If The Economy Is So Great Why Can't Most People Miss One Paycheck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I guess you could ask 100 economist that question and get at least 150 answers. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.
No coincidence that the people who are one paycheck away from bankruptcy don’t vote.

Or some of them vote republican. They hurt themselves financially over wedge issues like racism, guns, god

Most people who can’t go a month also can’t afford healthcare. Socialized medicine for everyone would be good for 52% of Americans.

Too bad they don’t know to show up and vote democratic every two years even if the nominee is hillary and even midterms.

Stupid Americans.

You typed a lot of words that are nothing but opinion.
I forgot to say the economy is awesome for me. I could go two years without a paycheck and not have to touch my 401ks. And even I don’t vote republican.

I could go two years assuming I don’t get sick while I’m uninsured then I could go bankrupt.

Socialized medicine would be so good for all of us. Any of us could fall on hard times.

And my company can give me additional insurance but the basics every citizen gets.

But the poor people who are one paycheck away from bankruptcy at least get free Obamacare. They should vote democratic.

But come the day when they make the big time, they don’t want to be saddled with all those outrageous democrat taxes and regulations
I don’t seem to mind. I certainly am a have not a have not and I wouldn’t mind we all pay for socialized medicine.

And us rich folk can get extra insurance that’s better than VA style healthcare.

But the poor people who are one paycheck away from bankruptcy at least get free Obamacare. They should vote democratic.

But come the day when they make the big time, they don’t want to be saddled with all those outrageous democrat taxes and regulations
There is a name for what you’re talking about. It’s lottery mentality. If you won the lotto it would suck when they taxed you at a higher rate right? Well don’t worry you aren’t hitting the lotto and even if you do you’ll still be rich. A lot of poor conservatives are duped into worrying about how unfair this is instead of our unfair healthcare system.

it would be worse if you lost your job and insurance and got sick. And guess which one is more likely to happen?

I guess you could ask 100 economist that question and get at least 150 answers. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.
No coincidence that the people who are one paycheck away from bankruptcy don’t vote.

Or some of them vote republican. They hurt themselves financially over wedge issues like racism, guns, god

Most people who can’t go a month also can’t afford healthcare. Socialized medicine for everyone would be good for 52% of Americans.

Too bad they don’t know to show up and vote democratic every two years even if the nominee is hillary and even midterms.

Stupid Americans.

I forgot to say the economy is awesome for me. I could go two years without a paycheck and not have to touch my 401ks. And even I don’t vote republican.

I could go two years assuming I don’t get sick while I’m uninsured then I could go bankrupt.

Socialized medicine would be so good for all of us. Any of us could fall on hard times.

And my company can give me additional insurance but the basics every citizen gets.

I've raised three children without ever having health insurance. Hospitals and doctors were always willing to accept a payment plan on the times that the bill was excessive.

Stupid Americans.

I've raised three children without ever having health insurance. Hospitals and doctors were always willing to accept a payment plan on the times that the bill was excessive.

Lucky you so far.

Stupid Americans.

Lucky you so far.

Luck had nothing to do with it.

Stupid Americans.

Lucky you so far.

Oh how many republicans have I seen eat their words on matters like this.

Yes lucky you and me so far.

There is a name for what you’re talking about. It’s lottery mentality. If you won the lotto it would suck when they taxed you at a higher rate right? Well don’t worry you aren’t hitting the lotto and even if you do you’ll still be rich. A lot of poor conservatives are duped into worrying about how unfair this is instead of our unfair healthcare system.

it would be worse if you lost your job and insurance and got sick. And guess which one is more likely to happen?

How much would 'Medicare for All' cost? Democrats' health care plan explained

Lucky you so far.

Probably no more than you've seen Democrats eat their words on matter like this.

I'm guessing you feel that you can't make it through life without the federal government. I on the other hand want the federal government out of my life. Their job is national security, building and maintaining interstate infrastructure and getting my mail delivered on time. Beyond that, I have no need for them.

Lucky you so far.

Probably no more than you've seen Democrats eat their words on matter like this.

I'm guessing you feel that you can't make it through life without the federal government. I on the other hand want the federal government out of my life. Their job is national security, building and maintaining interstate infrastructure and getting my mail delivered on time. Beyond that, I have no need for them.
Medicare

Lucky you so far.

Medicare

Don't want or need it and shouldn't be forced to pay for it.

It is obviously that a lot of right-wingers cannot work through the basic logistics of solving a problem. We live in a society, not a gaggle of selfish strangers living out in the desert popping babies. Capitalism has problems that have to be tackled at the group level, the societal level.
]
Our problem isn't that we can't work through a problem, Lice. It's that we dispute your definition of "problem", and we utterly reject your "solution" of convincing perfectly capable adults that they're helpless children who need a "societal" nanny.

So you can't perceive a problem. That says a lot about your intellect, the limits of which I have seen before.

Blah blah "You don't agree with me, so you're STUPID!"

I don't perceive the problem YOU think exists. And believe me, I'm not going to be ashamed about it because YOU don't approve.

Who cares what you think. You are just here to sexually serve some fundie guy. Go back to your bedroom. You are just a fundie chick.
lol. i don't take right wing women seriously.

Gee, Daniel...I wonder who's more intelligent...you...or say, Condi Rice? Do you take her seriously?

The economy is only doing well if you are in the top 10%. For everybody else, not so much.

A. Because wages still suck
B. Because the newer generations spend too much money on stuff they don't need.

Case in point: We previously lived in a house that was built in 1955. The closets were small, not a lot of storage space. That was OK. We didn't need much storage space because we don't shop and acquire.
The house across the street sold to a young couple around 30-ish years or so, it's a big house, around 3500 square feet.
They not only filled the house up with crap but then had to add a STORAGE shed in the back to hold more crap they didn't need.

8 years of Obama with over $9 trillion added to the debt and wages still suck?

The unwise voted for Obama

And voted against their savior Ross Perot years ago

You mean the Democrats that oversaw the slowest recovery from a recession since FDR and The Great Depression...the people who instead of trying to fix the economy and put those poor people back to work instead pushed through Obamacare which hurt job creation? You know why Trump beat Hillary, Sealy? Because a whole lot of those poor people have started to figure out that the Democrats don't really care about them.

Lucky you so far.

Medicare

How much would 'Medicare for All' cost? Democrats' health care plan explained

Funny how nobody had that concern when CommieCare was introduced. I’ve been insured all of my life until that big-eared dictator poisoned our healthcare system with that.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

The economy is only doing well if you are in the top 10%. For everybody else, not so much.

Case in point: We previously lived in a house that was built in 1955. The closets were small, not a lot of storage space. That was OK. We didn't need much storage space because we don't shop and acquire.
The house across the street sold to a young couple around 30-ish years or so, it's a big house, around 3500 square feet.
They not only filled the house up with crap but then had to add a STORAGE shed in the back to hold more crap they didn't need.

You mean the Democrats that oversaw the slowest recovery from a recession since FDR and The Great Depression...the people who instead of trying to fix the economy and put those poor people back to work instead pushed through Obamacare which hurt job creation? You know why Trump beat Hillary, Sealy? Because a whole lot of those poor people have started to figure out that the Democrats don't really care about them.

That’s your narrative. That slow steady recovery didn’t add to the debt massively either. Trumps moves caused a very temporary bump. I’ll admit so far nothing bad has happened and companies are coming back and all that. So far so good. I saw it befor3 with Reagan.

Don’t forget it was Bush’s Great Recession

Funny how nobody had that concern when CommieCare was introduced. I’ve been insured all of my life until that big-eared dictator poisoned our healthcare system with that.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
Not poisoned, destroyed.

That’s your narrative. That slow steady recovery didn’t add to the debt massively either. Trumps moves caused a very temporary bump. I’ll admit so far nothing bad has happened and companies are coming back and all that. So far so good. I saw it befor3 with Reagan.

Don’t forget it was Bush’s Great Recession

Dude, seriously? Do you not know that Barry added more to the debt in his two terms in office than every other President before him combined?

How can it be Bush's Great Recession when it was Barack Obama's policies that prolonged the recession? W. was back on his ranch chopping brush and riding his mountain bike when Barry was signing the Affordable Care Act and pushing Cap & Trade legislation!

Most live paycheck to paycheck because they don't make enough to save and corporate wages aren't spectacular for most. The system dictates most will have to live paycheck to paycheck.

Okay, so how does the lowly fast food worker manage to survive off $18,000 a year if $60,000 a year isn't enough to save money on a regular basis?

Dont work in fast food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back