🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If Your Black in America...

Dumb.
White anger over arrest of two black men at Starbucks is long overdue
1.) You have been raised in the greatest nation a free people could ever create.
2.) You Have spent zero days as a slave.
3.) You Have never seen a sign that says “whites only.”
4.) You Have had more opportunity than 90% of the people walking this planet.
While all of that is true there are situations where they are mistreated because of their color. Almost all Americans are profiled for one reason or another.
Denying that is ignoring reality.
I have been profiled because of looking dirty after work at a Lexus dealer and other places as well as by by the police after I got out of prison.
The thing is I didn't use those situations as an excuse for bad behavior or crying endlessly about being opressed.

Dumb.
1.) You have been raised in the greatest nation a free people could ever create.

Do you believe that blacks get the same opportunities as whites?

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk
trick question.

if you say yes are they now racist?

does everyone, regardless of their color or background, get the same opportunity? hardly.

life can sometimes just suck. period. it has nothing to do with race, accountability, actions and the like - it just sucks.

so - let me ask you - is "racism" overused and now a crutch and in danger of losing any real value as a word these days?

Dumb.

Actually plenty of black people have seen "whites only" signs. That disappeared in the 1950s, people over the age of 75 may have seen such signs.

That doesn't mean racism doesn't exist because they got told to take the signs down.

"Please sir, take down the racist sign"
"Oh, surely sir, now I am no longer a fucking ignorant racist any more, where did I put my nuclear physics book I've been meaning to read all these years?"
at last we agree. where we disagree is it doesn't stop there.

people will always be leary of unknowns. stereotyping. things different than them. called human nature. agreed? if i can't force someone not to be gay can i force them not to be racist? if i must tolerate one...now try to go to black communities in other countries and demand white rights. go ahead. video that fucker as it will go viral. so, it that racism also? or human nature in action?

if you believe people are going to fundamentally change that much in a singular lifetime, your next sign is coming from jeff foxworthy.

The thread poster shows the real dummy in his title. Sad.

"Racism is not about how you look, it is about how people assign meaning to how you look." Robin D.G. Kelley

"Policies like the Affordable Care Act (ACA), which provided health insurance to millions of uninsured and previously uninsurable Americans, should have been one of those race-neutral programs that did not engender this depth of anger-especially because one of Trump's primary constituencies benefited substantially from it. A Gallup poll showed that "the uninsured population among low-income white people without a college degree ... dropped from 25% in 2013 to 15%" just three years later. As much as Trump voters valued finally having access to health care to deal with chronic illnesses like diabetes, to get screenings for cancer, and to make possible a liver transplant, those benefits came with a bitter and unforgivable downside. ACA was Obamacare, which was bad enough in itself" But there was also the "anger ... that other people were getting even better, even cheaper benefits-and those other people did not deserve the help. " In vintage dog-whistle language, Trump supporters explained that Obamacare was proof that "Americans have grown too lazy and entitled," that these "other people are getting health care for free," and that "the economy is rigged for people who receive government assistance. "

Trump supporters, therefore, saw their candidate as "America's last chance" to recreate a nation that reminded them of the good old days. The country's growing diversity, Obama's very existence in the White House, and the ever-increasing visibility of African Americans in colleges and corporations had fueled a sense that these gains were "likely to reduce the influence of white Americans in society." Trump's win exposed in frightening ways the "ethnonationalist rage centered around a black president" and the fear that all of the resources and wealth accumulated through centuries of public policy would be subject to "redistribution from older, white America to its younger, more diverse" population."

The ubiquitous campaign slogan "Make America Great Again" (MAGA) was, therefore, freighted with heavy racial baggage. Some 20 percent of Trump supporters believed the Emancipation Proclamation had been bad public policy and that the enslaved should have never been freed." #58 [see below]

Page 170 and top of 171 "White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide" by Carol Anderson

White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide by Carol Anderson

#58 Nearly 20 percent of Trump’s supporters disapprove of Lincoln freeing the slaves

So ... You cited a YouGov poll ... And are colluding with the an UK organization to influence political opinion here in the states.

Not to mention one of YouGov's shareholders like BlackRock which is the worlds largest asset holder with $6.3 Trillion in assets ...
And is considered the "worlds largest shadow bank".
Or shareholder Standard Life Aberdeen ... That raked in a cool $22.63 Billion in revenues last year.

Do you even have a clue where the garbage you post is coming from ... :dunno:

Dumb.

Actually plenty of black people have seen "whites only" signs. That disappeared in the 1950s, people over the age of 75 may have seen such signs.

That doesn't mean racism doesn't exist because they got told to take the signs down.

"Oh, surely sir, now I am no longer a fucking ignorant racist any more, where did I put my nuclear physics book I've been meaning to read all these years?"

Actually they existed long past that. Well into the 1960’s. It was the law for many folks through 1964 when it was ended by the civil rights act.

“De Facto” segregation still exists today even if it is not the law of the city, state, or country.

The thing that bothers me is that it isn't enough for a white person not to care about race. I think we are to a point where a majority of white people just don't give a crap about race, but professional victims still call them evil and wish for them to die or be replaced.

Any "Black" person in America who believes s/he is being "held back" by racism is a pathetic soul indeed.

In the first place, you cannot claim to have been "held back" unless you have taken advantage of all the "free stuff" that America provides. That means taking advantage of all the free schooling available. Completing K-12 to the best of your ability, and for most "Blacks" that will lead to not only a high school diploma, but usually at least a partial scholarship to college.

Taking advantage also means being gainfully employed whenever POSSIBLE, which, in our economy, means all the time. Taking advantage might also mean entering military service, which is an EXCELLENT way of securing not only money, but all sorts of benefits both during and after the enlistment ends.

Taking advantage also means staying out of all sorts of trouble, and NOT making personally and economically stupid moves like having or fathering children before you are able to nurture them fully.

Taking advantage means seeking out all opportunities, whether through entrepreneurship or gainful employment, and once employed, constantly seeking to better your position through overtime, promotions, or finding a better job someplace else. And this process never ends.

So once you have done all that, and been DENIED meaningful opportunities due to your race, you cannot honestly say that your race has held you back. And one employer turning you down, even if it is because of your race, is not definitive. White people are also turned down many times during their lives, and sometimes it is through no fault of their own.

Dumb.

trick question.

does everyone, regardless of their color or background, get the same opportunity? hardly.

life can sometimes just suck. period. it has nothing to do with race, accountability, actions and the like - it just sucks.

so - let me ask you - is "racism" overused and now a crutch and in danger of losing any real value as a word these days?

Dumb.

trick question.

Racism is a serious issue. The word is thrown around too much. I'm really tired of Democrats screaming racism when there is none. I'm also sick and tired of Conservatives not even trying to hide their racist tendencies.

Dumb.

trick question.

Dumb.

trick question.

Racism is a serious issue. The word is thrown around too much. I'm really tired of Democrats screaming racism when there is none. I'm also sick and tired of Conservatives not even trying to hide their racist tendencies.

well that would be a problem then wouldn't it? i mean if EVERYTHING is racist to a liberal, then what is really racist? we won't know cause to the left it's anything they don't like.

as for conservatives not trying to hide it - if we don't have it defined to a common ground, how can we know what is or isn't being hidden?

Dumb.

trick question.

Dumb.

trick question.

well that would be a problem then wouldn't it? i mean if EVERYTHING is racist to a liberal, then what is really racist? we won't know cause to the left it's anything they don't like.

I never said everything is racist to Liberals.
You should work on those reading comprehension skills.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Dumb.

trick question.

Dumb.

trick question.

If one has racist tendencies, isn't hiding it the proper thing to do?

Dumb.
5) You are more likely to know the difference between Your and You're.

Ah yes, you always know you're winning a debate when you bring up typos.

Dumb.

Actually they existed long past that. Well into the 1960’s. It was the law for many folks through 1964 when it was ended by the civil rights act.

“De Facto” segregation still exists today even if it is not the law of the city, state, or country.

And at times it's the blacks that insist on segregation. I remember stories coming out of colleges of blacks wanting separate graduation ceremonies or dorm rooms.

Dumb.

trick question.

Dumb.

trick question.

I never said everything is racist to Liberals.
You should work on those reading comprehension skills.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

my reply was just fine. cons hiding their racism? you're assuming they are racist. the ONLY way many people are racist today is if they disagree with a liberal.

you didn't say it and i didn't say you said it now did i? so go work on your own comprehension.

Forum List

Back