🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If You Can Help

I hope that cat is not real. Damn. I don't want to see that at all. I'm already depressed.

I was thinking the same thing. Hope you're doing OK. I have a room for ya. Humidity is 80% most days..true story. Almost no risk of out-of-control wildfires here. It is what it is. :dunno:
Gracie, Marion would not be the best landlord for you. Ask about the peacocks and the cat. And god knows what else. Nuh uh.

I'm very happy you are safe Gracie..............and wish you and Mr. G the best. Many places that are much cheaper and have a good quality of life in America.

Seems like with all of us here someone has a connection with a friend of a relative type thing to fix this housing issue. May be good holiday discussion?
What would be ideal is if someone has a small cottage/mobile home behind their house or on their land and wouldn't mind renting it to us...we could be eyes and ears if they travel, etc. Let us reside there until we pass on, then all we own (not much but I'm sure I will collect stuff as the years pass by) would belong to them to do with as they wish. That would be ideal!

The bar has been set posters. What can we find?

Thinking my cat box on the back porch is NOT the answer. Though I am considering a pet heating pad this year.

I've only been to southern Ca two times. I mostly visit san fran , paradise and san jose. But I figured Beverly Hills is rich people area.

Same here, I only go there if I have a project there. My better half is a native Californian, though, so she wants to build a place around there somewhere.

You can find good cheap lots around there. I saw a lot of little tiny homes tucked away there in little developments. Not too tiny, just big enough to live in with a few rooms, but they had little yards, mostly full of tropical plants and whatnot. They had driveways, too.

The first lot we bought out there was really long and kind of narrow. I think around 160ft by 30ft. We were gonna build upward, but changed out mind on it. It was in an erea there where they'd started clearing.

Need time to look and find that kind of stuff, though, months even.

I haven't really kept track of the thread, though, sounds like she already got a place anyway?

Last edited:
I've only been to southern Ca two times. I mostly visit san fran , paradise and san jose. But I figured Beverly Hills is rich people area.

Same here, I only go there if I have a project there. My better half is a native Californian, though, so she wants to build a place around there somewhere.

You can find good cheap lots around there. I saw a lot of little tiny homes tucked away there in little developments. Not too tiny, just big enough to live in with a few rooms, but they had little yards, mostly full of tropical plants and whatnot. They had driveways, too.

The first lot we bought out there was really long and kind of narrow. I think around 160ft by 30ft. We were gonna build upward, but changed out mind on it. It was in an erea there where they'd started clearing.

Need time to look and find that kind of stuff, though, months even.

I haven't really kept track of the thread, though, sounds like she already got a place anyway?

My boyfriend is a native Californian too, and He hates California. He's out there now helping his mom because she lived in paradise too and all he does is complain about California people. I was born in Missouri and I love it there. But right now I am in Utah and it's getting darn expensive here.

Arkansas looks pretty. I've never been there.
Photo of the Week: Boston Mountains - Only In Arkansas

1118020.jpg

Boston Mountains. part of the Ozarks ............

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_re...2,-115.153198,36.954282,-122.65686_rect/6_zm/

I don't know anything about Reno Nevada but or that area but the price is right for a rental house.

Satellite view looks nice.

Reno a cute little town but I can't believe the rent is really that cheap because it's usually much higher for a house like that.
All the outlet covers are off for some reason. Looks like they just painted. Might be a high crime area........Have to look up stats there. :dunno:

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_re...2,-115.153198,36.954282,-122.65686_rect/6_zm/

I don't know anything about Reno Nevada but or that area but the price is right for a rental house.

Satellite view looks nice.

Reno a cute little town but I can't believe the rent is really that cheap because it's usually much higher for a house like that.
All the outlet covers are off for some reason. Looks like they just painted. Might be a high crime area........Have to look up stats there. :dunno:

Still, you are finding some great bargains.

Forum List

Back