If The Economy Is So Great Why Can't Most People Miss One Paycheck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's your point?

As a family we went from the second 20% to the top 20% (top 10% of income earned) in less than 5 years by working hard to improve our situation. We are nothing special and had no outside help other than the GI Bill that I earned and used to get my Masters.

I am not sure what can be done short of taking away rights and freedoms, and I could never stand for that.
someone with a master's should know that Capitalism has a natural rate of unemployment even if all potential labor market participants were required to obtain a doctorate before participating in the market for labor.

I have never denied that Capitalism had a natural rate of unemployment, of course it does that is why 4% is considered full employment.

We differ on if it is a bad thing and what should be done about it.
You miss the point. We have a "natural rate of unemployment for the bottom line of capitalists" not the People.

The People would prefer a natural rate of employment for the People.

We are all capitalists, or if you have more than half a brain you are.

Also, if there is a natural rate of unemployment, there has to be a corresponding natural rate of employment.
Why is there any homeless problem in "Right to Work" States.

What a stupid question.

The economy is only doing well if you are in the top 10%. For everybody else, not so much.

The same reason Donald has gone bankrupt over and over. Reckless spending behaviors and general stupidity.

Donald Trump has NEVER filed for personal bankruptcy. Either you are a dumbass or a liar. You choose!

because he is his company he has filed for it several times,,,at best its semantics

Filing bankruptcy is a business decision when you're in Trumps league.
He's just cutting dead weight.

It is obviously that a lot of right-wingers cannot work through the basic logistics of solving a problem. We live in a society, not a gaggle of selfish strangers living out in the desert popping babies. Capitalism has problems that have to be tackled at the group level, the societal level.
]
Our problem isn't that we can't work through a problem, Lice. It's that we dispute your definition of "problem", and we utterly reject your "solution" of convincing perfectly capable adults that they're helpless children who need a "societal" nanny.

So you can't perceive a problem. That says a lot about your intellect, the limits of which I have seen before.

Blah blah "You don't agree with me, so you're STUPID!"

I don't perceive the problem YOU think exists. And believe me, I'm not going to be ashamed about it because YOU don't approve.

Who cares what you think. You are just here to sexually serve some fundie guy. Go back to your bedroom. You are just a fundie chick.

Obviously YOU do, or you wouldn't spend so much time desperately trying to get me to acknowledge your "moral authority" to judge and shame me. It really grates on you that you can't just screech, "Bigot! Hater! How DARE you!" and have me immediately leap to defending myself to you, doesn't it?

I am just everything you've spent your life rejecting, and it kills you that I'm not miserable and bitter the way you are.

You don't know anything about how I have lived my life. But you dumb fundie sex chicks are all the same.

Most live paycheck to paycheck because they don't make enough to save and corporate wages aren't spectacular for most. The system dictates most will have to live paycheck to paycheck.

Okay, so how does the lowly fast food worker manage to survive off $18,000 a year if $60,000 a year isn't enough to save money on a regular basis?

Dont work in fast food.

I wonder why the left thinks a person wants a career at a fast food job.

Most live paycheck to paycheck because they don't make enough to save and corporate wages aren't spectacular for most. The system dictates most will have to live paycheck to paycheck.

Okay, so how does the lowly fast food worker manage to survive off $18,000 a year if $60,000 a year isn't enough to save money on a regular basis?

Dont work in fast food.

Because liberals are too stupid to know how to do anything else?

Dont work in fast food.

I would go insane with boredom.
I needed mental stimulation when I worked. Nothing makes a day go by slower than mindless rote work.

]
Our problem isn't that we can't work through a problem, Lice. It's that we dispute your definition of "problem", and we utterly reject your "solution" of convincing perfectly capable adults that they're helpless children who need a "societal" nanny.

So you can't perceive a problem. That says a lot about your intellect, the limits of which I have seen before.

I don't perceive the problem YOU think exists. And believe me, I'm not going to be ashamed about it because YOU don't approve.

Who cares what you think. You are just here to sexually serve some fundie guy. Go back to your bedroom. You are just a fundie chick.

Obviously YOU do, or you wouldn't spend so much time desperately trying to get me to acknowledge your "moral authority" to judge and shame me. It really grates on you that you can't just screech, "Bigot! Hater! How DARE you!" and have me immediately leap to defending myself to you, doesn't it?

I am just everything you've spent your life rejecting, and it kills you that I'm not miserable and bitter the way you are.

You don't know anything about how I have lived my life. But you dumb fundie sex chicks are all the same.

I know what I see. If you don't want to give people the impression that you're bitter, hate-filled, and resentful of how badly living a left-shrew life has turned out for you, you might try not broadcasting it like a air-raid siren.

Oh, also, just so you know: Calling me "fundie chick" and "Christian" and "mama" in every single post isn't going to turn them into insults or make me ashamed of or defensive about them, no matter how vitriolically you try to portray them as bad things. I am a fundamentalist Christian, I am a mother, and I am proudly feminine in the old-fashioned sense of the word.

Way to prove me right while attempting to disagree. Stellar performance.

Dont work in fast food.

They assume that most people are too stupid and defective to do anything else. And God knows, they've worked hard to make that true.

Dont work in fast food.

I would go insane with boredom.
I needed mental stimulation when I worked. Nothing makes a day go by slower than mindless rote work.

I like mindless rote work, but not when it smells like hot French fry grease. :puke:

Dont work in fast food.

What? Keep up with the discussion, you illiterate fuckstain. I never said that fast food workers need to make higher wages, I said that government employees have no excuse for living paycheck to paycheck without saving anything.

I know what I see. If you don't want to give people the impression that you're bitter, hate-filled, and resentful of how badly living a left-shrew life has turned out for you, you might try not broadcasting it like a air-raid siren.

Oh, also, just so you know: Calling me "fundie chick" and "Christian" and "mama" in every single post isn't going to turn them into insults or make me ashamed of or defensive about them, no matter how vitriolically you try to portray them as bad things. I am a fundamentalist Christian, I am a mother, and I am proudly feminine in the old-fashioned sense of the word.

You are proud of yourself? Okay. Go on being a fundie sex chick.You are not of any consequence. Go live your sex life.

You are proud of yourself? Okay. Go on being a fundie sex chick.You are not of any consequence. Go live your sex life.

Oh, thank you, THANK YOU for your kind permission to go on making good life choices that I was going to make anyway!

And you have my permission to go right on with hating me for invalidating everything you've ever believed and destroyed your life over.

Last edited:

Oh, thank you, THANK YOU for your kind permission to go on making good life choices that I was going to make anyway!

And you have my permission to go right on with hating for invalidating everything you've ever believed and destroyed your life over.

Good luck with your choice of lifestyle. You can be a fundie chick if you want, Your Holiness. Just don't hurt anyone else.

That’s your narrative. That slow steady recovery didn’t add to the debt massively either. Trumps moves caused a very temporary bump. I’ll admit so far nothing bad has happened and companies are coming back and all that. So far so good. I saw it befor3 with Reagan.

Don’t forget it was Bush’s Great Recession

Going from $10 TRILLION to $20 TRILLION in debt isn't "add to the debt massively either"? Really?

The policies of former President Ronald Reagan led to a quarter of a century of economic growth.

I see you still refuse to accept the facts concerning the housing/mortgage/financial meltdown. Why?

Dont work in fast food.

What? Keep up with the discussion, you illiterate fuckstain. I never said that fast food workers need to make higher wages, I said that government employees have no excuse for living paycheck to paycheck without saving anything.

STFU cum dumpster.
If you cant make it on 60k a year you're an absolute fuck up.
But then if you work for the government thats a requirement.

And you have my permission to go right on with hating for invalidating everything you've ever believed and destroyed your life over.

Good luck with your choice of lifestyle. You can be a fundie chick if you want, Your Holiness. Just don't hurt anyone else.

I'd wish you good luck with your choices, but it's pretty obvious THAT train has already left the station. You can be a bitter, screwed-up femi-shrew if you want, Your Stridentness. Just stop hurting yourself and everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back