If you think arming teachers is a solution to school shootings then you are either dumb or insane

Based on common sense. Where would a teacher hide her gun or should she have it in her holster?
If it’s locked in her desk, kids would know that and break in.
Just what we don’t need.
More guns.
You’re an idiot.
I see that’s a prime qualification for being a mod on this forum.
Where would a teacher hide her gun or should she have it in her holster?

You should look up biometric safes, and educate yourself

Gun Safes - Fireproof and Security Gun Safes from Top Brands like Barska, GunVault, Cannon & Mesa — 538 products / 785 models
Why would I waste my time? Teachers don’t want to carry guns and can’t be made to according to the First Amendment like I educated you on.
Exactly. I was a teacher for 30 years. Teachers do not want to carry guns, except a very few nutcases. It would be so easy for a mentally ill student to overpower the teacher and take the gun from him/her. Or to break into a desk and 'play' with it, possibly injuring or killing another student.

With every post you show yourself to be every bit as big a "nutcase" as you claim any teacher who wishes to be able to protect their kids and fellow staff members. Truly, you are a loon. No one is saying that teachers MUST be armed, we are advocating that those who wish to be should be allowed to be. Only extremists, such as you, can't even begin to see the point from someone elses POV.
You know, if I called you names like that, I'd be banned because you are a mod. So unfair.

You have absolutely no experience teaching: I have 30 years of it in public schools, international schools, community colleges and universities. I know whereof I speak. And stop calling me names. It is a pathetic excuse for actual debate.
: I have 30 years of it in public schools,

AS did my wife before she retired, much of it in Administration..

(and odds are, she'd have hired someone like you only as a last resort)

Got a link to that stat? The flag is waving proudly in the breeze!

:bsflag:
No doubt, she will cite Everytown
Shame on you. What happened in Newtown should break your heart, not make you antagonist toward gun control. Shame, shame, shame,.

Shame on you for assuming it didn't. You are the typical progressive trying to bully people who don't share your beliefs.
You deal in gross generalizations and are judgmental.
You’re wrong most of the time.... but being a trump supporter it’s par for the course.

Pot meet kettle.
I’m strictly going on the posts of yours I’ve read. Your views parallel the dumbest laziest president this country has ever seen..
You should be embarrassed of yourself supporting such a vile human being.

Why would I waste my time? Teachers don’t want to carry guns and can’t be made to according to the First Amendment like I educated you on.
Exactly. I was a teacher for 30 years. Teachers do not want to carry guns, except a very few nutcases. It would be so easy for a mentally ill student to overpower the teacher and take the gun from him/her. Or to break into a desk and 'play' with it, possibly injuring or killing another student.

With every post you show yourself to be every bit as big a "nutcase" as you claim any teacher who wishes to be able to protect their kids and fellow staff members. Truly, you are a loon. No one is saying that teachers MUST be armed, we are advocating that those who wish to be should be allowed to be. Only extremists, such as you, can't even begin to see the point from someone elses POV.
You know, if I called you names like that, I'd be banned because you are a mod. So unfair.

You have absolutely no experience teaching: I have 30 years of it in public schools, international schools, community colleges and universities. I know whereof I speak. And stop calling me names. It is a pathetic excuse for actual debate.

Man you are such an asshole. That was so uncalled for talking about that lovely woman that way.

No doubt, she will cite Everytown
Shame on you. What happened in Newtown should break your heart, not make you antagonist toward gun control. Shame, shame, shame,.

Shame on you for assuming it didn't. You are the typical progressive trying to bully people who don't share your beliefs.
You deal in gross generalizations and are judgmental.
You’re wrong most of the time.... but being a trump supporter it’s par for the course.

Pot meet kettle.
I’m strictly going on the posts of yours I’ve read. Your views parallel the dumbest laziest president this country has ever seen..
You should be embarrassed of yourself supporting such a vile human being.

A POTUS who is leading this country back from the brink of third world type shitholedom that your hero, the obummer, was setting us up for. You bet. I don't like dictators. Clearly you do.

Man you are such an asshole. That was so uncalled for talking about that lovely woman that way.

Facts are facts. esmerelda is your typical "educator" Closed minded, and highly opinionated with no knowledge of what she speaks about.

There is not one school district in the hundreds in my state that would even consider arming teachers or bringing guns into a school.
It’s called common sense of which you trump whores have none.

\

And those schools are nothing but targets. Which is a shame. And that is called common sense. Bad guys don't attack places where they know they can get killed before they can make their mark. But that is called fact, we all know you progressives don't do facts.
Does Trump do facts?
Youre painted into a corner with that one.

None of your pathetic ideas will ever see the light of day unless your autocratic President forces them on American schools.

Walls around schools and entry control points are the solution. Armed guards at all times. Our idiotic leftist policies have made our country so unsafe from mentally deranged and Islamists, we need to practically militarize our schools in order to protect children.
Why do you idiots think walls is the answer to all problems? You want to create a fortress to barricade students inside? Who pays for the armed guards. Many schools don’t even have money for new books.
You’re fucking out of your mind.

Walls protect people, moron. All future schools should be made with security in mind. Why can’t local police help out too? We’re already paying for them. There is plenty of ways to pay for it, and I suspect parents would be willing to pay more taxes to fund it.
There are already police in some schools.
A wall around a school could be the most ridiculous idea I ever heard.... after a southern border wall. Do me a favor and go to your next Board of Ed meeting at your local school and suggest your bonehead idea and report back to us how fast you were laughed out of the building..
There was an armed police officer at Douglas.

Where? The asshole was on the campus shooting for three minutes. Where was the school cop during that time?
It’s a big campus and the officer was not in the building Cruz entered.

no worse than how she is talking to me.

and I thought you LIKED facts?

There is not one school district in the hundreds in my state that would even consider arming teachers or bringing guns into a school.
It’s called common sense of which you trump whores have none.

\

And those schools are nothing but targets. Which is a shame. And that is called common sense. Bad guys don't attack places where they know they can get killed before they can make their mark. But that is called fact, we all know you progressives don't do facts.
Does Trump do facts?
Youre painted into a corner with that one.

None of your pathetic ideas will ever see the light of day unless your autocratic President forces them on American schools.

Yeah, he does, that's why he beat your candidate.

Why do you idiots think walls is the answer to all problems? You want to create a fortress to barricade students inside? Who pays for the armed guards. Many schools don’t even have money for new books.

Walls protect people, moron. All future schools should be made with security in mind. Why can’t local police help out too? We’re already paying for them. There is plenty of ways to pay for it, and I suspect parents would be willing to pay more taxes to fund it.
A wall around a school could be the most ridiculous idea I ever heard.... after a southern border wall. Do me a favor and go to your next Board of Ed meeting at your local school and suggest your bonehead idea and report back to us how fast you were laughed out of the building..

Where? The asshole was on the campus shooting for three minutes. Where was the school cop during that time?

So, you're saying that he was out of place and useless. Correct?

Great, now 15 year old Jimmy the psychopath and others like them who are too young to buy guns can get one for free by knocking out their teacher from behind.

This idea is so dumb that it blows my mind grown adults came up with it.

Walls around schools and entry control points are the solution. Armed guards at all times. Our idiotic leftist policies have made our country so unsafe from mentally deranged and Islamists, we need to practically militarize our schools in order to protect children.

Luckily most schools are made up of things called buildings, which are already made of walls. As long as buildings can be fenced off and entry control points made, it’s not that difficult.

Facts are facts. esmerelda is your typical "educator" Closed minded, and highly opinionated with no knowledge of what she speaks about.
Most educators by definition are experts in that area.... so as usual you’re 100% wrong.
Your “ facts “ are endorsed by the gun lobby whose only purpose is to sell more guns.

You have absolutely no experience teaching: I have 30 years of it in public schools, international schools, community colleges and universities. I know whateof I speak. The only loon here is yourself.

You can call me anything you like. I truly don't care because I am an adult. I taught in universities in the US, Europe, and New Zealand. I'll stack my education, and my wife's education credentials, up against your any day of the week.
BS I call you a liar. You have never been a credentialed teacher anywhere. You are a liar. You obviously know nothing about the educational environment. Nothing. You're just a blowhard. An agressive, bullying blowhard; just the type who want to carry guns in schools and shouldn't be allowed to do so, ever.

Most educators by definition are experts in that area.... so as usual you’re 100% wrong.
Your “ facts “ are endorsed by the gun lobby whose only purpose is to sell more guns.

That is false. Most educators are adequate, very few are experts in their field.

Great, now 15 year old Jimmy the psychopath and others like them who are too young to buy guns can get one for free by knocking out their teacher from behind.

Luckily most schools are made up of things called buildings, which are already made of walls. As long as buildings can be fenced off and entry control points made, it’s not that difficult.
No one wants to work or teach children in a cage.
Your dumbass idea is just another pathetic deflection from supporting common sense gun control that most Americans want.

Most Americans — and most Republicans — want stricter gun laws:...

You have absolutely no experience teaching: I have 30 years of it in public schools, international schools, community colleges and universities. I know whateof I speak. The only loon here is yourself.

You can call me anything you like. I truly don't care because I am an adult. I taught in universities in the US, Europe, and New Zealand. I'll stack my education, and my wife's education credentials, up against your any day of the week.
BS I call you a liar. You have never been a credentialed teacher anywhere. You are a liar. You obviously know nothing about the educational environment. Nothing. You're just a blowhard. An agressive, bullying blowhard; just the type who want to carry guns in schools and shouldn't be allowed to do so, ever.

Call me anything you wish, but I have a PhD in geology and have taught at numerous universities over the years. Mostly as adjunct when I was between gigs, but I was salaried in New Zealand for a couple of years. And talk about a bullying blowhard, look in the mirror!

Possibly. I don’t know their exact position.

Possibly. I don’t know their exact position.

I am not condemning them, it is just a fact that with large campuses having a single officer is simply not adequate.

Douglas is already fenced in.

Douglas is already fenced in.

But it has multiple entry points, none of which are guarded.

Forum List

Back