If Trump Wins the Primary

Then kiss the Presidency, senate and SCOTUS away. And we will have a liberal majority block on the SCOTUS for the next 20 yrs! It will be sick.

We could even lose the House.

The House is protected by gerrymandered districts that aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Usually the Presidential candidate will do campaigning for the down ballot races or at least raise money for them. I can't fathom anyone contested wanting to be seen with Mr. Trump or Trump campaigning for career politicians who his constituency hates.

So the Senate is pretty much gone.

If Hillary doesn't step in it, she should win the Presidency. The electoral math favors the Dems way too much for someone as divisive as Mr Trump to overcome it.

Not saying Hillary will win there, but with Trump on the ticket, Texas will be competitive. If Trump costs Republicans Texas, it could bring about permanent change in Texas. Texas is such a strong red state because Hispanics have not voted in big numbers. If they ever do and choose to vote Democrat, Republicans could lose control of Texas. Trump could be the one to galvanize the Hispanic vote in Texas for Democrats. I'm actually hearing that some Republicans may openly support Hillary over Trump.
Texas is not going blue or purple anytime soon!

Only one poll in Texas so far, and that was late last year. Trump was beating Clinton 39% to 37%, leaving a lot of undecideds. With numbers like that, it would definitely put Texas in play. Not sure that will happen yet, but I wouldn't be so certain that it won't. Reasonable people are going to reject Trump in the long run.

Then kiss the Presidency, senate and SCOTUS away. And we will have a liberal majority block on the SCOTUS for the next 20 yrs! It will be sick.

The House is protected by gerrymandered districts that aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Usually the Presidential candidate will do campaigning for the down ballot races or at least raise money for them. I can't fathom anyone contested wanting to be seen with Mr. Trump or Trump campaigning for career politicians who his constituency hates.

If Hillary doesn't step in it, she should win the Presidency. The electoral math favors the Dems way too much for someone as divisive as Mr Trump to overcome it.

Not saying Hillary will win there, but with Trump on the ticket, Texas will be competitive. If Trump costs Republicans Texas, it could bring about permanent change in Texas. Texas is such a strong red state because Hispanics have not voted in big numbers. If they ever do and choose to vote Democrat, Republicans could lose control of Texas. Trump could be the one to galvanize the Hispanic vote in Texas for Democrats. I'm actually hearing that some Republicans may openly support Hillary over Trump.
It will be purple in 20 years

Only one poll in Texas so far, and that was late last year. Trump was beating Clinton 39% to 37%, leaving a lot of undecideds. With numbers like that, it would definitely put Texas in play. Not sure that will happen yet, but I wouldn't be so certain that it won't. Reasonable people are going to reject Trump in the long run.
Be interesting to see the Republican ground game in Texas getting out the vote. Trump has no presence in Texas ....can he count on Cruz and Bush camps to get out the vote for him? Lot of bad blood there
Low turnout of conservatives will increase the influence of Hispanics

Be interesting to see the Republican ground game in Texas getting out the vote. Trump has no presence in Texas ....can he count on Cruz and Bush camps to get out the vote for him? Lot of bad blood there

Add to that Castro as Hillary's running mate, and that might move Hispanics to register and vote even more. Hillary doesn't need to win Texas, but if she can make it close so that the Republican nominee has to spend significant time there, that becomes a huge benefit.

Add to that Castro as Hillary's running mate, and that might move Hispanics to register and vote even more. Hillary doesn't need to win Texas, but if she can make it close so that the Republican nominee has to spend significant time there, that becomes a huge benefit.
Obama showed how important pounding the pavement is in getting elected in 2008 and 2012

Trump will need strong party support to work at the precinct level. I just don't see it

Forum List

Back