If Ted Cruz Was Born in Canada, He Cannot Be President: PERIOD

If it's true that Cruz was born in Canada, then he can't be President.

• Yes, that's what the Constitution says.

• No, we can make yet another exception to US Law and it won't set a dangerous precedent.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Harvard Law Review Forum
On the Meaning of “Natural Born Citizen”

[SNIP]There are plenty of serious issues to debate in the upcoming presidential election cycle. The less time spent dealing with specious objections to candidate eligibility, the better. Fortunately, the Constitution is refreshingly clear on these eligibility issues. To serve, an individual must be at least thirty-five years old and a “natural born Citizen.” Thirty-four and a half is not enough and, for better or worse, a naturalized citizen cannot serve. But as Congress has recognized since the Founding, a person born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent is generally a U.S. citizen from birth with no need for naturalization. And the phrase “natural born Citizen” in the Constitution encompasses all such citizens from birth. Thus, an individual born to a U.S. citizen parent — whether in California or Canada or the Canal Zone — is a U.S. citizen from birth and is fully eligible to serve as President if the people so choose.[/SNIP]

Yep- only Birther idiots like Donald Trump believe otherwise.

Seems lots of liberals and RINO'S do also!

As far as I am aware- Donald Trump is the only Presidential Candidate who has said he has Birther doubts about Cruz. Sure he is a RINO but most Birthers are just idiot Conservatives

How about that, The Donald, as you liberals would put it...MISSPOKE!

No, his mother could be a US citizen, have a baby in Iran and raise him there in his formative years, then that baby would be eligible for US Presidency. This isn't more "Trump Stupid". I hate Donald Trump. This is US Law. We want the next conservative leadership to not be impeachable by the left. A president must be born on US soil or outposts. Ted Cruz was not. He could have been born in Iran with an American mom. Or in Russia. Or Red China. You do not want to allow such a precedent to be set to destroy the Constitution.

The US Code disagrees with you and we are still a nation of laws.

Uncle Ferd says, "Heck, why not?

... ever'body knows Obama was born in Kenya."

Two wrongs do not make a right. And this is exactly what I'm talking about. If Obama was born in Kenya to an American mom, he is a KENYAN. That's because he spent formative years in Kenya. Where a child is stamped determines their mind; which culture. And this is precisely why the founding fathers set up this wise law of requirement for birth on US soil or outposts...regardless of which country the mother came from. And, since you cannot discriminated women to men...if an American man sired a child with a foreign woman in a foreign land, that child could not be president. NOBODY would argue that.t.

Oh actually anyone who believes Ted Cruz is eligible- like I do- would argue with you on that.

No one would argue that a child born in the United States who was whisked off to Ireland and raised in Ireland is still a natural born citizen. Because birth within the United States certainly establishes Natural born citizenship- regardless of where the child is subsequently raised. The writers of the Constitution addressed this by requiring in addition to being a NBC, that a President have been a resident in the United States for 14 years.

Now- what about a person born outside the United States? The Constitution actually doesn't define Natural Born Citizen- we know that anyone born in the United States is a natural born citizen(other than those born to foreign diplomats)- and we also know that the Constitution only provides for two forms of citizenship- Natural Born- and Naturalized.

Children born to American citizen's outside the United States are born U.S. citizens. While this is far from settled law, in my opinion, this makes Cruz a natural born citizen- because he was never naturalized.

May I add, Ted Cruz was a US Citizen at birth according to US law so he did not have to be naturalized.

Two wrongs do not make a right. And this is exactly what I'm talking about. If Obama was born in Kenya to an American mom, he is a KENYAN. That's because he spent formative years in Kenya. Where a child is stamped determines their mind; which culture. And this is precisely why the founding fathers set up this wise law of requirement for birth on US soil or outposts...regardless of which country the mother came from. And, since you cannot discriminated women to men...if an American man sired a child with a foreign woman in a foreign land, that child could not be president. NOBODY would argue that.t.

Oh actually anyone who believes Ted Cruz is eligible- like I do- would argue with you on that.

No one would argue that a child born in the United States who was whisked off to Ireland and raised in Ireland is still a natural born citizen. Because birth within the United States certainly establishes Natural born citizenship- regardless of where the child is subsequently raised. The writers of the Constitution addressed this by requiring in addition to being a NBC, that a President have been a resident in the United States for 14 years.

Now- what about a person born outside the United States? The Constitution actually doesn't define Natural Born Citizen- we know that anyone born in the United States is a natural born citizen(other than those born to foreign diplomats)- and we also know that the Constitution only provides for two forms of citizenship- Natural Born- and Naturalized.

Children born to American citizen's outside the United States are born U.S. citizens. While this is far from settled law, in my opinion, this makes Cruz a natural born citizen- because he was never naturalized.

May I add, Ted Cruz was a US Citizen at birth according to US law so he did not have to be naturalized.

I agree almost entirely. On Cruz and almost everyone else, you're 100% right. But as a point of accuracy, there is one exception.

Puerto Ricans.

Congress found it necessary for some reason to designate them 'naturalized at birth'. Which is unique in US law. No other group of US citizens are similarly designated.

Rafael Eduardo Cruz is a communist plant. His father was like family to Fidel Castro.

Oh, sure, now you don't like communist plants.
I've always been against communist plants. That's why Obama shouldn't be President and neither should Rafael Eduardo Cruz! We can't make the same mistake twice! Where's the birth certificate?! Stand with me!

Right here.

"One day after Sen. Ted Cruz released his birth certificate to the media, showing that he was born in Canada, he said he would renounce his Canadian citizenship.
The Texas Republican shared his birth certificate Sunday with The Dallas Morning News. It shows his place of birth as Calgary, Alberta, to an American mother, a fact which conferred upon him American citizenship."

Read more: Cruz rejects Canadian citizenship

Harvard Law Review Forum

[SNIP]There are plenty of serious issues to debate in the upcoming presidential election cycle. The less time spent dealing with specious objections to candidate eligibility, the better. Fortunately, the Constitution is refreshingly clear on these eligibility issues. To serve, an individual must be at least thirty-five years old and a “natural born Citizen.” Thirty-four and a half is not enough and, for better or worse, a naturalized citizen cannot serve. But as Congress has recognized since the Founding, a person born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent is generally a U.S. citizen from birth with no need for naturalization. And the phrase “natural born Citizen” in the Constitution encompasses all such citizens from birth. Thus, an individual born to a U.S. citizen parent — whether in California or Canada or the Canal Zone — is a U.S. citizen from birth and is fully eligible to serve as President if the people so choose.[/SNIP]

As far as I am aware- Donald Trump is the only Presidential Candidate who has said he has Birther doubts about Cruz. Sure he is a RINO but most Birthers are just idiot Conservatives

How did Trump 'misspoke'?

"If he was born in Canada, perhaps not." Trump told ABC's Jonathan Karl
Donald Trump is a Ted Cruz birther

"He was born in Canada. If you know and when we all studied our history lessons, you are supposed to be born in this country, so I just don't know how the courts would rule on it. It's an additional hurdle that he has," Trump added, hinting that Cruz wouldn't qualify as a "natural born citizen," one of the constitutional requirements for a U.S. president.

Rafael Eduardo Cruz is a communist plant. His father was like family to Fidel Castro.

I've always been against communist plants. That's why Obama shouldn't be President and neither should Rafael Eduardo Cruz! We can't make the same mistake twice! Where's the birth certificate?! Stand with me!

Right here.

"One day after Sen. Ted Cruz released his birth certificate to the media, showing that he was born in Canada, he said he would renounce his Canadian citizenship.
The Texas Republican shared his birth certificate Sunday with The Dallas Morning News. It shows his place of birth as Calgary, Alberta, to an American mother, a fact which conferred upon him American citizenship."

I want to see the official long form birth certificate. Not the shoddy conjob his people drew up to satiate the masses.

Right here.

I want to see the official long form birth certificate. Not the shoddy conjob his people drew up to satiate the masses.

And what about having certified document examiners inspect it! And Donald's crack investigators! and Sheriff Arpaio has to confirm it before anyone can consider that to be a real Birth Certificate.

LOL...

Right here.

And what about having certified document examiners inspect it! And Donald's crack investigators! and Sheriff Arpaio has to confirm it before anyone can consider that to be a real Birth Certificate.

LOL...

Looks like Sheriff Joe better get his passport and parka ready. Because the Cold Case Posse is going to Canada!

Harvard Law Review Forum

"He was born in Canada. If you know and when we all studied our history lessons, you are supposed to be born in this country, so I just don't know how the courts would rule on it. It's an additional hurdle that he has," Trump added, hinting that Cruz wouldn't qualify as a "natural born citizen," one of the constitutional requirements for a U.S. president.

Sounds like he misspoke to me.... remember the Hildebeast MISSPOKE!

Try 2:10 of this Chris Matthews video!

Right here.

On a slightly more serious note...(only slightly) the funny thing about comparing the Birther claims about Obama versus the case against Cruz is that Cruz's eligibility rests entirely upon his mother being a U.S. Citizen when he was born.

Nobody is asking for proof that Cruz's mother was a U.S. citizen. Cruz's BC is pretty much irrelevant other than to identify who his mother was- all his BC proves is that he was born a natural born citizen of Canada.

Why every single Birther who refuses to believe that Barack Obama was born in Hawaii- despite seeing his birth certificate- and despite the State of Hawaii repeatedly confirming it also accepts without question that Cruz's mother was a U.S. citizen is just typical of Birther hypocrisy- and idiocy.

Right here.

LOL...

Exactly! We need the TRUTH!!!

Sounds like he misspoke to me....
A]

Is that what you reassure yourself whenever Trump says anything you call a "RINO" statement from anyone else?

A]

Is that what you reassure yourself whenever Trump says anything you call a "RINO" statement from anyone else?

Is the man perfect? OR just better than anyone else, including a lying, corrupt, criminal, murderous bitch on your side of the aisle!

BTW, Stupidly Ted told me, to tell you....

BiyJQEaCQAE0NCH.jpg

A]

Is the man perfect? OR just better than anyone else, including a lying, corrupt, criminal, murderous bitch on your side of the aisle!

Why are you calling Trump a bitch? That isn't nice.

No- Trump is not perfect- he is the candidate the GOP deserves- the Birther the GOP deserves.

A]

Why are you calling Trump a bitch? That isn't nice.

No- Trump is not perfect- he is the candidate the GOP deserves- the Birther the GOP deserves.

I see you still need a 2nd grader to explain what people wrote! He'll be your next president! :321:

Forum List

Back