If Trickle Down Economics doesn't work, then how do you explain the love for Stimulus?

While the rich guy would just buy another car with it. And that car would most likely be an import, like a Mercedes, or a BMW, and Audi, a Jaguar, Lexus etc.

The rich guy spent his money? Bastard!!

How much sales tax did he pay on that car?
How much money did the car dealership earn?
How many jobs did his purchase support?
$3000 ; $10,945 ; 5673

A wealthy person can fly to Europe, buy a car there for far less, put 1000 miles on it so it is labeled as used, and then bring it back to the US without paying any taxes or US dealership charges.
Sounds tricky. What’s your point?

The point is that the poor don't have the tricky options of avoiding helping to boost the US economy like the wealthy do.
I am not saying the wealthy always do avoid helping the US economy, but they can and often do.
Such as Apple moving all its production to China or a wealthy investor buying stock in Foxconn.

While the rich guy would just buy another car with it. And that car would most likely be an import, like a Mercedes, or a BMW, and Audi, a Jaguar, Lexus etc.

The rich guy spent his money? Bastard!!

How much sales tax did he pay on that car?
How much money did the car dealership earn?
How many jobs did his purchase support?
$3000 ; $10,945 ; 5673

A wealthy person can fly to Europe, buy a car there for far less, put 1000 miles on it so it is labeled as used, and then bring it back to the US without paying any taxes or US dealership charges.
Sounds tricky. What’s your point?

The point is that the poor don't have the tricky options of avoiding helping to boost the US economy like the wealthy do.
I am not saying the wealthy always do avoid helping the US economy, but they can and often do.
Such as Apple moving all its production to China or a wealthy investor buying stock in Foxconn.
The poor were not supposed to exist. Ask LBJ.

This is where I part ways with RWers and business owners, many of whom I know...Trickle Down is bullshit.
The problem?
Everyone has always wanted to live a life of luxury with the latest toys and there's "no money" to pay someone to do what you need done.
The many people I know who are employees and make several hundred thousand a year are never home and have no relationship with their spouses or children.
how does that stop spending exactly?
Who's doing almost all the complaining?
People will no skill set.
The same people who want open borders.
They're insane.

Good point.
Open borders do decrease unskilled wages.
I like open borders because I am skilled enough they are no competition, and I get to sell them stuff, like rent.

that's not a tax cut. you seem to be referring to stimulus money. And no one got 100,000. no one gets money back for tax cuts, they don't pay as much. you really aren't any good at this.

The richest 1% of taxpayers will get an average tax cut of $50,000 in 2020 from the Trump-GOP tax cuts. That’s over 75 times more than the tax cut for the bottom 80% of taxpayers, which will average $645.
except, in one of the embedded links there's this that blows your entire link apart.

WINNERS AND LOSERS The impact of the TCJA on individual taxpayers will differ depending on their income sources, marital status, family composition, and other characteristics that affect eligibility for certain income tax provisions. Our estimates of the number of taxpayers who will pay more tax or less tax than under current law exclude certain minor provisions, for which it is difficult to assign the tax changes to specific taxpayers. We estimate that in 2018, just under 65 percent of taxpayers will receive a tax cut from the included individual income tax provisions—averaging about $2,200—and about 6 percent will see an average tax increase of about $2,800 (table 2). 6 In the bottom income-quintile, 27 percent will receive a tax cut and about 1 percent will have a tax increase, with the rest having no material change in their income tax. In the middle income-quintile, 82 percent will receive a tax cut and 9 percent will have a tax increase. In the top incomequintile, 90 percent will receive a tax cut and 10 percent will have a tax increase.

that's not a tax cut. you seem to be referring to stimulus money. And no one got 100,000. no one gets money back for tax cuts, they don't pay as much. you really aren't any good at this.

The richest 1% of taxpayers will get an average tax cut of $50,000 in 2020 from the Trump-GOP tax cuts. That’s over 75 times more than the tax cut for the bottom 80% of taxpayers, which will average $645.
They also spend way more on products and services.
I love the idle rich, the second and third generation wealthy, because they spend Daddy's fortune, they didn't make it. The guy who made the fortune typically doesn't spend it because he values the work and sacrifice he put into it, whereas his children and grandchildren do, because they don't. Heck, Paris Hilton can pump more money into the economy in a single shopping trip than I do in a year.

If the tax rate were ZERO. Every dollar of investment would be money directly out of your pocket. And you would have no incentive to invest.

If I could keep 100% of my profit, I'd invest a fuck-ton.
Bullshit. You're claiming you would invest every dollar of profit, independent of the corporate tax rate. That the more net after tax profit, the more you would invest.

I love the idle rich, the second and third generation wealthy, because they spend Daddy's fortune, they didn't make it. The guy who made the fortune typically doesn't spend it because he values the work and sacrifice he put into it, whereas his children and grandchildren do, because they don't. Heck, Paris Hilton can pump more money into the economy in a single shopping trip than I do in a year.
The Liquor Industry thanks them!

I am slightly wealthy, so I don't spend hardly anything on products or services.
I can afford the tools, truck, trailer, ladders, welders, etc., so I can do it all myself.
Poor people have to spend a lot more than I do.

If the tax rate were ZERO. Every dollar of investment would be money directly out of your pocket. And you would have no incentive to invest.

If I could keep 100% of my profit, I'd invest a fuck-ton.
Bullshit. You're claiming you would invest every dollar of profit, independent of the corporate tax rate. That the more net after tax profit, the more you would invest.
Did it ever occur to you that Todd is happy with his life and family?

I am anti-Tax Breaks for moving your business off-Shore, firing millions of US Citizens and replacing them with with Business Visas and having to wait for Trump to run for anyone with an R next their name to bring up the Open Border issue
tax breaks like? be more specific. If you are referring to a corporation, I'm all for it. They hire more individuals and take people off welfare, so no money out and more revenue from working individuals. It's a great concept. Not sure what you are against though?

yep they employ individuals who then pay taxes.

I am anti-Tax Breaks for moving your business off-Shore, firing millions of US Citizens and replacing them with with Business Visas and having to wait for Trump to run for anyone with an R next their name to bring up the Open Border issue
tax breaks like? be more specific. If you are referring to a corporation, I'm all for it. They hire more individuals and take people off welfare, so no money out and more revenue from working individuals. It's a great concept. Not sure what you are against though?
GW allowed Corporations to write off their moving out of the US expenses...that's wrong.

Trickle down = cutting taxes and spending = the Newt and Clinton economy and budget surplus

Trickle down aka supply side fiscal conservatism works in reality

BIG GOVERNMENT does not

not at all what he wrote. that's sleazy on your part. shame,

Trickle down = cutting taxes and spending = the Newt and Clinton economy and budget surplus

Trickle down aka supply side fiscal conservatism works in reality

BIG GOVERNMENT does not
conservatism

Yes, not neo-Conservatism.

Link?

I did not read this link, but European companies have been offering direct overseas sales promotions for over 50 years.

The Liquor Industry thanks them!
On top of that, the wealthy buy stuff that generates good paying jobs. The middle class guy who likes boats might buy a bass boat for what, 30 grand? A rich guy who likes boats, like Lurch Kerry, buys one or more boats that cost millions. Now, which job pays more, a job mass producing bass boats or building a custom yacht? Same with cars. The guys building Bentley's make more than the guys building Hyundais. I don't resent the wealthy, I want them to flaunt their wealth and spend it, because it helps everyone when they do.

Forum List

Back