If You Like Your School Lunch, You Can Keep It

'I am the general manager at Millennium Steel. we are honored to have you. One of the questions I had is about the health care costs. We are seeing almost a double-digit increase in health-care costs every year. Do you think that trend is going to go down, and what can we do to control that trend?'

The president helpfully offers that this manager is probably just shopping incorrectly.

That is interesting. You’re going to have to talk to Henry because — no, no, no, this is serious. The question is whether you guys are shopping effectively enough, because it turns out that this year and in fact over the course of the last four years, premiums have gone up at the slowest rate in 50 years. So health care [costs] have actually… slowed down significantly, ....So the issue now is what can we do to make sure that you at at Millennium are shopping and seeing more competition, ... What we are doing is to make sure there’s is more competition, driving down costs when it comes to both businesses who are trying to buy health care for their employees, but also folks who do not get health care on the job and are having to buy it on the end that is part of what the affordable care act is all about.

[Get that? The 'who ya' gonna believe, me or your lyin' eyes' response.]

How old is Obamacare again? I guess Obama is also responsible for the rising healthcare costs before Obamacare too.

I have to wonder if PC doesnt realize what the information is saying or if she is conflating two different issues
She doesn't understand it, she just copies and pastes it.

Post #96 proves you're a moron, too......AGAIN.

Folks like you are the reason this nation has to put directions on shampoo.
post number 96 shows that the affordable care act slowed the increase in healthcare costs.

but that doesn't explain why you want to bring the cost of healthcare for a business into a thread you started about 'dictators' and school lunches.

Today......the degree of control demanded by the Left.

1. The 'founding' Progressives, e.g., Woodrow Wilson had the view that there was a class of individuals who were not only omniscient, and so quintessentially ethical that any oversight was unnecessary.
A spit in the eye to James Madison, who stated in the ‘Federalist,’ the greatest of all reflections on human nature…that "human beings are not angels.”

Wilson wrote of an 'administrative state' run by technocrats, experts, bureaucrats, who would make decisions for the rest of us, and these decisions need be followed to the letter!

To the letter!

2. And therein we find the impetus for Progressive/Liberal government....it always knows what is best for the rest of us!
Of course, that is why we find terms like 'banned,' or 'mandated,' prominent in their pronouncements.

3. Now, the extent to which those bannings and mandates are enforced, depends on
factors such as where they take place....different nations and peoples allow for different levels of compulsion.

a. Take the former Soviet Union.... gulags, psychiatric hospitals, and firing squads.
b. One need not go into the methods of Hitler's Germany.
c. Although one can think of an example of rounding up people based on their race, America does not have a culture that sanctions that level of compulsion.

But don't think that Liberals/Progressive elites don't yearn for some of that....
"[Obama] said in a radio interview the U.S. has suffered from a fundamentally flawed Constitution that does not mandate or allow for redistribution of wealth."
Obama rips U.S. Constitution

4. Now, while the several versions of Progressive governing have much in common....there are times when hiding the relationship might be....advisable.

"American progressives, for the most part, did not disavow fascism until the horrors of the Nazi Holocaust became manifest during World War II.

After the war,those progressives who had praised Mussolini and Hitler in the 1920s and 1930s had no choice but to dissociate themselves from fascism.“Accordingly,” writes Jonah Goldberg, “leftist intellectualsredefined fascism as
'right-wing' and projected their own sins onto conservatives,
even as they continued to borrow heavily from fascist and pre-fascist thought.” This progressive campaign to recast fascism as the "right-wing" antithesis of communism was aided by Joseph Stalin, ...."
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/viewSubCategory.asp?id=1223

The inspiration for that banning and mandating thing, can be seen here:

Antonio Gramsci, Italian Marxist theoretician and founding member and one-time leader of the Communist Party of Italy. Gramschi’s motto is that of liberals today: “that all life is "political."

Get that? Every single aspect of life.....fodder for their canons.

I'm gonna get to school lunches.....

Wouldn't the founders have been against school lunches?

So you'd rather ignore the views of Woodrow Wilson, and Gramschi?

What are you afraid of, doggy?
you haven't posted the views of woodrow wilson. you've posted someone's opinions of his views, but not his views.

So....this is an admission on your part that you have no knowledge about the views of Wilson?

Great.

Start here, "American Progressivism," Pestritto
. Wilson wrote in “The State,” 1889, that "Government does now whatever experience permits or the times demand." His writings attack the Constitution, and the ideas of natural and individual rights. Along with Frank J. Goodnow, they pioneered the concept of the ‘administrative state,’ which separated the administration of government from the limitations of constitutional government. American Progressivism A Reader - Google Books
here's where you admit that you know nothing, since you are not able to produce passages that back up your assertions.

give me the words of wilson himself, and we shall talk.
It
"The ideal for us is a civil service cultured and self-sufficient enough to act with sense and vigor, and yet so intimately connected with the popular thought, by means of elections and constant public counsel, as to find arbitrariness or class spirit quite out of the question."
-The Study of Administration by Woodrow Wilson

i can absolutely see how you'd have a problem with that, PC.

1. Obviously you haven't studied the French Revolution, and the concept of 'the general will,' either.

2. If you did, you would realize that you've just supported what I posted.
a. “Progressives looked to insulate administrators not only from the chief executive, but from politics altogether. It is the Progressives' desire to free bureaucratic agencies from the confines of politics and the law that allows us to trace the origins of the administrative state to their political thought. The idea of separating politics and administration--of grounding a significant portion of government not on the basis of popular consent but on expertise--was a fundamental aim of American Progressivism and explains the Progressives' fierce assault on the Founders' separation-of-powers constitutionalism.” The Birth of the Administrative State Where It Came From and What It Means for Limited Government

Wilson and the Progressives despised the Constitution...in fact he wrote that it could be discarded.

3. A conservative former NY Senator commented about said administrative state:

....the creation of more and more bureaus and agencies endowed with ever broader responsibilities and discretion in defining the rules that govern our activities and our lives. And these rules have the full force of law! Congress has increased the number of rules whose infractions are criminalized, waiving the common law requirement that one knows he is breaking the law. Today, one can be jailed for violating a regulation that one had no reason to know even existed!

While the officials in these agencies are generally good people, they become focused on their particular portfolio of duties, that, often, they cannot see the consequences on other parts of society. Put this together with human nature, and one can see bullying, and misuse of power, especially when these individuals are immune to penalty, and supported by free and extensive legal representation: they have sovereign immunity in their positions.
James L. Buckley, “Freedom at Risk: Reflections on Politics, Liberty, and the State”
i see. you have fallen into the trap of accepting the opinions of some people as fact again.

you really should stop letting other people do your thinking for you. try doing some on your own. you may enjoy it.

see, if you had your own thoughts, you'd be able to post a quote from one of wilson's works and then you'd be able to give us your own evaluation.

you can't do that. you allow yourself to be lead around like a calf with a brass ring.

I see you have fallen into the contortion of putting both of your feet into your mouth.
The circus has a spot for you!
you need to understand that just because someone was published it does not make every word they wrote true and factual.
It has been obvious for some time that she cannot differentiate between opinions and facts.

i see. you have fallen into the trap of accepting the opinions of some people as fact again.

you really should stop letting other people do your thinking for you. try doing some on your own. you may enjoy it.

see, if you had your own thoughts, you'd be able to post a quote from one of wilson's works and then you'd be able to give us your own evaluation.

you can't do that. you allow yourself to be lead around like a calf with a brass ring.

I see you have fallen into the contortion of putting both of your feet into your mouth.
you need to understand that just because someone was published it does not make every word they wrote true and factual.

I respect your right to be stupid.
and i respect your right to ctrl+c and ctrl+v without understanding what it is you've copied and pasted.

i really hope that someday you gain the ability to discern opinion from fact and tell the difference between a good source and a bad.

on topic, who should run the government's school lunch program if not the government?

I've buried you, you moron.

Even the quote you provided backed up my statement about progressives and the value they place on unelected administrators.

If you ideologues would stop bowing before your masters you might develop the ability to see through them.

You're just another one of the mindless drones that leftist 'education' system cranks out like cogs and sprockets. Unique, just like every other reliable Democrat voter.

I'm gonna leave the gun but take the cannoli.
When lost, claim victory.

'I am the general manager at Millennium Steel. we are honored to have you. One of the questions I had is about the health care costs. We are seeing almost a double-digit increase in health-care costs every year. Do you think that trend is going to go down, and what can we do to control that trend?'

The president helpfully offers that this manager is probably just shopping incorrectly.

That is interesting. You’re going to have to talk to Henry because — no, no, no, this is serious. The question is whether you guys are shopping effectively enough, because it turns out that this year and in fact over the course of the last four years, premiums have gone up at the slowest rate in 50 years. So health care [costs] have actually… slowed down significantly, ....So the issue now is what can we do to make sure that you at at Millennium are shopping and seeing more competition, ... What we are doing is to make sure there’s is more competition, driving down costs when it comes to both businesses who are trying to buy health care for their employees, but also folks who do not get health care on the job and are having to buy it on the end that is part of what the affordable care act is all about.

How old is Obamacare again? I guess Obama is also responsible for the rising healthcare costs before Obamacare too.

I have to wonder if PC doesnt realize what the information is saying or if she is conflating two different issues

"...the rising healthcare costs before Obamacare too."

Does the DNC write ALL of your posts?

.Year *NHE Increase

2001 1493

2002 1638 9.7%

2003 1775 8.3%

2004 1901 7.0%

2005 2030 6.7%

2006 2163 6.5%

2007 2298 6.2%

2008 2406 4.6%

2009 2501 3.9%

2010 2600 3.9%

2011 2700 3.8%

*National Health Expenditures, in $ billions.

http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statist...NationalHealthExpendData/Downloads/tables.pdf

I didnt know Obamacare started in 2001.

That's right, you imbecile....Obama had nothing to do with falling healthcare costs.

but the gubbamint wasnt choosing the gubbamint school menu BEFORE they wanted it to be healthier
Last time I remember going to school was to get an education, not a meal.

These people like telling us what to do. That's the problem. Like we aren't smart enough to make our own choices. What kind of mind-numb worker drones do they think they're churning out of the education system???

Couldn't agree more.

6. Interesting that in item #5, we find this phrase about Liberalism...."... ,nourishing men from birth and protecting them from “perils”...

And nourishing, in the direct meaning, is what Michelle Obama decided to do for schools children.

Problem is kids, haven't been brow beaten as much a as many adults, and refuse to take the orders.

"Food fight: Cafeteria workers say kids don't want Michelle Obama's lunches, sales down in 49 states

School cafeteria workers, already frustrated that kids don't like menus ordered by Michelle Obama and the Agriculture Department, slapped as “offensive” the first lady's latest criticism that some school districts have given up and are just lazily serving junk food.

.... new school lunch nutrition rules that have led to a drop in student participation in 49 states, according to the Agriculture Department.

.... under the new standards and warned that as kids turn their noses up and refuse to buy lunches, funds to pay for expensive new menus are drying up." Food fight Cafeteria workers say kids don t want Michelle Obama s lunches sales down in 49 states WashingtonExaminer.com

Sounds like they're talking about ObamaCare, doesn't it?
Kids are opposed to healthy lunches that are good for them? ALERT THE MEDIA!!!!
Did you have to read this is a newspaper to discover such a hidden fact?
My kids are opposed to eating healthy meals. You know what? They get them and eat them anyways. But then, I can make healthy meals delicious.

"...the rising healthcare costs before Obamacare too."

Does the DNC write ALL of your posts?

.Year *NHE Increase

2001 1493

2002 1638 9.7%

2003 1775 8.3%

2004 1901 7.0%

2005 2030 6.7%

2006 2163 6.5%

2007 2298 6.2%

2008 2406 4.6%

2009 2501 3.9%

2010 2600 3.9%

2011 2700 3.8%

*National Health Expenditures, in $ billions.

http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statist...NationalHealthExpendData/Downloads/tables.pdf

That's an increase every single year posted.

That is truly the very best definition of brain-dead ever....EVER....posted.

There are two kinds of people....those who can do elementary math....and you.

A decrease in the percent increase, is still an increase, dumbfuck.

Also - you quoted a guy saying costs were rising by double digits every year, and then later posted a chart showing the %increase is small - and decreasing.

I think you're a little slow, no............................I KNOW you're slow, since you created this thread and the food stamp one, which completely contradict one another.

post number 96 shows that the affordable care act slowed the increase in healthcare costs.

but that doesn't explain why you want to bring the cost of healthcare for a business into a thread you started about 'dictators' and school lunches.
ROFL... retard thinks shifting cost increases from premiums to federal outlays funded by taxes is a reduction in premium. I bet you believe those Obama phones are free too!

"post number 96 shows that the affordable care act slowed the increase in healthcare costs."

Not only are you an imbecile...but a lying imbecile....a 'reliable Democrat voter.'

ObamaScam was passed in 2010..

Clearly it had nothing to do with the downward trend in healthcare costs.

I hope karma is wearing stillettos when she kicks your butt.

Wouldn't the founders have been against school lunches?

So you'd rather ignore the views of Woodrow Wilson, and Gramschi?

What are you afraid of, doggy?
you haven't posted the views of woodrow wilson. you've posted someone's opinions of his views, but not his views.

So....this is an admission on your part that you have no knowledge about the views of Wilson?

Great.

Start here, "American Progressivism," Pestritto
. Wilson wrote in “The State,” 1889, that "Government does now whatever experience permits or the times demand." His writings attack the Constitution, and the ideas of natural and individual rights. Along with Frank J. Goodnow, they pioneered the concept of the ‘administrative state,’ which separated the administration of government from the limitations of constitutional government. American Progressivism A Reader - Google Books
here's where you admit that you know nothing, since you are not able to produce passages that back up your assertions.

give me the words of wilson himself, and we shall talk.
It
"The ideal for us is a civil service cultured and self-sufficient enough to act with sense and vigor, and yet so intimately connected with the popular thought, by means of elections and constant public counsel, as to find arbitrariness or class spirit quite out of the question."
-The Study of Administration by Woodrow Wilson

i can absolutely see how you'd have a problem with that, PC.

1. Obviously you haven't studied the French Revolution, and the concept of 'the general will,' either.

2. If you did, you would realize that you've just supported what I posted.
a. “Progressives looked to insulate administrators not only from the chief executive, but from politics altogether. It is the Progressives' desire to free bureaucratic agencies from the confines of politics and the law that allows us to trace the origins of the administrative state to their political thought. The idea of separating politics and administration--of grounding a significant portion of government not on the basis of popular consent but on expertise--was a fundamental aim of American Progressivism and explains the Progressives' fierce assault on the Founders' separation-of-powers constitutionalism.” The Birth of the Administrative State Where It Came From and What It Means for Limited Government

Wilson and the Progressives despised the Constitution...in fact he wrote that it could be discarded.

3. A conservative former NY Senator commented about said administrative state:

....the creation of more and more bureaus and agencies endowed with ever broader responsibilities and discretion in defining the rules that govern our activities and our lives. And these rules have the full force of law! Congress has increased the number of rules whose infractions are criminalized, waiving the common law requirement that one knows he is breaking the law. Today, one can be jailed for violating a regulation that one had no reason to know even existed!

While the officials in these agencies are generally good people, they become focused on their particular portfolio of duties, that, often, they cannot see the consequences on other parts of society. Put this together with human nature, and one can see bullying, and misuse of power, especially when these individuals are immune to penalty, and supported by free and extensive legal representation: they have sovereign immunity in their positions.
James L. Buckley, “Freedom at Risk: Reflections on Politics, Liberty, and the State”

It has been obvious for some time that she cannot differentiate between opinions and facts.

Your proctologist called. They've found your head.

i just want to know why pc thought that the rising cost of healthcare was relevant to this thread in the context she introduced it? what's the connect to school lunch programs, PC?

i just want to know why pc thought that the rising cost of healthcare was relevant to this thread in the context she introduced it? what's the connect to school lunch programs, PC?
The thread is about mandates and power grabs being at the heart of every lie that comes out of the POS democrats.

"post number 96 shows that the affordable care act slowed the increase in healthcare costs."

Not only are you an imbecile...but a lying imbecile....a 'reliable Democrat voter.'

so you claim it had nothing to do with the ACA...

that's fine.

so why did you quote a liar? you clearly show that health care costs were not increasing by double digits, but when the president said that you called him a liar and claimed that he didn't know anything.

also, what in the hell does any of that have to do with school lunches?

but the gubbamint wasnt choosing the gubbamint school menu BEFORE they wanted it to be healthier

These people like telling us what to do. That's the problem. Like we aren't smart enough to make our own choices. What kind of mind-numb worker drones do they think they're churning out of the education system???

Couldn't agree more.

6. Interesting that in item #5, we find this phrase about Liberalism...."... ,nourishing men from birth and protecting them from “perils”...

And nourishing, in the direct meaning, is what Michelle Obama decided to do for schools children.

Problem is kids, haven't been brow beaten as much a as many adults, and refuse to take the orders.

"Food fight: Cafeteria workers say kids don't want Michelle Obama's lunches, sales down in 49 states

School cafeteria workers, already frustrated that kids don't like menus ordered by Michelle Obama and the Agriculture Department, slapped as “offensive” the first lady's latest criticism that some school districts have given up and are just lazily serving junk food.

.... new school lunch nutrition rules that have led to a drop in student participation in 49 states, according to the Agriculture Department.

.... under the new standards and warned that as kids turn their noses up and refuse to buy lunches, funds to pay for expensive new menus are drying up." Food fight Cafeteria workers say kids don t want Michelle Obama s lunches sales down in 49 states WashingtonExaminer.com

My kids are opposed to eating healthy meals. You know what? They get them and eat them anyways. But then, I can make healthy meals delicious.

"But then, I can make healthy meals delicious."

That's what parents are for....not government.

Maybe there's hope for you after all....

Nah....

Couldn't agree more.

Nah....
so you believe schools should serve unhealthy meals because the only people allowed to give kids healthy foods are parents?

Couldn't agree more.

Nah....

The government is providing lunch to the kids of the deadbeat parents who don't, numbskull.

Only someone as retarded as you could want the gov't to restrict its food stamps to relevant nutritional shit, but NOT restrict its free and assisted lunch program to relevant nutritional shit.

The derp is strong, with you.

that's fine.

so why did you quote a liar? you clearly show that health care costs were not increasing by double digits, but when the president said that you called him a liar and claimed that he didn't know anything.

Your a LYING POS. Costs are increasing by double digits.

that's fine.

Your a LYING POS. Costs are increasing by double digits.
i'm sure you have proof you can cite.

Forum List

Back