If you are worried about food shortages, buy 80 lbs dry beans, 80 rice, boxes of dried milk, multi-vitamins, dried eggs

Food shortages have always been a problem for the poor. Trump made is worse for them. He just was not in office long enough to wreak maximum havoc on the rest of us. The current shortages creeping into the middle class are doe to Covid, Drought (Climate Change) and the war, all od which Trump would only make worse
EO.jpg

Yep, we put them in all the things we sealed in mylar bags before putting those bags in the buckets. Use a heat sealer to seal the bags. Best way to do it we have found

The Wife picked up a bunch of food grade buckets with Gamma Lids.
While you have to have a rubber mallet and hit em hard to get them to seal they work great.

The Wife picked up a bunch of food grade buckets with Gamma Lids.
While you have to have a rubber mallet and hit em hard to get them to seal they work great.

We went with the smaller myar bags so we could have better control on how much was being exposed to the air. Once we cut open a bag we will have to cook and eat it all.

1000 rounds of .22 longs will feed you for months.

It'll also lead people to your doorstep.
I'm all about Yo-Yo's,Rat traps and steel jaw traps and snares
Totally silent and you dont have to constantly watch them so that frees you up to do other things.
Now if you're moving a .22 is going to be your best bet to get meat on the move.

No, I’m more likely to try and find a way to cash in on the fears of the food shortage snowflakes.

And how are you going to do that?
If the shortages reach a critical point you'll have zero leverage to bargain for anything.
Those of us who planned ahead wont need anything you have to offer.

It'll also lead people to your doorstep.
I'm all about Yo-Yo's,Rat traps and steel jaw traps and snares
Totally silent and you dont have to constantly watch them so that frees you up to do other things.
Now if you're moving a .22 is going to be your best bet to get meat on the move.
I've used rabbit boxes and a few snares and trotlines. but I live in the ever shrinking countryside. For now gunshots are normal.

We just got our Berkey a few days ago looking forward to trying it out.
We also got two extra filters.
Watched a YTube video where a guy went down to a creek near his house with a five gallon bucket and brought it home and ran it through the Berkey.
He had one glass with straight creek water and another with the Berkey filtered water.
Night and day difference in the color. He had a glass of the filtered and said it tasted great.
We didnt get the fluoride filter ...yet. Were going to filter it and send it to a water testing facility and see where were at.
We have around 9 months of food and we're going to continue to add to it until we reach at least a years worth.
Also have 30 5 gallon jugs of Ozarka spring water and were going to add another 10 of them. At two gallons of water a day it's not going to go very far.
We can also pull water from the pool for washing and flushing the toilets and if need be run it through the Berkey and drink it. Since it's a saltwater pool there isnt a bunch of chemicals in it and it has less than a teaspoon of salt per gallon.
And of course a shitload of ammo.
A couple dozen 100 hour candles and standard candles.
We already have 4 propane canisters and we're going to add 6 more. If all you do is run a single burner stove on it that last a good five years if not longer.
Our latest purchase is a med kit. It's pretty well loaded but if it's missing anything we'll add to it.
View attachment 635704
View attachment 635707
View attachment 635708
View attachment 635709
View attachment 635710

That's pretty nifty, does it include forceps to remove a bullet? I have a box of tampons lol even though I'm male. Prepper site says perfect to staunch bullet wound bleeding.

Unless you have nothing to eat
I suppose. This prepper stuff has always seemed kind of demented to me. If civilization is over I would just as soon go with it. I'm not that young anymore and I am not that afraid of death anymore.

That's pretty nifty, does it include forceps to remove a bullet? I have a box of tampons lol even though I'm male. Prepper site says perfect to staunch bullet wound bleeding.
I suppose. This prepper stuff has always seemed kind of demented to me. If civilization is over I would just as soon go with it. I'm not that young anymore and I am not that afraid of death anymore.
I'd hate to survive a global disaster such as nuclear war, asteroid strike ect. But if something goes wrong I'm glad I have a few reserves and the skills to eat.

The aforementioned paint and paste buckets have O rings that seal out air.

The Gamma lids are the best way to go.
They'll fit on any five gallon bucket and they have an O-ring.
You just gotta wack the shit out of them with a rubber mallet to get the main seal to lock up and the second part of the Gamma lid is threaded so you can close them after opening with ease.
You should also get a bucket lid remover tool that makes it easy to get those lids off.
Those damn things can be a total bitch to open.
1650839862675.png

I know a couple of rednecks who would rob that boy blind and eat it in front of him.

Yep....we'll be the ones that see him coming and ask what his intentions are.
You want to trade? Trade what? We have everything we need so speak up quick so we can send you on your way.

Forum List

Back