If The Economy Is So Great Why Can't Most People Miss One Paycheck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is obviously that a lot of right-wingers cannot work through the basic logistics of solving a problem. We live in a society, not a gaggle of selfish strangers living out in the desert popping babies. Capitalism has problems that have to be tackled at the group level, the societal level.
thats fascism not capitalism

explan how the above statement falls under...Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of radical authoritarian ultranationalism,[1][2][3][4] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy

thats simple,,,

her plan requires a dictatorial power to tackle and fix/control what is supposed to be a free market or voluntary action through a regimentation of society,

in other words if we dont do what they say then guns get used to force us

please show where anything she stated used the power of the government.

It is obviously that a lot of right-wingers cannot work through the basic logistics of solving a problem. We live in a society, not a gaggle of selfish strangers living out in the desert popping babies. Capitalism has problems that have to be tackled at the group level, the societal level.

explan how the above statement falls under...Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of radical authoritarian ultranationalism,[1][2][3][4] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy

thats simple,,,

her plan requires a dictatorial power to tackle and fix/control what is supposed to be a free market or voluntary action through a regimentation of society,

this thread is riddled with examples of where the government should be the solution and not free market
capitalism is a voluntary action between 2 people and not based on what some societal groups thinks it should be
and what is society solutions without government force,,,

there are a lot of countrys that have those systems and I suggest you or she go try them out before forcing them on others that have already rejected them

thats simple,,,

this thread is riddled with examples of where the government should be the solution and not free market
capitalism is a voluntary action between 2 people and not based on what some societal groups thinks it should be

there are a lot of countrys that have those systems and I suggest you or she go try them out before forcing them on others that have already rejected them

Is it safe then to assume that you oppose Trump's tariffs as much as I do?

thats simple,,,

Is it safe then to assume that you oppose Trump's tariffs as much as I do?
possibly more,,,its pure crony capitalism,,,

you may need to "dumb it down" for the right wing.

]
Our problem isn't that we can't work through a problem, Lice. It's that we dispute your definition of "problem", and we utterly reject your "solution" of convincing perfectly capable adults that they're helpless children who need a "societal" nanny.

]
Our problem isn't that we can't work through a problem, Lice. It's that we dispute your definition of "problem", and we utterly reject your "solution" of convincing perfectly capable adults that they're helpless children who need a "societal" nanny.
The left is for equal protection of the law for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States.

The cost of living varies widely depending on where you are in the U.S. I've been waiting for the republicans to figure this out and prepare sample budgets for families of the various income brackets in the context of where they are within the 50 states. republicans appear to be deaf. They seem to have no knowledge of the economy and cost of living in any given area. In comparing incomes, compare the costs of living in your area. Where I live, in northern Virginia, try finding housing for under $1,000 a month.

Well yes. This is another baffling aspect of left-wing ideology.

If you can't make it where you are, then you need to engage in one of two things....

A: Increase your income until you can.
B: Move to where you can.

Throughout all human history, people have moved to where they can have a better life, if they could not make it where they are.

So if you make a crap wage..... and you live in a high-cost-of-living area.... either find a way to increase your income, or find another place to live.

I've done this. I moved out of an expensive area, to move to a cheaper location.

I've also worked a job where the pay sucked, and I did this amazing thing called "Find another job".

I don't understand this weird non-sense that you have person in an expensive area.... and they refuse to get a better job, and refuse to move to where they can afford to live.

And then you come on here, and act like "Republicans should show me a budget where this works!"

NO... sorry. It's not other people's job, to make your life work. If your life doesn't work, the solution is in your mirror. Listen to Michael Jackson, and start with the man in the mirror. Make a change.

If you have a complaint with your life, start with your mirror. It's not 'societies job' to fix your bad choices.

"Left-wing ideology" has nothing to do with it. Reality and practicality do. The "get a job" crackpots never consider whether "better" jobs are actually available, depending on the person's skills, the actual costs of moving around, the availibility of such necessities as transportation, education, and medical care, and the impact of a transient lifestyle on children.. Of course, this lifestyle precludes buying a home, so how are American families supposed to live.

The "get a job" thing is just another version of the "let them eat cake" nonsense. It is the result of some people living in a fantasy world and wanting the rest of us to join them.

Moreover, what if a family adheres to one of those religions that prohibit birth control. Since mommy has to stay home with all those kids according to the right-wing fantasy, this leaves daddy to figure out how to support the entire family.

The above is why Iike to see reports prepared by professionals, in writing, that detail what a proposed policy would accomplish and how, not just crazy theories and name-calling.

getting a job and paying your fair share is not a crazy theory,,,but a proven tactic to get and keep yourself out of the poor house

and no policy to date has done anything but hurt the people and the country
why do we have any poor at all if capitalism can save us?

Do you even grasp what free market capitalism IS, Daniel? It doesn't guarantee that everyone wins. The harsh reality about capitalism is that it rewards winners and punishes losers. Capitalism will never "save" losers. It's why people like you think it's evil.

]

So you can't perceive a problem. That says a lot about your intellect, the limits of which I have seen before.

The cost of living varies widely depending on where you are in the U.S. I've been waiting for the republicans to figure this out and prepare sample budgets for families of the various income brackets in the context of where they are within the 50 states. republicans appear to be deaf. They seem to have no knowledge of the economy and cost of living in any given area. In comparing incomes, compare the costs of living in your area. Where I live, in northern Virginia, try finding housing for under $1,000 a month.

If you can't make it where you are, then you need to engage in one of two things....

Throughout all human history, people have moved to where they can have a better life, if they could not make it where they are.

So if you make a crap wage..... and you live in a high-cost-of-living area.... either find a way to increase your income, or find another place to live.

I've done this. I moved out of an expensive area, to move to a cheaper location.

I've also worked a job where the pay sucked, and I did this amazing thing called "Find another job".

I don't understand this weird non-sense that you have person in an expensive area.... and they refuse to get a better job, and refuse to move to where they can afford to live.

And then you come on here, and act like "Republicans should show me a budget where this works!"

NO... sorry. It's not other people's job, to make your life work. If your life doesn't work, the solution is in your mirror. Listen to Michael Jackson, and start with the man in the mirror. Make a change.

If you have a complaint with your life, start with your mirror. It's not 'societies job' to fix your bad choices.

"Left-wing ideology" has nothing to do with it. Reality and practicality do. The "get a job" crackpots never consider whether "better" jobs are actually available, depending on the person's skills, the actual costs of moving around, the availibility of such necessities as transportation, education, and medical care, and the impact of a transient lifestyle on children.. Of course, this lifestyle precludes buying a home, so how are American families supposed to live.

The "get a job" thing is just another version of the "let them eat cake" nonsense. It is the result of some people living in a fantasy world and wanting the rest of us to join them.

Moreover, what if a family adheres to one of those religions that prohibit birth control. Since mommy has to stay home with all those kids according to the right-wing fantasy, this leaves daddy to figure out how to support the entire family.

The above is why Iike to see reports prepared by professionals, in writing, that detail what a proposed policy would accomplish and how, not just crazy theories and name-calling.

getting a job and paying your fair share is not a crazy theory,,,but a proven tactic to get and keep yourself out of the poor house

Do you even grasp what free market capitalism IS, Daniel? It doesn't guarantee that everyone wins. The harsh reality about capitalism is that it rewards winners and punishes losers. Capitalism will never "save" losers. It's why people like you think it's evil.
we have Government, for a reason.

You need some sort of organization in a society, Daniel or you'll have anarchy...hence "government"! You on the left however think that government should be the answer to ALL of our problems and to be quite blunt...that's a naïve premise! You want people to be truly happy with their lives? Return as much power as possible as locally as possible! You want people to be miserable? Take power away from them and give that power to a "Big Government" that rules from afar!

And if you doubt that...ask anyone who's lived under a centralized all powerful government whether they like their lives under that system! Start with Cubans...then talk to someone who was in the USSR...

The economy is only doing well if you are in the top 10%. For everybody else, not so much.

Is this not the guy who said a relationship between a kid and an over 30 years old adult is "love"?

Yeah, his welfare cranks for sure can't miss one "paycheck". For the rest of the people who aren't spending addicted spendaholics, things are fine.

Some of the jobs I just punched in... $17/hr drywall, framing, construction. $14/hr Delivery driver. $16/hr entry level roofer, and training.
All pathetic wages.

Really? So the people working at McDonald's are doing good?

This is why Americans are so miserable. You sit around expecting to make millions, while doing low-value work. If you want to make millions, then yeah, stop doing those types of jobs. Do something that earns more. Get a degree in engineer or some other STEM field, and get paid tons.

But relative to the world, those wages are darn good. Maybe you missed it, but if you make just $32,000 a year, that places you in the top 1% of wage earners in the entire world.

If you have a net worth over $770K, that includes all your assets, house, car, 401K, and any savings... you are the top 1% of the wealthy in the world. My parents, who were both public school teachers, are in the 1% of the wealthy in the world.

Let me explain what that means. If you make $15.30 an hour or more, you are the top 1% in the world. If you buy a house, and pay it off, and invest in your 401K every single month, even just $100 a month... you will be in the top 1% of the world in net worth by the time you retire. A person earning $15/hr+ will be able to do that. I know this because *I* do that, and I don't make $15/hour.

You combine that with the fact that in most families you have two working people, anyone can easily live a good life in the US, even on low wages.

And by the way.... if you were right, and those wages were garbage, then please explain to me why all these people want to come to the US to make those wages?

Maybe you need to dump your elitist views, and stop looking down on everyone that earns less than you.

You need some sort of organization in a society, Daniel or you'll have anarchy...hence "government"! You on the left however think that government should be the answer to ALL of our problems and to be quite blunt...that's a naïve premise! You want people to be truly happy with their lives? Return as much power as possible as locally as possible! You want people to be miserable? Take power away from them and give that power to a "Big Government" that rules from afar!
the right wing is worse; they allege to be for Capitalism not their socialism on a national basis with their alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror they don't want to pay for with really really serious tax rates.

the right wing is worse; they allege to be for Capitalism not their socialism on a national basis with their alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror they don't want to pay for with really really serious tax rates.

More babbled nonsense? What could possibly BE worse than an all powerful government like what they had in the USSR and in Cuba? Why would any rational person want something that awful?

I have never denied that Capitalism had a natural rate of unemployment, of course it does that is why 4% is considered full employment.

We differ on if it is a bad thing and what should be done about it.
You miss the point. We have a "natural rate of unemployment for the bottom line of capitalists" not the People.

The People would prefer a natural rate of employment for the People.

We are all capitalists, or if you have more than half a brain you are.

Also, if there is a natural rate of unemployment, there has to be a corresponding natural rate of employment.
Why is there any homeless problem in "Right to Work" States.

Not everyone wants to work, not everyone is willing to do what it takes to better themselves, not everyone has the skills needed for the jobs that are there.
Unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed would solve that dilemma.
Why do you libs always want welfare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back