If The Economy Is So Great Why Can't Most People Miss One Paycheck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is, apparently there are a lot of people who can do just fine without a weekly paycheck in our country. Me? I could go a couple of months, and that's about it. I'm not working to entertain myself or stay busy. I need a paycheck like most people who work.

There's about a million folks and the people who depend on them as well..that are getting screwed by Trump

So why is it always Trump and not the Democrats? Trump is trying to do things to stop a problem, and the Democrats are trying to do things to stop Trump. Trump is trying to keep a campaign promise, and with the Democrats, it's pure politics.
You known the answer to that.
So Trump is just trying to keep a campaign promise. Well that should be really comforting to 800,000 people who will be going a month without pay so Trump can keep a campaign promise.

Since when is keeping a campaign promise made to the people that elected you a negative? Have you become so jaded by eight years of promises made by Barack Obama and seldom kept that someone who DOES keep their word and works hard to do what they promised they would...is somehow doing something wrong?

I would wager that the majority of those 800,000 people are liberals, Flopper...and they are being hung out to dry by Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer who ARE playing politics! You want to "comfort" those people? Tell Nancy to take the deal that Trump offered! The Democrats blocking the "wall" has already cost more than the wall itself would have...which makes Democrat's claim that the money is being wasted on border security total farce! The people that are being affected most by this government shutdown are Federal employees and they tend to vote Democratic. The longer it drags on the harder it's going to be to convince THEM that playing hardball against Trump's desire for a secure border is a good thing! Just saying...

Wrong.

This shutdown is 100% Trump's. It's his shutdown...he admitted it many times.

The Dems are under zero obligation to give in on something they do not want/believe in.

And since Trump owns the shutdown - he is 100% to blame for it.

Trump should end the shutdown and THEN negotiate.

But, since he clearly does not give a shit about those 800,000 employees - he will not do that.

Have a nice day.

The point is, apparently there are a lot of people who can do just fine without a weekly paycheck in our country. Me? I could go a couple of months, and that's about it. I'm not working to entertain myself or stay busy. I need a paycheck like most people who work.

There's about a million folks and the people who depend on them as well..that are getting screwed by Trump

So why is it always Trump and not the Democrats? Trump is trying to do things to stop a problem, and the Democrats are trying to do things to stop Trump. Trump is trying to keep a campaign promise, and with the Democrats, it's pure politics.
So Trump is just trying to keep a campaign promise. Well that should be really comforting to 800,000 people who will be going a month without pay so Trump can keep a campaign promise.

Since when is keeping a campaign promise made to the people that elected you a negative? Have you become so jaded by eight years of promises made by Barack Obama and seldom kept that someone who DOES keep their word and works hard to do what they promised they would...is somehow doing something wrong?

I would wager that the majority of those 800,000 people are liberals, Flopper...and they are being hung out to dry by Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer who ARE playing politics! You want to "comfort" those people? Tell Nancy to take the deal that Trump offered! The Democrats blocking the "wall" has already cost more than the wall itself would have...which makes Democrat's claim that the money is being wasted on border security total farce! The people that are being affected most by this government shutdown are Federal employees and they tend to vote Democratic. The longer it drags on the harder it's going to be to convince THEM that playing hardball against Trump's desire for a secure border is a good thing! Just saying...

Wrong.

The Dems are under zero obligation to give in on something they do not want/believe in.

But, since he clearly does not give a shit about those 800,000 employees - he will not do that.

Have a nice day.

Ah, Trump HAS negotiated and Pelosi has refused to do so. For some reason Democrats now seem to believe that giving Trump nothing at all...no matter how many Americans are hurt by the tactic...is going to be better for them when they run against him in 2020 then trying to compromise. They're willing to sabotage the economy because they think it will be a political win for them. It's obvious that they're scared to death that the economy will keep growing as it has since he took office.

As for who cares about the 800,000 employees? Since the vast majority of those employees support Democrats...it would seem that the Democratic leaders of the House and Senate are the ones who don't "give a shit" about them! If Nancy and Chuck are content to throw their own constituents under the bus to gain a political advantage then why should Donald Trump try and save them?

Wrong.

Have a nice day.

Millions of Americans (such as myself) believe that this corporate entity known as the federal "gubermint" is a bloated, parasitic entity. I say that Trump should use this shut-down to trim the fat and let these 800,000 laid-off workers compete with the 21 million plus illegals for jobs.......

Wrong.

Have a nice day.

Exactly! And the more they end up hurting Americans to help illegal aliens, the more Americans will want to fuck with them right back. Send them a message, tell your Dems to stick to their guns...err...umm...I mean hang tough!

Wrong.

Have a nice day.

Exactly! And the more they end up hurting Americans to help illegal aliens, the more Americans will want to fuck with them right back. Send them a message, tell your Dems to stick to their guns...err...umm...I mean hang tough!

What's ironic is that the Americans that they are hurting the most are probably their most solid voting block. Contributions from government employees in the last election were 95% for Hillary Clinton and 5% for Donald Trump. So in order to guarantee themselves Hispanic votes in the future...Democratic leaders are fine with screwing over the people who voted for them now. If I'm Trump...I let this play out. Let's see who blinks first.

As for you folks that work in government? I don't know as I'd want to let the general public know just how much they DON'T need a lot of you...this shutdown may be doing exactly that!

Pelosi has little incentive to accept Trump's request for money to build a wall. Her supporters are against it and in fact most of the American people are also. If she does nothing, Trump will eventually have to act because, government workers are not going to keep working indefinitely without pay. When that time comes, our airports and other other vital facilities in the country will close. Trump will be forced to open the government or congress will.

Wrong.

Have a nice day.

Ah, Trump HAS negotiated and Pelosi has refused to do so. For some reason Democrats now seem to believe that giving Trump nothing at all...no matter how many Americans are hurt by the tactic...is going to be better for them when they run against him in 2020 then trying to compromise. They're willing to sabotage the economy because they think it will be a political win for them. It's obvious that they're scared to death that the economy will keep growing as it has since he took office.

As for who cares about the 800,000 employees? Since the vast majority of those employees support Democrats...it would seem that the Democratic leaders of the House and Senate are the ones who don't "give a shit" about them! If Nancy and Chuck are content to throw their own constituents under the bus to gain a political advantage then why should Donald Trump try and save them?

Pelosi has agreed to continue negotiations after the government is opened. Trump has nothing to lose by agreeing to fund government another 30 or 60 days while they negotiate. That is what Obama did and that has been what most presidents have done. There's no reason to punish 800,000 workers so Trump can fulfill a campaign promise. That's crazy.

The economy is only doing well if you are in the top 10%. For everybody else, not so much.

Most people believe they need an iphoneX, have to drive a Mercedes, own a 2500 sq foot house, have a 60 inch flat screen with the full cable channel package plus complete Netfix and the ultimate speed internet, then to top it all off eat out every night. Housekeeper and Gardner are almost optional.

On top of that as gg pointed out so many are into instant gratification. Must have the newest and greatest NOW.

I have all of those things except do my own gardening and housekeeping. Right now Im repainting some rooms in my house. I do most every house fixing item there is unless its to complicated. I have a full time job plus own rentals that ive saved and worked on for years. I work hard, save and invest and capitalized on both of the last 2 presidents. If you cant do it in America you cant do it anywhere. This is as good as it gets folks, the only person that can hold you back is the guy in the mirror.

Wrong.

Have a nice day.

Pelosi has agreed to continue negotiations after the government is opened. Trump has nothing to lose by agreeing to fund government another 30 or 60 days while they negotiate. That is what Obama did and that has been what most presidents have done. There's no reason to punish 800,000 workers so Trump can fulfill a campaign promise. That's crazy.

Well, Piglosi also said we need to pass the bill to find out what's in it. Been a disaster ever since. Reagan was promised a stronger border by the Democrats if he only granted amnesty which he did. How did that turn out for Republicans? We have the same problem today.

The interest is dying down. When the government first shut down, it was media frenzy for about a week. The second week, it got weaker. Now that we are past a month, not many seem to care.

So how do we start the frenzy all over again? Open up government, and when Trump shuts it down again, we will have a replay of a month ago. Why should Trump play right into their hands?

Let me ask you Flopper: If you wanted to buy a certain breed of dog, and met a guy in a Walmart parking lot, and he said give me the money now, and I'll go get the dog, would you hand him the money?

Tell me: how is the government shutdown preventing Piglosi from negotiations now? It isn't. She's only use that BS to open the government again and then tell Trump to go F himself.

Pelosi has little incentive to accept Trump's request for money to build a wall. Her supporters are against it and in fact most of the American people are also. If she does nothing, Trump will eventually have to act because, government workers are not going to keep working indefinitely without pay. When that time comes, our airports and other other vital facilities in the country will close. Trump will be forced to open the government or congress will.

Or if those people quit, hire new ones and make them aware of the situation. I'm sure there is a long line of people dying to get a gravy government job that would be willing to wait for a paycheck.

Look at your average CEO....talk about gravy job. Never met one who was worth their pay.

Wrong.

Have a nice day.

How about if Trump said "give me the 5 billion for my wall and then we'll negotiate?" Do you think Shoemaker and Piglosi would fall for that farce?

You can think Trump's an idiot all you like, but nobody becomes a multi-billionaire by being a sap and getting played for a fool.

Wrong.

Have a nice day.

What you're really saying is that Pelosi wants Trump to reopen the government and then she will give him absolutely nothing. Why would anyone agree to that? What is being compromised by Democrats? Trump has offered a deal...recognizing DACA kids in return for funding the wall. The shutdown has already cost the US more than Trump has been asking for so what possible reason would any rational person have for not taking that deal?

The economy is only doing well if you are in the top 10%. For everybody else, not so much.

Most people believe they need an iphoneX, have to drive a Mercedes, own a 2500 sq foot house, have a 60 inch flat screen with the full cable channel package plus complete Netfix and the ultimate speed internet, then to top it all off eat out every night. Housekeeper and Gardner are almost optional.

On top of that as gg pointed out so many are into instant gratification. Must have the newest and greatest NOW.

I have all of those things except do my own gardening and housekeeping. Right now Im repainting some rooms in my house. I do most every house fixing item there is unless its to complicated. I have a full time job plus own rentals that ive saved and worked on for years. I work hard, save and invest and capitalized on both of the last 2 presidents. If you cant do it in America you cant do it anywhere. This is as good as it gets folks, the only person that can hold you back is the guy in the mirror.

I would bet you are not in your late teens or early twenties. Did not do a lot of any of the things you describe until you had the income to afford it. In other words you did not go into debt doing the things you now do. It was a gradual growth.

You are correct. The only thing holding someone back is themselves. But they need to understand that you can not live like you are rich when you first start working in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back