or deny that statutory "gift".

he was an is an american citizen. wasting time on comparing him to cruz, who was BORN IN CANADA... isn something the wingers love.

they really shouldn't be encouraged in this endeavor.

or does it amuse you to conflate the issues?

no. read the link.

no. read the link.

under british law. as near as i can tell, he neither did anything to claim or deny that statutory "gift".

he was an is an american citizen. wasting time on comparing him to cruz, who was BORN IN CANADA... isn something the wingers love.

Jillian....your own source acknowleges that Obama was a citizen of Kenya until he was 23.

Obama therefore automatically lost his Kenyan citizenship on his 23rd birthday, in 1984, by failing to formally renounce any non-Kenyan citizenship and swear an oath of allegiance to Kenya.

This is your source. Either your source is reliable. Or it isn't. You indicated it was reliable on this topic by citing it.

You can't ignore it now that it contradicts you.

Cruz is not eligible. He is a statutory Citizen. A statutory Citizen (bestowed by man's pen/positive law) can never be made into a natural born Citizen (bestowed by God/nature/natural law).

A statutory Citizen (bestowed by man's pen/positive law) can never be made into a natural born Citizen (bestowed by God/nature/natural law).

Cool. Now if only the Constitution agreed with you.

no. read the link.

no. read the link.

Birthers amuse me.

I have been contradicting Birther idiots like Stevie the Racist with the facts since 2009- and along the way I learned a lot about President Obama.

Factcheck has the details- President Obama even acknowledged he was born a citizen of the British empire.

Ted Cruz is eligible because his mother was apparently a U.S. citizen when he was born.
President Obama was eligible because he was born in the United States.

That they were both dual citizens at birth is just an amusing coincidence that is fun to watch birthers heads spin because of.

A statutory Citizen (bestowed by man's pen/positive law) can never be made into a natural born Citizen (bestowed by God/nature/natural law).

I wonder how many citizen's God has made?

And what if two God's disagree on citizenship?

Obama like Cruz is not a natural born Citizen. The picture below explains everything. They wanted a president born with sole allegiance to America.

img1A5.jpg
Which I am sure you would think was otherwise if he had been white

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Now if you are born in Canada in a Canadian hospital why the hell wouldn't your birth certificate be canadian? Since it is just a record of birth. ... you guys are ignorant.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
A Canadian birth certificate means you can't run for president in the US.

Not true. I swear you have to the most ignorant poster I have ever encountered. What color is the sky on your planet?

So what exactly is a natural born citizen in your opinion?

Whatever the court says it is. But I'm pretty sure you can gauge what I think from my post.

Why do you think the phrase "natural born citizen" was intentionally used instead of citizen"?

Is a person born within the borders of the U.S. an natural born citizen?
Is a person born outside the borders of the U.S. because one or both of the parents are in the military (i.e. Germany, Japan, Korea) a natural born citizen?
Is a person born outside the borders of the U.S. but one or both parents are U.S. citizens and working overseas a natural born citizen?

You didn't answer the question, what is a "natural born citizen"?

So what exactly is a natural born citizen in your opinion?

Whatever the court says it is. But I'm pretty sure you can gauge what I think from my post.

Why do you think the phrase "natural born citizen" was intentionally used instead of citizen"?

I fully answered the question.

You failed to answer mine.-- which is why use the term "natural citizen" if they only cared about the president bring a citizen"? I know what I believe. But the court will address the issue.

As for being born out of the country on a military base- a military base is American territory. That is why John McCain was eligible for the presidency despite being born in Panama.

That issue is an old one.

George Romney was born in Mexico and he was still eligible to run for President.

I don't believe that was ever litigated.

The Supreme Court has long recognized that two particularly useful sources in understanding constitutional terms are British common law3. See Smith v. Alabama, 124 U.S. 465, 478 (1888). and enactments of the First Congress.4. See Wisconsin v. Pelican Ins. Co., 127 U.S. 265, 297 (1888). Both confirm that the original meaning of the phrase “natural born Citizen” includes persons born abroad who are citizens from birth based on the citizenship of a parent.

Litigation wasn't warranted. It's as plain as the wart on your face.

The stone wall you're up against is that the founding fathers made a point of differentiating and specifically insisting on "natural born" only for POTUS. You can't say "well they were speaking generally so we can interpret it any number of ways". No, you can't. They made a fuss about natural born for POTUS only. And that's that. A Canadian birth certificate means Ted Cruz can't run. I wanted to vote for him, so it's a bummer.

Any challenge to SCOTUS (and yes, the dems will bring one) about what the FF meant when they said "natural born" when it comes to POTUS only will find without a shadow of a doubt that anyone born with a foreign birth certificate does not qualify at all. It will be a cut and dried decision. 8-1 And 1 only dissenting because he's been paid off politically.

Forum List

Back