If You Agree That Trump Has Presidential Immunity, Then Biden has the Right to Lock Trump Up

Is he not about to be on trial for the accusations made against him?

For the record, I don’t believe presidential immunity is absolute. Obviously if one commits felonies in office, they should be held to account for them.

Presidential immunity, in my view, is legitimate, but only for things done in an official capacity.

Trump claims he has immunity under the PRA because he can unilaterally declassify documents. I can see an argument for that. If he had information the election was stolen and he wanted to send the election results back to a few states, I could even see that. However, if it is found that Trump had a hand in actually planning and orchestrating the riot that day (which there is no evidence to suggest that), then that wouldn’t be covered under presidential immunity, I wouldn’t think.
Those are like three different cases.
Trump is going for full immunity. Meaning it’s not a crime when the president does it.

That is not a standard anyone should want.
That combined with universal pardon authority would make them invincible.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
Trump is going for full immunity.

No. That’s the way he occasionally speaks. But it’s not what his legal team has ever urged. You moron.
Meaning it’s not a crime when the president does it.
Again. Not his lawyers’ argument.
It’s not what the legal team seeks. You moron.
Zzz. You’re an incredible hack.

Fuck off bitch. I’ve kicked your ass completely. I’ve helped you expose yourself even further as the assclown you are.

Not even remotely. I’ve kicked your ass all the way. Stop crying.

I’m the one who already doesn

Zzz

Zzz.

Not at all. Politically partisan facts in our current judiciary are a more preeminent force.

He can cry like the bitch he is. But if the appellate judges are honest and fair, Smith goes down more than you usually do on the faggots in the back alley.
Bed time. Run along and get your jammies on. I’ll be up.

But that is what trump says the president can do.
Trump also said, “The revenge is going to be ‘success,’”

‘Revenge’ will be America winning again: Trump​

Story by Paul Bedard
• 4w •

snip

Hyped by cable hosts and donors such as former Home Depot executive Ken Langone, Trump has been accused of mapping a plan to get back at his foes.

But on CNBC’s Squawk Box, he dismissed those charges and turned to talk of “revenge” into MAGA-styled winning.

“The revenge is going to be ‘success,’” Trump said.

In a wide-ranging interview, the hosts played a quote from Langone, who said, “I worry if Trump wins that it's going to be four years of getting even, and that's scary because we've got serious issues coming up that need to be addressed.”

Trump brushed the fear aside with a putdown of Langone and praise for the businessman’s former Home Depot partner Bernie Marcus.

“I've never been a fan. I've been a fan of Bernie Marcus, a big fan. Bernie Marcus is a big fan of mine, and that was the side that I chose, and, frankly, you know, he's right in one sense. People think that there's going to be revenge, and I say no. The revenge is going to be success,” said the former president, long a fan of Squawk Box

Trump is going for full immunity. Meaning it’s not a crime when the president does it.

And I’ve addressed my thoughts on unfettered immunity. I don’t think it exists. I said as much in that same post

Is he not about to be on trial for the accusations made against him?

For the record, I don’t believe presidential immunity is absolute. Obviously if one commits felonies in office, they should be held to account for them.

Presidential immunity, in my view, is legitimate, but only for things done in an official capacity.

Trump claims he has immunity under the PRA because he can unilaterally declassify documents. I can see an argument for that. If he had information the election was stolen and he wanted to send the election results back to a few states, I could even see that. However, if it is found that Trump had a hand in actually planning and orchestrating the riot that day (which there is no evidence to suggest that), then that wouldn’t be covered under presidential immunity, I wouldn’t think.
He wasn't immune under the PRA.

I recognize thatbifnorant twerpa like Fakey Starkey are incapable of following along, but that is the Trump position.

IMG_0921.jpeg

Other than morons like Fakey, who assumes that murder would be within the ambit of any President’s “official reaponsibility”?

He says it through his court filings.
Trump never said he could lock up his opponent. That’s the claim that IM2 made, and for his hypothetical scenario of Biden putting Trump in jail and being immune. Trump never made such a claim, either verbally or written.

on the question of presidential immunity for official acts in office, yes, a president enjoys immunity from them while in office, and forever thereafter, but I agree that the official acts are not “whatever the president wants”. I agree that a president doesn’t, and shouldn’t have immunity for wantonly going out and committing felonies…that would be silly.

His case will soon be heard by scotus and we’ll see what they have to say.

He wasn't immune under the PRA.
Well, that’s the argument being run through the system. It is true that a president does have unilateral authority to declassify documents. If trump declassified, then he is immune to prosecution for them.

If a President has immunity he could:
  • Have his political opponents killed or jailed
  • Have members Supreme Court justices killed or jailed, rest would get the message and get inline.
  • A few members senate and/or Congress killed or jailed, rest would get the message and get inline.
  • Don't like the Press Coverage, send out a hit squad to close it down and jail the journalists...
They will be all reported as accidents by the media. This makes the president effectively a dictator, ala Putin...

Might as well get yourself rich and sell off US government assets at knock down prices to your close friends who give you kick backs. Payment is assured or nice murder squad is sent to you...

The DOJ would be his private police force, who's to stop him... Courts seem such a waste of time and unnecessary grandstanding...

This is all possible with Presidential immunity... Trump even asking for it shows he is unfit to be President.
Screw your gun rights, he doesn't want an armed population, he has absolute power and doesn't need a revolt of the people....
Any uprising would be violently quashed and military law imposed.
This is not some mythical nightmare, this is exactly how Dictators come to power, Putin, Hitler, Pinochet(Chile), Mussolini....
Trump has said a lot above in speeches...
Retribution on the Press
Social media banned
Political Oppoents
DOJ will not serve the people but Trump
Then there is the obvious thing to do... His supporters commit violent act on any one who is against them. If police did arrets them... He would pardon them. Trump aready has done that for political allies...

This is how history has taught us...
It is plain to see...

Yes he did. It is illegal to try to get someone to "find votes". That isnt the entire case. You obviously have no idea what is about to happen.
Gore wanted votes found when Bush defeated him. Hillary wanted more as well when Trump beat her.

Forum List

Back