If this is true, we are in trouble...

This stuff has been true for a long time

Americans do not save
Do not like to save
Yeah it is all the fault of poor and middle class. Government, establishment, political parties, capitalism, the ruling class are blameless.

LMFAO!

The government establishment, political parties, capitalism, the ruling class never made me spend more than I make
The government establishment, political parties, capitalism, the ruling class never stopped me from saving money

Stop blaming everyone else for your failures
It has nothing to do with saving or spending. It has everything to do with opportunity, freedom, and justice for all.

I’ve done extraordinarily well but unlike you, I care about my fellow man and the future of the country.

When enormous wealth is obtained by a small elite, opportunity, freedom, and justice are diminished for the vast majority of the people. We are witnessing it first hand but some like you, are blind to reality.

Savings leads to opportunity.

Saving leads to financial freedom

If you save your money you will be in control of your own fate.

So if you really cared about your fellow man you would be telling them to save their money and not denigrating them by telling them that the fucking government has to come to their aid.

You did well but do you really think everyone else is so pathetic they can't do as well or better than you unless the fucking government steps in?
I'm afraid you will never understand. Many Americans must endure tough circumstances in their youth. Their parents aren't around or harm them in some way. They attend pubic schools that teach them nothing. They are exposed to all sorts of dysfunction, yet you stay tough it out. WTF is wrong with you?
I understand quite well.

My Dad was killed when I was 2 and my mother is a bipolar psycho and her second husband was verbally and physically abusive to me.

DOn't hear me whining about it.

I went to public school, Worked 35 hours a week while in HS bought my own car and put my self through college. In fact in the summer of my Junior year I started taking courses at a community college so I could get some credits to transfer in my first year of college so I was a semester ahead of the other freshmen and earned 2 bachelors and an MBA

Don't try to tell me it can't be done

I see plenty of people whining about having no money but they all seem to have plenty of dough to go out drinking or to buy cigarettes or to eat out for lunch every day or to spend 600 a month on fucking cell phones

You pay 600 a month for cable and a cell phone?

Get HULU and a Trac phone

I have six lines on my phone and no, I like my cable but thanks. I know there are alternatives. I also have Amazon Prime and Netflix.
Then stop whining how expensive it is.
he wasn't complaining.

Sure as hell sounded like it to me

I pay 600 a month for cell phones and cable and my parents never paid that much
/——/ TV was limited to three networks and was free, so was radio. Phones were expensive for the time.

And?

Still doesn't justify spending 600 a month on cell phones and cable

In fact we'd all be better of if people watched less of the fucking idiot box

Last edited:
You pay 600 a month for cable and a cell phone?

Get HULU and a Trac phone

I have six lines on my phone and no, I like my cable but thanks. I know there are alternatives. I also have Amazon Prime and Netflix.
he wasn't complaining.

I believe he was educating us on costs! Just saying

I don't need to be educated on costs neither do you as we all know what things cost today

They probably never paid that much for their mortgage yet alone television and phone.
and they were probably paying double digit interest on the mortgage

All depends. My father paid of their mortgage many years ago. I believe it was $140.00 a month.
mortgage interest in the 70's was very high

For example undocumented workers. Every business that hires one becomes a criminal when they hire an undocumented worker yet nothing is done about the crimes they commit.

They busted two pretty good sized places in my state. And the question is how many places get busted that aren't reported because it's too small of an operation? I seriously doubt they report on Ken's land scape services when they are caught.

They probably never paid that much for their mortgage yet alone television and phone.
and they were probably paying double digit interest on the mortgage

All depends. My father paid of their mortgage many years ago. I believe it was $140.00 a month.
mortgage interest in the 70's was very high

This is true but I also thing their income to payment ratio was much more reasonable than it is today.

he wasn't complaining.

/——/ TV was limited to three networks and was free, so was radio. Phones were expensive for the time.

And?

Still doesn't justify spending 600 a month on cell phones and cable

In fact we'd all be better of if people watched less of the fucking idiot box
/——/You missed my point. I’m saying my parents generation got along perfectly fine with B&W tv with 3 stations and landlines.

They busted two pretty good sized places in my state. And the question is how many places get busted that aren't reported because it's too small of an operation? I seriously doubt they report on Ken's land scape services when they are caught.

Probably not. Because people like getting their landscaping done, and frankly, the only white people who would do that are ones you wouldn't want to hire.

Now, the company that cured me of being Republican had some scrub jobs in the warehouse that were being done by undocumented workers. After I left, they got bought out by another company that laid down the law that they couldn't employ people whose "documents looked fine", which is what they were getting away with through the temp agency up to that point.

Well, they got them some white people to do those jobs. They were usually meth heads who only lasted a few weeks before they'd get high and forget where they worked. Genuinely scary people.

REally

THAT is your idea of third base?

I would have rather been born in the dugout if my dad had lived

Again, regardless of your parents, the fact that you were born white in this country gave you a huge advantage. And it was more so the case 40 years ago..

A huge advantage in what way?

All races get taxpayer funded school up to college.

All races get a fair shot at getting a job.

All races are capable of not having children until they can afford them.

All races are capable of making investments such as stock, real estate or commodities.

All races are capable of raising kids when they have them in two parent households.

So the questions is are the advantages whites have self-made or are they because of their race?

REally

THAT is your idea of third base?

I would have rather been born in the dugout if my dad had lived

Again, regardless of your parents, the fact that you were born white in this country gave you a huge advantage. And it was more so the case 40 years ago..

All races are capable of not having children until they can afford them.

All races are capable of making investments such as stock, real estate or commodities.

All races are capable of raising kids when they have them in two parent households.

So the questions is are the advantages whites have self-made or are they because of their race?
Joe is a failure despite being white

This is where you are delusional... there isn't a "Fair Shot"... Do I need to publish the study where "Greg's" resume got a call back and "Jamal's" didn't, even though they had the same qualifications?

Employers' Replies to Racial Names

because again, they are less likely to be discriminated against in housing, employment and law enforcement.

If Competition creates innovation, wage increases, and better products, then Communism, and Capitalist Monopolies BOTH get rid of competition in the market place, leading to inferiority of the system.

That's why Capitalism needs to be regulated, plain, and simple.
monopoly.jpeg

So, you have nothing but cliche's and memes and a little bit of envy. Not much of an argument

I can debate the daylights out of the issue DarkOne

And the USMB has posters who are far beyond my sophmoric take on it all

Myself, i cling to what my folks told me over a 1/2 century ago

The 'rich get richer, get poor get poorer in America'

the specifics, well they are all about who can digest the details and have the horsepower to keep up, believe me i do struggle at times

Unfortunately , few can follow, do the math, or rise above their petty partisan views

~S~
Too bad that neat little phrase -- from a song titled Everybody Knows by Leonard Cohen -- is simply not true. The rich get richer, but the poor get richer as well.

One needs only look about the world to see that is the case.

Forum List

Back