If The Economy Is So Great Why Can't Most People Miss One Paycheck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A
meanwhile...the American Legion Temporary Financial Assistance Fund is running dry trying to help the Coasties that are being fucked over during this shutdown.

Our turn to rescue the Coast Guard, and we need your help.

We are doing a flea market with all the proceeds going to the fund. Other post are doing similar things.

These people put their lives on the line on a more regular basis than just about anyone and we cannot even give them a paycheck.

Sometimes we just suck as a country.
dirty shame that one man can make life miserable for so many and while she doesn't get as much blame imo pelosi's hands aren't clean either
I'm actually starting to admire Pelosi a little more. I liked PayGo when W was potus. And I don't see her options with Trump. I think it's clear the dems are signaling they'll consider an offer from Trump that doesn't include the Wall across Texas. Trump never won a popular mandate for it, and the dems just handed the gop their asses. If Trump can force his will through blackmailing by hurting over a million workers and negatively affecting our safety ... we both know damn well the SOB will do it over and over. There's only one way to stand up to a bully.

The Democrats are just as responsible for those 800,000 as Trump because they refuse to give in either. Trump is showing no weakness as it's the Democrats trying to get the government open with no deal. Trump is standing strong and will continue to do so.

A
meanwhile...the American Legion Temporary Financial Assistance Fund is running dry trying to help the Coasties that are being fucked over during this shutdown.

We are doing a flea market with all the proceeds going to the fund. Other post are doing similar things.

These people put their lives on the line on a more regular basis than just about anyone and we cannot even give them a paycheck.

dirty shame that one man can make life miserable for so many and while she doesn't get as much blame imo pelosi's hands aren't clean either
I'm actually starting to admire Pelosi a little more. I liked PayGo when W was potus. And I don't see her options with Trump. I think it's clear the dems are signaling they'll consider an offer from Trump that doesn't include the Wall across Texas. Trump never won a popular mandate for it, and the dems just handed the gop their asses. If Trump can force his will through blackmailing by hurting over a million workers and negatively affecting our safety ... we both know damn well the SOB will do it over and over. There's only one way to stand up to a bully.

The Democrats are just as responsible for those 800,000 as Trump because they refuse to give in either. Trump is showing no weakness as it's the Democrats trying to get the government open with no deal. Trump is standing strong and will continue to do so.
yeah ,,,his thing is to fight to the last drop of your blood

A

yeah ,,,his thing is to fight to the last drop of your blood

And Piglosi doesn't?

do these gov't workers get paid So much that they can save for a calamity like the one trump is giving for them?

they make good salaries for what they do, and get great pensions, and benefits for life. If Schumer, and Pelosi accepted Trumps COMPROMISES which has offered multiple times then the shutdown would end. The Democrats OWN the shutdown. They are obstructionists and the Party of NO.

Every party that is not the party in the White House is the party of no.

Perhaps you have forgotten these folks...

John Boehner on the Obama agenda“We're going to do everything — and I mean everything we can do — to kill it, stop it, slow it down, whatever we can.”

Mitch McConnell “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”
They survive just barely...and with government assistance. Newsflash...on $18K you aren't paying a mortgage or a car payment. You rent cheaply and MIGHT drive a clunker

Really? Anyone making $18,000 a year is on government assistance? You moron, someone making that much money makes too much to qualify for assistance.

Sure, it's not a luxurious lifestyle, but they make it work. And if they can make it work, then there is no reason why someone making $60k a year is unable to tuck away savings every month. Anyone living paycheck to paycheck at $60k a year is terrribly irresponsible and I have no sympathy for them whatsoever.

What fucking planet do you live on?

How much do YOU make?

More than you'll ever make. Oh, and I have a royalty check on it's way soon! Mo money, mo money! Be that as it may, I also know what it means to struggle financially. REALLY struggle.
oh come on stormy not everyone gets 130000 for a little pussy
equal pay for equal work?

it is modern times.

60 grand is the very low end of a middle class salary. Very very low end. Hard to save much on it. Unless you don't pay rent, don't drive a vehicle, don't eat, and live at your parents house. Then one can save.

People can and sometimes do miss a paycheck but they don't like it. Why can't Chuckie and Nancy give up on their protection of illegal criminals and protect their own workers?

People can and sometimes do miss a paycheck but they don't like it. Why can't Chuckie and Nancy give up on their protection of illegal criminals and protect their own workers?
what are you talking about?

there is no wall building clause or an immigration clause.

The cost of living varies widely depending on where you are in the U.S. I've been waiting for the republicans to figure this out and prepare sample budgets for families of the various income brackets in the context of where they are within the 50 states. republicans appear to be deaf. They seem to have no knowledge of the economy and cost of living in any given area. In comparing incomes, compare the costs of living in your area. Where I live, in northern Virginia, try finding housing for under $1,000 a month.

The cost of living varies widely depending on where you are in the U.S. I've been waiting for the republicans to figure this out and prepare sample budgets for families of the various income brackets in the context of where they are within the 50 states. republicans appear to be deaf. They seem to have no knowledge of the economy and cost of living in any given area. In comparing incomes, compare the costs of living in your area. Where I live, in northern Virginia, try finding housing for under $1,000 a month.
Daughter living in god forsaken Bangor Maine is paying 900 a month

Are you talking about rent or mortgage?

I charge $500.00 a month for my lowest rental (which is actually a small house) and up to $625.00 for my most expensive. The only reason I charge $625.00 is because it's a family of five people (3 adults, a teen and a child) and I pay the water and sewer bills for all my rentals.

In that unit, it's a single-income family because the wife stays home to home school their two children. He only has one job and works 40 hours a week. They do just fine financially. They pay the rent on time at the first of the month without any problem. They've been with me for 2 years now.

Hey, even the military understands that. They assign extra money for people who are living off base in civilian housing, and it's called BAQ (Basic Allowance for Quarters). And, while that is supposed to be enough for your rent, there are many places in the country where it isn't, so they assign another pay allowance called VHA (Variable Housing Allowance), which is supposed to make up for the extra costs in any given area. VHA for Amarillo Tx is about half of what it was for Newport RI.

60 grand is the very low end of a middle class salary. Very very low end. Hard to save much on it. Unless you don't pay rent, don't drive a vehicle, don't eat, and live at your parents house. Then one can save.

See I don't understand that. Last year, I made a whooping $25K. For the decade prior, I never earned more than $20K a year.

I have thousands of dollars saved, and I give my tithe to my church, and I donated regularly to charity, *AND* I have money saved up in an IRA and 401K.

Now is it millions of dollars? Of course not. But I have almost as much money in savings now, as I earn in a year.

Now how can this happen, if a person making $60K a year, can't possibly save?
If I can save money earning half of $60K, how can someone earning not be able to save?

Explain.

Last edited:

Well yes. This is another baffling aspect of left-wing ideology.

If you can't make it where you are, then you need to engage in one of two things....

A: Increase your income until you can.
B: Move to where you can.

Throughout all human history, people have moved to where they can have a better life, if they could not make it where they are.

So if you make a crap wage..... and you live in a high-cost-of-living area.... either find a way to increase your income, or find another place to live.

I've done this. I moved out of an expensive area, to move to a cheaper location.

I've also worked a job where the pay sucked, and I did this amazing thing called "Find another job".

I don't understand this weird non-sense that you have person in an expensive area.... and they refuse to get a better job, and refuse to move to where they can afford to live.

And then you come on here, and act like "Republicans should show me a budget where this works!"

NO... sorry. It's not other people's job, to make your life work. If your life doesn't work, the solution is in your mirror. Listen to Michael Jackson, and start with the man in the mirror. Make a change.

If you have a complaint with your life, start with your mirror. It's not 'societies job' to fix your bad choices.

A

If when he was on stage with those 17 candidates and said Americans NOT Mexico were going to pay for that wall he'd be in Fla and NY now ripping off whomever he could

You people are such puppets. Trump didn't win based on who would pay for the wall, he won because he was the only candidate that promised to build it. To try and convince you sheep, the Democrats planted this nonsense in your head that Mexico paying for the wall was an issue with Trump voters. Trust me, it's not and never has been.

You are attempting to rewrite history here. Mexico paying for the wall was mentioned just about every time the wall was mentioned, the two themes were tied together purposefully by Trump.

For one, you don't know Trump isn't going to make them pay for it. The left has turned his statement into Trump promised Mexico will write us a check for the wall up front. Did Trump say that? I don't recall Trump saying anything about a down payment.

However if Trump only said he's going to build a wall with no mention of Mexico, every voter that voted for him last election would have still voted for him.

A
If when he was on stage with those 17 candidates and said Americans NOT Mexico were going to pay for that wall he'd be in Fla and NY now ripping off whomever he could

You people are such puppets. Trump didn't win based on who would pay for the wall, he won because he was the only candidate that promised to build it. To try and convince you sheep, the Democrats planted this nonsense in your head that Mexico paying for the wall was an issue with Trump voters. Trust me, it's not and never has been.

You are attempting to rewrite history here. Mexico paying for the wall was mentioned just about every time the wall was mentioned, the two themes were tied together purposefully by Trump.

For one, you don't know Trump isn't going to make them pay for it. The left has turned his statement into Trump promised Mexico will write us a check for the wall up front. Did Trump say that? I don't recall Trump saying anything about a down payment.

However if Trump only said he's going to build a wall with no mention of Mexico, every voter that voted for him last election would have still voted for him.

Actually, he has mentioned many ways that Mexico would pay for the wall. And, yes, he did say that they could write a check for 5 to 10 billion.

The Many Ways Trump Has Said Mexico Will Pay for the Wall

In a March 2016 memo, Mr. Trump outlined that argument in more detail and said, “It’s an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year.” Otherwise, he said, the United States would impose tariffs, cancel visas and raise visa fees.

See I don't understand that. Last year, I made a whooping $25K. For the decade prior, I never earned more than $20K a year.

I have thousands of dollars saved, and I give my tithe to my church, and I donated regularly to charity, *AND* I have money saved up in an IRA and 401K.

Now is it millions of dollars? Of course not. But I have almost as much money in savings now, as I earn in a year.

Now how can this happen, if a person making $60K a year, can't possibly save?
If I can save money earning half of $60K, how can someone earning not be able to save?

Explain.
You are one in a million

Has Pelosi shown even the slightest willingness to compromise? In any way? Trump has. So why should the person who hasn't been willing to budge even slightly not be given the blame here? The shutdown has already cost more than the wall would have cost to build. Pelosi was offered amnesty for DACA. She turned her nose up at that. This shutdown that's hurting the entire country? Nancy Pelosi OWNS it from this point forward.
Nope. Trump has said his budget request is non-negotiable. His offer is nothing on DACA . The inaction of the Supreme Court is now protecting DACA kids.

Trump said that the wall is non-negotiable, but willing to trade something with the Democrats in return. The Democrats are saying the wall is non-negotiable, but that's the only thing Trump wants and that's why we are here.
For a deal to be successful, you have to offer the other side something of value. Trump offered a temporary stay on deporting DACA kids which the Supreme is effectively doing by not hearing the case. In reality Trump offered nothing of value. The truth is Trump believed the pressure on Democrats in the House would cause them to cave in. He had no intention of actually negotiating because what he would have to offer democrats, his party would reject.

Actually, he has mentioned many ways that Mexico would pay for the wall. And, yes, he did say that they could write a check for 5 to 10 billion.

The Many Ways Trump Has Said Mexico Will Pay for the Wall

In a March 2016 memo, Mr. Trump outlined that argument in more detail and said, “It’s an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year.” Otherwise, he said, the United States would impose tariffs, cancel visas and raise visa fees.

However he did not promise Americans that's the way Mexico will pay for it. It's a false assertion that he did.

Has Pelosi shown even the slightest willingness to compromise? In any way? Trump has. So why should the person who hasn't been willing to budge even slightly not be given the blame here? The shutdown has already cost more than the wall would have cost to build. Pelosi was offered amnesty for DACA. She turned her nose up at that. This shutdown that's hurting the entire country? Nancy Pelosi OWNS it from this point forward.
Nope. Trump has said his budget request is non-negotiable. His offer is nothing on DACA . The inaction of the Supreme Court is now protecting DACA kids.

The fact is...Trump has offered a compromise. Pelosi and the Democrats have offered nothing. If one side is willing to compromise and the other is not...then who's at fault for the continuing impasse?
Trump offered a bag full of nothing, a temporary stay on deporting DACA kids which the court has already done by not hearing the case. Secondly, there is no way in the world that Trump would start deporting 700,000 DACA young people during the presidential election season. There is strong opposition to this on both sides.

Trump said that the wall is non-negotiable, but willing to trade something with the Democrats in return. The Democrats are saying the wall is non-negotiable, but that's the only thing Trump wants and that's why we are here.
For a deal to be successful, you have to offer the other side something of value. Trump offered a temporary stay on deporting DACA kids which the Supreme is effectively doing by not hearing the case. In reality Trump offered nothing of value. The truth is Trump believed the pressure on Democrats in the House would cause them to cave in. He had no intention of actually negotiating because what he would have to offer democrats, his party would reject.

So I have to explain how negotiations work?

President: I want X, Y and Z
Congress: We will give you X and Y, but only if you give us P,Q and R!

President: I refuse to give you R, but will give you P and Q.
Congress: Okay, but then you get a little less of X.

Deal.

Current negotiations:

President: I want X,Y and Z.
Congress: No, and I'm taking a Hawaiian vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back