If The Economy Is So Great Why Can't Most People Miss One Paycheck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A
dirty shame that one man can make life miserable for so many and while she doesn't get as much blame imo pelosi's hands aren't clean either
I'm actually starting to admire Pelosi a little more. I liked PayGo when W was potus. And I don't see her options with Trump. I think it's clear the dems are signaling they'll consider an offer from Trump that doesn't include the Wall across Texas. Trump never won a popular mandate for it, and the dems just handed the gop their asses. If Trump can force his will through blackmailing by hurting over a million workers and negatively affecting our safety ... we both know damn well the SOB will do it over and over. There's only one way to stand up to a bully.
If when he was on stage with those 17 candidates and said Americans NOT Mexico were going to pay for that wall he'd be in Fla and NY now ripping off whomever he could

You people are such puppets. Trump didn't win based on who would pay for the wall, he won because he was the only candidate that promised to build it. To try and convince you sheep, the Democrats planted this nonsense in your head that Mexico paying for the wall was an issue with Trump voters. Trust me, it's not and never has been.

You are attempting to rewrite history here. Mexico paying for the wall was mentioned just about every time the wall was mentioned, the two themes were tied together purposefully by Trump.

For one, you don't know Trump isn't going to make them pay for it. The left has turned his statement into Trump promised Mexico will write us a check for the wall up front. Did Trump say that? I don't recall Trump saying anything about a down payment.

However if Trump only said he's going to build a wall with no mention of Mexico, every voter that voted for him last election would have still voted for him.
We have no express immigration or wall building clause.

The cost of living varies widely depending on where you are in the U.S. I've been waiting for the republicans to figure this out and prepare sample budgets for families of the various income brackets in the context of where they are within the 50 states. republicans appear to be deaf. They seem to have no knowledge of the economy and cost of living in any given area. In comparing incomes, compare the costs of living in your area. Where I live, in northern Virginia, try finding housing for under $1,000 a month.

Well yes. This is another baffling aspect of left-wing ideology.

If you can't make it where you are, then you need to engage in one of two things....

A: Increase your income until you can.
B: Move to where you can.

Throughout all human history, people have moved to where they can have a better life, if they could not make it where they are.

So if you make a crap wage..... and you live in a high-cost-of-living area.... either find a way to increase your income, or find another place to live.

I've done this. I moved out of an expensive area, to move to a cheaper location.

I've also worked a job where the pay sucked, and I did this amazing thing called "Find another job".

I don't understand this weird non-sense that you have person in an expensive area.... and they refuse to get a better job, and refuse to move to where they can afford to live.

And then you come on here, and act like "Republicans should show me a budget where this works!"

NO... sorry. It's not other people's job, to make your life work. If your life doesn't work, the solution is in your mirror. Listen to Michael Jackson, and start with the man in the mirror. Make a change.

If you have a complaint with your life, start with your mirror. It's not 'societies job' to fix your bad choices.

"Left-wing ideology" has nothing to do with it. Reality and practicality do. The "get a job" crackpots never consider whether "better" jobs are actually available, depending on the person's skills, the actual costs of moving around, the availibility of such necessities as transportation, education, and medical care, and the impact of a transient lifestyle on children.. Of course, this lifestyle precludes buying a home, so how are American families supposed to live.

The "get a job" thing is just another version of the "let them eat cake" nonsense. It is the result of some people living in a fantasy world and wanting the rest of us to join them.

Moreover, what if a family adheres to one of those religions that prohibit birth control. Since mommy has to stay home with all those kids according to the right-wing fantasy, this leaves daddy to figure out how to support the entire family.

The above is why Iike to see reports prepared by professionals, in writing, that detail what a proposed policy would accomplish and how, not just crazy theories and name-calling.

The cost of living varies widely depending on where you are in the U.S. I've been waiting for the republicans to figure this out and prepare sample budgets for families of the various income brackets in the context of where they are within the 50 states. republicans appear to be deaf. They seem to have no knowledge of the economy and cost of living in any given area. In comparing incomes, compare the costs of living in your area. Where I live, in northern Virginia, try finding housing for under $1,000 a month.

If you can't make it where you are, then you need to engage in one of two things....

Throughout all human history, people have moved to where they can have a better life, if they could not make it where they are.

So if you make a crap wage..... and you live in a high-cost-of-living area.... either find a way to increase your income, or find another place to live.

I've done this. I moved out of an expensive area, to move to a cheaper location.

I've also worked a job where the pay sucked, and I did this amazing thing called "Find another job".

I don't understand this weird non-sense that you have person in an expensive area.... and they refuse to get a better job, and refuse to move to where they can afford to live.

And then you come on here, and act like "Republicans should show me a budget where this works!"

NO... sorry. It's not other people's job, to make your life work. If your life doesn't work, the solution is in your mirror. Listen to Michael Jackson, and start with the man in the mirror. Make a change.

If you have a complaint with your life, start with your mirror. It's not 'societies job' to fix your bad choices.

"Left-wing ideology" has nothing to do with it. Reality and practicality do. The "get a job" crackpots never consider whether "better" jobs are actually available, depending on the person's skills, the actual costs of moving around, the availibility of such necessities as transportation, education, and medical care, and the impact of a transient lifestyle on children.. Of course, this lifestyle precludes buying a home, so how are American families supposed to live.

The "get a job" thing is just another version of the "let them eat cake" nonsense. It is the result of some people living in a fantasy world and wanting the rest of us to join them.

Moreover, what if a family adheres to one of those religions that prohibit birth control. Since mommy has to stay home with all those kids according to the right-wing fantasy, this leaves daddy to figure out how to support the entire family.

The above is why Iike to see reports prepared by professionals, in writing, that detail what a proposed policy would accomplish and how, not just crazy theories and name-calling.[/QUOTE

getting a job and paying your fair share is not a crazy theory,,,but a proven tactic to get and keep yourself out of the poor house

and no policy to date has done anything but hurt the people and the country

The above is why Iike to see reports prepared by professionals, in writing, that detail what a proposed policy would accomplish and how, not just crazy theories and name-calling.

getting a job and paying your fair share is not a crazy theory,,,but a proven tactic to get and keep yourself out of the poor house

Most people do have jobs and pay their fair share.Then they get laid off, the plant closes, they get caught in a stupid payless government shutdown. Lots of things happen. You need to start living in the real world and stop thinking that finding someone to blame solves everything..

Most people do have jobs and pay their fair share.Then they get laid off, the plant closes, they get caught in a stupid payless government shutdown. Lots of things happen. You need to start living in the real world and stop thinking that finding someone to blame solves everything..

I've lived in the real world for 53 yrs and have lost many jobs and the one thing that got me out of it every single time is getting another job instead of waiting for the government or anyone else to get me out of it

when did I blame anyone but myself???

Get into a field of demand. That's what I did. I wanted to make sure that I never had to be one of those people on a news segment crying because government isn't doing enough to create jobs for me. You can do it if you exercise responsibility, not start a family until you are totally financially secure, and do whatever it takes to meet your goals.

Walmart to hire hundreds of truck drivers, raise salary to nearly $90,000

Has Pelosi shown even the slightest willingness to compromise? In any way? Trump has. So why should the person who hasn't been willing to budge even slightly not be given the blame here? The shutdown has already cost more than the wall would have cost to build. Pelosi was offered amnesty for DACA. She turned her nose up at that. This shutdown that's hurting the entire country? Nancy Pelosi OWNS it from this point forward.
Nope. Trump has said his budget request is non-negotiable. His offer is nothing on DACA . The inaction of the Supreme Court is now protecting DACA kids.

Trump said that the wall is non-negotiable, but willing to trade something with the Democrats in return. The Democrats are saying the wall is non-negotiable, but that's the only thing Trump wants and that's why we are here.
For a deal to be successful, you have to offer the other side something of value. Trump offered a temporary stay on deporting DACA kids which the Supreme is effectively doing by not hearing the case. In reality Trump offered nothing of value. The truth is Trump believed the pressure on Democrats in the House would cause them to cave in. He had no intention of actually negotiating because what he would have to offer democrats, his party would reject.

In reality, the Democrats haven't offered anything at all, except "Do it our way, or else".

The truth is, the Democrats still believe the pressure on the White House will allow them to get everything their way without compromise. They're very clear that they have no intention of negotiating.

"How dare you suggest that my life is my responsibility? I can't possibly be expected to do anything to fix my situation, because EXCUSES! Now give me money and take care of me!"

Does anyone else hear Bruce Springsteen playing in the background?

I've lived in the real world for 53 yrs and have lost many jobs and the one thing that got me out of it every single time is getting another job instead of waiting for the government or anyone else to get me out of it

when did I blame anyone but myself???
Not in manufacturing?

why do we have any poor at all if capitalism can save us?

There are always better paying jobs available. Now when you say "better jobs"... that's subjective.

Do you want to work at a construction site, in the middle of August, or go shingle a roof in the middle of July.... well of course not. But they sure pay more than Wendy's.

Some of the jobs I just punched in... $17/hr drywall, framing, construction. $14/hr Delivery driver. $16/hr entry level roofer, and training.

That required less than 60 seconds to look up.

But those are hard work.... but they most certainly pay more than Wendy's.

Even within crap McJobs.... Back in the 90s, I worked at McDonald's, when the minimum wage was $4.25/hr. They offered me a position at the McDonald's in downtown Columbus, which would start at $10/hour. I could have doubled my wage. Did I take the job? No. Because it was far from home, and that McDonald's was packed night and day. Non-stop pressure to go go go.

But here's the kicker.... I didn't take the job and double my pay, and I also didn't complain about how the Republicans were magically at fault for me not having more money.

And then here is the other side to this...... when I was in college, I made some horrifically bad choices that caused me to be deeply in debt. Ironically none of it was student loans. It was all bad choices outside of school.

So I did something amazing..... I got more than one job. In fact for awhile I was working three jobs. I had a job on campus, then after school, I had a job at a grocery store, and then I had a job on the weekends.

I know this sounds crazy, but you can actually work more than one job. I have known many guys that worked multiple jobs for years. That's what a responsible adult does, when it is required.

What a responsible adult does not do, is sit on their butts, scream at 'evil republicans', and demand society fix their problems.

I also deny that this prevents people from buying a home. I know many people who earn not much more than I do, who own homes. It all depends on if you blow your money, or save it. It depends on if you demand you live in the uppity areas, or in the boonies.

When I was working at the dealership, there were guys there that lived in mansions... while doing oil changes. How? They drove out side the city, and lived on a dirt road. Houses are cheaper outside the city.

Now if you have to live in the fancy apartment, in the middle of downtown, where all the clubs and 'night-life' is..... yeah, you can't do that on a low wage.

So... I had to laugh.

neds.jpg

The picture you are looking at, is of one family. The two people in the middle there, had 13 kids.

They (obviously) did not practice birth control, and the woman was a stay at home wife.

So you see that beat down, miserable wretch of a man, having anxiety and panic attacks, on the verge of a mental break down? You see him? No? You don't see a guy with a noose around his neck ready to end it all after having a bunch of kids with a women who doesn't work?

Or do you see a guy surrounded by his family that love him, next to his faithful wife, who has been by his side throughout his life?

Must have been a CEO right? Not exactly. He worked as a personal bank manager, which is roughly a $35K a year job. Now he moved up, until he was making about $50K. However then he made a career change, and ended up working at a church, and that cut his pay by almost 1/3rd.

So how did they pay for everything!

Easy. Their kids worked. As soon as they turned 16, they were expected to get a job, and help around the house. They always had a full garden, rather than a backyard. They were growing food constantly.

How did they pay for college!

They kids were expected to work. They all got jobs, and worked through college. Their parents provided no money for school, or living expenses.

How did that go!

One works for a major bank now. Another is a internet programmer for a large company. One half way through a law degree. (yes she is working her way through). One is a counselor for student loans, which I always found ironic given she avoided student loans completely, but now counsels people on how to deal with them.. Another works at a college.

They are all doing fine. Four of them are already married.

You know what they didn't get?

They didn't get shiny new cars. I remember they had this old van, that was 5 years old when they bought it, and they still had that same van a decade later. They didn't get big screen tvs, and cable with all the premium and sports channels. They didn't have the latest greatest game system. They didn't have shiny new gadgets, and smart phones (unless their kids saved up and bought them, themselves). They didn't have all the name brand clothes, but rather all the stuff they could find at the goodwill stores. Their kids were still riding bikes to work, when I was driving a car.

And thus far, every single one of their kids, has done better in life than me, by wide margin.

So with all due respect...... I find it humorous when people like you start bad mouthing people who practice their faith, and talk about styles of living that you have never engaged in, and know little about.

Oh and by the way..... there are three such families that were in the church that I grew up in. All have done equally well.

Last edited:
Why Can't Most People Miss One Paycheck?

Because they are ignorant liberals, 90% of goverment workers are liberal leeches.

It is obviously that a lot of right-wingers cannot work through the basic logistics of solving a problem. We live in a society, not a gaggle of selfish strangers living out in the desert popping babies. Capitalism has problems that have to be tackled at the group level, the societal level.

It is obviously that a lot of right-wingers cannot work through the basic logistics of solving a problem. We live in a society, not a gaggle of selfish strangers living out in the desert popping babies. Capitalism has problems that have to be tackled at the group level, the societal level.
thats fascism not capitalism

Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of radical authoritarian ultranationalism,[1][2][3][4] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy

explan how the above statement falls under...Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of radical authoritarian ultranationalism,[1][2][3][4] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy

explan how the above statement falls under...Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of radical authoritarian ultranationalism,[1][2][3][4] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy

thats simple,,,

her plan requires a dictatorial power to tackle and fix/control what is supposed to be a free market or voluntary action through a regimentation of society,

in other words if we dont do what they say then guns get used to force us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back