If you think arming teachers is a solution to school shootings then you are either dumb or insane

It would be smarter to teach these boys that violence is bad and attempt at forcing some compassion into their thick skulls.

Let’s say there was an armed teacher. So what ! Shooter guy had way more arms . What would they do? Maybe shoot him after he only kills 12 people .

Doesn’t really solve the problem.

Taking away people's guns is even more stupid. Has the left decided yet whether they trust police to help them in time or whether they still want to disarm the evil racist police so no one but the criminals have guns?

27655356_970002786500509_1207230144794307127_n.jpg

Great, now 15 year old Jimmy the psychopath and others like them who are too young to buy guns can get one for free by knocking out their teacher from behind.

This idea is so dumb that it blows my mind grown adults came up with it.

How about arming the school security only?

Wow...
Most schools don’t have “ security.”
Many schools are struggling to buy up to date textbooks.

I guess they will have to cut the overblown wages of the teachers then and get some security. Lobbying so hard for wages that our children can't even have text books? Jesus christ... these people care about the kids?

Are there any mods that don’t support this lazy know nothing pathologically lying president?
Is it a prerequisite for the job?

TheDoctorisIn isn't a fan, nor is Coyote. I don't know about flac.

and you claim to have been a teacher?
Sorry for using your own source to prove you wrong. It must have been embarrassing.
A: Yes. The Social Security Administration is no longer required to submit the names of certain mentally disabled beneficiaries to a federal agency that conducts gun background checks.
They can't handle their own finances, and that make them to mentally ill to own a firearm?

WTF are the people at the SSA to make that determination?

again, why do you claim to be a teacher?
Why do you claim not to be a trump supporter and nonpartisan?
WILLHAFTASTOPLYING about that.

getting rid of that EO has nothing to do with backing Trump.

It has EVERYTHING to do with backing personal rights, (which you claim is in the First Amendment, (still havent' seen THAT link)), and the Second Amendment
In every single post of yours I’ve read you totally give yourself away what your true views are. You think no one notices.

You’re for personal rights?
You mean like the ones Trump stomped on when he incessantly wanted to lock up Hillary without due process?

You’re a joke, man. You’re always digging at liberals and ignore the most inane racist trump supporters.

You fool no one.
You fool no one

Nor do you.

as far as your quote from the EO, why didn't you quote this part?

"The rule applied to “a narrow group of people who have been determined by the Social Security Administration to lack the capacity, on the basis of a mental disorder, to manage their affairs, specifically their benefit payments,” wrote Lindsay Nichols, federal policy director for the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, in testimony to Congress in February 2017."

Do you approve of cubical monkeys at the SSA deciding who is qualified to own/purchase firearms?

Is THAT who you want to decide your rights?

What other rights should they decide for you?

Right to vote?

Right to a speedy trial?

Right to Free Speech?

It would be smarter to teach these boys that violence is bad and attempt at forcing some compassion into their thick skulls.

This latest asshole is a sociopath. Look it up.

A7EFC28D-D8CE-4539-B212-D359314472F9.jpeg
Great, now 15 year old Jimmy the psychopath and others like them who are too young to buy guns can get one for free by knocking out their teacher from behind.

This idea is so dumb that it blows my mind grown adults came up with it.

How about arming the school security only?

Wow...
Most schools don’t have “ security.”
Many schools are struggling to buy up to date textbooks.

I guess they will have to cut the overblown wages of the teachers then and get some security. Lobbying so hard for wages that our children can't even have text books? Jesus christ... these people care about the kids?
Overblown teachers salaries?
Lmao
They’re the most underpaid hardest working people on the planet.
Teachers don’t have executive time like your lazy prez and watch TV 8 hours a day and get paid doing it.

That would mean expecting parents to do their jobs, allowing real discipline, and teaching them that nasty rap songs are not about actual goals in life. Libs would rather blame guns, police, rich people and others so they can excuse the actions of the idiots, the deranged and the hateful scum.

We've always had guns and students used to take them into schools for shooting practice. Guys used to have gun racks in their pickups. No one ever committed a mass shooting. In those days, we were taught to respect authority and we faced consequences when we screwed up. Our parents weren't gang members. Our parents and teachers worked together to keep us in line. Many people were religious. We didn't have as much mental illness. We had more two parent functional families.

Now we have mass shooters and so many were on the same type of meds when they were younger. There is likely a connection. And we have a culture that breeds contempt for others and parents that don't teach their children to value communities. It's the mindsets that have taken a dive. No law will change that. No law will stop people from being dangerous to others.

Some need mental help. Some need discipline. Some need a kick in the ass. All need the left to stop making excuses for every screw up people make.

This is a cultural issue, gang. Band-aid solutions aren't going to work in the big picture.

Brutal violence fills our kids' lives, from video games to TV shows to movies and even music. Social media makes them stars, at least in their own minds. The internet gives them all the sick and hateful shit they'd like to consume. Standards are being lowered and ignored everywhere. Teevee shows are now showing people shitting and barfing for our amusement. We're afraid to criticize, analyze or maintain fundamental expectations because it may hurt feelings.

This is what cultural rot looks like, and it's a self-inflicted wound. No pun intended.

This is a cultural issue, gang. Band-aid solutions aren't going to work in the big picture.

Brutal violence fills our kids' lives, from video games to TV shows to movies and even music. Social media makes them stars, at least in their own minds. Standards are being lowered and ignored everywhere. Teevee shows are now showing people shitting and barfing for our amusement. We're afraid to criticize, analyze or maintain fundamental expectations because it may hurt feelings.

This is what cultural rot looks like, and it's a self-inflicted wound. No pun intended.

Are you seriously blaming video games and TV for the shootings, even worse in the same paragraph stating that all other explanations are too simple (Irony alert).

I assumed better of you.

Brutal violence fills our kids' lives, from video games to TV shows to movies and even music. Social media makes them stars, at least in their own minds. Standards are being lowered and ignored everywhere. Teevee shows are now showing people shitting and barfing for our amusement. We're afraid to criticize, analyze or maintain fundamental expectations because it may hurt feelings.

Are you seriously blaming video games and TV for the shootings, even worse in the same paragraph stating that all other explanations are too simple (Irony alert).

I assumed better of you.
I said "cultural", and you narrowed it down to video games and TV.

Speaking of simple.

I assumed better of you.

Speaking of simple.

You explicitly detailed TV and video games. Has it not been proven multiple times that they have nothing to do with the issue?

This guy was a psycho and no one gave a fuck. No one giving a fuck is the culture you are talking about. That being said, we are still talking about one in a million exception here, and not the rule.

I assumed better of you.

Speaking of simple.

You explicitly detailed TV and video games. Has it not been proven multiple times that they have nothing to do with the issue?

This guy was a psycho and no one gave a fuck. No one giving a fuck is the culture you are talking about. That being said, we are still talking about one in a million exception here, and not the rule.
This psycho was a white supremacist like yourself.
But there are a lot of you nut cases running around but the point is if he didn’t have a military style assault weapon most if not all of those kids and teachers would still believe alive. The NRA/ GOP/ Trump all have blood on their hands and if there isn’t a gun control bill ready to go by midterms... kiss your ass goodbye and say hello to Nancy Pelosi, the next speaker of the House.
Americans are mad as hell and they’re not going to take the inaction of the spineless GOP and president any longer.

I assumed better of you.

Speaking of simple.

This psycho was a white supremacist like yourself.
But there are a lot of you nut cases running around but the point is if he didn’t have a military style assault weapon most if not all of those kids and teachers would still believe alive. The NRA/ GOP/ Trump all have blood on their hands and if there isn’t a gun control bill ready to go by midterms... kiss your ass goodbye and say hello to Nancy Pelosi, the next speaker of the House.
Americans are mad as hell and they’re not going to take the inaction of the spineless GOP and president any longer.

You're correct that it was "military style," which means functionally it's indistinguishable from any semi-auto hunting rifle.

They're government schools, moron. They are run by the teacher's unions.

Teachers unions are the dumbass education basher's go to tactic when they need someone to blame!

Why do you say such drivel when many states have no teachers unions at all? Who is to blame for their problems?

Come on! Doesn't your handbook tell you who to blame? I just wish one of you would man up and tell me how my teachers union has impacted my day-to-day existence as a teacher, I would really appreciate it. I have no idea what you guys think. It is especially challenging since we have no ability to strike, our collective bargaining consists of "Please, sir! May I have some more!", and the lousy working conditions we have. I nearly busted my bladder today because I teach 3 hours straight with no break to even take a whizz!

If you non-thinkers only knew how little impact teachers unions have on anything related to schools and how incredibly weak and ineffective they are, you would be amazed that you have been afraid of a paper tiger!

the school unions dont really care about much other then funding the DNC

Maybe if Republicans were not such ignorant assholes when it comes to education, they might get some support from the teachers unions. However, since that never happens, do you blame unions for donating to Democrats who won't try to demean the teachers at every opportunity like some of the ignorant posters on this thread?

they are not ass holes

they just expect more from the schools

we have seen throwing more money at schools does not improve them

why should shitty teachers be impossible to fire
Try running a school district without money, dumbass.
Expect more from schools?
Then talk to the parents who send their kids to school without breakfast and without discipline of any kind but expect the teachers to be the parents the real ones can’t be..

The schools don't have discipline because leftwingers are running them. However, they all serve breakfast, lunch and dinner for free.

"Collaborative" means the school board pays lip service to what parents want.

Your school boards are not elected? If they are, why haven't you run? Around here, getting someone to do all of that work for free is making it hard to find people to run.

They are elected mostly by teachers.
School boards are elected by teachers? Lmao
On what planet?
In your county, moron. School board elections are held in off years, and turn out is exceptionally low. However, all the teachers go to the polls. That means that teachers makeup enough of the vote to get their prefered candidates on the board.

That's odd. My school board is elected during the general election along with all other state representatives, city, and county officials. Maybe that is why you are so fucked up? Stop bitching about the rest of the world who does it right and worry about your own little hamlet because apparently the problem doesn't exist out here in the real world.
Where I grew up they had elections in off years, like 2017. Turnout was something like 10%, which means the teacher vote was a big chunk of the total vote. If you pissed off the teachers, you were done-for.

Well as we’ve seen, school shooters typically take their own lives with the exception of the most recent case. Of course, it really wouldn’t be hard for the shooter to take out his teacher and a dozen others in the classroom and then, you know, flee the scene.
So in your mind, average joe-student has the skills of a ninja and a special forces operator? He will quickly disarm his teacher and then efficiently execute “a dozen” students in the class (even though very few handguns hold a dozen rounds)? :laugh:
I think a Glock holds 10 rounds.

Forum List

Back