If you judge the woman from the weather underground you are a hypocrite. ..

22 years.

She paid her debt.

I did 3 years and learned my lesson.

Granted I think the college hiring her is complete bullshit but I digress.

Don't be hypocrites.
This thread isn't making sense.

She DID pay her debt. If you think otherwise, simply say so.

• Banned
22 years.

She paid her debt.

Don't be hypocrites.

I think I made my position pretty clear. As did fox news and theirs is contrary to the conservative mantra.

22 years.

She paid her debt.

Don't be hypocrites.

I think I made my position pretty clear. As did fox news and theirs is contrary to the conservative mantra.
Fox News is not Conservative. They are simply NOT MSNBC....

What is hypocritical of allowing a person who has paid their debt to society a chance to become a productive member of society?

• Banned

Fox News is not Conservative. They are simply NOT MSNBC....

What is hypocritical of allowing a person who has paid their debt to society a chance to become a productive member of society?

Absolutely nothing as I am a member of that elite group. I do however remember a thread earlier today that seemed to take a different position. Im just keeping the ball in play so to speak.

Her reformation and elevation in social status does rather make those of us who have not broken the law, but who just kept plugging along doing the right thing even when it damned near killed, us look like damned fools, though, does it not?

Well that's because we WERE damned fools.

Our society does not value decent hard working people.

I'm not sure it ever did.

Don't you know who she is or what she did?

Lets start with the mother of Chesa. It's not a conspiracy theory. Ayers and Dorhn adopted her son legally.

And now they are academically air brushing her.

Her reformation and elevation in social status does rather make those of us who have not broken the law, but who just kept plugging along doing the right thing even when it damned near killed, us look like damned fools, though, does it not?

Well that's because we WERE damned fools.

Our society does not value decent hard working people.

I'm not sure it ever did.

She did 22 years….

I hardly feel like a fool because I just ‘plugged’ along for those years while whe way in a shit prison.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not making a judgment on whether or not that was a sufficient sentence for her crimes BUT I am also not thinking less of myself because she managed to get a job after being subjected to that kind of crap for 22 years.

BTW: isn’t she teaching a course on how convicts reintegrated into society after prison? One would think that she is uniquely qualified for such a position.

FA_Q2

My point was obscure, I'll admit.

I applaud that in a very small number of cases released felons can find their way and even succeed in this society.

My REAL complaint is that so few Americans (ex felon or NOT) can do likewise.

But if you want to understand why so many people think Felons are coddled?

Well examples like these (which are rare, but which get so much play on the media?) are the reason.

Remember we have a government willing to spend $50,000 a year to imprison nearly 2,000,000 people, but that cannot find enough money to send our kids to college.

Obviously I am NOT blaming ex cons for that.

But if you can not understand why that state of affairs frustrates people to the point of them no longer thinking clearly?

then you are not as liberal as you think you are.

I have this sort of debate with my uber liberal chums all the time.

Tehy describe those chums who work their asses off and who KNOW their kids will never have a chance as KNUCKLEDRAGGERS because they are pissed and don't understand WHO to blame.

The arrogance of the LIMO-LIBERAL mentality explains (in part) why so many good people support so many bad policies.

Last edited:
22 years.

She paid her debt.

Don't be hypocrites.

The college hiring her is the issue under discussion. Whether she "paid her debt to society" isn't the issue. That isn't a relevant criteria when making the hiring decision. Whether she is a good role model is a relevant criteria.

22 years.

She paid her debt.

Don't be hypocrites.

The college hiring her is the issue under discussion. Whether she "paid her debt to society" isn't the issue. That isn't a relevant criteria when making the hiring decision. Whether she is a good role model is a relevant criteria.

Kindergarten teachers are role models. If you are looking to academia for role models when you are in college then you are already lost. You should have realized by then that teachers are there to impart knowledge and in no way are paramount to a role model.

22 years.

She paid her debt.

Don't be hypocrites.

Well as not one of here is remotely qualified to determine if her hiring was sensible, we are left with only discussing how we feel about the issue in political terms.

FA_Q2

My point was obscure, I'll admit.

I applaud that in a very small number of cases released felons can find their way and even succeed in this society.

My REAL complaint is that so few Americans (ex felon or NOT) can do likewise.

But if you want to understand why so many people think Felons are coddled?

Well examples like these (which are rare, but which get so much play on the media?) are the reason.

Remember we have a government willing to spend $50,000 a year to imprison nearly 2,000,000 people, but that cannot find enough money to send our kids to college.

Obviously I am NOT blaming ex cons for that.

But if you can not understand why that state of affairs frustrates people to the point of them no longer thinking clearly?

then you are not as liberal as you think you are.

I have this sort of debate with my uber liberal chums all the time.

Tehy describe those chums who work their asses off and who KNOW their kids will never have a chance as KNUCKLEDRAGGERS because they are pissed and don't understand WHO to blame.

The arrogance of the LIMO-LIBERAL mentality explains (in part) why so many good people support so many bad policies.
First off:
I am not as liberal as I think I am!!!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
I consider myself pretty far right – much further than most of this board! I find that quote rather funny. Perhaps you are talking in a classical sense and then things are a little different but then again, I would challenge how that view is nothing short of classical liberalism. I would really like to hear HOW you think that it is counter to classical liberal concepts.

Further, how does this example show that felons are coddled. AGAIN: she spent TWENTY TWO YEARS in prison. I do not consider such an experience coddling nor do I think that is a minor experience. I can hardly think of something worse than being an owned slave for 22 years because that is essentially what you are in a prison. We can have a debate about prisons in another thread but I will say that I do think that prisons are not hard enough but I am not going to say that it is not hard. I cannot find fault in a felon of 22 years finding gainful employment. As a matter of fact, I wish that this was more prevalent.

I find that one of the WORST parts of the penal system is that it ENCOURAGES people to commit more crime because it is so damn difficult for those that have been incarcerated to find employment after they have served their time. I honestly do not even believe that such information should even be public knowledge. It only serves to keep felons down and continues crime.

bripat9643 said:

I attended lectures by Buckley and Davis in my time. Their neo-conservative and communist stances were relevant, respectively. To dismiss some politically because of their belief system automatically fits right into authoritarian thinking, which has always fit you.

She has no business being an instructor in any kind of institution of learning. She is not there to teach, but indoctrinate.

When the same school hires a person who went to jail for attacking Abortion Clinics and the left supports it, let me know.

Forum List

Back