CDZ If you . . .

The Constitution established our branches of government
We just need to use them as necessary

Constitution is not a cookbook telling you what meals you are allowed to make....it built a kitchen for future generations to use

The Constitution has to be understood against a backdrop of the numerous other writings of its authors. They did more than simply establish branches of government. They were trying to pass on a particular "spirit" of law, so I understand why you might abide changes, but nuance isn't the strong suit of this utterly debased, mind-controlled nation, so you must be very, very careful about how you "use" this kitchen. The spirit was definitively one of freedom, and we've moved so far from that, those men would have called up the militia and revolted 100 times over by now, while we apathetically fall asleep watching Game of Thrones.

I do believe that government should definitely be limited to their constitutional jurisdictions though. The pants the government is wearing have gotten very LARGE indeed. :D
I think We the People should decide what roles we want our government to fill
We the People have a process for amending the constitution.
Not really necessary

Constitution is not a cookbook telling you what meals you are allowed to make....it built a kitchen for future generations to use
So now we can simply ignore the constitution and do what ever we want... cool.
The Constitution did a great job in establishing our government structure .....let’s use it

I don’t worry much about what an 18th century aristocrat thought about running a 21st century society

The Constitution did a great job in establishing our government structure .....let’s use it

I don’t worry much about what an 18th century aristocrat thought about running a 21st century society

Well then you're diminished by that bias. These are some of the greatest philosophers to set foot upon this soil; if you disregard their other works of authorship, you have no business speaking to what kind of job they did, because you don't understand what they were trying to do.

Truth is eternal. The principles they expounded upon are relevant across all times and places.

What arrogance... to believe your understanding surpasses theirs by mere virtue of being born a few generations later. These men spent quiet time thinking, without a blinking box to feed them their ideas. They pondered the nature of man, and how society may best reflect that nature. How much introspective time have you spent reflecting on these ideas? Where's your voluminous works of contemplation?

If you are a democrat, what democratic policies do you disagree with?

If you are a republican, what republican policies do you disagree with?

I find it very curious how people can just tow the party line in every single instance? I am starting this thread to find out exactly how much do people disagree with the respective parties? Do they disagree with them about any of their stances or policies? Are you always in COMPLETE agreement with your party, no matter their policies or their ways of going about getting what they want? Perhaps there are some tactics that your party uses that you might disagree with? I started this in the CDC because I actually want some answers instead of our usual battering of one another's views and party affiliations. :D

Thanks for your input.
I am not a Republican, however I am firmly on the right, so I'll reply anyway.

I don't agree with the fact that they seek to expand the government.

I don't agree with their support of regulations.

I don't agree with their support of subsidies.

I don't agree with their attempts to police the world, however I do agree with striking back when attacked.

I don't agree with the fact that they're so willing to make deals with the left.

They've also shown themselves to be supporters of Welfare programs, more spending, and have supported Social Security in the past, all of which I'm completely opposed to.

Republicans have also supported environmental protection programs, which I'm also strongly against.

I also don't agree with their support of a path to citizenship.

I don't agree with foreign aid in any capacity.

I don't agree with the Republican opposition to drugs, nor do I agree with what little opposition to Same Sex Marriage there is in the party.

Republicans also generally support SOME regulations on guns, which I do not.

Republicans support the existence of the Public School, which I do not.

I also don't agree with any policies regarding the LGBT community, whether supporting or opposing, and Republicans have supported both types.

I don't agree with the Republicans wanting Puerto Rico to be a state.

Basically, I barely support them over the left, only because I support even less that the left does, especially now that they've doubled down on everything I disagree with.

Well then you're diminished by that bias. These are some of the greatest philosophers to set foot upon this soil; if you disregard their other works of authorship, you have no business speaking to what kind of job they did, because you don't understand what they were trying to do.

Truth is eternal. The principles they expounded upon are relevant across all times and places.

What arrogance... to believe your understanding surpasses theirs by mere virtue of being born a few generations later. These men spent quiet time thinking, without a blinking box to feed them their ideas. They pondered the nature of man, and how society may best reflect that nature. How much introspective time have you spent reflecting on these ideas? Where's your voluminous works of contemplation?
Yes

I have a much better understanding of a 21st century society

Yes

People don't change

I find it very curious how people can just tow the party line in every single instance? I am starting this thread to find out exactly how much do people disagree with the respective parties? Do they disagree with them about any of their stances or policies? Are you always in COMPLETE agreement with your party, no matter their policies or their ways of going about getting what they want? Perhaps there are some tactics that your party uses that you might disagree with? I started this in the CDC because I actually want some answers instead of our usual battering of one another's views and party affiliations. :D

Thanks for your input.

I don't agree with their attempts to police the world, however I do agree with striking back when attacked.

I don't agree with the fact that they're so willing to make deals with the left.

They've also shown themselves to be supporters of Welfare programs, more spending, and have supported Social Security in the past, all of which I'm completely opposed to.

Republicans have also supported environmental protection programs, which I'm also strongly against.

I don't agree with the Republican opposition to drugs, nor do I agree with what little opposition to Same Sex Marriage there is in the party.

I also don't agree with any policies regarding the LGBT community, whether supporting or opposing, and Republicans have supported both types.

Basically, I barely support them over the left, only because I support even less that the left does, especially now that they've doubled down on everything I disagree with.
Sounds borderline anarchist

Yes

People don't change
Of course they do

Yes

People don't change
Of course they do

No they don't.

Yes

Bullshit. You know it's trappings; its features and devices. The underpinning of human existence was expounded upon by these men, and you know nothing of that. These men revolted against the most formidable military force of their time for a fraction of the oppression we deal with today, because they understood man's inherent self-ownership, and valued freedom and true principles more dearly than security and comfort. You come here and support a government that would rob you blind and talk down to you like a child, then dismiss someone like me for declaring true liberty as the right of every individual. You have an understanding of nothing if you don't understand this most basic, fundamental principle.

I do believe that government should definitely be limited to their constitutional jurisdictions though. The pants the government is wearing have gotten very LARGE indeed. :D
I think We the People should decide what roles we want our government to fill
We the People have a process for amending the constitution.
Not really necessary

So now we can simply ignore the constitution and do what ever we want... cool.

The thing is if the constitution can be amended to what we think if need be. The constitution should be used as a measuring stick to ensure that our government stays within bounds. If we need to expand those bounds we should do so with the process laid out by the constitution or eventually the constitution becomes meaningless.

Yes

Bullshit. You know it's trappings; its features and devices. The underpinning of human existence was expounded upon by these men, and you know nothing of that. These men revolted against the most formidable military force of their time for a fraction of the oppression we deal with today, because they understood man's inherent self-ownership, and valued freedom and true principles more dearly than security and comfort. You come here and support a government that would rob you blind and talk down to you like a child, then dismiss someone like me for declaring true liberty as the right of every individual. You have an understanding of nothing if you don't understand this most basic, fundamental principle.
These men were ahead of their time....but they were creatures of their time period
They engaged in and tolerated slavery, denied women’s rights, knew nothing of modern economies or social programs

I have a better conception of modern needs than they do

Yes

These men were ahead of their time....but they were creatures of their time period
They engaged in and tolerated slavery, denied women’s rights, knew nothing of modern economies or social programs

“Needs” do not dictate moral policy, rights do. Unless, of course, you’re a Marxist. These men spoke of rights, which are immutable across all time and space.

Yes

“Needs” do not dictate moral policy, rights do. Unless, of course, you’re a Marxist. These men spoke of rights, which are immutable across all time and space.

Needs dictate what is done for the General Welfare

Needs dictate what is done for the General Welfare

This is precisely the problem. The mind-controlled masses place needs above rights. They are very aware of perceived need, but would be hard-pressed to even describe what a right is. If they read the words of the founding fathers, they would understand human rights and we wouldn't be slipping into communism.

But since they rely on state education (or its private clones) and the dumbed-down culture to provide them with full extent of their knowledge, the forces infecting this country can penetrate their brains with a need mentality and manipulate them with ease. All they have to do is drum up a need, either by pulling on heartstrings, or creating/leveraging a threat, and people will hand themselves over on a platter in the name of comfort and/or security.

And these principles of human psychology have been known for thousands of years, being purposefully occulted throughout history; either by hiding them directly, or (in the modern age) by diverting attention away from them. They are routinely used by people who understand them against people who don't.

“If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”
- Samuel Adams

Thanks for your input.

I disagree with the Democratic Parties stance on a path to citizenship for illegal aliens- while I support legalizing illegal aliens I don't agree with a path to citizenship for them.

I have disagreed with tactics used by the DNC including throwing its weight behind Clinton in the last primary.

Probably more that just doesn't come to mind right now

So, while I am considered pro choice, I do not agree with the tactics that other pro choicers use. I do not think of abortion as something to be encouraged or celebrated at all. However, it should be option because some people don't have very many other options.

I really don't know of anyone who 'celebrates' abortion itself- though many celebrate that women currently have the right of choice and can control their own reproduction.

Thanks for your input.

Sounds borderline anarchist
What would you say the duties of A government are?

I'm an Independent but align more with GOP and definitely support President Trump. I do not agree with spending 25 billion (which will be 100 billion+) to build a Southern border wall. I don't know if it's a GOP policy but I am for getting Pot changed to a schedule 2 drug and legalizing it. The Opiate industry has killed enough people and destroyed enough lives.

Forum List

Back