If they choose to - can House Democrats impeach Trump?

Here's my take on it.

House Democrats will now have complete power to investigate and vote on articles of impeachment. Knowing that it would then take two-thirds of the Senate to convict, the House findings combined with Mueller's report could be so overwhelming that the Senate could be compelled to convict. It's even possible that Pence could also be impeached and convicted. Keep in mind that new House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is third in line for the presidency.

My guess is that House Democrats will not rush to impeach Trump - but I feel certain they will investigate the hell out of him and let the chips fall where they may. Mueller's findings will be paramount in whatever they decide.

Well, that's my take on it. What do you think?

When are you going to figure out Mueller has shot his wad, a sever disappointment is in your near future. The commies in the house can go through their mental masturbation and pass some bullshit articles of impeachment, but Trump will never be convicted in the senate.

Mueller has not even tipped his hand

Mueller filed charges on every Russian suspected without naming any American conspirators. That was the extent of his mandate and it was completed months ago. If he's just out fishing, the new AG should reel his ass in. Pun intended.

Here's my take on it.

House Democrats will now have complete power to investigate and vote on articles of impeachment. Knowing that it would then take two-thirds of the Senate to convict, the House findings combined with Mueller's report could be so overwhelming that the Senate could be compelled to convict. It's even possible that Pence could also be impeached and convicted. Keep in mind that new House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is third in line for the presidency.

My guess is that House Democrats will not rush to impeach Trump - but I feel certain they will investigate the hell out of him and let the chips fall where they may. Mueller's findings will be paramount in whatever they decide.

When are you going to figure out Mueller has shot his wad, a sever disappointment is in your near future. The commies in the house can go through their mental masturbation and pass some bullshit articles of impeachment, but Trump will never be convicted in the senate.

*Sigh* Funny how we "know" every twist and turn the investigation has taken, but "nothing" has leaked.
Unlike Comey who never met a camera he didn’t like....Mueller and his team have been very quiet as they carefully construct their case.

That is what is driving Trump nuts......he doesn’t know what his people have said

Here's my take on it.

Mueller filed charges on every Russian suspected without naming any American conspirators. That was the extent of his mandate and it was completed months ago. If he's just out fishing, the new AG should reel his ass in. Pun intended.

Flynn, Manafort, Cohen and others have accepted plea deals in return for testimony. Nobody offers a plea to a lesser charge without getting something valuable in return.

Trump has a reason to be worried and he doesn’t have a Republican House to run interference for him

Here's my take on it.

I think that it would be a good times for ALL members of congress to take a pledge saying that they will only impeach and remove a President if there is very VALID reason for doing so.

Democrats should not impeach just because the don't like Trump and disagree with his policies. Impeachment is not to be exercised as a legislative coup.

Republicans should be willing to impaech and remove him from office if there is a VALID reason for doing so - they should not give into partisanship to protect any Presdient.

The Republicans would be more likely to go to him privately and say, "Look, either you resign, or we're going to impeach you", the way they did with Nixon. They're not willing to tolerate and support that level of offense, but they'd also prefer not to put the nation through a spectacle if they can help it.

If he refused to cooperate, then yeah, I think they'd be willing to impeach him if it were warranted.

That being said, I have never seen any evidence that Trump has committed an impeachment-level offense. I don't like the guy, but that's not enough.

He has been implicated in two felonies with Cohen. I have heard his girlfriend...Graham.... say that is not good enough to impeach....What is? Does he have to murder someone?

Here's my take on it.

Flynn, Manafort, Cohen and others have accepted plea deals in return for testimony. Nobody offers a plea to a lesser charge without getting something valuable in return.

Trump has a reason to be worried and he doesn’t have a Republican House to run interference for him
OMG can you really be serious that the clown car of democrats in-charge of the House will be able to do anything legal?
If/when they impeach Trump for some bullshit charges, the Senate will circular file them in short order. Next....more gridlock...

Here's my take on it.

You're making assumptions you can't possibly back up.

Here's my take on it.

I think that it would be a good times for ALL members of congress to take a pledge saying that they will only impeach and remove a President if there is very VALID reason for doing so.

Democrats should not impeach just because the don't like Trump and disagree with his policies. Impeachment is not to be exercised as a legislative coup.

Republicans should be willing to impaech and remove him from office if there is a VALID reason for doing so - they should not give into partisanship to protect any Presdient.

The Republicans would be more likely to go to him privately and say, "Look, either you resign, or we're going to impeach you", the way they did with Nixon. They're not willing to tolerate and support that level of offense, but they'd also prefer not to put the nation through a spectacle if they can help it.

If he refused to cooperate, then yeah, I think they'd be willing to impeach him if it were warranted.

That being said, I have never seen any evidence that Trump has committed an impeachment-level offense. I don't like the guy, but that's not enough.

He has been implicated in two felonies with Cohen. I have heard his girlfriend...Graham.... say that is not good enough to impeach....What is? Does he have to murder someone?

He hasn't been implicated in a damn thing, you idiots are grasping at thin air.

Here's my take on it.

OMG can you really be serious that the clown car of democrats in-charge of the House will be able to do anything legal?
If/when they impeach Trump for some bullshit charges, the Senate will circular file them in short order. Next....more gridlock...

Trump does not have Nunes running interference for him anymore
All the witnesses and testimony that Democrats wanted, but Nunes rejected will now be heard

Mueller is writing his report. Nunes will not be able to redact any of it

If impeachment comes, it will not be over petty charges like a blow job

All the witnesses and testimony that Democrats wanted, but Nunes rejected will now be heard

I agree!

Trump doesn't need Nunes to run interference, he has Whitaker and the Senate.
Call all the witnesses you dems want, collusion is not a crime.
Mueller's report will be sent to Whitaker, any bets on what happens after the House subpoenas it?
Impeachment can come, and it can go....and Trump will be re-elected in 2020.

Here's my take on it.

Maybe if you didn't define "implicated" as "someone said it, and I really want to believe it, who needs that evidence shit?!"

Here's my take on it.

You'd have thought the whole Kavanaugh debacle would have inspired Democrats to at least be curious about this whole "evidence and proof" thing we keep mentioning, wouldn't you?

Here's my take on it.

You'd have thought the whole Kavanaugh debacle would have inspired Democrats to at least be curious about this whole "evidence and proof" thing we keep mentioning, wouldn't you?

We were "curious". Why weren't you? Trump prevented the FBI from thoroughly investigating the claims against Kavanaugh. They didn't even interview Dr. Ford or Kavanaugh - let alone the other accusers.

Here's my take on it.

Feeling require no evidence, didn't ya know that?

LOL yep. For the next 2 years, nothing but impeachment hearings.

LOL... It's going to be SNL on the house floor every day. Just somehow even less funny.

I'm sure House Democrats can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Not as long as Maxine Waters is there! I hate to break this to you, Shitting Bull but your party is full of some of the biggest idiots on the planet! From the over the hill ones like Maxine and Nancy Pelosi to the vapid youngsters like Ocasio-Cortez...you've got more idiots sitting on your side of the aisle than I've ever seen before!

Hank Johnson is still the king of stupid.

We were "curious". Why weren't you? Trump prevented the FBI from thoroughly investigating the claims against Kavanaugh. They didn't even interview Dr. Ford or Kavanaugh - let alone the other accusers.

They had Ford's and Kavanaugh's sworn testimony, Ford was asked at the end of her testimony if she had anything to add, she said NO. What would have been the point of further interviews?

Forum List

Back