If this is true, we are in trouble...

So, you have nothing but cliche's and memes and a little bit of envy. Not much of an argument

I can debate the daylights out of the issue DarkOne

And the USMB has posters who are far beyond my sophmoric take on it all

Myself, i cling to what my folks told me over a 1/2 century ago

The 'rich get richer, get poor get poorer in America'

the specifics, well they are all about who can digest the details and have the horsepower to keep up, believe me i do struggle at times

Unfortunately , few can follow, do the math, or rise above their petty partisan views

~S~
Too bad that neat little phrase -- from a song titled Everybody Knows by Leonard Cohen -- is simply not true. The rich get richer, but the poor get richer as well.

One needs only look about the world to see that is the case.
Policies helping the rich get richer and the poor poorer, report says - Los Angeles Times
So, you have nothing but cliche's and memes and a little bit of envy. Not much of an argument

the specifics, well they are all about who can digest the details and have the horsepower to keep up, believe me i do struggle at times

Unfortunately , few can follow, do the math, or rise above their petty partisan views

~S~
Too bad that neat little phrase -- from a song titled Everybody Knows by Leonard Cohen -- is simply not true. The rich get richer, but the poor get richer as well.

sure.....

Home | World Inequality Report 2018

The global top 1% earners has captured twice as much of that growth as the 50% poorest individuals. The bottom 50% has nevertheless enjoyed important growth rates. The global middle class (which contains all of the poorest 90% income groups in the EU and the United States) has been squeezed.

~S~

Policies helping the rich get richer and the poor poorer, report says - Los Angeles Times

~S~

sure.....

Home | World Inequality Report 2018

The global top 1% earners has captured twice as much of that growth as the 50% poorest individuals. The bottom 50% has nevertheless enjoyed important growth rates. The global middle class (which contains all of the poorest 90% income groups in the EU and the United States) has been squeezed.
So, compare the poor in the world to the poor in America.

Then compare economic systems.

The poor get richer in America because of America and our economic system.

BTW...did you ever find out how the rich were rapping you? I mean, real and tangible ways in which they are taking assets from your pocket and food from your table?

So, compare the poor in the world to the poor in America.

Anyone can make comparissions to sh*tholistan DarkOne , they are a poor metric used by sorts that simply can't debate the fact we've been in a state of decline for a over a generation

The poor get richer in America because of America and our economic system.

and a few more welfare crumbs quantifies this?

ah, no, we're talking the middle class

Talkiing about this countries poor paints anyone a liberal

BTW...did you ever find out how the rich were rapping you? I mean, real and tangible ways in which they are taking assets from your pocket and food from your table?

You've been shown multiple times, by multiple posters

Simply choosing to ignore evidence is ,quite frankly , why the phenomenon continues

~S~

A huge advantage in what way?

All races get taxpayer funded school up to college.

All races get a fair shot at getting a job.

This is where you are delusional... there isn't a "Fair Shot"... Do I need to publish the study where "Greg's" resume got a call back and "Jamal's" didn't, even though they had the same qualifications?

Employers' Replies to Racial Names

So the questions is are the advantages whites have self-made or are they because of their race?

because again, they are less likely to be discriminated against in housing, employment and law enforcement.
/----/ Black or White, don't give your kids weird made up names, especially #8. You only handicap them for life.
60) Latifah
59) Shaniqua
58) Latoya
57) Laquisha
56) La'Kisha
55) La'Tanya
54) Rohandra
53) Bon'Quisha
52) Sha'Tanya
51) Toprameneesha
50) La'Quishria
49) Bonifa
48) Shataniana
47) Levondia
46) Bufanaquishria
45) La'Quishraniqua
44) Barbeesha
43) Mo'Nique
42) Abduiniana
41) Fo'Landra
40) Kisha
39) Bon'Qui Qui
38) V'Lanta'la'mana'ma'nisha
37) Sha'Nay Nay
36) Tay Tay
35) Da'Quonde
34) La'Trice
33) Deedra
32) Tramicia
31) De'Lanice
30) Ka'Likatifrianiqua
29) Sha'Londria
28) Sha'Quonda
27) Elephantisha
26) La'Quaysha
25) Guuuuuurrrrrrllllll
24) Qua'Lifriaqui'Sha'Niquia
23) Cornbreesha
22) Congratulashayla
21) Barackisha
20) Obamaniqua
19) Koolaidria
18) Spongebobeeshia
17) Clitorisandrea
16) Fa'Nay Nay
15) Comptonia
14) Harlemisha
13) Beetovenice
12) Watermelondrea
11) Cellularphoniqua
10) Unidastazovamerikaaliqua
9) Alejandrisha
8) King'Kong'Quisha
7) Fri'Chickenisha
6) Colla'Greeniqua
5) Grapedrankisha
4) Africanishaniqua
3) Que'Shayda
2) La'Taniana'Bo'Vanashrianiqualiquanice
1) Courtney

YEah how much will you sell your resume cut and paste "business" for when you retire?

yOu mean the business that brings in revenues with almost no expenses... that business?

Trust me, I'm going to have plenty of assets when I retire....

Yeah sure.

So how much can you sell it for?

I'll help you out here ZERO that's how much

If you can't sell it it's not an asset

Here's a link to ceo pay then and now. This trend towards most of the profits in America going to the few at the top and corporations, the wealth inequality, helps explain why the working class has lost much ground. Got you on ignore uncensored, so won't be able to see any response by you.

CEO Pay Has Grown 90 Times Faster than Typical Worker Pay Since 1978

so what is your answer to that? Government limits on pay? 96% tax rates? CEO pay is determined by the corporate board of directors and is almost always tied to what the stock price does and the financial success of the corporation. Much like a football player who gets a bonus when his team wins the super bowl, or an actor when his movie breaks sales records. In this country we pay for results. ]

I think your real issue is envy and jealousy.

It's not a big conundrum.

All that needs to happen is to take away all the tax benefits of moving jobs out of America and impose huge penalties to move our jobs to low wage nations.

Impose huge penalties in the form of huge taxes on all companies that move our jobs to other nations. Make it very expensive to move our jobs out of our nation. The republicans enacted tax laws that reward companies for moving out of our nation in the reagan years when reagan was sending our jobs to Japan. When the House was in democratic hands in 2007 they passed a bill that removed tax benefits for moving our jobs to other nations. The republicans filibustered it when it got to the senate. republicans won't do one thing to penalize any company that moves our jobs to other nations.

When greedy CEOs and business owners see that it's more expensive to move our jobs out of the nation they will stop doing it.

Tariffs won't stop it. Giving corporations and business huge tax cuts won't stop it.

Imposing huge penalties will.

However, I thought trump and republicans have been declaring us at full employment with 3.7% unemployment. Why would anyone worry about jobs being sent off shore if we have such low unemployment?

By the way, the unemployment rate was 4.7% when Obama left office. trump has lowered the unemployment rate by 1% in nearly 2 years, yet republicans and conservatives believe he's responsible for such a low unemployment rate.

When any republican lowers the unemployment rate from 10% down to 4.7% I'll give them credit for it. Yet I've not seem any republican president do that in the last over 20 years.

The Capitalist Republican solution is to have Americans compete with China's wages.

Apparently we deserve less as a society.

No, but we can't have unions forcing companies to grossly overpay their workers while Chinese make what they do. You can't compete that way, and outside of government, unions are now a thing of the past.

No you don't compete with China in the first place, you even the score, by throwing CEO's behind bars who outsource as a criminalized behavior, you make an example, and they'll behave. If they try to move their companies out of the country, you Nationalize them.

Leadership by example, to put them into line by fear.

I certainly don't want Chinese to make the same income as us, but it's happening, meaning China will become the top power house.
That's a problem for us.

I certainly don't want Americans to make the same income as us, but it's happening, meaning American workers will lose income.
That's again, another problem for us.

In a free country we don't allow government to run our businesses. If you think that's a great idea, maybe Cuba is more suited for your liking.

Over here, businesses compete by producing and selling at the cheapest cost. It's been that way for decades now. CEO's are not in charge of that, the American consumer is. And until we can adjust our way of thinking when it comes to purchases, it will stay that way.

You can't blame a CEO because a CEO is answering the demands of his or her customers. HTF can you make that a crime or illegal?

Actually, the USA long had strong business regulation through state regulations.

The Rise of Corporations — Global Issues

RACHEL #488: FIXING CORPORATIONS--PART 1: LEGACY OF THE FOUNDING PARENTS

To say that the USA customer is responsible for outsourcing beyond the CEO, is flat out ridiculous.

The CEO's started the outsourcing, and eventually it has got to the point where everybody has to outsource to compete, we don't even have much of a choice anymore.

Because of falling real wages, we are getting also to the point where we also are forced to buy cheaper, and those real wages are falling because of outsourced jobs in large part.

What's best for the people is what's best for the people.

That's not necessarily freedom, if our society is falling apart because of free will, then freedom therefor has very little, in fact perhaps a negative value.

corporations outsourced in order to avoid oppressive US regulations and taxes. Many of those have been removed by Trump and corporations are now moving back to this country and expanding in this country. It wasn't really about greed, it was about survival. Obama was determined to bring this country to its knees and he almost succeeded.

I have six lines on my phone and no, I like my cable but thanks. I know there are alternatives. I also have Amazon Prime and Netflix.
Then stop whining how expensive it is.
he wasn't complaining.

Sure as hell sounded like it to me

I pay 600 a month for cell phones and cable and my parents never paid that much
/——/ TV was limited to three networks and was free, so was radio. Phones were expensive for the time.

And?

Still doesn't justify spending 600 a month on cell phones and cable

In fact we'd all be better of if people watched less of the fucking idiot box

#1) Its not just cable. It is a bundle of phone, Internet and home security. Getting it all separately would be about the same cost and have 4 different providers? Why? I can do it all in one shot for less than $300.

#2) Phones include my parents and they live in a tough are for reception where only Verizon works well. So I am pot committed to Verizon.

$600 is not terrible for all these necessary services, that were not necessary back when I was a kid.

These statistics are claimed to be true:
1. 50% of American wage earners earn less than $30k.
2. 63% of Americans can’t afford a $1,000 emergency.
3. 80% of American workers live pay check to pay check.
4. Since 1973 American productivity has increased by 77%, yet hourly pay has grown by 12%. If the minimum wage was tracked to productivity, it would be over $20 an hour today.
5. 41% of American workers earn less than $12 per hour, with most without employer provided HC.
6. Since 2008 the federal government and the Fed created $26 trillion out of nothing. Was any of this enormous sum spent on infrastructure, public education, universal HC, bail out 5.1 million people who lost their homes?

Not a pretty picture for the poor and middle class. Hopefully things are improving or we are headed for big trouble.
What makes you not think it's true?

Also, what's your source for this old news?

I have six lines on my phone and no, I like my cable but thanks. I know there are alternatives. I also have Amazon Prime and Netflix.
he wasn't complaining.

/——/ TV was limited to three networks and was free, so was radio. Phones were expensive for the time.

And?

i hate it when people tell others how to live. just saying.

he wasn't complaining.

I believe he was educating us on costs! Just saying

I don't need to be educated on costs neither do you as we all know what things cost today
well maybe we weren't the target audience. Just saying, you have no idea without asking him.

he wasn't complaining.

And?

/——/You missed my point. I’m saying my parents generation got along perfectly fine with B&W tv with 3 stations and landlines.
so did I. I however, see technology and have bought in. It's my right.

he wasn't complaining.

And?

i hate it when people tell others how to live. just saying.
I'm not telling anyone what to do just don't fucking whine about what you CHOOSE to do

I choose to spend X dollars on this thing and it's soooooo expensive

he wasn't complaining.

I believe he was educating us on costs! Just saying

I don't need to be educated on costs neither do you as we all know what things cost today
well maybe we weren't the target audience. Just saying, you have no idea without asking him.

Do you think anyone alive right now doesn't know what things cost?

None of this shit is rocket science.

If you don't want to improve your financial situation then don't but don't try telling other people that you can't

Here's a link to ceo pay then and now. This trend towards most of the profits in America going to the few at the top and corporations, the wealth inequality, helps explain why the working class has lost much ground. Got you on ignore uncensored, so won't be able to see any response by you.

CEO Pay Has Grown 90 Times Faster than Typical Worker Pay Since 1978

so what is your answer to that? Government limits on pay? 96% tax rates? CEO pay is determined by the corporate board of directors and is almost always tied to what the stock price does and the financial success of the corporation. Much like a football player who gets a bonus when his team wins the super bowl, or an actor when his movie breaks sales records. In this country we pay for results. ]

I think your real issue is envy and jealousy.
so the funny thing is, if the government takes the money, there is zero accountability to where that money goes. Ain't that a kick in the head? Thanks Dean!!!!

Forum List

Back