If you didn't catch Matthew Mcconaughey from the White House breifing room, live, You need to

Yeah, you are nuts….. after they get all the semi-auto rifles, then they will go after the semi-auto pistols next then the shotguns….using the same argument that they operate just like the rifles you let them ban….so we must ban all semi-auto guns….

Then they go after the bolt action rifles and pump action shotguns…since they actually are weapons of war….
I do not think the goal of our elected representatives or an achievable goal in this country. Though, i feel no passion to discuss your mental state of equilibrium, but that's just me.

well you've both confused and disregarded so many things here that it is hard to know where to start...the ^above^ is, as you claim, a "strawman" but not mine...
...Your above post could be 100% true or false and would not alter my point either way because it addresses nothing at all in my posts.
Well, I personally believe changing the age of legally acquiring weapons for non-hunting pursuits until 21 will probably save lives. I think taking the weapons away from people showing antisocial or self harming mental conditions will save lives. I think stop and frisk for illegal weapons being carried by those that are not supposed to have them will save lives. I think, not allowing rifles and ARs on city streets will save lives, as it makes the people that have one stand out to be noticed by law enforcement as a probable public threat. I think requiring training and background checks (uniformly across the country) will save lives. And I will be glad to not let the government limit their speech, as I have alwasy supported free speech.

Nothing he suggested struck me as unreasonable. Except for maybe the Red Flag Laws. I get it, but I have an issue with someone losing a Constitutional right without due process. Add in the fact that it would not be beyond the realm of possibilities that a spiteful ex could abuse the system... I guess I'm on the fence in regard to Red Flag laws...
You're on the fence in regard to the Constitution? How do you justify a person losing their constitutional rights even with due process?

I think McConaughey will lose.

Beto 2.0

He's going to get your AR15s.

But sneakily

At least Beto has the stones to tell you to your face he wants to ban your guns.

Hollywood McConaughey...not so much.
You are WRONG

but you would have to hear the speech

4374835_1.jpg

NO. You did not see me posting the 2nd amendment is outdated.
I suspect you get your social advice from inside your bubble.
I got to grant ya, every president in my memory has hired some real dumb asses, as well as crooks, tax cheats, foreign agents, some admitted or convicted as well as making use of half-truth tellers or outright liars to sell policies that were wrong up to and including war, looking for things never proven to be there. I have heard nothing about Matthew being on the payroll, so I guess he was talking as a citizen that grew up in that town, one raised with guns and a Texan.
Really, talking as a citizen? I wonder if they'll give this lady access to the bully pulpit at the Whitehouse briefing room:

Really, talking as a citizen? I wonder if they'll give this lady access to the bully pulpit at the Whitehouse briefing room:

Beats me. Did she request or are you just raising another straw argument?

What does that have to do with mass shootings, being carried out in our schools, often by young guys between 18 and 21?
Federal law already prohibits purchase of a handgun by 18 year olds but the Uvalde shooter had a handgun. The Buffalo shooter also had a legal shotgun. You'd have to pass a law that makes it illegal to break the law and also ban shotguns to have prevented those two shootings.

Nothing you propose, and nothing McConaughey proposed, would have stopped either shooting.

Not necessary.

Florida raised the minimum age for purchasing AR-15 rifles but still allows under 21 to purchase if they’re in a profession that requires guns. That’s fine with me.

Then you admit that 18 year olds actually are mature enough to own semi-automatic rifles; you're just trying to further your gun banning agenda by taking whatever ones you can get.

Disagree! That is one of the things that should absolutely be done.

The developmental concerns are real. There's no logical or constitutional reason that we can't generally prohibit the sale of firearms to persons under the age of 21 while exempting members of the armed forces from the ban. The latter would have the duly vetted temperament, maturity, training, and discipline required.

There's no "either-all-or-nothing" here.
There was no age restriction on purchasing any gun in the US until 1968 and, yet, we didn't have all of these school shootings... go figure. children owned guns and didn't shoot up their schools. You're not addressing the problem. You're just another anti-gun Fudd.

Forum List

Back