If you're gay, get ready, the GOP and Trump's cabinet are coming after you. Believe it!

Where in the Bible does it condemn slavery?
A better question would be - "where does it teach it"? This is a golden opportunity for you to read God's work and learn for yourself. I think we both can agree that I have done enough of your homework for you for one night.
It teaches adultery is wrong, yet most of our elected leadership are adulterers. Did you vote for any adulterers?

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. “But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given.” (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)
First of all....servant and slave.....two drastically separate things. A servant is an individual who is paid and there of their own free will.

Second...this is what is known as a "parable". It is stating that if God gives you gifts - He expects you to develop those gifts and use them for His glory.

Where in the Bible does it condemn slavery?
A better question would be - "where does it teach it"? This is a golden opportunity for you to read God's work and learn for yourself. I think we both can agree that I have done enough of your homework for you for one night.

The bible gives some pretty specific lessons on the best way to purchase and treat your slaves. That's an awful lot like teaching it...

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl’s owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. “But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given.” (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)
Awwww, no you went and spoiled the conversation with facts. ;)

Don't think Trump said anything during campaign to support op. Whole argument is omg someone Trump appointed doesn't toe the radical gay line..........Nothing but fearmongoring ........

It teaches adultery is wrong, yet most of our elected leadership are adulterers.
I'm not sure "most" of our elected leadership are adulterers. I know some are. But that's our fault for electing people who lack character and integrity.
Did you vote for any adulterers?
How would I know? I voted for Ted Cruz in the primary. Has he cheated on his wife? Not to my knowledge - but that doesn't mean he hasn't. What's your point here?

Given that in my opinion Trump is socially liberal this doesn't seem very likely.
Agreed. Back that up with the fact most of the "anti-gay" laws violated the 14th Amendment and it's difficult to see anything being reversed.

OTOH, what I'd like to see is a reversal of forcing private citizens to like or accept anyone. The example of the baker comes to mind. Let them be bigoted asssholes, but the US government forcing them to accept anyone who comes into their shop is wrong, IMO. Sure, their bigotry is wrong too and poor business judgment, but that should be their right to do.

Instead of a stick, a carrot is a better approach. Instead of threatening to drive them out of business, why not just disallow them from taking Federal tax deductions or being eligible for Federal business loans if they do not comply with Federal standards of conduct?

How would I know? I voted for Ted Cruz in the primary. Has he cheated on his wife? Not to my knowledge - but that doesn't mean he hasn't. What's your point here?
Who did you vote for on November 8th? Why the deceitfulness?

It should indeed be the business of the business owner, not the government. But this is all an attempt to normalize homosexuality and pretend gender is no longer relevant. It is for most people and always will be. Trying to force people to embrace beliefs never works out well.
No one gives a rodent's hind parts what you believe, but the fact is that homosexuality has been "normalized" and gender is in fact irrelevant. Deal with it.
Actually....the overwhelming majority of America cares what Iceweasel thinks. He's one of the brightest minds on USMB and the entire federal government is run by Republicans because the American people agree with Ice.

It should indeed be the business of the business owner, not the government. But this is all an attempt to normalize homosexuality and pretend gender is no longer relevant. It is for most people and always will be. Trying to force people to embrace beliefs never works out well.
No one gives a rodent's hind parts what you believe, but the fact is that homosexuality has been "normalized" and gender is in fact irrelevant. Deal with it.
Actually....the overwhelming majority of America cares what Iceweasel thinks. He's one of the brightest minds on USMB and the entire federal government is run by Republicans because the American people agree with Ice.
Lefties always assume they speak for everybody. Pushing this progressive crap on us is what did them in. As the old saying goes ...give them enough rope ...

Nice dodge. Lemme guess, technically, you're an adulterer....maybe even a flatout one. Am I close?

Should I have the right to kick out all adulterers from my business? I think so, but asshole authoritarians won't allow it.
Agreed about it should be up to the private business owner, not the government.

What "deceitfulness"?!? I didn't support Trump. Never have. I can't make it any more clear. And I'm not aware of Trump having an affair. Again....what is your point?!? Can you please explain what you're getting at? Your cryptic nonsense is just getting boring now. If you have something to say - say it already. God Almighty.

First of all....servant and slave.....two drastically separate things. A servant is an individual who is paid and there of their own free will.

Second...this is what is known as a "parable". It is stating that if God gives you gifts - He expects you to develop those gifts and use them for His glory.

"Patriot" who never served, that's one out of a half dozen bible quotes I provided. The bible is very specific in its teaching on how to treat slaves.

What "deceitfulness"?!? I didn't support Trump. Never have. I can't make it any more clear. And I'm not aware of Trump having an affair. Again....what is your point?!? Can you please explain what you're getting at? Your cryptic nonsense is just getting boring now. If you have something to say - say it already. God Almighty.

Trumps affairs were all over the NY press.

Trump says cheating on Ivana with Marla was 'beautiful' in 1994

Yes but Pence is actually acting president. And Rachael Maddow tried to unseat him as governor for his views opposing gay marriage. So.... when casting predictions I like to look for anchors in the parameters of reality.

Nice dodge. Lemme guess, technically, you're an adulterer....maybe even a flatout one. Am I close?

Should I have the right to kick out all adulterers from my business? I think so, but asshole authoritarians won't allow it.
Define "normalized".

There is a huge difference between tolerance and condoning or advocating.

Let's face it, homosexuality, like Left Handedness and Color-Blindness, is a genetic condition, but it isn't "normal". It should be accepted, but not praised, advocated or otherwise seen as a human condition outside the norm.

About 98% of human beings are straight. About 10% fall into the "LGBT" category. 10% is not the human norm.

FWIW, I'm Left-Handed and a bit outside the human norm in non-sexual ways. Should I expect special treatment too?

Define "normalized".

There is a huge difference between tolerance and condoning or advocating.

Let's face it, homosexuality, like Left Handedness and Color-Blindness, is a genetic condition, but it isn't "normal". It should be accepted, but not praised, advocated or otherwise seen as a human condition outside the norm.
About 98% of human beings are straight. About 10% fall into the "LGBT" category. 10% is not the human norm.

FWIW, I'm Left-Handed and a bit outside the human norm in non-sexual ways. Should I expect special treatment too?

I am not talking about a statistical "normal" obviously. In this context I mean that most people accept them as part of the community, do not see their sexuality as the primary defining characteristic , and understand that they are much more like the rest of us then they are different.

"Patriot" who never served, that's one out of a half dozen bible quotes I provided. The bible is very specific in its teaching on how to treat slaves.
Yeah...and it was 100% inaccurate. One wonders why you felt the need to add something so disingenuous? :dunno:

Are you saying P@triot isn't a vet? That he never served his country? That's very sad if true, but it would explain a lot.

Are you a vet, P@triot? If you tried to serve but failed for medical reasons, I respect that. Many of my friends had a similar problem. About a third that I know "medical'd out" for one reason or another. High blood pressure, color-blindness, blew out a knee in training, etc. Not a problem with me. At least they tried. I respect those who answer the call even if circumstances prevent them from fulfilling their desires.

Agreed on the Bible, Seawytch, but a point many non-Christian(acting) assholes disregard is that Christ nullified many of those things in the OT. People who give lip-service to Christianity and the Bible, but don't walk in Christ's footsteps, are quick to hate and unlikely to forgive. They use the Bible to fulfill their bigotry and hatred, but good Christians know they are wrong, maybe even evil. Certainly not living as Christians.

Yeah...and it was 100% inaccurate. One wonders why you felt the need to add something so disingenuous? :dunno:

You're saying the Bible is inaccurate?

Forum List

Back